This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    New tl;dr: 4,000 year old man was a fat fcker, but 2 million year old man was a dietary genius.
    Come at me bro.

Statistics and Nutrition.

My boys, my yard, my rules.

Comment

So THAT'S what they were saying...Like on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/badlipreading Follow on Twitter! http://twitter.com/badlipreading

Good laugh.
      Last edited by Percy007; 25-04-13, 22:39.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Short and snappy is usually correct.
            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I'm hoping that's a quote!

Comment

Comment

Having only read (first two lines of) Hitchhikers initial post, and skipped the debate because I doubt there was any coherent argument against it, I think we can safely declare

Comment

We don't knead more bread.
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

cant bate batch bread, weighs a fucking tonne
                      Butter it while hot, let butter melt , slap another coat on. mmmmmmmm

Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

must learn not to bite, even in the face of terrible science!

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                          We don't knead more bread.
                          They won't stop talking about it dough.

Comment

First bread is in again, now puns. Is this a dream? A beautiful beautiful dream?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                              Come at me bro.

Statistics and Nutrition.

My boys, my yard, my rules.
                              I'm hoping that's a quote!
                              Hit him with a load of these...

Comment

must learn not to bite, even in the face of terrible science!
                                Recant, sinner, for you worship a false idol.

Comment

Comment

Is the whited part of one of my original posts of any help?
                                    nope. Posting bad science hurts us all.

Unless you PM'd someone first and said it was a troll job.

Did you?

Comment

ffs, checking out some of the T&C's of the phone insurance companies to see if any of the policies are worth taking out.

This is specific!

WHAT WE WILL NOT COVER (EXCLUSIONS)
                                      Your gadget is not covered for:

20. War, terrorism or radiation risks or any claim related to damage caused by a sonic boom.

Comment

nope. Posting bad science hurts us all.

Unless you PM'd someone first and said it was a troll job.

Did you?
                                        Look here, 'The Lancet' says bread is good. The thread title says bread is good. A lecturer of some sort says bread is good.

Now will you please stop this nonsense? It's not funny.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Blaa Blaa Blaa View Post
                                              Eh this wasn't bad science, and the general idea is correct anyway. I've only let you away with this because i've become incapacitated drunk.

Kev, change my name to something appropriately motivating and we'll see off this wretch when i arise in the afternoon.
                                              Kev is bound to be in bed so I've obliged with something he may have come up with. New custom title as well.

I'm kinda offline after about 4pm tomorrow for a day or so, so get Kev to change it back.

Comment

Comment

This is the bestest day ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                    Oh.My.God.

I am probably the biggest FF dork of all time. Its my nerd weakness.
                                                    ePSXe is the fucking mutts nuts
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Men that ate oranges 78000 years ago were immune from disease, but only if they ate them in even numbers.

viva la bread

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Just back from seeing it, although I enjoyed certainly didn't love it & nowhere near as good as the two previously imo, felt kinda let down. One of my mates is a huge Iron Man fan and he hated it.
                                                        Iron Man 3 Spoiler
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        Enjoyable enough stuff but ruining the Mandarin for a plot twist is nigh on unforgivable.
                                                        And that kid......jesus wept
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Playing a poker tournie in TCD Science Gallery next Thursday as part of their Risk Lab event for an RTE radio show. Its an economist, a developer, an entrepreneur, and a psychologist playing. We're going to be hooked up to lie detector sensors that will then show on a big screen outside when we are bluffing etc. The idea is who is best at managing and controlling risk.

Not 100% sure how to approach it. Thinking maybe no coffee during the day. Play calming music beforehand to quieten emotions in general.

Really want to come across as having psychopathic levels of indifference to lying as think it might give me streetcred.

Would there be something else I could do? Guessing there's tonnes of 'beat the lie detector' strategies. Although just basing that on US crime tv shows.

Are you hooked up to an actual lie detector that will give real time true/false answers? Does that even exist, or is it a figment of hollywood?
                                                          Or could it simply be a heart rate monitor and some a massive assumptions.

Comment

Comment

So who is livestreaming this for the thread?

Comment

Playing a poker tournie in TCD Science Gallery next Thursday as part of their Risk Lab event for an RTE radio show. Its an economist, a developer, an entrepreneur, and a psychologist playing. We're going to be hooked up to lie detector sensors that will then show on a big screen outside when we are bluffing etc. The idea is who is best at managing and controlling risk.

Not 100% sure how to approach it. Thinking maybe no coffee during the day. Play calming music beforehand to quieten emotions in general.

Really want to come across as having psychopathic levels of indifference to lying as think it might give me streetcred.

Would there be something else I could do? Guessing there's tonnes of 'beat the lie detector' strategies. Although just basing that on US crime tv shows.
                                                                I can attend this for a reasonable fee.

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                  Oh CHD,

Just read your many PM's now as I was sleeping.

Better starch that white collar because I'm gonna box the shit out of it.
                                                                  Do you hear me CHD?
                                                                  I'll put manners on you.
                                                                  I'll put manners on your children.
                                                                  It's on like Donkey Kong CHD.
                                                                  I'm gonna take you down to China town etc..
                                                                  When and where?

Follow through my man. Someone can save you when it's done this way.

Let's do it!

Comment

Who is Blaa Blaa Blaa? Tilting as fuck when there a handle name change?
                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                      Who is Blaa Blaa Blaa? Tilting as fuck when there a handle name change?
                                                                      Hitchikers guide to good blaa and bad science

Comment

Just back from lighthouse cinema seeing The Place Beyond the Pines (PBTP). Man I love that cinema, in particular the way you can buy beer and and drink during the movie... O'Hara

PBTP spoiler

SPOILER
                                                                        Strangely I was very disappointed that the biker kid didn't kill either the cop or his son at the end. Was fully expecting him to...
                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                          Hitchikers guide to good blaa and bad science
                                                                          Ah should have guessed that, thought it was KevIre for some bizarre reason

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                            Ah should have guessed that, thought it was KevIre for some bizarre reason
                                                                            I know it's confusing with so many posters having an avatar of the flying spaghetti monster.

Comment

Hitchhikers Guide to the Blaalaxy.

Comment

The psychologist said it gives real time readings and is a proper criminal lie detector. Its hooked to your fingers so reads heart rate and perspiration level. There's going to be an audience watching the screen at the same time so guessing it works. Kinda excited.
                                                                                Try to get excited over the nuts. HR rockets, palms sweat. Screen says lie, but Hitch flips the nuts. We know its just a HR error, but audience thinks you are crushing the machine.

Trip report please anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                  Iron Man 3 Spoiler
                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                  Enjoyable enough stuff but ruining the Mandarin for a plot twist is nigh on unforgivable.
                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                  Gwyneth Paltrow fuck right off!
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                    Just got Final Fantasy VII to run on my nexus 7
                                                                                    Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                    Oh.My.God.

I am probably the biggest FF dork of all time. Its my nerd weakness.
                                                                                    I started playing this again on the PC - was gonna upload it to the aul channel but Im not to sure how many people would be interested in hearing me spoof on about the best character development and story line of all time Im too much of a fan boy to make it work

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah of course.
                                                                                        Something involving magnets I think.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Just back from seeing it, although I enjoyed certainly didn't love it & nowhere near as good as the two previously imo, felt kinda let down. One of my mates is a huge Iron Man fan and he hated it.
                                                                                          Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          Iron Man 3 Spoiler
                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                          I had no expectations after being excited by the second which I thought was a pile of shit so probably why I enjoyed it.

Although the 3D was pointless yet again.
                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

So I've just gone on reddit for pretty much the first time. Always knew of it but never really checked it out...I can't help but feel a little late to the party but is there any forums people particularly recommend or do most people just check out the latest hot threads every day? I'm not entirely sure how to best optimise my time with it yet...Also baconreader pretty much the nut way to use it on the phone, yes?
                                                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                              So I've just gone on reddit for pretty much the first time. Always knew of it but never really checked it out...I can't help but feel a little late to the party but is there any forums people particularly recommend or do most people just check out the latest hot threads every day? I'm not entirely sure how to best optimise my time with it yet...Also baconreader pretty much the nut way to use it on the phone, yes?
                                                                                              Asking about reddit is like asking how to enjoy Europe. It depends on what you are interested in.

Reddit Enhancement Suite is a must (no idea if it works on a phone)

I add in a few forums that I'm interested in and let them populate my main page, which I glance at in the evenings. I only ever open reddit when I've finished doing anything productive for the day. You could spend the rest of eternity there, it's never ending.

If you are just browsing around new sub reddits, make sure you check out the top threads of all time, since there are usually some classic ones. Some of the humourous sub reddits are great.

Comment

I find Liverpools response to the bite incident pretty hard to swallow (lol) - you would think that they had learnt their lesson over the previous incident. Rogers statements today are as laughably irrational as Dalglishs stupid t-shirts.

It doesn't take a genius to work out that the act of biting someone, is more serious than a bad tackle. The FA are steadily changing the rules so that attacking players are protected more and more, but at heart its hard to completely rule out bad or dangerous tackles. Most bad tackles are reckless rather than malicious. Biting someone is a malicious act, that is morally foreign on the football field. There is absolutely no reason in the world why a child watching a football game should have to see one player bite another.

Complaining that the FA gave Suarez a ten game ban is completely ridiculous. The responsibility here lies with the player, not the FA. There can't be rules made for all the possible outbreaks of violent conduct on the pitch; if you don't want to give the FA a chance to ban you for x amount of games, then don't put yourself in that situation. The fact that this is at least the second time he has done this makes it all the more galling.

Comment

Comment

What exactly is Reddit. How is it different from any other set of message boards?

Comment

Is he meant to be the sociopath of the group?

Comment

What an absolutely beautiful morning, would put a smile on your face
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                          What an absolutely beautiful morning, would put a smile on your face
                                                                                                          Forecast is shite

In other news, if you place any stock in the financials, the iPhone vs S2\3\4 contest is over. Record profits for Samsung, Apple sliding off the chart.
                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wonder if Raoul is now feeling bad at how easily he caved?
                                                                                                            Wut
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              Forecast is shite

In other news, if you place any stock in the financials, the iPhone vs S2\3\4 contest is over. Record profits for Samsung, Apple sliding off the chart.
                                                                                                              you need to relocate to lovely Laois!
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Wonderful day in Punchestown yesterday but Jesus this is in the top 5 hangovers I've ever had, supposed to be going again today, need to sort this fucker out.
                                                                                                                Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                                                                                  Wonderful day in Punchestown yesterday but Jesus this is in the top 5 hangovers I've ever had, supposed to be going again today, need to sort this fucker out.
                                                                                                                  If your up at this hour, your most certainly doing it wrong.

Unless your still up
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

You can't even grade a hangover till about 3.00pm

Comment

I am going tomorrow, cant wait.
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                        You can't even grade a hangover till about 3.00pm
                                                                                                                        Got to bed at 2am woke at 8.30 in the absolute horrors and cant go back to sleep, time for a jumbo breakfast roll methinks.
                                                                                                                        Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Got to bed at 2am woke at 8.30 in the absolute horrors and cant go back to sleep, time for a jumbo breakfast roll methinks.
                                                                                                                          stick this on high volume will sort the hangover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvo99q4S3Xo
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X