This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    GloveGate is turning into a full-on disaster. Wish had never got into this absurd and dangerous world, but can't back out now. About to push the button on a €310 pair of Hermes gloves. To think was once laughing at Tar's suggestion of €250 Burberry's. Oh to re-find that gloriously ill-informed and naïve state of mind.
    wasnt amazon doing some gloves in black friday deals?
    Couldve sworn I saw some
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

GloveGate is turning into a full-on disaster. Wish had never got into this absurd and dangerous world, but can't back out now. About to push the button on a €310 pair of Hermes gloves. To think was once laughing at Tar's suggestion of €250 Burberry's. Oh to re-find that gloriously ill-informed and naïve state of mind.
      ah come on now. 310 on a pair of gloves. It's not 2006 anymore.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            Trolling other stuff, meh you're an idiot. Trolling about someone's child being sick, maybe you should just fuck off
            +1

Teddie has massive form of being a complete and utter cunt when it comes to trolling posts about forum member's kids. It's almost like he gets off on it. You're the shrink, what does that say about him? (My diagnosis is 'complete cunt')
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              That's all well and good if it is indeed the norovirus the child has. What if its something different?

If the child only has symptoms of puking and vomiting there about a 1% it's something serious, if it is something more serious a GP won't know.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              Trolling other stuff, meh you're an idiot. Trolling about someone's child being sick, maybe you should just fuck off.

edit: Actually that was a little harsh, what I meant to say was "You ain't got the answers Sway", see from 16:00 below from my man Kanye to understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S78tT_YxF_c

How was I trolling about someone's child being sick? It's not like I made a joke about his child being sick.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              +1

Teddie has massive form of being a complete and utter cunt when it comes to trolling posts about forum member's kids. It's almost like he gets off on it. You're the shrink, what does that say about him? (My diagnosis is 'complete cunt')

massive form? Haha, pretty sure my massive form is making one comment to you. Build a bridge.

Comment

Don't tell people not to go to a doctor when you don't have a clue of the facts of the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                  Don't tell people not to go to a doctor when you don't have a clue of the facts of the case.

People give advice about everything here all the time. I'll post what I want until a mod tells me otherwise. P.S I hope you'll give SatNav the same lecture.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                    People give advice about everything here all the time. I'll post what I want until a mod tells me otherwise. P.S I hope you'll give SatNav the same lecture.
                    I certainly would give Sat Nav the same lecture.

Yes, people definitely give other people advice all the time. but generally when it involves a child's health you don't give ridiculous advice or at least expect to get called on it.

Comment

How was I trolling about someone's child being sick? It's not like I made a joke about his child being sick.
                      Lol. Like the childs health is seriously at risk.
                      Ah, I'm in a bit of a mood about something, don't mind me. Spending the next 3 days training in mindfulness based compassionate living, so spewing a bit of vitriol beforehand might be just the ticket.

Went to see the play Guaranteed! last night, which is a documentary drama written by a former journalist recreating scenes from the government, banks, regulators, etc. leading up to the bank guarantee. Was fairly boring imo.

Comment

I certainly would give Sat Nav the same lecture.

Yes, people definitely give other people advice all the time. but generally when it involves a child's health you don't give ridiculous advice or at least expect to get called on it.

It wasn't ridiculous advice. You'd swear I told him to inject him with some home made cocktail or something.

Comment

I'll post what I want until a mod tells me otherwise.
                          Stop trolling

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            Stop trolling

But then I'll have to re-reg if I want to keep posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                              amazon black friday deals do weird things to people, got this iron because it looks cool???
                              http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008J1YS4...rd_p=449478907
                              Does look pretty cool, reckon my other half would be offended if I bought it for her as part of her Christmas present though.
                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

If the child only has symptoms of puking and vomiting there about a 1% it's something serious...
                                Even if the figure was that low (and in reality its probably more like 20%+ that it is something else that the Doc will prescribe a specific regime of rest diet medication) do you really think that a 1% chance is worth a gamble on when it comes to a child's well being?
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                  Does look pretty cool, reckon my other half would be offended if I bought it for her as part of her Christmas present though.
                                  I just need neon glow to entice me into ironing. But you would indeed get it around the head if it was a present.

Comment

it turned out to be tonsilitis, staying in bed drinking water would not have helped.

Comment

The HC is saved - ish. For another year anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Even if the figure was that low (and in reality its probably more like 20%+ that it is something else that the Doc will prescribe a specific regime of rest diet medication) do you really think that a 1% chance is worth a gamble on when it comes to a child's well being?

People take gambles with their kid's lives every day, they certainly do things that increase the chances of harm to a baby by 1%. Everyone is different though, personally I'd be happy to take that chance but I'd know more than sharpnel probably so I'd have more confidence in taking that tiny gamble. I'm certainly not going to fault him or anyone who does take him to the GP though.

it turned out to be tonsilitis, staying in bed drinking water would not have helped.

Yes it would have.

Comment

Yes it would have.
                                          oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                            SPOILER

What about a rapist aftertimer?
                                            Am going to before time tomorrow, throwing the €300 on some Europa treble for the lols as I'm crazy yo!
                                            After time?
                                            Will skipped town, not a word from them either, handy grand they made.
                                            Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                            Its rampant everywhere at the min, Prob becuase the weather is so mild.
                                            I'll bite, wut?
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                              SPOILER

What about a rapist aftertimer?
                                              Am going to before time tomorrow, throwing the €300 on some Europa treble for the lols as I'm crazy yo!
                                              Dont take him to the Doc, deffo only a 24 hour bug. Doc will tell you keep him full of fluids. go to the shop for 7up.

Its rampant everywhere at the min, Prob becuase the weather is so mild.
                                              I'll bite, wut?
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

oh dear.

I was just going to let this go, but ugh. It's very important to drink water(or fluid) if you have tonsillitis. Just in case anyone reading it makes the mistake not too.

Comment

Prob just tonsillitis. Whatever you do dont go to a doctor.

Actually appalled at the arrogance and certainty of the diagnosis' and medical advice offered by some here today.
                                                  Last edited by Downtown; 28-11-13, 19:09.

Comment

Lol at people taking Teddie remotely seriously.

Comment

I was just going to let this go, but ugh. It's very important to drink water(or fluid) if you have tonsillitis. Just in case anyone reading it makes the mistake not too.
                                                      I have suffered for many years with tonsillitis and used to always get antibiotics. There were times when I could hardly swallow as they were so enlarged.

In recent times I have just drank fluid, took pain relief and it goes away on it's own. I think with adults we can cope with having no antibiotics but for kids you have to be a little more careful as they can run very high temps and this is more dangerous for them.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                        Lol at people taking Teddie remotely seriously.
                                                        Indeed. I seem to remember him making some very seedy and innapropriate
                                                        comment to another poster about what their teenage kids might be up to on a night out. At best he's totally tactless

Comment

Ditch the hermees and pick up the burberrys with matching 300e scarf and 1000e bag. Can you really buy from people with a weird bird campaign? http://usa.hermes.com/man/accessories/gloves.html
                                                          It's a dark and terrifying door you have opened. I'm not sure what such a scary door would look like.

Comment

Ron Burgundy has a message for the Late Late Toy Show. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is in Irish cinemas December 18. http://www.anchormanmovie.ie
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

People take gambles with their kid's lives every day, they certainly do things that increase the chances of harm to a baby by 1%. Everyone is different though, personally I'd be happy to take that chance but I'd know more than sharpnel probably so I'd have more confidence in taking that tiny gamble. I'm certainly not going to fault him or anyone who does take him to the GP though.

Yes it would have.
                                                              What it comes down to is knowing your kids. most of the time, you wouldn't bother going to the GP, sometimes you do for a variety of factors. There was something to his symptoms which tipped the scale towards GP.

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                              Prob just tonsillitis. Whatever you go don't go to a doctor.

Actually appalled at the arrogance and certainty of the diagnosis' and medical advice offered by some here today.
                                                              the tonsilitis verdict came from the GP. No one made any diagnosis other than "don't bother with the GP" type comments

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                              I have suffered for many years with tonsillitis and used to always get antibiotics. There were times when I could hardly swallow as they were so enlarged.

In recent times I have just drank fluid, took pain relief and it goes away on it's own. I think with adults we can cope with having no antibiotics but for kids you have to be a little more careful as they can run very high temps and this is more dangerous for them.
                                                              This is exactly it. easier for small kids to get rid of it with antibiotics, as it can be very sore. for teenagers and upwards, painkillers and soup, and the odd salt water gargle.

Comment

But then you can go out in the evening while they are off dishing out handjobs/fingerings in Wesley.
                                                                I think this was probably the post that turned me to the 'Teddie is a complete cunt' camp.

If anyone was wondering.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Antiobiotics won't help with pain and with tonsillitis they usually don't help cure it either. To actually know if antibiotics will work you'd need to do tests. Most of the time you just have to give it time and it will be fine or else get more tests to know if you need antibiotics(GP's will never do this though).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      I think this was probably the post that turned me to the 'Teddie is a complete cunt' camp.

If anyone was wondering.

If that did piss you off and genuinely made you angry then I do apologise. Conscipious is right, it was a tactless/poor joke post and I did not intend any malice.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                        What it comes down to is knowing your kids. most of the time, you wouldn't bother going to the GP, sometimes you do for a variety of factors. There was something to his symptoms which tipped the scale towards GP.

That's completely understand. I certainly wouldn't criticise for going to the GP.

Comment

Generation War (Unsere Mütter, Unsere Väter) is fucking class. Watch it

Comment

OK, BBV types, IPB drinks confirmed for Cassidy's downstairs, starting at 5pm.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                              Generation War (Unsere Mütter, Unsere Väter) is fucking class. Watch it
                                                                              Yeah? Splendid. Shall attend to that, was hoping it were good.

I reckon Downtown was trying the risky combine two discussions gambit gag with an aftertiming tonsillitis diagnosis.

Certainly not the percentage play, and one I have often come a cropper with on here, but always worth the try imo.

Re: the Hermes ad - dear God almighty, charging over €700 for the gloves and this is what their efforts on their page look like (has to be seen to be believed): http://usa.hermes.com/man/accessories/gloves.html
                                                                              Last edited by hotspur; 28-11-13, 19:03.

Comment

This is class:

Sign up for Brushy's newsletter to instantly receive his song "RisingUp": https://www.brushyonestring.com/subscribeThis is the original, uncut, never seen be...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

the tonsilitis verdict came from the GP. No one made any diagnosis other than "don't bother with the GP" type comments

This is exactly it. easier for small kids to get rid of it with antibiotics, as it can be very sore. for teenagers and upwards, painkillers and soup, and the odd salt water gargle.
                                                                                  Not true, there was a diagnosis made with certainty earlier.

Comment

Talking of tonsillitis, only one thing for it!

SPOILER
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Got my UPC horizon up and running. TV is fine, a good upgrade.

However.... The stock wifi capability of the horizon box is limited to 75Mb/s while the ethernet obviously runs full whack at 120Mb/s for my package. I can live with 45Mb/s difference but its a pain in hole that I didn't know in advance.

Now I have to set aside more cash to buy a new router on top of the powerline adapter kit for my PC upstairs. FFS I wouldn't mind if they had told me in advance but I can't see it clearly advertised on the website.

Grr, bunch of cunts. Pay €45 for the horizon box which I install myself and now have to pay another €40-€50 on top for a decent router to make sure my wifi coverage and speed is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                        Got my UPC horizon up and running. TV is fine, a good upgrade.

However.... The stock wifi capability of the horizon box is limited to 75Mb/s while the ethernet obviously runs full whack at 120Mb/s for my package. I can live with 45Mb/s difference but its a pain in hole that I didn't know in advance.

Now I have to set aside more cash to buy a new router on top of the powerline adapter kit for my PC upstairs. FFS I wouldn't mind if they had told me in advance but I can't see it clearly advertised on the website.

Grr, bunch of cunts. Pay €45 for the horizon box which I install myself and now have to pay another €40-€50 on top for a decent router to make sure my wifi coverage and speed is fine.
                                                                                        Sky ftw
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Sky ftw
                                                                                          They could only guarantee 20mb in my area, so no thanks.

Comment

If none of them prescribed things work, then give this a try. rumoured to cure lepracy amongst other things.

More cures than doxycycline

GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                              They could only guarantee 20mb in my area, so no thanks.
                                                                                              20 mb is all you need! does what you want it to do!

I am getting 20 here and DL all the time. perfect.
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Colm was trying the hula yoke to get RTE player. no joy its blocked and no way around it according to the facebook Irish in Canada page.

He is dying to see the Doctor Who episode and was trying to get BBC player but he said it redirects him to another site asking him to download something. he hasnt a clue he said. So asked me to ask ye here ( " thought your poker buddies knew everything , ask them" lol)

Can anyone link me to something to help the poor fucker out please?
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Expat Shield will almost certainly work
                                                                                                    is that free and easy to set up?

This is like talking to an 80 yr old woman about technology. He is very bad.
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Sky ftw
                                                                                                      same happened me. Sent out the new router , did a speed test and was lucky if I got 12mb. I had the old router still here too so I rang them and told them I was not happy so they put me back to the 20mb that I was on and gave me a special price.
                                                                                                      I had an engineer out lately and he said there is a problem with the line coming into the house. I am actually waiting on Eircom to get the fibre done and I will prob go with them.

Ahem

Comment

20 mb is all you need! does what you want it to do!

I am getting 20 here and DL all the time. perfect.
                                                                                                        I can only hope, after the successful year you.have had, you can put together a better sales pitch than that!
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                                          Ahem
                                                                                                          even better, lol I am DLing all the time and honestly its grand.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          I can only hope, after the successful year you.have had, you can put together a better sales pitch than that!
                                                                                                          If I knocked on his door I would convert him
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Blue Bloods is a fine tv series. It teaches us morals in a more subtle way than Little house on the prairie and Highway to heaven.

Comment

Colm was trying the hula yoke to get RTE player. no joy its blocked and no way around it according to the facebook Irish in Canada page.

He is dying to see the Doctor Who episode and was trying to get BBC player but he said it redirects him to another site asking him to download something. he hasnt a clue he said. So asked me to ask ye here ( " thought your poker buddies knew everything , ask them" lol)

Can anyone link me to something to help the poor fucker out please?
                                                                                                              This website is for sale! icefilms.info is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, icefilms.info has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Antiobiotics won't help with pain and with tonsillitis they usually don't help cure it either. To actually know if antibiotics will work you'd need to do tests. Most of the time you just have to give it time and it will be fine or else get more tests to know if you need antibiotics(GP's will never do this though).
                                                                                                                I didn't say they helped with pain. In SOME cases you need the antibiotic as the tonsils are so badly infected.

I was saying for young kids it is best for them as it basically clears up far quicker than waiting for nature to take it's course.

Do you have kids?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  what does he click on??
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

5k free pints of Guinness on their app today. 3.5k left ATM for anyone in a participating boozer.

Comment

I didn't say they helped with pain. In SOME cases you need the antibiotic as the tonsils are so badly infected.

I was saying for young kids it is best for them as it basically clears up far quicker than waiting for nature to take it's course.

Do you have kids?

No, no kids.

Comment

Then you couldn't possibly understand.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 28-11-13, 21:54.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X