Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That little speech the mean cleaver guy made to the camera really put me in the mood to listen to a bit of Scroobious Pip.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      pretty sure they are on sale, a friend has a ticket for me already

about time you got up to the big schmoke for a game!
      Just seen they are indeed. May as well get em now. Will I pick one up for you?

Comment

Speaking of simpsons trivia, at a table quiz I once argued with a quizmaster who insisted that Monty was Mr. Burns first name (it's not, it's Charles)
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Just seen they are indeed. May as well get em now. Will I pick one up for you?
          I have one you skim-reading twit!
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I have one you skim-reading twit!
            lol, oh right. What section are you in do you know, can you find pls.

Comment

lol, oh right. What section are you in do you know, can you find pls.
              no idea, yer man has the tickets. It's Malahide isn't it? don't we all just sit on the grassy bank, drink beer and roar while KOB knocks them out of the park?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                I don't know if i liked it or not.

Yea, it's one of those films. When you haven't seen the book or other film it's very difficult to rate it for people who have seen the book. I thought the story was very rushed though. Not sure if these are really spoilers but...

SPOILER
                Seemed to just force trying to explain that Gatsby was into some dodgy stuff during the film because it obviously was important to know when the film ended. The hush hush phonecalls, the one off meeting with the Meyer Wolfsheim etc. All of seemed really out of place and forced due to the nature of the rest of the film I thought.

Comment

no idea, yer man has the tickets. It's Malahide isn't it? don't we all just sit on the grassy bank, drink beer and roar while KOB knocks them out of the park?
                  They have stands set up

Comment

They have stands set up

ah OK, I will check. It's basically a bowl with the pitch down below the surounding bank. You don't tend to spend much time in your seat at these things anyway.

Comment

ah OK, I will check. It's basically a bowl with the pitch down below the surounding bank. You don't tend to spend much time in your seat at these things anyway.
                      Indeed, but sure no harm to check. May as well get the ticket soon and be committed to going cause I'm a great one for finding reasons not to closer to the time if I dont have a ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                        Speaking of simpsons trivia, at a table quiz I once argued with a quizmaster who insisted that Monty was Mr. Burns first name (it's not, it's Charles)
                        Yeah, C. Montgomery Burns innit.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                          ah he is only a young fella checked him out on FB.
                          21st century Ma.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                            Yea, it's one of those films. When you haven't seen the book or other film it's very difficult to rate it for people who have seen the book. I thought the story was very rushed though. Not sure if these are really spoilers but...

SPOILER
                            Seemed to just force trying to explain that Gatsby was into some dodgy stuff during the film because it obviously was important to know when the film ended. The hush hush phonecalls, the one off meeting with the Meyer Wolfsheim etc. All of seemed really out of place and forced due to the nature of the rest of the film I thought.
                            I completely played it on the blind. Never read the book and the only other mention of Gatsby (bar knowing that it has been in leaving cert) i've heard was in Entourage.

Think i just enjoyed the show and let the film pass me by. One thing i can't understand though. Why the hype about the story? There doesn't seem to be a great one to tell. Or did Baz just butcher it?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              W

Why might, in part, a dog, a Channel port, an early English translation of the Bible, the first Director of the FBI, the Book of Common Prayer's enthusiast for divine concord, and the ruling monarch, get you a maximum technically possible score of 216?
                              Bump for RDIII this one should suit you
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Your simpsons trivia, test me.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                  I completely played it on the blind. Never read the book and the only other mention of Gatsby (bar knowing that it has been in leaving cert) i've heard was in Entourage.

Think i just enjoyed the show and let the film pass me by. One thing i can't understand though. Why the hype about the story? There doesn't seem to be a great one to tell. Or did Baz just butcher it?

Considering it's very rare to get a movie to be even close to the book I can only assume it's been butchered. I can see their being a good story their if they expanded on the Gatsby character and really went into what he was like along with the others. In the film you only get a very very basic idea. Still not sure why the book would get such hype though, seems like a fairly common story. Half tempted to read it just to see what the difference is but the film has put me off it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                    . Still not sure why the book would get such hype though, seems like a fairly common story.
                                    Because of the great writing, same would apply to many of the greatest works of literature in that they all tell the same old stories that have existed since time immemorial but to misquote Frank Carson, its the way they tell em!

The Great Gatsby was a book I admired more than loved, don't really have any desire to see the film but I think I will probably be brought

Comment

Have committed to reading it before seeing it.

Film versions of books that have made me want to read the books amount to;

No films.

Books that have made me want to see the film amount to;

Plenty

----

Ergo, read before viewing.

Comment

What's the name of the real estate company Marge worked for?

Comment

Bump for RDIII this one should suit you
                                          I don't understand how the scoring works or anything

put it together for me. I have Hoover, King James, Lizzie and er, Dover perhaps

does it all form a phrase or is the clue in the question?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            What's the name of the real estate company Marge worked for?
                                            Red Jacket Realtors

edit: also working there as recurring characters: Gil and Cookie Kwan (number one on the west side)

Comment

Glad I watched Gatsby, I finally know what people pair spectator shoes with.

Comment

getting a job is an annoying process. Go for interview, get feedback - 'they liked you, want you in for second interview asap with a view to immediate start'

2 days later; 'eh, they have withdrawn the role and are now recruiting internally'

idiots

Comment

Red Jacket Realtors
                                                  Name a duffman actor.

Comment

Give me 10 regular (have appeared in a few episodes, not one-hits) characters whose name we don't know.

Comment

all this trivia stuff, shur surely ye are just googling the answer ffs
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

We work on the honor system.

Comment

The trick is to ask questions you can't google the answer to.
                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

what is Duffman's cool 2hr task?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                              The trick is to ask questions you can't google the answer to.
                                                              What colour underpants am I wearing today

Comment

Youtube link for the cricket

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Give me 10 regular (have appeared in a few episodes, not one-hits) characters whose name we don't know.
                                                                  This is a tough one!

1. Acne Faced Teen
                                                                  2. "Yeeesssss" man
                                                                  3. the Leprechaun
                                                                  4. Generic Lawyer with the nasal voice
                                                                  5. The russian grandpa

can only think of 5 at the minute....

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                    Name a duffman actor.
                                                                    One was definitely called Barry, did he call himself Barry Duffman?

Comment

I don't understand how the scoring works or anything

put it together for me. I have Hoover, King James, Lizzie and er, Dover perhaps

does it all form a phrase or is the clue in the question?
                                                                      You are on the right track with Hoover and Dover and you wouldn't necessarily need to get all the other parts to derive the answer.

Comment

This is a tough one!

1. Acne Faced Teen
                                                                        2. "Yeeesssss" man
                                                                        3. the Leprechaun
                                                                        5. The russian grandpa

Lumpy, only in the one ep though possibly.

Do we know Bumblebee man's name?

Comment

what is Duffman's cool 2hr task?
                                                                          this one I haven't a clue.

Comment

You are on the right track with Hoover and Dover and you wouldn't necessarily need to get all the other parts to derive the answer.
                                                                            is it necessarily sequential?

like <dog> - Dover - <bible> - Hoover - <book of CP> - Queen Elizabeth

Comment

...
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This is a tough one!

1. Acne Faced Teen
                                                                                2. "Yeeesssss" man
                                                                                3. the Leprechaun
                                                                                5. The russian grandpa

I can't guarantee theres actually 10 by the way, though I think I have a few that you don't. Though obviously they could have been given a random name sometime in Season 21 when no-one was watching.
                                                                                One I think you've missed it
                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                Crazy Cat Lady

Comment

Youtube link for the cricket

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsRRHwOHuK4
                                                                                  it's cold and overcast here (down the road from the ground), wouldn't be rushing out to it

Comment

this one I haven't a clue.
                                                                                    Rocket packing around Duff Stadium promoting wonderful Duff

SPOILER

Comment

Acne faced teen has a name.

Comment

I can't guarantee theres actually 10 by the way, though I think I have a few that you don't. Though obviously they could have been given a random name sometime in Season 21 when no-one was watching.
                                                                                        One I think you've missed it
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Crazy Cat Lady
                                                                                        Ya, a quick google gives her name as

SPOILER
                                                                                        Eleanor_Abernathy

Comment

Rocket packing around Duff Stadium promoting wonderful Duff

SPOILER
                                                                                          Is this a Simpson's Tap Out question?

Comment

What colour underpants am I wearing today
                                                                                            I know what color they were when you bought them. They've taken on a more earthy color since then if you follow me...
                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Ya, a quick google gives her name as

SPOILER
                                                                                              Eleanor_Abernathy
                                                                                              She was a Lawyer whose fiance jilted her at the altar (I think) and to get over the heartbreak got a cat.

then many cats.

Comment

it's cold and overcast here (down the road from the ground), wouldn't be rushing out to it
                                                                                                You're not doing much to show your love for the sport here.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                  (a) the game hasn't started, (b) it's cold and likely wet and (c), it's unlikely to be a decent game

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                    fair-weather supporter.

Comment

(a) the game hasn't started, (b) it's cold and likely wet and (c), it's unlikely to be a decent game
                                                                                                      That's definitely not helping your cause

Comment

Simpsons Question

SPOILER
                                                                                                        The two boys that drink with Homer and Barney in Moes

Comment

I'm going to see Great Gatsby this weekend. Loved the book, already know I'm going to despise the film, knew it was ruined as soon as I heard fucking Luhrman was directing. But I'm still going to go anyway just to annoy myself.
                                                                                                          What the fuck is wrong with me? Why do I do it to myself. Its the same with the Sunday independent. I buy it every sunday, even though I regularly have murderous urges while reading it. Barry Fucking Egan(makes me ashamed to be a redhead),Eoghan harris (shudder), Gerald Kean, that Crazy eyed beauty columnist in the magazine who is pregnant and is going to call her son Trilliam (someone call social services).......
                                                                                                          Every Sunday I am left with an intense loathing and dimmer opinion of mankind after reading it and yet I go out and buy it again the next week, Why?

Comment

Hmmmm, probably shouldn't be setting trivia questions without checking if I know the answer first.
                                                                                                            FWIW when I thought I had 10 I was including Rich Texan, Cat Lady and Comic Book Guy in my 10 but they seem to have been given names.

You got the other 5 I had plus Kev with BumblebeeMan, and Very Tall Man with Tiny Car was the other.

Comment

Comic book guy?

This guy..

SPOILER

Comment

Hmmmm, probably shouldn't be setting trivia questions without checking if I know the answer first.
                                                                                                                FWIW when I thought I had 10 I was including Rich Texan, Cat Lady and Comic Book Guy in my 10 but they seem to have been given names.

You got the other 5 I had plus Kev with BumblebeeMan, and Very Tall Man with Tiny Car was the other.
                                                                                                                I don't remember him being in it more than once...

Comment

Khlav Kalash man was in two episodes at least.

Comment

is it necessarily sequential?

like <dog> - Dover - <bible> - Hoover - <book of CP> - Queen Elizabeth
                                                                                                                    Not sequential and not QE2 or any specific monarch.. try a different word there
                                                                                                                    but you do have two of the 6

Comment

Maggies emeny, the baby with the una-brow.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                        ...Sunday independent. I buy it every sunday, ...
                                                                                                                        I have to pick it up for my father occasionally I make a point of asking them to put it into a bag so that I woun't be seen in public with it

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                          Comic book guy?

This guy..

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          fairly sure Comic Book guy was either named in the Edna Krabapple marriage episode or the Agnes Skinner one.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X