X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Cheers Mick, didn't know there were that many. Literally valuable info
    No bother depends where u coming from one in Tyrrelstown and Bubbleking land Dunboyne

Comment

Anyone have any experience of attending Gamblers Anonymous and did it help them stop gambling. Just googled and stumbled on this site and thought it would be a good place to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
        I see there is a big fuss being made over the dude in a wheelchair not getting into madison nightclub. Apart from the fact it is probably the joe duffy brigade leading the charge was refusing him admission not the right call based on the fact that there is a stairs and no wheelchair access?
        Is it legal to not have wheelchair access? The nightclub apologised pretty quick and let go of the doorman so issue should have been put to bed then.

Comment

AFAIK/R

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          I see there is a big fuss being made over the dude in a wheelchair not getting into madison nightclub. Apart from the fact it is probably the joe duffy brigade leading the charge was refusing him admission not the right call based on the fact that there is a stairs and no wheelchair access?
          They should be wheelchair accessible or have some letter from safety officer etc excusing them on certain grounds

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          He's actually leading it himself.
          I was kinda on his side at the start of it but the more I think of it, he seems to be a bit of a header.
          I mean, what happens if there was a fire or something?
          Probably means their escape procedures are not up to standard, works for him against them in court AFAIK

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Not on grounds of disability.
          !

Originally posted by RasTa View Post

Can the guy sue them now?
          Probably, and they would probably chuck him €5K or so to stop it going to court.

From what i've seen, getting people into nightclubs who don't have proper access is a mess! Involves security carrying chair/person up stairs as services entrances/lifts are sometimes put down as wheelchair accessible points to buildings

Comment

Originally posted by GamblersAnonymous View Post
            Anyone have any experience of attending Gamblers Anonymous and did it help them stop gambling. Just googled and stumbled on this site and thought it would be a good place to ask.
            Most people here are open about there illness my names mike hi.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
              On exact bubble lol, cracking river

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 800/1,600 Blinds 200 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP1 (t15,173)
              MP2 (t9,737)
              MP3 (t30,617)
              CO (t19,398)
              Hero (Button) (t15,986)
              SB (t29,790)
              BB (t19,228)
              UTG (t29,240)
              UTG+1 (t33,471)

Hero's M: 3.81

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
              5 folds, CO bets t3,200, Hero raises to t15,786 (All-In), 1 fold, BB calls t14,186, CO raises to t19,198 (All-In), BB calls t3,242 (All-In)

Flop: (t56,442) 3, 4, 6 (3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: (t56,442) 3 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: (t56,442) J (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: t56,442

Results below:
              Hero had J, J (full house, Jacks over threes).
              BB had 4, 4 (full house, fours over threes).
              CO had A, Q (one pair, threes).
              Outcome: Hero won t49,958, BB won t6,484

i'll see you on the FT

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                i'll see you on the FT
                lol just saw you there a couple of spots behind me. glgl

Comment

I'm off to bed..................Zzzzzzz nite all!

Was the walking dead good ? might throw it on the S3
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

wont be at the ft now anyways ste had QQ<JJ for 900k have 64k left lol

glgl

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                      I'm off to bed..................Zzzzzzz nite all!

Was the walking dead good ? might throw it on the S3
                      latest episode

SPOILER
                      I have no idea i dont watch it. but why would ya look at a spoiler before ya have seen it anyway
                      airport, lol

Comment

lol just saw you there a couple of spots behind me. glgl
                        was railing ye there, why is the best hand winning all the time?
                        airport, lol

Comment

I am not aware of anyone on this site who has confessed to using GA, and if they had it would be a bad thing to be involved in a poker/gambling discussion site.

I also have no personal experience with it, but if you think that is something you need to avail of, then it is probably a good idea if things have got to the point where you need help to stop gambling. Give it a go anyhow I'd say if you are serious about it, they are far more qualified to help and give information than anyone here.

Comment

Jude Ainsworth on the EPT London live stream if anyones bored. Some big names on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              latest episode

SPOILER
                              I have no idea i dont watch it. but why would ya look at a spoiler before ya have seen it anyway
                              I was just about to type , I dont want to open that spoiler but it opened in quote ffs lol thank fuck you didnt give anything away!
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                LOL the LAW is like RTE, an Equal Opportunities Employer, thay don't care if it was your Father or your Mother who was already riding the gravy train.

No, I'd actively discourage them. Even if their motives and intentions were good there are no judges or SC's in the family so they would have miniscule chance of both earning a living and staying honest
                                So fucking insulting.
                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

wont be at the ft now anyways ste had QQ<JJ for 900k have 64k left lol

glgl
                                  ye just saw you drop to last there, didnt know what happened. You concentrate on them bigger tourns now

was railing ye there, why is the best hand winning all the time?
                                  It's pretty unsettling alright.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                      I was just about to type , I dont want to open that spoiler but it opened in quote ffs lol thank fuck you didnt give anything away!
                                      I'll give you a proper spoiler for TWD

SPOILER
                                      The ep could have been condensed into 2 mins at the start and we could have next weeks one right now which should be good!! Such an annoying show

Comment

ye just saw you drop to last there, didnt know what happened. You concentrate on them bigger tourns now

It's pretty unsettling alright.
                                        jsut the big 55 left for the day now w/14 biebers

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                            They should be wheelchair accessible or have some letter from safety officer etc excusing them on certain grounds
                                            This may be wrong.
                                            Accessibility regulations only apply to new buildings or significant modifications to existing buildings. The regs change all the time and it would be silly to expect every old building to upgrade everytime. There's plenty of old buildings without lifts. People jumping on the disabled access bandwagon need to stop and think about the reality of older buildings for a bit.

Of course if its a new building, with a DAC it's a different story, but I imagine its not. (Anybody clarify?)

Probably means their escape procedures are not up to standard, works for him against them in court AFAIK
                                            1) you don't need to have wheel escape measures in a place where wheelchairs can't access.
                                            2) the correct escape for wheelchair users is to park by the stair and be carried by somebody (as lifts are not safe) so technically they could of done that.

From various versions I've heard it was pretty reasonable to not let him in. Whether there's a court case or not wild depend on how the bouncer handled the situation.
                                            Ironically, that bouncer was dismissed and he might have a case against the nightclub if he was just doing his job.
                                            Last edited by Mellor; 11-03-13, 22:01.

Comment

jsut the big 55 left for the day now w/14 biebers
                                              oh fuck is that a phrase now?!
                                              airport, lol

Comment

I got that Justin Bieber please believe me....

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                  Just don't get raisins. Fck right off raisins.
                                                  You'll be dissing currants next

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I like raisins. Much prefer them to the other dried fruit you get in dried fruit type mixes.

In unrelated stuff, I read Enders Game over the last few days. Short book but good read. Will be interesting to see what the film of it will be like later in the year. I'd guess the computer elements of it will be souped up from the book descriptions anyhow.

SPOILER

Half the book seemed like a lord of the flies crossed with quaser playing in space. Interesting concept though with how the last 1/3 of the book played out though.

Must start on the next book in the series at some point.

Comment

nah not really..

Comment

nah not really..
                                                        20 biebers myself, this will take off

Comment

I'll give you a proper spoiler for TWD

SPOILER
                                                          The ep could have been condensed into 2 mins at the start and we could have next weeks one right now which should be good!! Such an annoying show
                                                          You are the angriest serial tv watcher in the world.

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                            You are the angriest serial tv watcher in the world.

Where can I subscribe to your newsletter?
                                                            www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts

Comment

nice one ste hurry up and win i need to sleep
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

SPOILER

PokerStars Hand #95392733423: Tournament #701183696, $4.00+$0.40 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXXIX (25000/50000) - 2013/03/11 22:24:31 WET [2013/03/11 18:24:31 ET]
                                                                Table '701183696 73' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
                                                                Seat 2: marra1991 (512036 in chips)
                                                                Seat 4: Budhabrother (345340 in chips)
                                                                Seat 5: andersmenx (448174 in chips)
                                                                Seat 6: stebar81 (527378 in chips)
                                                                Seat 8: badugi4life (1934670 in chips)
                                                                marra1991: posts the ante 6250
                                                                Budhabrother: posts the ante 6250
                                                                andersmenx: posts the ante 6250
                                                                stebar81: posts the ante 6250
                                                                badugi4life: posts the ante 6250
                                                                andersmenx: posts small blind 25000
                                                                stebar81: posts big blind 50000
                                                                *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                Dealt to stebar81 [4c 4d]
                                                                badugi4life: raises 1878420 to 1928420 and is all-in
                                                                marra1991: folds
                                                                Budhabrother: folds
                                                                andersmenx: folds
                                                                stebar81: calls 471128 and is all-in
                                                                Uncalled bet (1407292) returned to badugi4life
                                                                *** FLOP *** [Kc 3c Kh]
                                                                *** TURN *** [Kc 3c Kh] [Kd]
                                                                *** RIVER *** [Kc 3c Kh Kd] [Qh]
                                                                *** SHOW DOWN ***
                                                                stebar81: shows [4c 4d] (a full house, Kings full of Fours)
                                                                badugi4life: shows [4h Ac] (three of a kind, Kings)
                                                                stebar81 collected 1098506 from pot
                                                                *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                Total pot 1098506 | Rake 0
                                                                Board [Kc 3c Kh Kd Qh]
                                                                Seat 2: marra1991 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                Seat 4: Budhabrother (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                Seat 5: andersmenx (small blind) folded before Flop
                                                                Seat 6: stebar81 (big blind) showed [4c 4d] and won (1098506) with a full house, Kings full of Fours
                                                                Seat 8: badugi4life showed [4h Ac] and lost with three of a kind, Kings
                                                                Last edited by ghostface; 11-03-13, 22:29.

Comment

nice one ste hurry up and win i need to sleep
                                                                  you can go to sleep now nice to make a FT

Comment

gg ste ul there

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                      So fucking insulting.
                                                                      Yea sure reality stinks, I expressed what I and almost everyone I know feels. As I said I do have huge respect for the significant minority who are on the level.

I'd have been more interested in your thoughts about the numbers dropping out of the game and how it relates to the underlying causes of the property boom
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Just don't get raisins. There was a time decades ago when they made sense, but why are they still around? They ruin those dried fruit mixes as every second piece of dried fruit is a raisin. Not a chance that's a reaction to consumer demand. So then you're left with either having to take them out, which seems a highly childlike behaviour, or eat them all first so you only have the good dried fruit left.

A few years ago I launched a campaign on here to have pepper removed from its undue exalted status as equivalent to salt on the kitchen table due to historical lack of options and inertia. The rise of paprika usage in the Irish household in the subsequent years can be no mere co-incidence.

Now its time to move the distaste campaign on to raisins. Fck off raisins, you manky overused-because-you-are-cheap relic of a time when grapes couldn't be shipped overseas. Nobody wants you. Nobody would ever select you from a fruit pix-n-mix to put in their goodie bag. Fck right off raisins.
                                                                        This post is bollocks to be fair. Raisins are tasty for one and very useful
                                                                        Pepper is used in almost every meal.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                          Pepper is used in almost every meal.
                                                                          In fairness, I think he meant white pepper in a shaker thingy. Once you go black, you never go back
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Do people not realise how silly it is to argue about tastes of/in things.

Comment

Been a dramatic improvement in pepper the last few years.
                                                                              Its no longer just the basic little Saxa tub with the flavour ground out, plenty of large jars with 7 or 8 different tasty varieties mixed inside.

Comment

Excellent MTV documentary following Conor McGregor, Dublin based MMA fighter. Conor is a double division Cage Warriors champ and recently signed to the UFC flyweight division. Great insight to the mentality of him as a fighter.

Localize / Custom. Try to keep it under 250 characters and include episode content.

Less serious is his appearance on the MMA hour. Very funny introduction to the worldwide media here. If he keeps this charisma up, along with a series of wins he'll be a star.

One of the sport's more colorful characters, Conor McGregor told Ariel Helwani on Monday's 'The MMA Hour' he plans to use his exploits in the cage to force the UFC's hand in returning to his home country of Ireland.

Comment

What's the magic word to make the pokerplumber guy appear?

Seems like my heating timer thing is dead and can't heat the fecking water in the place now. Timer yoke is a Grasslin qe7+, seems to be a common yoke used in apartment blocks. Anyone know ought about them or any idea how much it would cost to get checked out. Prob an electrician job now I think of it

Comment

I'd have been more interested in your thoughts about the numbers dropping out of the game and how it relates to the underlying causes of the property boom
                                                                                    I am just sick and tired of my integrity being questioned when I take my duties and ethics extremely seriously as do almost every colleague I know. Of course there are utter charlatans but that's not the majority at all despite what you feel.

People are dropping out in huge numbers for all sorts of reasons. It's somewhat over supplied given each new year has enough work for maybe 15-20 new people while 140 new members come down each year on average.

The lack of security and lack of pension are huge issues. Genuinely HUGE. You're a really highly qualified professional who for 5-7 years has no idea if they'll earn enough money to survive. I know people who work weekend jobs and evening jobs to get by. For the youngest members the property bust hasn't been an issue and, if anything, has created some small work for junior members in defending cases.

Comment

Legendary acting coach JA,N ("Just Act, Naturally") teaches a master class dedicated to the most important performance of an actor's career: the Emmy Awards ...

Comment

...

Comment

Reading boss McDermott got the sack.

Reading getting relegated obv.
                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I am just sick and tired of my integrity being questioned when I take my duties and ethics extremely seriously as do almost every colleague I know. Of course there are utter charlatans but that's not the majority at all despite what you feel.

People are dropping out in huge numbers for all sorts of reasons. It's somewhat over supplied given each new year has enough work for maybe 15-20 new people while 140 new members come down each year on average.

The lack of security and lack of pension are huge issues. Genuinely HUGE. You're a really highly qualified professional who for 5-7 years has no idea if they'll earn enough money to survive. I know people who work weekend jobs and evening jobs to get by. For the youngest members the property bust hasn't been an issue and, if anything, has created some small work for junior members in defending cases.
                                                                                            Pre flop you what your getting yourself into as regards security and lack of pension.

Nurses know they will work nights and have a tough job.

Prison officers know they will be surrounded by crooks and general low lifes.

If you dont want these issues dont go into the chosen profession simple dont whinge when the realitys of it come home too roost.

Solicitors are right up there along with estate agents property developers and bribed politicans and council members and bankers who profited hugely from the false boom we had.

Not one scrap of pity will they have.

How much did the barristers make on the bloody tribunals and many other scams of court cases like bogus asylum seekers and free legal aid for scum bags with umpteen convictions too.

Comment

Isn't that the same for all self employed people?
                                                                                              Is there any feeling that there will be significant changes to the way the whole circus works regarding employment and tenure in the forthcoming reforms?

Comment

Fwiw Keith i do believe your an honourable gent who loves the law and have given some great advice and info here on legal matters.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                  Not one scrap of pity.
                                                                                                  I wasn't playing the poor mouth, I was answering a question about why so many drop out. I just stated some of the reasons.

Comment

You should have presented Countdown Kayroo.

Comment

I wasn't playing the poor mouth, I was answering a question about why so many drop out. I just stated some of the reasons.
                                                                                                      Ya sorry have relatives and family members in professions and all they do is whinge when they know what was ahead of them.

Is law like a long apprenticeship get flogged for years for damn all cash and the cream rises and cleans up in later life?

Comment

Isn't that the same for all self employed people?
                                                                                                        Is there any feeling that there will be significant changes to the way the whole circus works regarding employment and tenure in the forthcoming reforms?
                                                                                                        Oh of course it's the same for all self employed people. Just sometimes people think we are employed by the State. I've never done a stitch of legal work for the State.

No idea how the reforms will change things to be honest. Depends what version of the Bill ends up being enacted and what the large commercial firms and clients decide to do.

Comment

...

Comment

Ya sorry have relatives and family members in professions and all they do is whinge when they know what was ahead of them.

Is law like a long apprenticeship get flogged for years for damn all cash and the cream rises and cleans up in later life?
                                                                                                            No not really. Depends what you do. Some areas of specialization are lucrative obviously but others really aren't. Your early years are horrifically uncertain but nobody enters it with their eyes closed. Anyone who does really doesn't belong anyway. It's a place of harsh realities in many ways and naivety isn't a positive trait

Comment

I worked with a Social Welfare Inspector who was a qualified barrister... she dropped out of her course to take the job, and finished off the course at night and juggled the day job along with court work for years - taking unpaid/annual leave for court and a lot of it was pro-bono. I heard recently that she is now working full time as barrister; but it took her years to get established before she could afford to ditch the civil service job.

My friend shared a flat with a trainee barrister years ago; the girl could barely her rent or her bills some months and often had to take up cleaning jobs in order to eat! She ended up one of the drop outs... Got married and gave it all up to be a stay at home mum.

Anyone who goes down this route have to be truly devoted to the job - it's not a career to make money, its a vocation... Only the lucky, select few will come out on top, possibly getting elected to be a judge - really hope you are one of them Kayroo!

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                                                                                                                I worked with a Social Welfare Inspector who was a qualified barrister... she dropped out of her course to take the job, and finished off the course at night and juggled the day job along with court work for years - taking unpaid/annual leave for court and a lot of it was pro-bono. I heard recently that she is now working full time as barrister; but it took her years to get established before she could afford to ditch the civil service job.

My friend shared a flat with a trainee barrister years ago; the girl could barely her rent or her bills some months and often had to take up cleaning jobs in order to eat! She ended up one of the drop outs... Got married and gave it all up to be a stay at home mum.

Anyone who goes down this route have to be truly devoted to the job - it's not a career to make money, its a vocation... Only the lucky, select few will come out on top, possibly getting elected to be a judge - really hope you are one of them Kayroo!
                                                                                                                Vocation me hole have not heard of any barristers working for nothing and giving there massive wages to charity.
                                                                                                                Seeing some of the judges and there sentencing some amount of mongs in that profession too.

Comment

I just made a "Super Heinz" bet on Cheltenham. I don't even know what a super heinz is. Nor do I know one end of a horse from another. And I'm your best bet for advice here. Run. Run quite fast.

Could be google. There's been a few threads about people wanting to stop gambling. Maybe if you were searching in Ireland google might pop up this website.
                                                                                                                  I tried this. Did what one might reasonably Google to get here to come up, and even given Google's recognition that I go to this site all the time I still couldn't get this site to show up in the first pages of rankings. [Suspicious hippo .jpg]

Comment

Vocation me hole have not heard of any barristers working for nothing and giving there massive wages to charity.
                                                                                                                    Seeing some of the judges and there sentencing some amount of mongs in that profession too.
                                                                                                                    Step inside the family law courts... majority of those barristers get feck all. If you are awarded legal aid your barristers/solicitors get a once off payment (approx €1300) regardless if they are dealing with an open/close case or a case that can drag on for MONTHS. The rest of us plebs who don't qualify for Legal Aid will fork out €900-1300 per court appearance.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Electra Blue; 12-03-13, 00:19. Reason: figures

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                                                                                                                      Only the lucky, select few will come out on top, possibly getting elected to be a judge - really hope you are one of them Kayroo!
                                                                                                                      While Judges' salaries are pretty good if you really are a successful barrister you wouldn't want to become one.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                        While Judges' salaries are pretty good if you really are a successful barrister you wouldn't want to become one.
                                                                                                                        Maybe... but when you weigh up the judicial pensions that come with it, it is very attractive .

Comment

Just don't get raisins. There was a time decades ago when they made sense, but why are they still around? They ruin those dried fruit mixes as every second piece of dried fruit is a raisin. Not a chance that's a reaction to consumer demand. So then you're left with either having to take them out, which seems a highly childlike behaviour, or eat them all first so you only have the good dried fruit left.

A few years ago I launched a campaign on here to have pepper removed from its undue exalted status as equivalent to salt on the kitchen table due to historical lack of options and inertia. The rise of paprika usage in the Irish household in the subsequent years can be no mere co-incidence.

Now its time to move the distaste campaign on to raisins. Fck off raisins, you manky overused-because-you-are-cheap relic of a time when grapes couldn't be shipped overseas. Nobody wants you. Nobody would ever select you from a fruit pix-n-mix to put in their goodie bag. Fck right off raisins.
                                                                                                                          I think you're taking a genuine complaint in raisins ruining certain mixes and using the obvious outrage it will create to sneak in your anti pepper agenda in an attempt to package them as the same issue. I see right through that sinister attempt at manipulation and I'm not having it one bit. Obv not for every single meal, but pepper is essential at any respectable table.
                                                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X