• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    backed Cuntlay for FRL on the same basis as all my other golf bets
    See you after dinner for a gin!

Comment

I do want a review of this place. Had some interesting comments from a friend who stayed there recently.
      Doesnt sound great! Will report back on Saturday.

Comment

OJ Simpson dead. Should have died years ago via the big needle. Or when he fell down those steps in Naked Gun.

Comment

Lowry, Wyndham and the two Kim's for me.

Please don't let it be Bryson's weekend, that would ruin it
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

We're three weeks after you unfortunately.
            14th for us.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

14th for us.
              You can get all the pro tips from Zuut and myself.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

14th for us.
                Oooh you bastard , you said the 39th

Comment

14th for us.
                  I expect any potential issues to have been fully ironed out after the feedback from you, Zuut and the Duke ahead of my arrival

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                    Has anyone seen American Fiction? I really enjoyed it, it's an entire film on Hotspur's premise that middle-class people shouldn't be allowed to make hip-hop
                    Yeah. Really enjoyed it. Glad to get to see it in a cinema, the group laughing at bits really can add to the experience.

Went to see 'Baltimore' today. Much better than I expected, though a bit distracted by thinking how strewel would experience it

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Arrived home this evening to about 30 'Ireland is Full' clowns at the end of my street. Apparently they reckon one of my neighbours is a people trafficker. Looked a charming bunch with their faces covered, am sure it was just a brief stop off on their way to help out at a homeless shelter.

Comment

# item number 100043567 on the list of things I did not know until recently was the concept of Pen Testing - essentially that before an organisation will allow their workers to use your app a specially designed app, like AppCheck, or a human expert, tries to break into your website and collapse it in all manner of ways. Mimicking what would happen if a character of dubious intent was to try to attack your app. It all went swimmingly in the end, but that was a brutally nervewracking week of prep.
                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Fucking Scotty and his shit putting.
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                            Fucking Rahm and every club in his bag

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Fucking Rahm and every club in his bag
                              Ha. Too true. Didn't have it today.

Leaderboard is look decent though. Lots of stories still in it.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Well.

It’s the annual eve of the Rorycoaster. I will be strapping in at 8am tomorrow morning and I won’t be (hopefully) getting off til Sunday 6pm.

This is his year.
                                The useless cunt.
                                Still aboard. He gave us all the hits today. A Michael Duble. A big queefy miss. A pulled putt. A tuggy tee shot.
                                BUT WE ARE FUCKING ALIVE.

I legit might eat crow on this but if those greens firm up, I don't see either Bryson or Scottie winning it.

Lets go Rors. You useless, talented, cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

Yeah. Really enjoyed it. Glad to get to see it in a cinema, the group laughing at bits really can add to the experience.

Went to see 'Baltimore' today. Much better than I expected, though a bit distracted by thinking how strewel would experience it
                                  Did it feature her dying roarin, 'cause that would have been fun to watch.

American Fiction is class.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Never liked golf tbh
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Tailed you in running on the FRL bet when he drifted. How the fuck did he leave it short on 17 after McIlroy’s putt
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        # item number 100043567 on the list of things I did not know until recently was the concept of Pen Testing - essentially that before an organisation will allow their workers to use your app a specially designed app, like AppCheck, or a human expert, tries to break into your website and collapse it in all manner of ways. Mimicking what would happen if a character of dubious intent was to try to attack your app. It all went swimmingly in the end, but that was a brutally nervewracking week of prep.
                                        Stuff that happens in the real world can be a real eye opener alright!

Comment

Pretty solid first round so far on his debut by Aberg too

Comment

Even by Conan standards this is amazing

Last edited by Degag; 12-04-24, 08:45.

Comment

14th for us.
                                              I've booked too, also the 14th (it will be our 11th wedding anniversary that day, good excuse to take advantage of the offer).

Comment

Ad's haven't been the same since Ronnie Drew...

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

I've booked too, also the 14th (it will be our 11th wedding anniversary that day, good excuse to take advantage of the offer).
                                                  Also Champions Day at the Curragh. If you fancy a day at the races pre-dinner.

Comment

Booked that fancy 18-course Japanese place in Smithfield. Anyone been?

Comment

Booked that fancy 18-course Japanese place in Smithfield. Anyone been?
                                                      No but Smithfield has clearly come a long way since the Horse Fair days.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Ad's haven't been the same since Ronnie Drew...

I remember walking through Summerhill on the way to Croker to Watch Tyrone gut through Dublin on a day of torrential rain in Dublin and the talk on the walk back to the City Centre was not of the match but Ronnie’s death. It felt like ‘the rare ol times’ itself had died. His voice was so familiar and almost reassuringly authentically Dublin. The overused cliché ‘end of an era’ really did resonate with me. When Ronnie Spoke (never mind sing), you could hear the Liberties, Meath Street, Thomas Street ring out but also Dorset Street, Gardiner Street, over to Abbey Street, he invoked pubs and smells of Dublin. Dublin just was never the same to me after Ronnie Died. I don’t really remember Luke Kelly by name as a kid listening to the ol radio but I guess he had a similar impact to all when he died. What unique voices though. The Dubliners really where incredible in their Guinness pomp.

Comment

Looks pretty cool. Here's the Irish Times review back when it first opened.

Comment

That does sound intruiging. Used to eat at an amazing sushi bar in SA and watching the dude's knife skills while munching was quite the show.

Comment

No but Smithfield has clearly come a long way since the Horse Fair days.
                                                              Someone was telling me the Dunnes in Stephens Green has a sushi chef

Comment

Was quoted 6k for a wardrobe with a 12 week waiting list. Is that to standard?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

I was in a Dunnes for the first time in about a decade at Easter and there was a huge Sheridans cheese counter.

Need to bin our old judgements imo!

Comment

Dunnes in Pavilions in Swords have a sushi stand and it looked like it is all prepared on site. I haven't seen them it in all Dunnes Stores so might be only in select stores?

Comment

I'd imagine it very much depends on what type of order you order and from where. I'm guessing you wouldn't be a bargaintown man?

Comment

In work we have an 8am meeting every Friday morning, has been this way since forever.

This morning, I may have closed my eyes and nodded off in said meeting

Thankfully, there was no snoring and only 3 of the other 16 participants noticed.

Comment

If this is standard, then you have rightly depressed me. Only one of the three bedrooms in our place came with fitted wardrobes. We need to get the others rooms done. It hasn't been a top priority but will probably need to do it before the end of the year.

I was in a Dunnes for the first time in about a decade at Easter and there was a huge Sheridans cheese counter.

They have been in most, if not all, stores for quite a while now. Has to be at least 10 year in Dunnes Rathmines.

Comment

I'd imagine it very much depends on what type of order you order and from where. I'm guessing you wouldn't be a bargaintown man?
                                                                            Sounds pretty high spec.

Paid 11k (incl VAT) for all our cabinetry which was 6 rooms.

Comment

Dunnes has been the best supermarket in the country since at least 2000. where have you been shopping?! I can't even think of somewhere else thats at the same level or even close. Tesco obv not, nor the Germans. Supervalu is just a bizarre operation. Are you shopping in Centra?

Have you seen the Dunnes butchers in Cornelscourt. Its a mad operation altogether. Dryaged whatever, huge team of butchers. Apparently something to do with Magaret Heffernan being twarted one time with getting Avoca to supply their meats to Dunnes, so she went out and bought their butchers - Higgins afair.

Comment

Dunnes has been the best supermarket in the country since at least 2000. where have you been shopping?! I can't even think of somewhere else thats at the same level or even close. Tesco obv not, nor the Germans. Supervalu is just a bizarre operation. Are you shopping in Centra?

Have you seen the Dunnes butchers in Cornelscourt. Its a mad operation altogether. Dryaged whatever, huge team of butchers. Apparently something to do with Magaret Heffernan being twarted one time with getting Avoca to supply their meats to Dunnes, so she went out and bought their butchers - Higgins afair.

I have a problem with Dunnes in Cornelscourt and it's that it is too big. I know, serious first world problems but it really is too big - it just seems to sprawl with parts of it in an unorthodox layout of weird non aisle shapes and sizes.

Comment

I'd take bargaintown over that quote

Comment

Also Champions Day at the Curragh. If you fancy a day at the races pre-dinner.
                                                                                    I'll do the BBV a service and go first, I'm going guineas weekend. Might go check out the new stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

If this is standard, then you have rightly depressed me. Only one of the three bedrooms in our place came with fitted wardrobes. We need to get the others rooms done. It hasn't been a top priority but will probably need to do it before the end of the year.
                                                                                      Our house journey is very much in sync.

Comment

Biden urged to ban China-made electric vehicles from the US (bbc.com)

Comment

meh, they did that for Japanese cars also. All it means is that the Chinese cars are made in Mexico instead of Shanghai. It doesn't actually stop the flow of the cars themselves.

Comment

I just don't get the long term economic value to the US of locking themselves out of the Chinese market. It doesn't make sense.

Comment

But most importantly it will be able to do it to the point where you won't want people doing that job as they will be reliably worse.
                                                                                              This guy has a few big hitters in the AI space backing his company, Magic Dev. He is another guy who has come from building Poker Bots, he says in this interview he developed and sold privately what he believes is currently still the best one today. Magic Dev still haven't shown a product yet.

This is some big finance/investment conference where he is says exactly like you did above, there will be a time quite soon when instead of these things helping you there will be a moment we don't see coming because it is step function in nature, where they are doing your job because they are better than you. I am not sure the penny fully drops in the room that he is basically saying he intends to replace everyone.

Comment

I just don't get the long term economic value to the US of locking themselves out of the Chinese market. It doesn't make sense.
                                                                                                Especially when China currently owns the vast majority of lithium producing mines, producers, or has massive pull with other producing countries.
                                                                                                North America has one operating lithium mine of any product.

Pissing off the Chinese on this front is silly.

1. Less EV options or choices available for American consumers. One big argument about EV mandates and support from the right is "let the market decide" not have government interference in free markets. This would destroy that. Making it more expensive for American consumers and effectively giving Tesla a monopoly. The OEMs are not nearly caught up on EV production yet.
                                                                                                2. Less Lithium available for American companies. You'd have to think the Chinese would pull some levers, the first being ensuring their suppliers(the ones they own and influence) only goes to china. Then you'd have to think they'd be able to control the price (as they sort of already do) and make any non spod lithium mines in NA uneconomical.

The ultimate outcome here isn't more American made EV's, its less, and more over reliance on petrol. Which, is probably the hidden goal for a lot of those lobbying for this.

Comment

Aren't they mainly looking to protect American jobs? If American companies can't compete on price due the advanced tooling of China in automation then it could be years for them to catch up.

You can't expect them to just let the free market do its thing

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Aren't they mainly looking to protect American jobs? If American companies can't compete on price due the advanced tooling of China in automation then it could be years for them to catch up.

You can't expect them to just let the free market do its thing
                                                                                                    Definitely. Or moreover, looking to protect American companies. The jobs will go anyway with automation, you think Elon gives a fuck about podunk bobby and his automotive manufacturing skills. Its a tech game now.

In any case, its stupid.

If the goal is more EV's, which I think it should be... for lots of reasons, mainly the climate benefits but also because if the vast majority of consumers move to EV then the US will need to update their grid infrastructure which is a net benefit for almost everything then either do what you can to make American labour and productivity more competitive (which in itself is pretty odious politically), or allow the Chinese to service your market.

Comment

Max Homo tearing it up

Comment

I'm big into the lithium market due to being so far out over my skis on a NA domestic lithium mine stock.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

This guy has a few big hitters in the AI space backing his company, Magic Dev. He is another guy who has come from building Poker Bots, he says in this interview he developed and sold privately what he believes is currently still the best one today. Magic Dev still haven't shown a product yet.

This is some big finance/investment conference where he is says exactly like you did above, there will be a time quite soon when instead of these things helping you there will be a moment we don't see coming because it is step function in nature, where they are doing your job because they are better than you. I am not sure the penny fully drops in the room that he is basically saying he intends to replace everyone.

Anecdotally, I've stopped using Research Assistants as the quality is so bad compared to good AI.

Comment

I'm not sure an article that mentions 'back-of-the-envelope' estimates means US lithium is ready for prime time.

Comment

meh, they did that for Japanese cars also. All it means is that the Chinese cars are made in Mexico instead of Shanghai. It doesn't actually stop the flow of the cars themselves.

This is already happening, well maybe not specific to cars but in general for Chinese products - A few quick stats

1) Exports from China to Mexico in Jan 2024 were 60% up on Jan 2023

2) In 2023 - Mexico had a record $36 billion of FDI

3) 2023 was the first year in two decades that the US bought more goods from Mexico than from China

4) By mid 2025, Mexico is expected to get 453 new companies into their industrial parks, 20% of which will be from firms based in China

There is also new warehousing facilities being built in Mexico close to the border with the USA. A press release for one of them recently mentioned that it could operate as a fulfillment center into the USA leveraging the Section 321 Shipment Type for e-commerce shipments.

A Section 321 shipment is an import to the US that is valued at less than $800 and is therefore exempt from tariffs. So, an American would but an e-commerce product from a Chinese company but it would ship from Mexico where the Chinese vendor has an inventory.

One possible spanner in the works for cars is a Trump reelection - He has vowed to impose 100% tariffs on cars produced in Mexico by Chinese firms but you know, Trump!

Comment

Originally posted by Degag View Post
                                                                                                                  Max Homo tearing it up
                                                                                                                  We don't talk about that.

Comment

Any of you ladies pick up any tips for the national tomorrow.?

Comment

What’s your point?

Comment

What’s your point?
                                                                                                                        I thought it might be of some interest to someone investing in Lithium, and in the future that and the other gigantic lithium find will reduce the Chinese monopoly on the precious metal. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, just that it was pertinent to the discussion!

Comment

I hate to be that guy, but why is this only four years?

Man who filmed himself sexually abusing baby boy is jailed for four years

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X