Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my Sky+ HD box all the C4 channels (e4 and +1 channels and all) regularly is really choppy signal wise. It's fine some days, but nigh on unwatchable other days. It is only ever those channels. I've rang sky but they essentially just shrug their shoulders. I have reset stuff, upgraded firmware, rebuilt planner, but nothing makes a difference. It is a shared dish, and even in calm weather it can be dodgy.

Anyone got any ideas at all why this might be happening? It is really irritating.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      On my Sky+ HD box all the C4 channels (e4 and +1 channels and all) regularly is really choppy signal wise. It's fine some days, but nigh on unwatchable other days. It is only ever those channels. I've rang sky but they essentially just shrug their shoulders. I have reset stuff, upgraded firmware, rebuilt planner, but nothing makes a difference. It is a shared dish, and even in calm weather it can be dodgy.

Anyone got any ideas at all why this might be happening? It is really irritating.
      its an ongoing problem , I hear it alot on the doors. doesnt seem to be an explanation for it.
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
        its an ongoing problem , I hear it alot on the doors. doesnt seem to be an explanation for it.
        Glad it's not only me at least.

Comment

its an ongoing problem.
          Haha, straight out of the bullshit playbook.

Comment

What colour is the box ?
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
              What colour is the box ?
              Mauve

Comment

that should explain it dom. Have you a phone or a router that might be on the same freqency.
                Those channels are quite low down so it could be that.
                More frequently it's the LNB, or at least that's my experience (folks had the same issue)
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  Incredible.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I've had exactly the same problem for best part of a year. Opened multiple support calls with sky and got a similarly disinterested response from them (after going through the rigmarole you outlined). Ended up changing provider. Hope you get a better outcome but I wouldn't be hugely optimistic

Comment

Same happened me. Fiddle with the connectors at the back!

Edit: At least I think this is what fixed it, but DP's more technical explanation might have more weight!

Comment

Used to get tonsilitis 3 times a year, penicillin was the only thing that would clear it up, would go a week not being able to eat solid food and struggling to drink tea or eat yogurt. Mysteriously cleared up after the smoking ban came in.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                          Haha, straight out of the bullshit playbook.
                          whats your problem?

Do you think I am lying or something?!
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

whats your problem?

I'd imagine he is half rising you,but yeah that's a load of bullshit response from a provider like sky.

Your in sales nobody would be blaming it on you!
                            airport, lol

Comment

whats your problem?

no problem,

just a saying people have been using for years, used it myself a few times

i have no doubt you believe what you are saying

Comment

On the blob SatNav?

I think that's the technical bbv terminology

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                  no problem,

just a saying people have been using for years, used it myself a few times

i have no doubt you believe what you are saying
                                  my own channel 4 was the very same for years and when i called sky , they could not give me a solution. So when i am told the same on doors, thats obv going to be my answer here. its not like I made it up like.

anyway Who the fuck watches channel 4 :P
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

my own channel 4 was the very same for years and when i called sky , they could not give me a solution. So when i am told the same on doors, thats obv going to be my answer here. its not like I made it up like.

I bet she hates it when you call her Channel 4
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I thought you were saying your eldest daughter was getting tonsillitis for years, until I read the rest of the post
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Charlie Brooker reviewing Baby Mind Reader in Screenwipe S02E02
                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Now this is how you do a trailer

What if telekinesis was real? How would you react? Our hidden camera experiment captures the reactions of unsuspecting customers at a New York City coffee sh...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                            Now this is how you do a trailer

What if telekinesis was real? How would you react? Our hidden camera experiment captures the reactions of unsuspecting customers at a New York City coffee sh...

Opr
                                            September called, they want their video back...
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

On the blob SatNav?

I think that's the technical bbv terminology
                                              Aye near enough now !

How can you tell
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                I thought you were saying your eldest daughter was getting tonsillitis for years, until I read the rest of the post
                                                just spat out the wine pissing myself laughing!
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

September called, they want their video back...
                                                  1990 probably want me back

While I've always enjoyed it I've never got the the hype around Boardwalk Empire but that season finale was amazing. (Just watched the last 3 back2back)

Opr

Comment

1990 probably want me back

While I've always enjoyed it I've never got the the hype around Boardwalk Empire but that season finale was amazing. (Just watched the last 3 back2back)

Opr
                                                    Was it yourself mentioning almost human ? Watched the first 3, fluffy at best. I still havent watched the last season of Fringe...or the last season and a half of boardwalk. I really need to get my shit together, started that generation war though, very good so far.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      http://www.linowsat.co.uk/cgi-bin/ls...0282-0-x-0-0-0

that should explain it dom. Have you a phone or a router that might be on the same freqency.
                                                      Those channels are quite low down so it could be that.
                                                      More frequently it's the LNB, or at least that's my experience (folks had the same issue)
                                                      How would I find out what frequency my router or house phone is using? I've tuned in the UK versions on other channels which should work I believe from internet searches, but it doesn't help with recording obviously.

Comment

Was it yourself mentioning almost human ? Watched the first 3, fluffy at best. I still havent watched the last season of Fringe...or the last season and a half of boardwalk. I really need to get my shit together, started that generation war though, very good so far.
                                                        Nope wan't myself on Almost Human, although been meaning to give it a go. Think it was Hotspur who recommended it which I'm currently watching, The Returned is very good.

Opr

Comment

Nope wan't myself on Almost Human, although been meaning to give it a go. Think it was Hotspur who recommended it which I'm currently watching, The Returned is very good.

Opr
                                                          It was quiet bizare in places, let me know what you think of it when its finished.

Reminded me of twin peaks in the what the fuck stakes, i think i still have a who lilled laura palmer t-shirt somewhere...
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Tune channel 4 into 'other channels' tune in a few of them - incl C4HD using differnet frequencies. It may not be a perfect solution but it solves the shitty reception.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                Tune channel 4 into 'other channels' tune in a few of them - incl C4HD using differnet frequencies. It may not be a perfect solution but it solves the shitty reception.
                                                                Ya, as I said in a later post, I did this. Better than nothing I guess.

Comment

FFS my manager sent me a request on FB

May remember now to block certain posts lol
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Ya, as I said in a later post, I did this. Better than nothing I guess.
                                                                    sorry, i pre-ejaculted my post

Comment

just spat out the wine pissing myself laughing!
                                                                      Wine on a schoolnight, what are u like !!

Did you get your kitchen cabinets painted up in the end ?
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Wine on a schoolnight, what are u like !!

Did you get your kitchen cabinets painted up in the end ?
                                                                        Himself doesnt know, I said nothing lol kinda hope he wont notice when home!

awaits scrutinisation of contents of cupboards

Will be done in 2 weeks

Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

I got this one....

What kind of oil is that? Not olive I hope!
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                            I got this one....

forgot to put the ketchup in the fridge too lol

do you like my tayto press?

think Channel 4 is right " we have fuck all food"
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Himself doesnt know...
                                                                              Oh i think he is well aware you drink, on school nights...lol
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Drugs are bad mmmmm Kay

An Italian man was last night reunited with his family after over two years wandering the English countryside. Fabio Ballcereti, 21, was reported missing in July 2011. He was last seen attending a Nick Warren set at Glastonbury‘s Glade stage. It is believed that Ballcerti, an English student, living in London, was separated from his…
                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

I got this one....

Serious lack of "grow your own chicken" press !
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Missed the tayto press, if thats a coke fridge beside it I'd look into moving in.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

If someday Channel 4 has a baby, we can call her Channel 4+1
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Serious lack of "grow your own chicken" press !
                                                                                        they are in the garden obv!!!

Missed the tayto press, if thats a coke fridge beside it I'd look into moving in.

I do not allow my children coke!!!
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                          Thought it was a real story at the start ragin
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I have a guinness fridge, celtic tiger extra coldness xsaments, we went mad back then ted...my mother got it for me...
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

they are in the garden obv!!!

Sure I have a mouth like Ghandis jock strap after all the tayto I'd need a can of coke
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Im too drunk to do a...

Originally posted by Teddiebear
                                                                                                ...from glasses....or i insist they share a line with me..hoo haa (keith floyd voice )
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Just caught Bigger, Faster, Stronger. Good viewing but first thing I had to do post-viewing was check if the older brother is still alive. Turns out he passed away the year it came out. Sad really.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                    Got my UPC horizon up and running. TV is fine, a good upgrade.

However.... The stock wifi capability of the horizon box is limited to 75Mb/s while the ethernet obviously runs full whack at 120Mb/s for my package. I can live with 45Mb/s difference but its a pain in hole that I didn't know in advance.

Now I have to set aside more cash to buy a new router on top of the powerline adapter kit for my PC upstairs. FFS I wouldn't mind if they had told me in advance but I can't see it clearly advertised on the website.

Grr, bunch of cunts. Pay €45 for the horizon box which I install myself and now have to pay another €40-€50 on top for a decent router to make sure my wifi coverage and speed is fine.
                                                                                                    When I ordered the Horizon box they asked where my router was (in my room) so that I could run the hard line to my desktop, box arrived but they took my old router with no new router, rang up UPC saying I've no hard line connection that I didn't want a consolidation they basically fucked up and the guy was going on like he was doing me a favour.

Now I'm running my WiFi on 5ghz to connect my Macbook and other bits and was going to use the Horizon WiFi for all other bits and bobs but it doesn't seem to work now, haven't checked into wether they have to activate/route stuff differently because I've got two connections now.

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                    Blue Bloods is a fine tv series. It teaches us morals in a more subtle way than Little house on the prairie and Highway to heaven.
                                                                                                    The little moral fortitude they drill out in the show can be very overbearing.
                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

steelers v ravens now

some amount of Penalty flags expected!
                                                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                        Just caught Bigger, Faster, Stronger. Good viewing but first thing I had to do post-viewing was check if the older brother is still alive. Turns out he passed away the year it came out. Sad really.
                                                                                                        Yep, quite a depressing watch in many respects.
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Playing the 20k rebuy on stars and just got the biggest slow roll ever by a sick mtfkr to leave me with 13 bigs but got a double up so 22/32 now, i'm going to get that bastard and win the fkn thing, 3.5k up top

Edit: Same bastard got me with the same hand, AQ<KK after I hitting the A and he turns the K, sick as fk
                                                                                                          Last edited by TheImprover; 29-11-13, 02:09.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                            When I ordered the Horizon box they asked where my router was (in my room) so that I could run the hard line to my desktop, box arrived but they took my old router with no new router, rang up UPC saying I've no hard line connection that I didn't want a consolidation they basically fucked up and the guy was going on like he was doing me a favour.

Now I'm running my WiFi on 5ghz to connect my Macbook and other bits and was going to use the Horizon WiFi for all other bits and bobs but it doesn't seem to work now, haven't checked into wether they have to activate/route stuff differently because I've got two connections now.
                                                                                                            .
                                                                                                            I think you can change the wifi channel in setting on the box. It wasnt connecting on several devices at home, but was all resolved when i changed the channel to 5.

Anyway the horizon box is shite. It freezes all the fucking time.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              +1

Teddie has massive form of being a complete and utter cunt when it comes to trolling posts about forum member's kids. It's almost like he gets off on it. You're the shrink, what does that say about him? (My diagnosis is 'complete cunt')
                                                                                                              Teddit has apologised for the tone of previous posts, so it's only fair that I note that this post was also intemperate and I apologise for it in my turn

now let's all have some form of group hug tomorrow night
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Emmet, what's your take on the latest twist in the rugby shenanigans?

Looks like the Frogs have hung the English out to dry. Which is class, when you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  Teddit has apologised for the tone of previous posts, so it's only fair that I note that this post was also intemperate and I apologise for it in my turn

now let's all have some form of group hug tomorrow night
                                                                                                                  Going soft in the old age ?
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Going soft in the old age ?
                                                                                                                    what, like HH?

lol, no

my ambition is to have enough money that I can be a complete prick to everyone

Comment

Paging hotspur (or anyone else with a sunrise alarm clock).

About to pull the trigger on this

Note:
                                                                                                                      I don't have a DAB radio and was going to buy one anyway.
                                                                                                                      I want to try this sunrise alarm clock stuff out as I've definitely felt the gradual wakeup thing to be of benefit (using the Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock on iphone).

So whilst £100 sounds like a ridiculous amount to spend on a clock radio, I'm thinking it's going to cost me £50ish for a DAB radio in any case, and cheapest Sunrise yoke is probably £30.

Anyone got a sunrise thing and think it's any more than a gimmick?

Comment

@RD3, the French have won.

The English have come second.

The Unions have lost. We get one more year, but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          Paging hotspur (or anyone else with a sunrise alarm clock).

About to pull the trigger on this

Note:
                                                                                                                          I don't have a DAB radio and was going to buy one anyway.
                                                                                                                          I want to try this sunrise alarm clock stuff out as I've definitely felt the gradual wakeup thing to be of benefit (using the Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock on iphone).

So whilst £100 sounds like a ridiculous amount to spend on a clock radio, I'm thinking it's going to cost me £50ish for a DAB radio in any case, and cheapest Sunrise yoke is probably £30.

Anyone got a sunrise thing and think it's any more than a gimmick?
                                                                                                                          Dont do it!
                                                                                                                          I have this one

Sunrise me hole, makes no difference whatsoever, Im still like a cunt in the mornings .

It really is no different to any other clock radio.
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X