This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

If you want to have a proper discussion about the Gardai I would love to but don't accuse me of simplistic arguments when your illusory correlation is designed to place the Gardaí in a ridiculously bad light.
    Why were they even touching your man let alone drag his face along the road? I thought Gardaí should not physically touch you unless they are protecting other people, defending themselves or arresting you.
    Last edited by Wombatman; 20-07-14, 12:31.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'm surely not the only one a bit disconcerted by the popularity of this Dota thing. Apparently there's more prize money available there than the British Open.

Mindful of racial steriotyping but Asains really do fanboyism on a weird level at times, especially when the recipients of their fervour are socially awkward gaming freaks.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        Would like to have a clue about what's gone on in that video Tar?

Seemed exciting but I absolutely hadn't a breeze what happened.

Where are you watching? Would like to try to have a look, would this be something people might be interested in betting on?
        Its the biggest competitive gaming event in the world with an 11m prizepool (community funded). There would definitely be potential for a betting market. Though I don't know if Valve (company that owns Steam and Dota) would partner with a betting company.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          I'm surely not the only one a bit disconcerted by the popularity of this Dota thing. Apparently there's more prize money available there than the British Open.

Mindful of racial steriotyping but Asains really do fanboyism on a weird level at times, especially when the recipients of their fervour are socially awkward gaming freaks.
          In Asia gamers are celebrities, for instance when playing in the world cup an asian team might be visited by some gamers so the footballers get to meet their heroes to spur them on before their match etc. The y would have television stations dedicated to it

However the palace dota is most popular is Europe. It's started to be shown on American tv, it's pretty much exploding in popularity. People like Jeremy lin from the Lakers saying it's the best sport their is starts giving these things credibility to a lot of non gamers. Tbh I find it a million times more interesting than watching sports. There is just so much more that can happen.

Comment

Have you ever played fifa?
            airport, lol

Comment

It's defo not a sport anyway.

Madness to me how anyone is interested in it but each to their own.
              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                Ah that was an all star match, basically everybody voted on what players you'd like to see battle it out from the best teams...then they were all picking their characters and somebody let on that a new character everybody was waiting for (for 3 years) was his pick...but he picked a boring hero...suddenly the character changes to the new one with the fireworks and the crowd goes wild.

Yeah people bet on every match.

EDIT: there is a stream specifically for people that dont have a clue btw, one of my friends from dublin was flown to seattle to cast it

link?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Have you ever played fifa?
                  Pes >

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post

People said that about a lot of things that are called sports now.

I dunno how anybody judges something they don't know anything about.

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                  Its the biggest competitive gaming event in the world with an 11m prizepool (community funded). There would definitely be potential for a betting market. Though I don't know if Valve (company that owns Steam and Dota) would partner with a betting company.
                  There are betting sites, some Russian threw a game for 322 dollars which got hom banned and kicked from his team, there are ingame item bets too, these items can go over 50k in value

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    [/B]

link?
                    Will post later, on phone

Comment

People said that about a lot of things that are called sports now.

Most of them probably arent sports either, such as poker maybe.

Its watching people playing a computer game, I enjoy playing games myself but I have no interest in watching other people playing them but as I said whatever floats your boat.
                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

It seems like such an unhealthy persuit to be glamourising the way they are though. I can only imagine how many kids lives are being ruined trying chase this dream that I'm guessing only a tiny % achieve.

Waaaay more open to judgement than physical sports.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post

Is it basically just ufc on a PC? Where is the cash derived from?

Comment

It seems like such an unhealthy persuit to be glamourising the way they are though. I can only imagine how many kids lives are being ruined trying chase this dream that I'm guessing only a tiny % achieve.

Is this poker were talking about?

Comment

you're on a poker forum

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                                Is this poker were talking about?
                                Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                you're on a poker forum
                                I was specifically referring to children, do you know many poker sites that allow 10 year olds play?
                                Profit before people.

Comment

a friend of mine who'd be into Dota etc told me that during the build up to the World Cup, Dota players visited the South Korea team for motivational/inspirational purposes.

edit: lol, took the chance of posting this without reading the last few posts to bring me up to date
                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Far too much typing for a phone will post properly later if I can

Comment

In Asia gamers are celebrities, for instance when playing in the world cup an asian team might be visited by some gamers so the footballers get to meet their heroes to spur them on before their match etc. The y would have television stations dedicated to it

However the palace dota is most popular is Europe. It's started to be shown on American tv, it's pretty much exploding in popularity. People like Jeremy lin from the Lakers saying it's the best sport their is starts giving these things credibility to a lot of non gamers. Tbh I find it a million times more interesting than watching sports. There is just so much more that can happen.
                                      any comparisons with the poker boom?

read: is there any way to profit on this explosion?
                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

They are kids, chasing unattainable dreams is their job.
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

what do you mean by the bolded bit?
                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Honda, the toilets in T1 are a bit shit, pardon the pun.
                                            Last edited by Icarus152; 20-07-14, 13:20.
                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Dota - Posted the below in the documentary thread a while back. It's a decent introduction to the world for anyone who wants to know a little more.

FREE TO PLAY is a feature-length documentary that follows three professional gamers from around the world as they compete for a million dollar prize in the f...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                any comparisons with the poker boom?

read: is there any way to profit on this explosion?
                                                You could make ingame items in the Steam Workshop which people can then buy for real money http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

jamfly, we need to open a sweat shop of asians making steamshop tools, probably squeeze 45 into my apartment, pm sent

Comment

It's like Meath are playing a 1 man forward line, never have any support.

RTE co-com is dreadful
                                                    Last edited by ghostface; 20-07-14, 13:28.

Comment

Meath are so poor. Dublin aren't going to have to get out of a low gear here.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                        jamfly, we need to open a sweat shop of asians making steamshop tools, probably squeeze 45 into my apartment, pm sent
                                                        I'm in. I thought the money might come from the SCOOP 6 or investing in a sandwich shop, but lets be honest, we all knew the big money was always going to involve Asians in sweat shops.
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

there'll be a couple of jobs for the badge men - team leader 'roles'.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            In Spain, on iPad, how do I watch the gaa on rte player app?
                                                            It takes a bit of configuration to work on iPad but unblock.us works seamlessly once you have it running

sign up fpor the free trial and instructions to use it on ipad are here
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                              RTE co-com is dreadful
                                                              Martin Carney, always a disaster

Comment

Newb question about the GAA...

I just heard them saying one of the Dublin backroom staff formerly played for Dublin and also for Leitrim.

How does eligibility work in GAA? Is there any sort of born/living in an area for a certain time rules, or is it all about your club and you're free to play for whatever club you like? I know that it'd be rare for players to move from their home club.
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Fuck me, these twats waffling on about advantage rule for Meath 'disallowed' goal. Dub player fouled your man and only stopped fouling him when the whistle blew, they then think the ref should play advantage he would never had released him without the whistle, idiots

Comment

+1 for unblockus. Cheap and reliable,bonus that it opens up netflix libraries from.other countries. Used it im cancun last year to watch the all ireland on nexus.
                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                      there'll be a couple of jobs for the badge men - team leader 'roles'.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                        Strictly unpaid internships, I hope?
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just passed Solkskjaer here in the airport and gave him the big wave, he clearly had no idea who I was

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Rory starting to wobble.
                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                I didn't title the video. I obviously think that dragging someone across the ground on their head and initially pushing away people who seem to know the young man and are trying to come to his assistance is not on. In both cases the police involved are too heavy handed and - while it wouldn't be an issue if the victims were fully healthy and robust and could take it - produce an unfortunate and unnecessary outcome through their actions.
                                                                                You obviously didn't read the comments underneath the video.

"and by the way, these aren't police, they are a Private Security Company - it even says Gaurda (sic) on their uniform. Palestine for the Jews".

Comment

Wobble wobble rory

Comment

reasons to be slightly worried if you're a McIlroy fan I think?
                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                      In Spain, on iPad, how do I watch the gaa on rte player app?

ExpressVPN is super and very straight forward.
                                                                                      twitter
                                                                                      moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                        Newb question about the GAA...

I just heard them saying one of the Dublin backroom staff formerly played for Dublin and also for Leitrim.

How does eligibility work in GAA? Is there any sort of born/living in an area for a certain time rules, or is it all about your club and you're free to play for whatever club you like? I know that it'd be rare for players to move from their home club.
                                                                                        Afaik the main way to get a club transfer from your local club to a new club is if you move address. Not easy to get a transfer if say your local club is crap and the one 5 miles away is better. Clubs transfers can be quite a messy area unfortunately.

Re playing for two counties, it could be because of moving address as above, or he might have been able to play for Leitrim under the parent rule which allows Dublin born&resident players to play for a county their parents are elligible for.

Comment

If it wasn't for for a terrible half an hour on Thursday Lowry would be leading this now!

Comment

...

Comment

Lol, just saw mrs deadlyparrot I think too, she working today DP?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                Where are you?
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                    Where are you?
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    You seem to have been in the airport for ages!
                                                                                                    Literally just boarded the plane.

Comment

This is so exciting, it's like an IPB Who's Who.

Comment

she is.
                                                                                                        Meeting all your heros today. I'll tell her you said hi
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Aired on NBC for 6 seasons, Sept 1974 to Jan 1980. Theme by Mike Post and Pete Carpenter. This version includes all of the guitar solos by Dan Ferguson. More...

Comment

...

Comment

Only Sergio would've had the vision to see that off the stand was the best play there and then have the stones to execute it perfectly
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

bruce, springsteen, paramount, theatre, asbury, park, 2009, no, audience, darkness, on, the, edge, of, town, boxset, promise, racing, in, street
                                                                                                                Last edited by oleras; 20-07-14, 16:05.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                  Why were they even touching your man let alone drag his face along the road? I thought Gardaí should not physically touch you unless they are protecting other people, defending themselves or arresting you.
                                                                                                                  I would say that once it escalated and he plonked himself in the middle of the road the intention was to arrest him.

Comment

Sergio's temperament is very Sergio unlike today, keeping it very positive so far.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

This is so exciting, it's like an IPB Who's Who.
                                                                                                                        Surprised you didn't see the Duke entourage bombing by on the M1.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Sergio gonna Sergio

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X