This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
    I worked with a Social Welfare Inspector who was a qualified barrister... she dropped out of her course to take the job, and finished off the course at night and juggled the day job along with court work for years - taking unpaid/annual leave for court and a lot of it was pro-bono. I heard recently that she is now working full time as barrister; but it took her years to get established before she could afford to ditch the civil service job.

My friend shared a flat with a trainee barrister years ago; the girl could barely her rent or her bills some months and often had to take up cleaning jobs in order to eat! She ended up one of the drop outs... Got married and gave it all up to be a stay at home mum.

Anyone who goes down this route have to be truly devoted to the job - it's not a career to make money, its a vocation... Only the lucky, select few will come out on top, possibly getting elected to be a judge - really hope you are one of them Kayroo!
    I have family members and friends that work in the legal profession so I know it's not all gravy and you have to work extremely hard to be successful. However your comment that I bolded is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard and made me laugh very hard.Furthermore if you had a breeze what you were talking about you would know that top barristers earn far more than judges, so many wouldn't consider being appointed to that post as coming out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
      I have family members and friends that work in the legal profession so I know it's not all gravy and you have to work extremely hard to be successful. However your comment that I bolded is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard and made me laugh very hard.Furthermore if you had a breeze what you were talking about you would know that top barristers earn far more than judges, so many wouldn't consider being appointed to that post as coming out on top.
      You must piss yourself when things are actually funny then. Do ya?

Comment

Anti-virus software, free one or worth paying for one?

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
          100% free one. Microsoft Security Essentials seems to be one of choice these days.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
            I've used Avira (free) for years and find it great.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
              http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

I know Arsenal are shit, but spare a thought for Caerphilly Castle Ladies FC in the Welsh League. This would still be embarrassing it they were rugby scores, nevermind football! Things can only get better for the rest of the season, well maybe...

0-5 v Northop Hall
                0-18 v Port Talbot Town
                0-10 v Wrexham
                0-18 v Cardiff Metro University
                0-26 v Llandudno Junction
                0-36 v Newcastle Emlyn
                0-21 v Port Talbot Town
                1-14 v Caernarfon Town
                0-28 v Aberystwyth Town
                0-43 v Cardiff Metro University

Comment

Any news of Mr Maxwell and how he got on???
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Some say owners look like their dogs!

Samuel L Jackson

SPOILER
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

I fucking love cheltenham!!
                      some dose im in new zealand and its on in the middle of the night
                      https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                        Who sits at a match???
                        I do. In fairness i do jump up alot, but generally sitting. On a seat. That i paid for.

Comment

great pic of my cousin!!! chap in the middle

Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            I know Arsenal are shit, but spare a thought for Caerphilly Castle Ladies FC in the Welsh League. This would still be embarrassing it they were rugby scores, nevermind football! Things can only get better for the rest of the season, well maybe...

0-5 v Northop Hall
                            0-18 v Port Talbot Town
                            0-10 v Wrexham
                            0-18 v Cardiff Metro University
                            0-26 v Llandudno Junction
                            0-36 v Newcastle Emlyn
                            0-21 v Port Talbot Town
                            1-14 v Caernarfon Town
                            0-28 v Aberystwyth Town
                            0-43 v Cardiff Metro University
                            Imagine the celebrations against caernarfon town!
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                              Imagine the celebrations against caernarfon town!
                              I'm sure, to avoid injury, they celebrated very Caerphilly.
                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

No interest in horse 'racing'.
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Interesting backstory to the Caerphilly ladies team
                                  A football team whose latest 43-0 defeat is the worst so far in a humbling season say they have no intention of giving up.

Comment

I see the chap that won the UKIPT London is now chipleader for Day 2 of the EPT London and he chopped a 1k event in between. Must be nice http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/ept/20...-c-130940.html

Comment

PP could pick a better day for this lol

The site is currently undergoing maintenance and will return to normal service shortly.

Dial a Bet is currently avaialble - using the following details:

Freephone 1800 721 821 (IRL)
                                      Freephone 08000 565 265 (UK)
                                      International 00353 1 4040100 (Call Charges Will Apply)

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this disruption to service.

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                        PP could pick a better day for this lol

The site is currently undergoing maintenance and will return to normal service shortly.

Dial a Bet is currently avaialble - using the following details:

Freephone 1800 721 821 (IRL)
                                        Freephone 08000 565 265 (UK)
                                        International 00353 1 4040100 (Call Charges Will Apply)

We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this disruption to service.
                                        Presumably a volume related error with a standard message. Can't imagine them scheduling anything for this week. Can't blame ipoker for that one

Comment

Sherlock Season 3 starts filming next week and may be shown at the end of this year.

Woo Ha! I got you all in check.

Comment

Anyone been to see Oz? Decent?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                              Anyone been to see Oz? Decent?
                                              Yes, its watchable but not as Dark as I was expecting. It's a kids movie though.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                Yes, its watchable but not as Dark as I was expecting. It's a kids movie though.
                                                100% less prison rape than I was expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                  100% less prison rape than I was expecting.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What's the magic word to make the pokerplumber guy appear?

Seems like my heating timer thing is dead and can't heat the fecking water in the place now. Timer yoke is a Grasslin qe7+, seems to be a common yoke used in apartment blocks. Anyone know ought about them or any idea how much it would cost to get checked out. Prob an electrician job now I think of it
                                                    Hey man,yea that would bo one for an electrician sorry bout that
                                                    Don't tell me there is no sparkypoker around here!

Comment

Posted this in gaa thread
                                                      Have 2adult and 1 u16 tickets for the ai club finals on Sunday if anybody wants them pm me (they are free btw just don't want to see them going to waste)

Comment

What's the magic word to make the pokerplumber guy appear?

Seems like my heating timer thing is dead and can't heat the fecking water in the place now. Timer yoke is a Grasslin qe7+, seems to be a common yoke used in apartment blocks. Anyone know ought about them or any idea how much it would cost to get checked out. Prob an electrician job now I think of it
                                                        Originally posted by plumberpoker View Post
                                                        Hey man,yea that would bo one for an electrician sorry bout that
                                                        Don't tell me there is no sparkypoker around here!
                                                        He changed his occupation..

Comment

heh

Please enjoy some of my memories of being brought up in the 1970's and 80's.I'm sure I've missed out loads so please add your own.Thanks to Mr Andrew Barker ...

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                            Sherlock Season 3 starts filming next week and may be shown at the end of this year.

Woo Ha! I got you all in check.
                                                            And Luther too

Comment

Wonder when Tesco will have these in stock

Comment

Name something that gets passed around...Subscribe to our channel:http://bit.ly/FamilyFeudSubGet the Family Feud board game:https://familyfeud.shop Play Fami...

Proper GLOLM
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Very well put together and funny Gordon Ramsey montage. Deadly!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Panti digs out her most conservative senatorial wig for an edit of Senator Fidelma Healy Eames's recent moral panic speech about the dangers of the internet....

Comment

Smoke be black

Comment

Lol religion.

Comment

Is there not meant to be some nonsense about the cardinals being guided by the holy spirit? So are Catholics that are speculating on the next pope not effectively admitting that their faith is nonsense?

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                            http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

^^^^^

Pope idol is surely the go to joke?

Comment

Decent from Messi

Comment

he's just too good
                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Fuck me Barca are really at it here but Milan have great counter attacking options that's going to make this a brilliant game.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

oooooh, that could be huge

FU Silvio!!
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

FU Silvio!!
                                                                                        lol
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                          he's just too good
                                                                                          This

Comment

FU Silvio!!
                                                                                            lol
                                                                                            30sec BBVing WP

Comment

A local soccer league action shot in the paper today gave me a good lol

Comment

What's the lol? I can't see anything out of the ordinary.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Pink boots obv

Comment

Looks like a spanking to me

Comment

Looks like he's about to give the player on the ball a good slap on the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                        Pink boots obv
                                                                                                        Indeed.

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                                                                        Looks like a spanking to me
                                                                                                        Quite the active imagination you have there

Comment

Comment

Arty student is a bit apprehensive about telling her folks about me, especially the mother who apparently will ask '20 questions'.

Told arty student we should compile a dossier, copy of passport, birthcert, 2 passport photos, medical history, bio, etc, etc, etc, that way she can just hand it off to her when the awky conversation comes to fruition.

Any other ideas as to what could be included?

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                              Arty student is a bit apprehensive about telling her folks about me, especially the mother who apparently will ask '20 questions'.

Told arty student we should compile a dossier, copy of passport, birthcert, 2 passport photos, medical history, bio, etc, etc, etc, that way she can just hand it off to her when the awky conversation comes to fruition.

Any other ideas as to what could be included?

Top 10 most thanked posts of yours on here and on boards imo.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

It's always a bit of an anti climax checking racing results when you wake up.

Comment

Top 10 most thanked posts of yours on here and on boards imo.
                                                                                                                    lol, that'd be some solid reading. Believe it or not I haven't kept a record of that sort of thing.
                                                                                                                    Though it may be searchable on boards.
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                      lol, that'd be some solid reading. Believe it or not I haven't kept a record of that sort of thing.
                                                                                                                      Though it may be searchable on boards.
                                                                                                                      Ya, not an easy thing to extract. I am fiddling about trying to get a list for you here but not as straightforward as I would have thought unfortunately.

Comment

not home long from work. Ugh was a tough day, a call back I had fell through and I knocked a lot of doors by 5pm I was getting worried . The other chap that was taken on with me had one up and me Zero. This fucking kills me!!!

Told myself cop on it was early yet and went for a coffee and went to an estate I knew the other two wouldnt have known about as it was off the beaten track. Knocked every door and fuck all. Sat in the car after very down on myself. Drove to portlaoise to a girl I thought might be interested in the Broadband but she decided against it when I informed her that no it doesnt come through her dish

Then decided I would drive the 6 miles back to mountmellick to call to a chap who moved into a house that someone else told me about , this was 7.45 and I really was starting to panic , didnt help that chanel called and told me she couldnt get the fire going at all and she was out of firelighters and that Mia was playing up ugh!!! Luckily enough the chap was home and signed him up . boss text at 9pm for sales update and I didnt feel to good sending a text with one sale!

Think Ill go at 10 am in the morning.
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

what was robinhno thinking there

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X