This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Felt Engadget was a more techworthy review for the discerning poster than the Guardian which could possibly have been simply impressed with the phones shinyness.
    Surprised there hasn't been much of a buzz about it at all. Though I suppose it's main feature is the budget price tag. A bit strange that the battery isn't removable too.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
      Send it over with a recent pic please
      If his mam is anything to go by send to all!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Eek, might have been drinking when said that. You wouldn't by any chance remember if I promised to do anything else as well at around that time?
        beer hall fully booked.
        Literally couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Lads, gmail wont load at all and some other sites also, same on other browsers on laptop, but all grand on tablet.

Any ideas?

Comment

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                Lads, gmail wont load at all and some other sites also, same on other browsers on laptop, but all grand on tablet.

Any ideas?
                1. Run ccleaner.

2. Open command prompt, type the following and hit enter: "ipconfig /flushdns" without the "".

3. Reset/reinstall your wifi adapter in device manager.

Comment

Having an email argument with a top guy in US Federal Reserve after mildly denigrating his economist research website on twitter. Only sent the tweet 15 mins ago. Just indirectly mentioned his website. He doesn't follow me. We've already emailed each other 5-6 times in that short time. Its a weirdly connected world.
                  This would never have happened to Roundtower2
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Having an email argument with a top guy in US Federal Reserve after mildly denigrating his economist research website on twitter. Only sent the tweet 15 mins ago. Just indirectly mentioned his website. He doesn't follow me. We've already emailed each other 5-6 times in that short time. Its a weirdly connected world.
                    Is there some special twitter for Phd's? Only tweet I see from you in the last hour is on SSRN and a link to a Lucey bit.

Comment

Avb's job in danger apparently:

André Villas-Boas is clinging to his job at Spurs after the 6-0 defeat against Manchester City caused the club's hierarchy to question his suitability

Comment

Comment

Yeah, that's the one - had mentioned another website in that tweet r-e-p-e-c (changed slightly as the man seems to have amazing google fu) which is the main place that economists place their research online

Can't link to it but its the most woeful website you could imagine in terms of usability. Guy seemed to react like had made fun of his kids for being a bit slow.

Storm=cup obv, but its just the ridic speed of transmission from initial tweet thats a sign of the brave new world we live in

Is the 'Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis' a big deal? Looks something like site from 10 years ago

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                              1. Run ccleaner.

2. Open command prompt, type the following and hit enter: "ipconfig /flushdns" without the "".

3. Reset/reinstall your wifi adapter in device manager.
                              Champion. Thank you very muchly

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                two weeks to Perpignan, am getting excite. Tickets go on sale Saturday.

Rang the Munster Supporters Club to see if they would sell tickets to non-members, have to say they were not exactly receptive to the idea. Mofos.

anyone want to lend me some Munster paraphernalia? I am obviously too mean to buy any (plus it will never be reused ). Bubbleking? Lloyd?
                                I have a Munster hat and scarf, and you don't deserve to wear either.
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                  Would highly recommend one .
                                  I think your posts over the last 12 months highlight how hard you’ve worked. So you completely deserve the reward.
                                  But you’ll need to prob drive the car for more than 2 hours before people believe your recommendation – report back in a few months, I’ll need a new card next year

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    two weeks to Perpignan, am getting excite. Tickets go on sale Saturday.

Rang the Munster Supporters Club to see if they would sell tickets to non-members, have to say they were not exactly receptive to the idea. Mofos.

anyone want to lend me some Munster paraphernalia? I am obviously too mean to buy any (plus it will never be reused ). Bubbleking? Lloyd?
                                    I have a few spare Waaaaaahterford jerseys and a Axel Foley book you can wave about

Comment

hmm why has the owner of an italian restaurant in town added me to linkedin, do I get free pizza if I play nice?

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                      Where is this out of curiousity?

Here's one I made earlier, it was on in town on stephens street tonight:
                                      face hurts from laughing today, was a goodun

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      Sure, come along to any.

My favourite is this one, happens in a boardsies house once a monthish and meetups in houses are more fun:

I have no problem hosting at my place (D8). My place could probably hold up to 10 people. Would be good banter :)

this one is in a tea shop in town on tuesdays, started going this week myself:

this one is wednesdays in mac turcaills pub near trinity, started going two weeks ago:
                                      http://www.meetup.com/The-Dublin-Ran...nts/151090162/

Comment

You'd wonder why anyone stays in those places. Like, personally could have stayed in Ennis and would presumably be going around shivving people for entertainment value. What's the mindset that makes someone not want to try out the big city?
                                        Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                                        I find hard to phrase it but usually people who havent gone to third level or from lower economic background.
                                        Never really seen anything different and are happy enough in a low paid job or on the dole.

Once they have enough for a piss up a week and the odd week in Santa Ponsa they are happy.
                                        Dont know if its a lack of ambition or just happy and an unwillingless to gamble and try and better themselves.
                                        Mates bro in law hes 26 know since he was 7 or 8 works 30 hours a week in tesco and said all his mates off to oz or canada.
                                        Asked him why he does not go can always come back if dont work out 10 12 weeks save every penny he would get there no ambition at all.

The only guys i meet at home from school either have a business local a farm or stuck with a mortgage and kids and cant leave.
                                        Free site.....I can build a house that would be mansion for the same price as some tiny little dwelling in Dublin. Im sure the view will be a lot better.

None of my 5 or so closest friends who live around are slaving 30 hours at Tesco. I honestly cant name any of a wider circle of 10-15 who are even unemployed.

The local town is relatively packed each weekend. We are 45 minutes from 4 Irish cities should we fancy a change at the weekend.

Im not against the idea of big cities and loved my time in Toronto and would go back but I will be very happy to settle at home when the time comes.
                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Remember Tim tebow, very good article on his life and career from sports illustrated here

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                            Such rubbish, and people will believe it, which is kind of annoying. Sports 'journalism' might be the second nut low after that celebrity shite.
                                            As a sports lover, it's so difficult to follow any news with so much absolute twaddle being written and spread about. People just making shit up all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                              Free site.....I can build a house that would be mansion for the same price as some tiny little dwelling in Dublin. Im sure the view will be a lot better.

None of my 5 or so closest friends who live around are slaving 30 hours at Tesco. I honestly cant name any of a wider circle of 10-15 who are even unemployed.

The local town is relatively packed each weekend. We are 45 minutes from 4 Irish cities should we fancy a change at the weekend.

Im not against the idea of big cities and loved my time in Toronto and would go back but I will be very happy to settle at home when the time comes.
                                              Of course you can build a mansion with 10 rooms down the country.
                                              Its fine if you have employment close bye.
                                              Celtic tiger era stuff huge gaff middle of nowhere and spend your life commuting to work.
                                              I have friends who live rurally and its grand but i find having to use the car to do everything.
                                              Could possibly have a rural v urban debate.
                                              Id want more thana free site personally to live n Ballinasloe.

Comment

Anyone gone dumpster diving? Sounds a LAFF.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

This little guy has got some talent for a 3 year old

Comment

Downloading a torrent and the result is a folder with a load of rar files, an mkv file and an sfv file
                                                    Is their an easy way to combine? Is just client just not finalizing the download to try get me to upgrade
                                                    Last edited by Mellor; 27-11-13, 01:27.

Comment

Keep getting this popup from my anti virus

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it keeps saying it deleted the infected file but it still keeps poppin back up every few hours

anyone got any ideas ?
                                                      “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

boardwalk empire season 3 ep 4

SPOILER
                                                        this show just gets better every episode for me, why have I waited for so long. So well written with the side piece about capone protecting the fat defenceless fella like his son.

Looks like a war starting now, Mickey Doyle can't be alive for many more episodes shirley?
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                          Pineapple and broccoli should never be in the same sentence. Can't help but resemble it to a really ignorant farmer being on holiday in an exotic country and struggling to communicate.
                                                          Whereas dismissing something without trying it is a sign of a first class mind

Comment

People problem with broccoli is that they usually boil it until its effectively squidgy tree shaped paste.

Now Cauliflower. Theres a vegetable that needs swift and uncompromising eradication.
                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                              I have a few spare Waaaaaahterford jerseys and a Axel Foley book you can wave about
                                                              I reckon a blaa, a box of Barrys Tea and the ability to sing the first two lines of The Fields will place me firmly in the top percentile of Munshther fans.

Must obviously curtail my usage of multi-syllable words.
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                Downloading a torrent and the result is a folder with a load of rar files, an mkv file and an sfv file
                                                                Is their an easy way to combine? Is just client just not finalizing the download to try get me to upgrade
                                                                I'm guessing that the mkv was automatically extracted and you can delete the rest. Some torrents are just packaged that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                  People problem with broccoli is that they usually boil it until its effectively squidgy tree shaped paste.

Now Cauliflower. Theres a vegetable that needs swift and uncompromising eradication.
                                                                  Yeah the crispier the better with broccoli

I hate cauliflower

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                                                                      Of course you can build a mansion with 10 rooms down the country.
                                                                      Its fine if you have employment close bye.
                                                                      Celtic tiger era stuff huge gaff middle of nowhere and spend your life commuting to work.
                                                                      I have friends who live rurally and its grand but i find having to use the car to do everything.
                                                                      Could possibly have a rural v urban debate.
                                                                      Id want more thana free site personally to live n Ballinasloe.
                                                                      Lets say I end up in the fund industry I am a 45 minute commute from 2 workplaces. Im pretty sure a lot of Dubs would have a commute close to that when you take walking from the Luas stop.

Use the car to do everything? I suppose but when I lived in Toronto I found doing the weekly shop torture without a car. Il agree if you want 5 quiet pints on a week
                                                                      night living in the city is a lot easier.

I don't think it is as bad as some of ye make out.
                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Lets say I end up in the fund industry I am a 45 minute commute from 2 workplaces. Im pretty sure a lot of Dubs would have a commute close to that when you take walking from the Luas stop.

Use the car to do everything? I suppose but when I lived in Toronto I found doing the weekly shop torture without a car. Il agree if you want 5 quiet pints on a week

The thought of living down the country before the age of 40 is repellent to me - I've just about (at the age of 37) come around to starting to consider that 'downsizing' to Galway city, where I did most of my growing up, could be a possibility for us in a few years. Don't see how it would be possible for me to happily live anywhere smaller than Galway; Dublin feels too 'small town' half of the time! Would definitely rather live in a two-bed apartment in a city than a mansion in the middle of the country, just wouldn't be able to cope with the lack of buzz down there.

Comment

Originally posted by shanno66 View Post
                                                                          Keep getting this popup from my anti virus

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it keeps saying it deleted the infected file but it still keeps poppin back up every few hours

anyone got any ideas ?
                                                                          make sure your AVG is up to date. download and update malwarebytes
                                                                          Reboot your machine into safe mode, then run the AVG, and malwarebytes.

should sort it out for you.
                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                            The thought of living down the country before the age of 40 is repellent to me - I've just about (at the age of 37) come around to starting to consider that 'downsizing' to Galway city, where I did most of my growing up, could be a possibility for us in a few years. Don't see how it would be possible for me to happily live anywhere smaller than Galway; Dublin feels too 'small town' half of the time! Would definitely rather live in a two-bed apartment in a city than a mansion in the middle of the country, just wouldn't be able to cope with the lack of buzz down there.
                                                                            Heroin is rampant down here in Cork now as well.

Comment

Not saying its bad as such just having a big house is not everyones idea of happieness.

I see my sisters kids and to do anything they need to be driven they have a huge gaff but its close to a treachorous road from football training to visiting friends need a lift.

As a kid in a town 7000people had access by foot or bicycle to friends football swimming etc was never hindered by isolation.
                                                                              Ill agree rural life has advantages too but any of my friends who were brought up in a town and built a mansion on the big free site with 5 6 bedrooms and only 2 kids to fill them wish the house was not so big and a bit closer to civilisation- urban area.

Comment

Raising Children in a city when it is an option not to is akin to child abuse IMO.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's not just about the amenities and commute. It's more about getting away from the grimness of small town Ireland.

Comment

...

Comment

Did anybody else get to see Glen Hansard in Vicar Street last night?

Pretty amazing gig, he got Paddy Casey and Bronagh Gallagher up for songs. The encore must have been at least 10 songs.

Comment

Got around to watching the heartbreakingly good season finale of Boardwalk Empire last night. Excellent tv altogether.

I hope the timeline jumps a few years for next season, maybe to '27 or '28.

Hopefully they keep an interest in Florida too, and introduce
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Sam Trafficante

Big historical spoilers for the late 1920's and early 1930's
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        '28 Rothstein gambling debts come to a head
                                                                                        '29 Valentines day massacre in Chicago
                                                                                        '29 is the first meeting of the Crime Syndicate in AC.
                                                                                        '30 Masaria/Marzano war
                                                                                        '31 Lucky Luciano and the commision

Oh and this...
                                                                                        SPOILER

Anyone watching Almost Human? It's like having Fringe back
                                                                                        Last edited by TomD; 27-11-13, 12:23.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                          Such rubbish, and people will believe it, which is kind of annoying. Sports 'journalism' might be the second nut low after that celebrity shite.
                                                                                          As a sports lover, it's so difficult to follow any news with so much absolute twaddle being written and spread about. People just making shit up all the time.
                                                                                          The guardian are normally fairly measured in their reporting, and I'd be surprised if there was no foundation to this.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                            I hope the timeline jumps a few years for next season, maybe to '27 or '28.

Big historical spoilers for the late 1920's and early 1930's
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            '28 Rothstein gambling debts come to a head
                                                                                            '29 Valentines day massacre in Chicago
                                                                                            '29 is the first meeting of the Crime Syndicate in AC.
                                                                                            '30 Masaria/Marzano war
                                                                                            '31 Lucky Luciano and the commision
                                                                                            Ive been looking forward to next season under the incorrect assumption that most of that stuff happened in 1925, so was hoping to see it soon.
                                                                                            They may skip a few months (6 or so), cos that's what they've done each season almost, but I dont see them skipping years. Not with the inevitable rise of capone to dramatise.

That's what I most want to see, cos in most movies capone is already a kingpin and usually close to being taken down (untouchables etc), The most interesting aspect of BWE is knowing what the characters will become and seeing how they tell the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                              Did anybody else get to see Glen Hansard in Vicar Street last night?

Pretty amazing gig, he got Paddy Casey and Bronagh Gallagher up for songs. The encore must have been at least 10 songs.
                                                                                              Gutted to have missed it with instead attending as extremely dull and uninteresting lecture. We really enjoyed his gig during the summer in the Iveagh Gardens. He certainly delivers value for money but a lot of people seem to be very negative/cynical towards him and his outlook on life. Meh you can't please everyone and you're a fool if you try.....
                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                I'm guessing that the mkv was automatically extracted and you can delete the rest. Some torrents are just packaged that way.
                                                                                                I think the mkv was a lot smaller than the video file should have been.

That's a blast from the past. Torrents used to be like that. Just extract on one rar file and I'll extract the bits it needs from the other rar files
                                                                                                I read that I could extract the first rar file and it would look after the rest.
                                                                                                But there was no extract option when I right click.
                                                                                                I only have the windows built in extractor, do I need a dedicated one like WinRAR?

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatiam View Post
                                                                                                  Ive been looking forward to next season under the incorrect assumption that most of that stuff happened in 1925, so was hoping to see it soon.
                                                                                                  They may skip a few months (6 or so), cos that's what they've done each season almost, but I dont see them skipping years. Not with the inevitable rise of capone to dramatise.

That's what I most want to see, cos in most movies capone is already a kingpin and usually close to being taken down (untouchables etc), The most interesting aspect of BWE is knowing what the characters will become and seeing how they tell the story.
                                                                                                  Actually, that's a good shout. It would be good to see how Eli and Van Alden are involved too.

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Interestingly, AC is probably the most peaceful place now. There are wars in Chicago, NY and Florida.
                                                                                                  Last edited by TomD; 27-11-13, 13:29.

Comment

spoilers spoilers spoilers
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Raising Children in a city when it is an option not to is akin to child abuse IMO.
                                                                                                      Are you going to the IPB Beers thing this Saturday?
                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                        spoilers spoilers spoilers
                                                                                                        I changed what i think may be the spoiler you're talking about

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                          I changed what i think may be the spoiler you're talking about
                                                                                                          I'm only just starting Season 2 so I'm skipping past the posts but you've almost read it before you realise it when there are no spoilers in it. Wasn't directed at you in particular, just in general.
                                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                            I'm only just starting Season 2 so I'm skipping past the posts but you've almost read it before you realise it when there are no spoilers in it. Wasn't directed at you in particular, just in general.
                                                                                                            No bother. Kind of wish i had three seasons of it to watch fresh. Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                              Are you going to the IPB Beers thing this Saturday?
                                                                                                              unlikely that I'll be around for anything more than a fleeting visit.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                lashings and lashings of ginger beer!?

Comment

myself and Pillowtalk (eoin olin) are running a quiz night on thur 12th. In Macneills - capel street

Limited to 20 tables. 50e a table of 4. In aid of the homeless (prob peter mc verry charity)

Raffle prizes promise to be massively +ev - Let us know if you think you can make it - would love a bit of support from here

Also, anyone got any raffle prizes floating around or your company may want to donate let us know.

"Top prize, fully paid night on the rip with Hitch, Zod and Rigger"
                                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Just noticed Earl Strickland is back in the USA Mosconi Cup team for next weeks renewal

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                      I think the mkv was a lot smaller than the video file should have been.

I read that I could extract the first rar file and it would look after the rest.
                                                                                                                      But there was no extract option when I right click.
                                                                                                                      I only have the windows built in extractor, do I need a dedicated one like WinRAR?
                                                                                                                      Yeah just get winrar, I dont think the default windows yoke works with winrar but dont have windows to check.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                                                                                                        The guardian are normally fairly measured in their reporting, and I'd be surprised if there was no foundation to this.
                                                                                                                        guardian is a rag that lives for hits and trades on its former glories.

all you have to do is look at the comment is free section to see how much of a rag it is, the daily mail for the spoon fed liberal

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Just noticed Earl Strickland is back in the USA Mosconi Cup team for next weeks renewal
                                                                                                                          Documentary on Sky Sports 4 tonight: The Strickland Story

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X