This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Some genius told me the best time to hit the Motor Tax Office was 30mins before they closed. Wrong. No 663 in queue & still in the mid 500's. FML.

Considering offering one of the unwashed here a score to jump up 80 spots. Bit grim around here, would be ironic if in renewing my licence I come out to no car.
    I last went to motor tax (the one in Smithfield) about 3 years ago. Went abut 2pm and was out in less than 30 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      My dad committed suicide, vote for me.

Genius campaign slogan.
      she'll still prob get voted in.

Its the irish way

Comment

Some genius told me the best time to hit the Motor Tax Office was 30mins before they closed. Wrong.
        VWP Deadparrot.
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          OK, perhaps a bit of a heartless phrasing, but the whole promotional video is about reminding people who her father is. Hardly the best reason for electing a legislator is it? Not surprising though as children succeeding their parents is something that is somewhat of an Irish tradition.
          Have you never seen "The Distinguished Gentleman"?

Comment

Have you never seen "The Distinguished Gentleman"?
            Nope. Never heard of it.

Comment

Yo Keane if you get the chance you should bookmark Jared Polin aka Fro Know Photo on YouTube his video tutorials are pretty informative/fun and you should pick up a few bits & bobs.
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

According to a study conducted by Canadian researchers, Mother Teresa wasn't as saintly as everyone assumed. But if you look back on the 10,000 people who have been canonized by the Catholic Church over the centuries, some of the other saints were way...

airport, lol

Comment

So made it to London no probs really plane was delayed by about 25 minutes but that was fine as I had a row to myself so I could stretch out, getting to the hotel was handy enough with the tube had HectorJellys tunes banging to keep me occupied.

I've some how managed to hurt my right foot and I don't know how it's a little sore and has me limping somewhat, pox! Just gotta push on through the pain with the aid of some painkillers if it gets worse.

Comment

The white collar boxing is now only 5 weeks away. Everything has been sorted and I can now confirm we are raising money for the national rehabilitation hospital which is a really good cause imo. Training is stepping up a notch now - (including football and gym sessions by myself) Iv had 21 training sessions in the last 2 weeks - they are trying to sell out the event at 1000 tickets so Im kinda bricking it for that but no turning back now. I dont even miss the alcohol over the last 6 weeks and Ive been out plenty of times sober

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      I've some how managed to hurt my right foot and I don't know how it's a little sore and has me limping somewhat, pox! Just gotta push on through the pain with the aid of some painkillers if it gets worse.
                      Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      Amputate it
                      It's what he was thinking!
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                        It's a piece of crap and that's the true true.
                        This review of Cloud Atlas has come into my head several times per day this week. It's genius. You have to have seen the film to know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Really I mean who doesn't

Virtually all French women between 40 and 60 are hot
                          Step up Connie Nelson, at 48 might be a bit young for you but my word. Danish bacon.

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

The South African police have said that Oscar Pistorius may get the electric chair.

If you ask me he was dangerous enough on a pair of stilts, never mind giving the cunt a mobility scooter.

Comment

Beebs
                              Justin Bieber has a bit of a shouting match with some paps. How sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                Fucking hate that little weed so much.

Comment

HOLD ME BACK BRAHHHH

Johnny Sexton crossing the road at the end?

Comment

Paparazzi are horrible human beings.

Comment

obv being advised to lose the nice boy image and work on bad boy. bitches love the bad boy
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Why are the French U20s wearing old school extra big jerseys?

Comment

Bit of a French ledge in the crowd with a trumpet, every time a kick is missed he gives the old waaa-waa-waaa

Comment

Irish ladies do the business. Grand slam to play for next week.
                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Holy Jaysus what a day!

Rang the boss today and told him I should be promoted for one particular sale I got! A girl who just moved here looking for A triple play ( happy fucking days) BB, Phone and TV so off I go to meet her and I go through everything with her throwing in a good offer of 6 months tv at half price. So we go through the motions , taking all her details etc and I call sky to set up the sale , she has to pay a 25 quid installation fee by visa debit or whatever CC so she says to me oh I dont think there is anything on the card at this stage I have every detail gone to the other chap on the phone, I cant afford to drop the call as there are 450 working in the call centre otherwise I have to go through the whole thing again with another person on the phone. So I say to her have you got your partners card or could you call him, so she calls him and calls him and fucking calls him he doesnt answer chap on phone is now on the line 30 mins and me trying to have the banter with him keeping him there so he doesnt drop the call.

I say to herself where is himself working and she says on the stradbally road doing road works , grand I say grab the baby ( 13 months old) and sit into my car and ill drive you to him as she doesnt have a car! yer man is still on the phone and I explain what i am doing , he is in stitches and calls me a hungry fucker LOL out loud!
                                              So we finally get there and find her fella , he pulls out the card and says jaysus I dunno is there anything on the card, Im like OMFG put it through and it declines, I say to her fella give one of the lads 25 quid and use there card, I look at his 2 workmates and fucking knew well no chance ( two ould fellas with shovels) here he says throwing 25 quid at her go to the bank and throw that on me card. FFS yer man is still on the phone. So I go jesus i am so sorry , Im gonna take her to the bank will you wait , he goes ah ffs shur there could be a huge line in the bank, my fellow workers are looking at me ffs. So he goes look I have a 15 min break now , how about I call you back in 15. ok I said thanks a million , owe you one big time!!1

So picture this me driving like a lunatic , her beside me , never met the girl in my life and her baby on her lap in the front seat heading to the bank

So she goes in and leaves the baby sitting in the front seat, who honest to god by now has most definatly got a shitty nappy starts whinging FML!!! looooooooool

so out she comes , got the money on yer man rings back, bingo all done!!

Tonight she text me saying sky text her there is a problem with the order, so I call sky and ask WTF is going on. they say the tv is all gone through but there is a glitch in the database for broadband and there are too many characters in her name could I please call tomorrow and re do the sale and shorten her name,

IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

What a fucking day lol

However got 3 sales and the boss just text and said he is very impressed with my work for my first week and to enjoy my wine as it is well deserved
                                              Last edited by SatNav; 08-03-13, 21:47.
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Jaysis, just as well stubbornness is a quality that you possess in spades Michelle. It'll serve you well in that job by the sounds of it.

Comment

So made it to London no probs really plane was delayed by about 25 minutes but that was fine as I had a row to myself so I could stretch out, getting to the hotel was handy enough with the tube had HectorJellys tunes banging to keep me occupied.

Could be gout.

Comment

Fair play Michelle, you sicko!
                                                    . .

Comment

fair play, you suited to the job, i would never manage any of that
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                        Holy Jaysus what a day!

Rang the boss today and told him I should be promoted for one particular sale I got! A girl who just moved here looking for A triple play ( happy fucking days) BB, Phone and TV so off I go to meet her and I go through everything with her throwing in a good offer of 6 months tv at half price. So we go through the motions , taking all her details etc and I call sky to set up the sale , she has to pay a 25 quid installation fee by visa debit or whatever CC so she says to me oh I dont think there is anything on the card at this stage I have every detail gone to the other chap on the phone, I cant afford to drop the call as there are 450 working in the call centre otherwise I have to go through the whole thing again with another person on the phone. So I say to her have you got your partners card or could you call him, so she calls him and calls him and fucking calls him he doesnt answer chap on phone is now on the line 30 mins and me trying to have the banter with him keeping him there so he doesnt drop the call.

I say to herself where is himself working and she says on the stradbally road doing road works , grand I say grab the baby ( 13 months old) and sit into my car and ill drive you to him as she doesnt have a car! yer man is still on the phone and I explain what i am doing , he is in stitches and calls me a hungry fucker LOL out loud!
                                                        So we finally get there and find her fella , he pulls out the card and says jaysus I dunno is there anything on the card, Im like OMFG put it through and it declines, I say to her fella give one of the lads 25 quid and use there card, I look at his 2 workmates and fucking knew well no chance ( two ould fellas with shovels) here he says throwing 25 quid at her go to the bank and throw that on me card. FFS yer man is still on the phone. So I go jesus i am so sorry , Im gonna take her to the bank will you wait , he goes ah ffs shur there could be a huge line in the bank, my fellow workers are looking at me ffs. So he goes look I have a 15 min break now , how about I call you back in 15. ok I said thanks a million , owe you one big time!!1

So picture this me driving like a lunatic , her beside me , never met the girl in my life and her baby on her lap in the front seat heading to the bank

So she goes in and leaves the baby sitting in the front seat, who honest to god by now has most definatly got a shitty nappy starts whinging FML!!! looooooooool

Tonight she text me saying sky text her there is a problem with the order, so I call sky and ask WTF is going on. they say the tv is all gone through but there is a glitch in the database for broadband and there are too many characters in her name could I please call tomorrow and re do the sale and shorten her name,

IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

What a fucking day lol

However got 3 sales and the boss just text and said he is very impressed with my work for my first week and to enjoy my wine as it is well deserved
                                                        That's a good idea Michelle but could you have used your own card or your hubby's Husband's
                                                        to do this? WP on your flying start.
                                                        Last edited by gorrrr72; 08-03-13, 22:58. Reason: Needed to man-up my vocabulary

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                          That's a good idea Michelle but could you have used your own card or your hubby's to do this? WP on your flying start.
                                                          I imagine it might be better office policy to not use your own card for such things, that said however, perhaps it would be an idea for you to have one of those prepay type cards that you could top up with cash at any shop with that pay point service. Save you having to worry about going to banks or track down working husbands.
                                                          . .

Comment

That's a good idea Michelle but could you have used your own card or your hubby's to do this? WP on your flying start.
                                                            I only got 4 days pay for the sales course, obv treated my self to a state of the art Ecig and withdrew the rest, would have most certainly used my card, colm has a uk bank account so no point asking him and tbh he would have said no lol
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

No male should ever, ever use the word 'hubby'.

Comment

I only got 4 days pay for the sales course, obv treated my self to a state of the art Ecig and withdrew the rest, would have most certainly used my card, colm has a uk bank account so no point asking him and tbh he would have said no lol
                                                                I heard a story last week from a fella working in a sky store and put something like this on his own card, customer then pulled out of the deal and he ended up getting fired for using his card.

Even before that story I'd stay well clear of using your own card with anything like that. Might not go down well if found out and better lose a sale than the job
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Holy Jaysus what a day!

IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

What a fucking day lol

You're a hungry fucker. I think I may be in love

Comment

I just posted this on the boards satellite forum, just posting here too in case someone has any experience with this issue . . .

Sky RF Outlet (Magic Eye) Channel Interference

I have the Sky World HD package with the 2TB HD+ box. Obviously, with so many channels & available storage, I got the magic eye set up when the sky was installed to get the most value for money.

Well I loved my set up until recently when all of a sudden I appear to get constant interference on the upstairs tv in the evening time. I've researched this online & a lot of forums have suggested changing the RF channel to a lower one & keeping the sound setting at 'I'.

I've worked my way through pretty much all the channels & can't seem to find one that remains uninterrupted for anything more than a day or so. At the risk of driving myself nuts I've ordered a converter type thing to convert coax feed to a HDMI so I can use a direct input to the tv upstairs that doesn't require tuning in. That said I've no idea if it'll work, but it's annoying me that much I thought it was worth a try.

If anyone has encountered this problem or could suggest a fix I'd be really grateful.
                                                                    . .

Comment

Michelle the Rottweiler

Very impressed. Well done.

Comment

Yo Keane if you get the chance you should bookmark Jared Polin aka Fro Know Photo on YouTube his video tutorials are pretty informative/fun and you should pick up a few bits & bobs.
                                                                        I bought a D3100 at the weekend as well and have watched a few of this guys videos and would agree they are very informative.

I am going on safari in May and have a 55-300mm lens as well as the 18-55mm but am only learning this stuff and pretty clueless so if anyone has any advice how to get the best out of the camera I would appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                          Just got around to watching this. Really powerful stuff. Like the real West Wing, with added chaos, threat of violence, and a bit more chaos.
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Local Tweetathon auction on now for Autism Ireland @DEtweetathon. I've been on the wine since 6pm and still in the office. Just bought a poxy sketch for €90. There's a motorbike in one of the lots before midnight. This CANNOT end well..

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              I heard a story last week from a fella working in a sky store and put something like this on his own card, customer then pulled out of the deal and he ended up getting fired for using his card.

Even before that story I'd stay well clear of using your own card with anything like that. Might not go down well if found out and better lose a sale than the job
                                                                              Seems a bit extreme unless he was aware of it being against their rules and he ignored it (probably on more than one occasion).

In Michelle's case she should check with her boss to see if it's frowned upon or downright against the rules and if so then she obviously shouldn't do anything to jeopardize her job.

Comment

Seems a bit extreme unless he was aware of it being against their rules and he ignored it (probably on more than one occasion).

In Michelle's case she should check with her boss to see if it's frowned upon or downright against the rules and if so then she obviously shouldn't do anything to jeopardize her job.
                                                                                yeah i dont know the chap but he definitely worked in sky and put some small payment on his card, which he does regularly and knows your not supposed to but "everyone does it", and when customer pulled out he got the sack.

Obviously if boss says its good its good, but id nearly want it in writing rather than direct boss saying ya go for it. Id assume its against company rules until hearing otherwise
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                  No male should ever, ever use the word 'hubby'.
                                                                                  Noted, and wish to withraw the use of the word "hubby" from the record, jury lurkers please disregard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasher View Post
                                                                                    I bought a D3100 at the weekend as well and have watched a few of this guys videos and would agree they are very informative.

I am going on safari in May and have a 55-300mm lens as well as the 18-55mm but am only learning this stuff and pretty clueless so if anyone has any advice how to get the best out of the camera I would appreciate it.
                                                                                    Little bit of time and practice with some patience and you will slowly build it up, I picked peoples brains watched a lot of tutorials & read bits and pieces and with some trial and error along the way I'm getting the grips of things, still have a bunch of stuff to learn.

If you have any questions/queries will certainly do my best to answer if I can.

Comment

I say to herself where is himself working and she says on the stradbally road doing road works , grand I say grab the baby ( 13 months old) and sit into my car and ill drive you to him as she doesnt have a car!
                                                                                      I was mostly concerned about the taking a stranger in your car as part of a commercial transaction. It's extremely likely that your insurance will be invalid if you had an accident on such a trip.

Sorry for being so negative, but, 'driving like a lunatic' with a stranger holding her baby in the front seat
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                        I was mostly concerned about the taking a stranger in your car as part of a commercial transaction. It's extremely likely that your insurance will be invalid if you had an accident on such a trip.

Sorry for being so negative, but, 'driving like a lunatic' with a stranger holding her baby in the front seat
                                                                                        you are 100% correct , things you do for money

thought about it afterwards .
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

Obv don't listen to Buzz Killington here.

Comment

A girl who just moved here looking for A triple play
                                                                                            The difference a capitalisation can make.

Comment

after my hard work this week , this is what I treated myself to, cant wait for delivery

also waiting on this to cover it

Last edited by SatNav; 08-03-13, 23:47.
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

after my hard work this week , this is what I treated myself to, cant wait for delivery

do you use that in public. I would imagine it looks like some sort of crack pipe/mini bong to people who never seen it
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rasher View Post

Any vids in particular you'd recommend?

Comment

do you use that in public. I would imagine it looks like some sort of crack pipe/mini bong to people who never seen it
                                                                                                    Prob does but I dont care, thats kinda rolls royce of vaping love it!!!
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Holy fucking jaysusballs, what a gig!!!
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                                        Obv don't listen to Buzz Killington here.
                                                                                                        I've been on a lot of sales courses/conferences/meetings over the years and this ABC phrase is used with disturbing regularity.

Comment

Competition on a vaping group on FB for a provari ecig worth around 200 quid. Compo is what would make your perfect mothers day, my story is true and fairly good . Whats the odds on me winning after splashing out a nice few pound already today
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I've been on a lot of sales courses/conferences/meetings over the years and this ABC phrase is used with disturbing regularity.
                                                                                                            I actually remember very little about that shite on the course, I have my own style and its called being friendly and being yourself. it 100% has worked for me all week!
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              Holy fucking jaysusballs, what a gig!!!
                                                                                                              Bieber at the O2 London ???

Comment

Well if you listened the first time you wouldn't have to keep going back

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      Bieber at the O2 London ???
                                                                                                                      I even got him to sign my Bieber Tats
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Watching a re-run of Eng v Argies from '86 on ESPN Classic. Different times football wise, would love to see Maradona playing today to see how he'd get on.

Anyway - David Pleat is some tool on co-commentary.

Tyler - "who decides on the defensive push out for free-kicks?"

Pleat - "the goalkeeper probably, but our English boys don't speak South American so wouldn't know what he is saying"

Also - " I think the coloured boy carrying the stretcher is in on the plot, he's taking too long"

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                                                                                                                          Well if you listened the first time you wouldn't have to keep going back
                                                                                                                          Every Wednesday morning was torture, the manager spouting this BS every week at the sales meeting.....and not in the cool Alec Baldwin type of way.....but in a south Tipp accent (sorry if that offends south Tippirarians) but it's the nut worst motivational accent in Ireland imo.

My opinion of south tippirarian accents in no way reflects the opinion of the managment and owners of Irish Poker Boards and all of it's sponsers and subsidiaries.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X