• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The S3 launch was cringeworthy
    Some decent ideas but someone is getting sacked in the morning
    Samsung unveils the new 8-core Galaxy S IV
    by Florence Ion - Mar 14 2013, 11:18pm GMT

Samsung has unveiled the Galaxy S IV, the next in line of its popular Galaxy series Android handsets, at its event this evening at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

The Android handset looks similar to its predecessor, right down to the rounded edges, curved body, and plastic chassis, not to mention that signature Home button. It is 136mm long, 69mm wide, 7.9mm thin and weighs 130 grams—taller, thinner, and lighter than its Galaxy S III. It comes with a 5-inch AMOLED display with a 1080p resolution. Samsung plans to launch it to over 357 global mobile operators. It will support all global LTE networks and frequencies. All of this is powered up by a 2,600 mAh battery.
    Enlarge

The Galaxy S IV also has 2GB of RAM, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, and 16GB of storage with an added expansion slot. It also features Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, and infrared LED, which can control your television utilizing the WatchOn app.

The new Android handset comes with a 13-megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2MP front-facing camera with their own new features. Users can now add audio to photos, adding "another dimension of detail to the visual memory to be created." The Galaxy S IV also features a dual-camera view to take photos with both of the front- and rear-facing cameras at the same time. The camera also has an "eraser," which allows users to erase people (like photo-bombers) out of photos.

Samsung's proprietary Touchwiz interface is also getting a bit of a boost. Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean will tack on features like the Daydream screensaver functionality and lock screen widgets. The Galaxy SIV will also include a significant upgrade to its S-Voice digital assistant functionality, like S Voice Drive, which will include bigger font sizes and more text-to-speech, as well as the ability to respond to a message hands-free. Samsung has also introduced S Translator, which translates messages in nine languages, including French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.

Samsung promises that the phone will let us live "without boundaries." Users will be able to perform "Air Gestures" by hovering their fingers above the handset for a Galaxy Note II S-pen-like effect. There is also an "Air View" functionality that lets finger hover over things like a date to see additional information—another feature borrowed from the Note. The handset will also be able to connect to the company's HomeSync, a personal cloud device with 1TB of space that can stream to any smartphone, TV, tablet, or computer. That content can also be mirrored on the Galaxy S IV.

As rumored, the new handset will include eye-tracking technology, which utilizes the front-facing camera to follow along as the user's eyes peruse through content on the screen. It also features "KNOX," a mobile device management technology that lets you keep work and play separate on the phone. Like BlackBerry's BES 10, companies can manage different programs and apps.

We'll be adding additional details as they're revealed.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

this weeks walking dead was excellent imo

Comment

The Americans is pretty damn good.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

My guess would be that once the game gets to extra time, id rather be the away team. Home advantage for 30 mins in a game that has been too tight for 180 minutes while giving up the serious advantage of any conceded goal counting for double is no consolation imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
            My guess would be that once the game gets to extra time, id rather be the away team. Home advantage for 30 mins in a game that has been too tight for 180 minutes while giving up the serious advantage of any conceded goal counting for double is no consolation imo.
            surely though you have to factor in the massive home team advantage if it goes to pens

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              surely though you have to factor in the massive home team advantage if it goes to pens
              It's not massive at all. Slight perhaps, but that's it.

Comment

pennos are a lottery innit.

Comment

How massive is the edge? I obviously am only guessing but would say that there is no huge correlation between being at home and winning a penalty shootout. I would be surprised if the stats proved otherwise.

Comment

How massive is the edge? I obviously am only guessing but would say that there is no huge correlation between being at home and winning a penalty shootout. I would be surprised if the stats proved otherwise.
                    You would be sort of wrong

Comment

This is the best example I could find - I imagine the noise generated is much louder than what comes across on TV. Id imagine that level of jeering has to have some negative effect for the away team

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7yY2jvGhQA

Comment

3:23 of that video, does Podolski give a Nazi solute....?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                          Hmm this is pretty much what I figured. Not a huge difference in terms of conversion rate between home and away teams. (~79%-74%). I felt there would be an edge, but no where near big enough to negate the advantage of the away goal in extra time.

@bubbleking
                          I am sure there are stadiums that dont have that atmosphere.

Just to clarify I am not arguing against the Home team having an advantage. That of course would be silly. What I am saying is that in a game that has been drawn on aggregate over two legs with the away goal rule. That in the resulting 30 minutes of extra time, the away goal rule is a bigger edge than the home side enjoys. The home team are pretty much goosed if they concede.

Comment

Hmm this is pretty much what I figured. Not a huge difference in terms of conversion rate between home and away teams. (~79%-74%).
                            79.2% vrs 73.6% is a pretty significant, especially compounded over 5 penalties.
                            My first instinct said that away goal edge is better, but its probably pretty close.

Comment

Fans of Banshee
                              With only one episode left, surely it's time for this guy to do something noteworthy;

He currently reminds me of this guy;

'But Marge, that little guy hasn't done anything yet. Look at him! He's gonna do something and you know its gonna be good.'

Comment

Well I know Dublin clubs hate shooting into the "Sligo end" at Lansdowne road!

Always giving out about it, well I think they are anyhu, hard to tell sometimes

Fuckin culchie end this and fuckin culchie end that & who took me king crisps, il fuckin bate the bollix off ya if ya goes near me kings... etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

Probably kidnapped himself.
                                  CALLED IT.
                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

CALLED IT.
                                    Guards communications were very unusual in tone from the outset. Hope they throw the book at him.

Going to the parade in Roscommon this weekend, will be sure to keep a watch out for Ming-heckling opportunities.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                      I don't think home/away % of penalties converted during 90 minutes in EPL games is a relevant stat when discussing whether home ground is an advantage in penalty shootouts in European ties.

Theres a completely different set of dynamics at play.

Comment

Daily Mail article on McGeevers antics pre his disappearance.
                                        Even though its Daily Mail I'd guess a fair chunk of it is true. Some of the stuff people fall for is just incredible, be careful out there folks.

Our investigation reveals that kidnapped developer imported porcelain cats from China in his early days and that investors now claim he sold them the same properties multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          Daily Mail article on McGeevers antics pre his disappearance.
                                          Even though its Daily Mail I'd guess a fair chunk of it is true. Some of the stuff people fall for is just incredible, be careful out there folks.
                                          Video clip of Sgt. Phil Esterhaus (Michael Conrad) saying his trademark phrase, "Let's be careful out there", sourced here: http://www.hillstreetblues.tv/

Comment

European Cup.
                                            Malaga v Dortmund.
                                            Real Madrid v Galatasaray.
                                            PSG v Barcelona.
                                            Bayern Munich v Juventus.

No semi final draw being done until quarter finals completed.

Europa League.

Chelsea v Rubin Kazan.
                                            Tottenham v Basel.
                                            Fenerbahce v Lazio.
                                            Benfica v Newcastle.

Comment

Just wondering, does anyone still have their iodine tablet?
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

They must have went out of date around 10 years ago at this stage, i know i binned mine at the time.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  European Cup.
                                                  Malaga v Dortmund.
                                                  Real Madrid v Galatasaray.
                                                  PSG v Barcelona.
                                                  Bayern Munich v Juventus.

No semi final draw being done until quarter finals completed.

Europa League.

Chelsea v Rubin Kazan.
                                                  Tottenham v Basel.
                                                  Fenerbahce v Lazio.
                                                  Benfica v Newcastle.

Dortmund still available at 7s

Comment

Were we not supposed to take it there and then

Comment

The S4 makes the one o clock news! Nice to see Apple getting competition!

Watch a movie on the screen and when you look away it pauses wow what next!
                                                      Scroll through emails with out touching it!
                                                      Take two pics at once on one screen. Tons of other stuff too.
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

PP sports down? FFs what a joke

Comment

Anyone got a stream for the race that I can view in the US?

Comment

Weee our Noel is on the telly!
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              Weee our Noel is on the telly!
                                                              video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 15-03-13, 15:49.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Cross post from cheltenham thread as its an excellent oppertunity to pimp out the charity now everyone has teh loots

Before everyone rubs money on titties may I direct you to this thread

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=16887

Please donate a teany tiny amount of all that profit for a very very good cause

/leaching

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                  The S4 makes the one o clock news! Nice to see Apple getting competition!

Watch a movie on the screen and when you look away it pauses wow what next!
                                                                  Scroll through emails with out touching it!
                                                                  Take two pics at once on one screen. Tons of other stuff too.
                                                                  Those are all gimmicks that a lot of people will turn off imo. A movie stopping because you have glanced away for a second would be irritating. It's not that hard to press pause on a phone if you want to actually pause. They are going down the apple route of the 'brand look' where they barely change the design. Phones will have less differences now from generation to generation than a couple of years ago which is only natural. I prefer the look of the HTC One myself, although the S4 will outsell it by miles.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Is there anyone in the South Dublin area that can iron all my clothes as a service obv. I would like experience an ironed t-shirt.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

lol Greg Raymer nabbed in male prostitution sting.

EDIT: male part was a mis report.
                                                                            Last edited by RoadSweeper; 15-03-13, 18:47.

Comment

What was the biggest price that Our Conor was in the antepost? Or more to the point, at what price did the clued in people on get on here?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                What was the biggest price that Our Conor was in the antepost? Or more to the point, at what price did the clued in people on get on here?
                                                                                33s very early I believe.

Comment

I know KP got 33s, which must have been way back. I backed him at 16s, 14s and again this week out of sheer greed.

God knows how much GAB took out, would say its irrelevant to how he's feeling right now though.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                    Is there anyone in the South Dublin area that can iron all my clothes as a service obv. I would like experience an ironed t-shirt.
                                                                                    put it in the dryer with a damp towel. same difference

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatiam View Post
                                                                                      put it in the dryer with a damp towel. same difference

Comment

lol solks

Willie Clynes
                                                                                        Rang Paddy Powers, went directly to voice mail, it was some guy crying

Comment

33s.

Comment

well
                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                              lol Greg Raymer nabbed in male prostitution sting.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...rts&id=9028936
                                                                                              Seems the male part was wrong with a lot of mis-reporting.

Comment

I only had a tenner on Noels horse. seems miniscule compared to some of the figures being bandied around by people After the horse won I feel like im not balling now

Comment

I only had a tenner on Noels horse. seems miniscule compared to some of the figures being bandied around by people After the horse won I feel like im not balling now
                                                                                                  Id a huge 20 euro at 4/1 shipppppp.
                                                                                                  Just got the bet on as the race started.
                                                                                                  Im surprised he was not odds on considering the millions put on here alone.

Comment

??

The horse has been the talk of here for months!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      ??

The horse has been the talk of here for months!
                                                                                                      ah I know I was just taking a dig at all the after-timing going on. I know for someone like you this would be a standout bet but its amazing how quickly people were to come forward with tales of having 6 years wages on a win only bet. Considering GAB is a big hater of the aftertiming it doesnt seem right that there is an explosion of it over his horse

Comment

ah I know I was just taking a dig at all the after-timing going on. I know for someone like you this would be a standout bet but its amazing how quickly people were to come forward with tales of having 6 years wages on a win only bet. Considering GAB is a big hater of the aftertiming it doesnt seem right that there is an explosion of it over his horse
                                                                                                        This is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                          This is stupid.
                                                                                                          you're stupid

Comment

Asking people to donate to your charity and then mocking how they got said funds, worst Internet chugger ever.

Comment

Originally posted by mickste View Post
                                                                                                              Asking people to donate to your charity and then mocking how they got said funds, worst Internet chugger ever.
                                                                                                              you'll have to try harder than that to troll me mick unless you believe I dont think you are capable of understanding the nature of aftertiming which I dont for one second

Comment

Aftertiming isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

Just stop being jealous or call people out for our entertainment.

Comment

Genuinely think many people here had lumps on our Conor and am delighted for anyone that had.
                                                                                                                  For once the majority of the forum has probably had a winning day punting.

Only bet i had on whole of cheltenham for myself.
                                                                                                                  Kinda sound like an begrudger to be honest.

Comment

apologies didnt mean to sound like a begrudger.

Comment

I think GAB would appreciate the after-timing and be happy to see that so many got on and joined in with the Our Conor buzz.

Anyway I'm off to Budapest for the weekend. Oh and I'm not bringing my own money.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                                        Genuinely think many people here had lumps on our Conor and am delighted for anyone that had.
                                                                                                                        For once the majority of the forum has probably had a winning day punting.

Only bet i had on whole of cheltenham for myself.
                                                                                                                        Kinda sound like an begrudger to be honest.
                                                                                                                        I had a few bets on all week and managed to busto myself with what I had in my sportsbetting account. Today about 12.45 I said to my mate I was with at a kids play area I was going to throw 20 quid to win on Our Conor, took out my phone as I had the boyles app and realised since my phone was fixed I hadn't downloaded again. Put my phone back into my bag and said fuck it.

The race was on the big screen, and saw OC run to victory and my friend could not stop laughing as I cursed myself. It wasn't much I was winning but to not bother putting it on due to the app not being on phone was daft.

Ah well, delighted for all who won a few quid on the horse

Comment

Don't think there's been a horse that has been more before-timed than Our Conor in the history of IPB, probably to an annoying level for anyone who doesn't like the horses. Strange one for BK to call out and coming across a tad bitter.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X