X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game of Thrones:

SPOILER
    Great start. That episode was visually spectacular. They've done incredible work with the cinematography and effects.

Loved the Tywin vs Tyrion scene. Charles Dance is fucking brilliant. Also the seemingly needless introduction of Margaery's charity work was worth sitting through to give us Cersei verbally pwning Joffrey.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The Walking Dead:

SPOILER
      I'm so glad Andrea's dead. She had so many chances to fix all this shit and blew every one. :-/ Otherwise that whole episode was dumb.

The only highlight was Carl's itchy trigger finger. That played out just perfectly for his decision to be as grey as possible, neatly dividing the characters and the audience.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

El Tren FB status

Comment

CHDs legal team may have something to say about that.

Comment

Some basketball player in America broke his leg yesterday. It's probably the worst leg break I've seen in sport, so this isn't for the faint-hearted.

Video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os7HP7F60vo

GRIM IMAGE IN SPOILER WARNING

SPOILER

the player reactions are kinda funny though....
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Why did click the spoiler??? WHY???

Comment

How did he not need oxygen there? Surely that pain would be beyond unbearable.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                  Why did click the spoiler??? WHY???
                  I'm gonna try and resist. Very squeamish

Comment

Just spent a frustrating few minutes on the PPP site where for some reason they've already taken down the navigation to the Irish Open side events schedule. Are there more tournaments on today?

Comment

I'm expending so little effort today. I actually think I'm like a black hole of effort.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I hope there is a recap at the start of GOT cos I can't remember exactly where it left off! Should have watched the last few during the week

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                          Just spent a frustrating few minutes on the PPP site where for some reason they've already taken down the navigation to the Irish Open side events schedule. Are there more tournaments on today?
                          There's a 160 scalps event anyway, not sure of start time, maybe 3pm?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                            I hope there is a recap at the start of GOT cos I can't remember exactly where it left off! Should have watched the last few during the week
                            there was a recap a few weeks back. El tren will help
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Breaking bad Season 2

SPOILER
                              the reason for the bear in the flash forwards at the start of the episodes was a plane collision caused by the father of Jessie's junkie gf? Why bother even hinting at something like that then have a gigantic and convoluted side plot which gets 10 seconds at the end of the series.

It did have some high points, and really picked up in the last 5 episodes, but after the first two episodes it just threaded water for too many.

That said I'm looking forward to season 3
                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

This post needs much more love!! absolutely brilliant

. Reviews to date 1.Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud, Dublin, €€€€€, Gimmeabreak (http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showpost.php?p=497840&postcount=2) 2.Pearl Brasserie ,Dublin,€€€,mocata (http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showpost.php?p=498020&postcount=6") 3.Peploes, Dublin, €€€,
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

GOOOOLAZZO

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                      Nice. For ebooks: http://library-genesis.com/ high success rate, no nonsense website. Managed to finally get a copy of long-desired:
                                      Top man.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        Some basketball player in America broke his leg yesterday. It's probably the worst leg break I've seen in sport, so this isn't for the faint-hearted.

SPOILER

Through the powers of magic. Gif of the bench reaction.

SPOILER

Comment

I could watch that gif all day, beautiful.
                                          hmmm...

Comment

Originally posted by The KnightHawk View Post
                                            I could watch that gif all day, beautiful.
                                            You are on about Ba, right?

Comment

Is Boardwalk Empire's next season out soon?

Very enjoyable GOT
                                              SPOILER
                                              giant was awesome
                                              , glad it's back. Walking Dead really is terrible but in a good way.
                                              Last edited by RasTa; 01-04-13, 14:29.
                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                You are on about Ba, right?
                                                Fuck my fucking life.

Saw the Gif, I was like, I don't remember that goal from the first game.....
                                                Never realised the game was on early today.
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Awaiting for a Zod post saying lol Man utd or some such.

Or is he still fuming about the mighty celtic being unable to beat the lowly St.Mirren?
                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Never watched season 2, until the other week. Can't stop singing this

Segment from "Extras" where a random encounter with a music legend in an exclusive pub ends up as an embarrassment.

Comment

This was the 2nd half of that adventure map I played the other night. Overall I'd recommend it for maybe the 6-12 age group as its not very difficult but there are some ok twists towards the end. Satnav maybe Mia would play it if she ever gets bored of building stuff. Overall as an adventure map Id give it a 4/10 and wouldnt be in a hurry to play it again it was more just a trial run so I could get the hang of installing mods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jSwSoEMYcM

Comment

My utorrent isn't downloading stuff now for some reason today. I downloaded something last night as normal, and it somewhat slowly downloaded 1 out of 4 things I am trying to download today, but the other 3 it won't go past checked 0.0% status. Any ideas? I've restarted machine, tried different torrents for those programmes, and aside from reinstalling utorrent I can't think of anything else at the moment. Suggestions?

Comment

SPOILER

Up there with the leg break of the Danish player in the 1992 European Championship for sure. Simply horrendous.
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                            Well. Did ya have any easter eggs?
                                                            Got two!

Was halfway into the LOTR: The Return of the King, and the first egg was delivered. Great timing. I was flagging a bit. Fucking film was 4 hours 23 mins long! (although in fairness 15mins were end credits.)

Hashtag#BringBack90MinuteMovies
                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Kinda thinking next year i'll make a rabbit stew or something for dinner.
                                                              Has anyone eaten/prepared a bunny for din dins?
                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                My utorrent isn't downloading stuff now for some reason today. I downloaded something last night as normal, and it somewhat slowly downloaded 1 out of 4 things I am trying to download today, but the other 3 it won't go past checked 0.0% status. Any ideas? I've restarted machine, tried different torrents for those programmes, and aside from reinstalling utorrent I can't think of anything else at the moment. Suggestions?
                                                                That weird. I use bitlord and for some reason that stopped working. Downloaded uTorrent and it's working fine.

Comment

@Dom / site mods

What spambot measures do you guys have. The thing I set up is being bombarded with spam. Even with captcha and IP spam tracer software.

What else can be done?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                    @Dom / site mods

What spambot measures do you guys have. The thing I set up is being bombarded with spam. Even with captcha and IP spam tracer software.

What else can be done?

Thanks.
                                                                    I added an extra question to the registration process where the user has to type in a set phrase, and I change it every so often. There is also a blacklist of email domain names that can't be used in registration. Seems to have stopped most of our spam thankfully. I don't know if you can do either of those things though.

Comment

:
                                                                      The match had to be delayed for 12 minutes while blood was cleaned off the grass. It is reputed that Manchester United's goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel vomited on the pitch upon seeing the injury and had to have counselling afterwards, along with a number of other players
                                                                      SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                        Does anyone play League of Legends? Getting into it a bit recently and have watched a few championship matches streamed live; it's actually quite interesting to watch if you're a gamer and the commentators do a good job of ramping up the excitement! Might record a few of my games and upload them to my Youtube channel at some stage.

Also, anyone looking for a job?
                                                                        Missed this yesterday. Dota2 is where the win is. I have free copies if you add me on Steam - AndyFB[Ars]

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Although not a leg break. This would give you nightmares if you played hockey.

Really not for the faint of heart.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                            Always worth a link on 1st April good times
                                                                            lmao that was a great read.

A few of us on here also had good fun before with that link that went to the facebook page of whoever clicked it. Started a thread talking about how creepy this person was with other details etc and stuck up the link, many PMs and even calls to admins about that one

Comment

TWD
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              Plop!

Comment

I added an extra question to the registration process where the user has to type in a set phrase, and I change it every so often. There is also a blacklist of email domain names that can't be used in registration. Seems to have stopped most of our spam thankfully. I don't know if you can do either of those things though.
                                                                                The blacklist of spam domain names was one I chose. Didn't see anything about a certain phrase, must look into that.

I tightened up Saturday and it has been worse than ever.

Cheers Dom

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                  The blacklist of spam domain names was one I chose. Didn't see anything about a certain phrase, must look into that.

I tightened up Saturday and it has been worse than ever.

Cheers Dom
                                                                                  Here is the list of banned email domains we have.

SPOILER

@louisvuittonspascherfrance1.com
                                                                                  @outletgucciitaly.com
                                                                                  @getcashpaydayloansonline.com
                                                                                  @163.com
                                                                                  @uggbootgrandsale.com
                                                                                  @kellybagonline.com
                                                                                  @rtrtr.com
                                                                                  @christianlouboutinpascherffr.com
                                                                                  @modaborseprezzi.com
                                                                                  @sacsmagasinffrance.com
                                                                                  @domozmail.com
                                                                                  @bumpymail.com
                                                                                  @centermail.com
                                                                                  @centermail.net
                                                                                  @discardmail.com
                                                                                  @dodgeit.com
                                                                                  @e4ward.com
                                                                                  @emailias.com
                                                                                  @fakeinformation.com
                                                                                  @front14.org
                                                                                  @ghosttexter.de
                                                                                  @jetable.net
                                                                                  @kasmail.com
                                                                                  @link2mail.net
                                                                                  @mailexpire.com
                                                                                  @mailinator.com
                                                                                  @mailmoat.com
                                                                                  @messagebeamer.de
                                                                                  @mytrashmail.com
                                                                                  @nervmich.net
                                                                                  @netmails.net
                                                                                  @netzidiot.de
                                                                                  @nurfuerspam.de
                                                                                  @oneoffemail.com
                                                                                  @pookmail.com
                                                                                  @privacy.net
                                                                                  @punkass.com
                                                                                  @sneakemail.com
                                                                                  @sofort-mail.de
                                                                                  @sogetthis.com
                                                                                  @spam.la
                                                                                  @spambob.com
                                                                                  @spambob.net
                                                                                  @spambob.org
                                                                                  @spamex.com
                                                                                  @spamgourmet.com
                                                                                  @spamhole.com
                                                                                  @spaminator.de
                                                                                  @spammotel.com
                                                                                  @spamtrail.com
                                                                                  @trash-mail.de
                                                                                  @trashmail.net
                                                                                  @wuzup.net
                                                                                  @sacsmagasinfr9.com

.cn
                                                                                  .ru
                                                                                  .kp
                                                                                  .kr
                                                                                  .ng
                                                                                  .su
                                                                                  .ug
                                                                                  .vn

Comment

The question thing was there but just not configured so I set it up using questions that google bots can't get (hopefully)

Comment

...
                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Fucking Ted Walsh! unbelievable pig of a man.
                                                                                        After Dot Love's horse wins the National Ted turns into first a fashion critic talking about her clothes and then says in his finest dirty old man tone, "Dot was a fine looking bird when she was young" You can hear Robert Halls jaw hitting the floor and a prolonged silence most likely as the producer is swearing at Ted to STFU in the back channel when Robert slightly redeems the situation with an "And she still is" comment.

What a creep, yuck!
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Silver+ can get $80 in the PokerStars Store at Supernova Rate of 1.6c per FPP for today only. VIP store, April 1st Specials. (its a regular thing they do every year).

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            After Dot Love's horse wins the National Ted turns into first a fashion critic talking about her clothes and then says in his finest dirty old man tone, "Dot was a fine looking bird when she was young" You can hear Robert Halls jaw hitting the floor and a prolonged silence most likely as the producer is swearing at Ted to STFU in the back channel when Robert slightly redeems the situation with an "And she still is" comment.

What a creep, yuck!
                                                                                            Google imaged her.

Puked.

Don't really think he could have redeemed the situation with 'Elegant lady' either.
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                              Missed this yesterday. Dota2 is where the win is. I have free copies if you add me on Steam - AndyFB[Ars]
                                                                                              I have DOTA2 thanks, haven't really gotten in to it yet, just playing LoL for now. I was definitely surprised by how entertaining the 'package' around the live streaming of LoL championship matches was, the commentary, live audience, everything. I also know there's a fair amount of money at stake, though that wouldn't affect me with regard interest.

Will add you on Steam anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                I have DOTA2 thanks, haven't really gotten in to it yet, just playing LoL for now. I was definitely surprised by how entertaining the 'package' around the live streaming of LoL championship matches was, the commentary, live audience, everything. I also know there's a fair amount of money at stake, though that wouldn't affect me with regard interest.

Will add you on Steam anyhow
                                                                                                Sorry that makes you one of "them". It's not permitted to play both games.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  Silver+ can get $80 in the PokerStars Store at Supernova Rate of 1.6c per FPP for today only. VIP store, April 1st Specials. (its a regular thing they do every year).
                                                                                                  What's this?

Comment

Is this the last episode of TWD? I fucking clicked on AFB spoiler by mistake aghhhh!!! saw the first line !
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

What a creep, yuck!
                                                                                                      Only last week you were bragging about hosting a birthday party full of 18 year olds, glass houses ect...
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Exact same thing was happening me on Friday,i just re installed it and it seems to be fine since.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                          Only last week you were bragging about hosting a birthday party full of 18 year olds, glass houses ect...
                                                                                                          Not quite sure if serious but you are completely missing both the point of what was wrong with Ted's spiel and what I was saying about the kids last week!

Comment

Has GAB got a horsey running on FT of IO ? I see him on the stream down there railing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                              Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                              What's this?
                                                                                                              Not sure which bit is the problem.

But to clarify, Pokerstars have a permament crappy 'rakeback' thing whereby you can sell your FPPs at X per FPP.
                                                                                                              The figure X is small for Silver/Gold level customers, around .10/.12c per FPP, going up to .16c for Superrnova.
                                                                                                              And on this day every year they give the .16c rate to Silver/Gold people, so you can cash $80 for 5000 FPPs.

It's about the best way possible you can spend your FPPs (other than the toy donkeys, but they seem to be gone from the store.)

Comment

Has GAB got a horsey running on FT of IO ? I see him on the stream down there railing it.
                                                                                                                I believe so.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                  I believe so.
                                                                                                                  Are you going to make me trawl the staking threads?

Comment

hotel recomendations for Dublin 27th April ?? also anything on that day/night for a couple to do? Dont want to spend anymore than 120 on hotel.
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                      Up there with the leg break of the Danish player in the 1992 European Championship for sure. Simply horrendous.

David Busst and Beano McDonald are 2 others whose horrific leg breaks spring to mind. Busst never played football again and McDonald was a shadow of his former self.

Comment

Are you going to make me trawl the staking threads?
                                                                                                                        I thought he had swapped some %s, I assumed with DC but haven't heard a name mentioned

Comment

Not quite sure if serious but you are completely missing both the point of what was wrong with Ted's spiel and what I was saying about the kids last week!
                                                                                                                          You did sound a bit creepy in fairness. I didn't see Ted Walsh today so I can't make any comment there

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X