X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
    He is technically correct.. the best kind of correct

Spill!!
    I'll tell the GAB driving into East Wall story some day.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Found one! Nom nom nom.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Hand from the 20r last night

Prima No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (6 handed) - Prima Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP (t3,000)
        CO (t6,150)
        Hero (Button) (t2,930)
        SB (t6,080)
        BB (t5,840)
        UTG (t3,000)

Hero's M: 97.67

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, K
        1 fold, MP calls t20, 1 fold, Hero bets t70, SB raises t300, 2 folds, Hero calls t240

Flop: (t660) K, A, 8 (2 players)
        SB bets t330, Hero calls t330

Turn: (t1,320) 8 (2 players)
        SB checks, Hero checks

River: (t1,320) K (2 players)
        SB bets t1,320, Hero raises t2,290 (All-In), SB calls t970

Total pot: t5,900

Results below:
        Hero had K, K (four of a kind, Kings).
        SB had A, A (full house, Aces over Kings).
        Outcome: Hero won t5,900

Comment

am in bits. bud, jaegarbombs, captain morgan and moet do not mix well!!!

flashbacks of hugging and kissing and sqeezing RD, GAB and Sickpuppy !!

Back home in bed with an awful dose of DTs
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Could someone please point me in the direction of the steps to remove the shitty program that underlines certain words on here. Thanks

Comment

If you go into your chrome menu -> tools -> extensions -> it should be listed in there and just delete it (cant remember the name of the programme) and you are good to go

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                lol that was brilliant
                Thanks very much Im finding that people seem to like when I just do Live comms over a game that Im generally shite at because it's more entertaining than when I try and do serious commentaries. So if that's my niche I guess that's my niche and I'll just go with that. It also helps to pick games that are popular but don't have that many vids on YT so CS is a decent example of that I feel and ther'e a good bit of action going on to keep people interested

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                Must add you on steam and set up a couple of games. What spec is your rig?
                yeah no problem add me whenever - just be aware you will have to carry my ass

specs are as follows - its a decent entry - mid level PC but there is definitely room for improvement if funds wernt an issue

GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 MOTHERBOARD
                Msi ati hd 7750 2gb graphics card
                case:black ORION midi tower with blue led fans
                500w PSU
                AMD FX 4100 QUAD CORE BLACK EDITION CPU UNLOCKED
                Processor speed: 3. 60 ghz
                500GB SATA HARD DRIVE
                7GB DDR3 1600MHZ FAST MEMORY (16GB MAX)
                24 X SATA DVDRW WRITER

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                  Thanks very much Im finding that people seem to like when I just do Live comms over a game that Im generally shite at because it's more entertaining than when I try and do serious commentaries. So if that's my niche I guess that's my niche and I'll just go with that. It also helps to pick games that are popular but don't have that many vids on YT so CS is a decent example of that I feel and ther'e a good bit of action going on to keep people interested

yeah no problem add me whenever - just be aware you will have to carry my ass

specs are as follows - its a decent entry - mid level PC but there is definitely room for improvement if funds wernt an issue

GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3 MOTHERBOARD
                  Msi ati hd 7750 2gb graphics card
                  case:black ORION midi tower with blue led fans
                  500w PSU
                  AMD FX 4100 QUAD CORE BLACK EDITION CPU UNLOCKED
                  Processor speed: 3. 60 ghz
                  500GB SATA HARD DRIVE
                  7GB DDR3 1600MHZ FAST MEMORY (16GB MAX)
                  24 X SATA DVDRW WRITER
                  Decent rig for 400 quid to get you going. Have you got bf3 yet? No comparison to the console with 64 player maps. I'm pretty shit for the time considering the amount of time I put in. I'll be putting in serious hours over the next month before hard GAA training really kicks in. Our senior c'ship doesn't start until July.

Also did you build the PC or get it done for you? Hardwareversand charges a fiver these days so its a no brainer in getting them to do for you.

Comment

the follow on from my best vid to date (views wise)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C73OvNbpKQ
                    Hey BK. Biggest mistake you're making is trying to run and gun too much. Your aim is terrible while you are moving in this game, and for a half second after you stop. This is represented by the size of your crosshair. Try to stop, fire a burst, move, stop, then fire another burst. Practice keeping your crosshair on the target's head while you move so that you just have to press shoot when you've stopped enough to have good enough aim. The amount of time you need to wait is based on the distance to the target. You'll get used to it, just try to pay as much attention as possible to the size of your crosshair.

The kill you got at 10:25 was pretty much the textbook correct way to do it. You only need to spray when you are much closer in. The death where you came through the middle doors, unloaded on the guy and hit nothing but air was a classic example of the wrong way. You should be stopping as soon as you come through the doors so that you can cleanly shoot whatever's on the other side. If you are moving full speed like that, there's a very good chance you will miss every single bullet.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                      Decent rig for 400 quid to get you going. Have you got bf3 yet? No comparison to the console with 64 player maps. I'm pretty shit for the time considering the amount of time I put in. I'll be putting in serious hours over the next month before hard GAA training really kicks in. Our senior c'ship doesn't start until July.

Also did you build the PC or get it done for you? Hardwareversand charges a fiver these days so its a no brainer in getting them to do for you.
                      I havn't got BF3 yet - its on the to do list after exams though

In relation to the PC I bought the casing and the motherboard seperate with the RAM and I bought the other components online in various places and got my mate to help me put it together - some buzz when you turn it on and it actually works

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                        Hey BK. Biggest mistake you're making is trying to run and gun too much. Your aim is terrible while you are moving in this game, and for a half second after you stop. This is represented by the size of your crosshair. Try to stop, fire a burst, move, stop, then fire another burst. Practice keeping your crosshair on the target's head while you move so that you just have to press shoot when you've stopped enough to have good enough aim. The amount of time you need to wait is based on the distance to the target. You'll get used to it, just try to pay as much attention as possible to the size of your crosshair.

The kill you got at 10:25 was pretty much the textbook correct way to do it. You only need to spray when you are much closer in. The death where you came through the middle doors, unloaded on the guy and hit nothing but air was a classic example of the wrong way. You should be stopping as soon as you come through the doors so that you can cleanly shoot whatever's on the other side. If you are moving full speed like that, there's a very good chance you will miss every single bullet.
                        Thanks for that andy - yeah Im finding that my many years on console particularly playing cod has ruined me a bit. I just expect to be able to run full speed do a 360 no scope (this has never happened) and keep going. The whole idea of stopping hasnt occured to me yet but I am slowly coming around to it - I think thats why Im better with the sniper rifles as you pretty much have to be stopped to use them. Going to give competitive play a bash next weekend and see how I get on

Comment

hitch I think mentioned something about watching BBC iplayer?

link please
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Thanks for that andy - yeah Im finding that my many years on console particularly playing cod has ruined me a bit. I just expect to be able to run full speed do a 360 no scope (this has never happened) and keep going. The whole idea of stopping hasnt occured to me yet but I am slowly coming around to it - I think thats why Im better with the sniper rifles as you pretty much have to be stopped to use them. Going to give competitive play a bash next weekend and see how I get on
                            Yeah there's a lot more depth to the basic play than most other FPSes. That's why console FPSes and CoD in particular were always lol to me. They just felt like CS but with all the skill removed.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

When SatNav met SICKPUPPY.

SPOILER

Comment

Fantastic tennis final on Sky Sports 1.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

In this special one-hour documentary we enter the bizarre high stakes world of professional gambling as we trail Ireland's hottest young card slinger John O'...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                    Hey I know that guy

Comment

Ha I like how it showed a clip of the champions league final. I remember a lot of people having the absolute case loots on United to lose that game. Must have been very mixed emotions for united fans

Comment

Ha I like how it showed a clip of the champions league final. I remember a lot of people having the absolute case loots on United to lose that game. Must have been very mixed emotions for united fans
                                        Fairly sure it's last years game.

Comment

Winter is coming.

Comment

very quiet around here!!!
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Anyone watching 'Vikings'? trailer looks good.

History Channel series "VIKINGS" follows Ragnar Lothbrok and the gripping sagas of Ragnar's Viking crew as he struggles to become 'king' of Denmark. Subscrib...
                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

That shot center thing in the studio for the golf looks like great craic.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                  Anyone watching 'Vikings'? trailer looks good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cg_5UVL3fs
                                                  A guy I know is in it. I haven't watched any of it yet though.

Comment

Di Canio in as Sunderland boss

Comment

@BubbleKing. Apparently the HSE policy of reducing consultants wages as demanded by the Joe Duffy public is backfiring with positions left unfilled as prospective candidates choose to work abroad or in other fields.

After Hours is up in arms at the temerity of them, with some wonderful logic on display. You might enjoy.
                                                      First of all I bear no resent towards people in the medical profession, I know several and they have put everything into their academic performance from a very young age.

Comment

anyone seen this? :

Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                          When SatNav met SICKPUPPY.

SPOILER

Comment

This is class - Tectonic plate gap between Europe and North America - the small gap between the two Continents:

Comment

2 CV questions that I'm hoping the BBV can help me with:

1. Is it ok to put future work on a CV? Specifically I have an internship lined up for the summer that may or may not turn into a full-time job. If I'm applying to companies for September starts, can I put this on my CV now or does it look ridiculous?

2. Is there any risk in talking up charity work I've done on a CV? I'm worred that it will look like I only did the volunteering for CV gardening purposes but at the same time I think I learned some transferrable skills while volunteering and I'd like to demonstrate this.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                @BubbleKing. Apparently the HSE policy of reducing consultants wages as demanded by the Joe Duffy public is backfiring with positions left unfilled as prospective candidates choose to work abroad or in other fields.

After Hours is up in arms at the temerity of them, with some wonderful logic on display. You might enjoy.
                                                                http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056915236
                                                                must resist clicking that link as I have finals next week

must resist

must resist

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                                  2 CV questions that I'm hoping the BBV can help me with:

1. Is it ok to put future work on a CV? Specifically I have an internship lined up for the summer that may or may not turn into a full-time job. If I'm applying to companies for September starts, can I put this on my CV now or does it look ridiculous?

2. Is there any risk in talking up charity work I've done on a CV? I'm worred that it will look like I only did the volunteering for CV gardening purposes but at the same time I think I learned some transferrable skills while volunteering and I'd like to demonstrate this.

Cheers!
                                                                  1 is a strange one, if the job is in any way related I'd put it on as you will have relevant experience come start date, if not I'm not sure I would as it'd make you look very undecided re your future career
                                                                  2 No, very standard even if it was done for CV purposes. Good thing to talk about in interview

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                    That shot center thing in the studio for the golf looks like great craic.
                                                                    Never thought I'd see how to hit a sh@nk on there. Wonder how accurate the system is?
                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2056915236
                                                                      I couldnt resist

Thread is a mess from start to finish. I forgot how begrudging the Joe Duffy Brigade can be. The HSE were told this would happen but they didnt listen. Reap what you sew etc

Comment

I couldnt resist

Thread is a mess from start to finish. I forgot how begrudging the Joe Duffy Brigade can be. The HSE were told this would happen but they didnt listen. Reap what you sew etc
                                                                        You rip what you sew,
                                                                        You reap what you sow!

Do you ever think you'll be working abroad rather than at home BK?
                                                                        like, would you feel you 'owe it' to the system to work here?
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                Probably wrong to answer on his behalf. But that would be a yes, and no
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

You rip what you sew,
                                                                                  You reap what you sow!

Interesting point

If I do end up working here its because I like Ireland and thats the only reason! Granted I got an excellent education but I dont really feel any obligation. That might change when the HSE gets scrapped and a new system put in place

Comment

Does anyone play League of Legends? Getting into it a bit recently and have watched a few championship matches streamed live; it's actually quite interesting to watch if you're a gamer and the commentators do a good job of ramping up the excitement! Might record a few of my games and upload them to my Youtube channel at some stage.

Also, anyone looking for a job?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                      Does anyone play League of Legends? Getting into it a bit recently and have watched a few championship matches streamed live; it's actually quite interesting to watch if you're a gamer and the commentators do a good job of ramping up the excitement! Might record a few of my games and upload them to my Youtube channel at some stage.

Also, anyone looking for a job?
                                                                                      Please do!

Ive been avoiding it myself for fear of mega addiction

Comment

That's how I feel about Minecraft, though your Croke Park project is giving me the idea of sinking countless pointless hours into a similiar, though less ambitious, Tolka Park project.

Also ship the potential new apartment tonight, just have to wait on our references to check out which shouldn't be an issue. Second story apartment right in the heart of Toronto (basically walking distance to most things) with a huge patio and a class view of downtown that's literally a minute and a half walk away from the subway station, delighted with it if it pans out
                                                                                        Last edited by Sledgejammer; 01-04-13, 00:09.
                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I don't know wether to laugh or cry about the latest tweak at SoundCloud...

"The drop in a track can be unpredictable and surprising. Some of you have even told us that you find it unsettling, not knowing when to expect that sense of overwhelming euphoria. Inspired by your feedback, we’ve invented the Dropometer.

"Using a unique algorithm (patent pending), the Dropometer is designed to help you prepare yourself for the big moment, whether that means getting in the mental space where you can really break it down, or fixing yourself a fortifying snack.

"While we first innovated the Dropometer around dubstep, we’ve identified broad utility for this new functionality across all genres. Look to the Dropometer to find out when to expect a key crescendo in a 17th-century symphony or the emotional climax in an episode of This American Life."

Comment

Cry, but then laugh, manically.
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

"The drop in a track can be unpredictable and surprising. Some of you have even told us that you find it unsettling, not knowing when to expect that sense of overwhelming euphoria. Inspired by your feedback, we’ve invented the Dropometer.

"Using a unique algorithm (patent pending), the Dropometer is designed to help you prepare yourself for the big moment, whether that means getting in the mental space where you can really break it down, or fixing yourself a fortifying snack.

"While we first innovated the Dropometer around dubstep, we’ve identified broad utility for this new functionality across all genres. Look to the Dropometer to find out when to expect a key crescendo in a 17th-century symphony or the emotional climax in an episode of This American Life."
                                                                                              Seems a foolish idea.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Hover your mouse over the clock and see what date it is

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                    am in bits. bud, jaegarbombs, captain morgan and moet do not mix well!!!

flashbacks of hugging and kissing and sqeezing RD, GAB and Sickpuppy !!

Back home in bed with an awful dose of DTs
                                                                                                    Da trots?

Cry, but then laugh, manically.
                                                                                                    Well. Did ya have any easter eggs?
                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I hate holidays but I love drinking on a Sunday night.
                                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

6th in FTOPS ME for $74k! Sick not to win one more all in although fair to say I won enough of them already

Full Tilt Poker Game #32413630466: FTOPS Main Event (248346997), Table 316 - 60K/120K Ante 15000 - No Limit Hold'em - 07:54:44 WET - 2013/04/01 [02:54:44 ET - 2013/04/01]
                                                                                                        Seat 1: anguila (7,797,960)
                                                                                                        Seat 2: feel fine (2,422,623)
                                                                                                        Seat 3: mrwhatFISH (4,285,267)
                                                                                                        Seat 4: RLOG (5,443,483)
                                                                                                        Seat 5: ydere (6,769,707)
                                                                                                        Seat 7: Creachadoir (678,460)
                                                                                                        anguila antes 15,000
                                                                                                        feel fine antes 15,000
                                                                                                        mrwhatFISH antes 15,000
                                                                                                        RLOG antes 15,000
                                                                                                        ydere antes 15,000
                                                                                                        Creachadoir antes 15,000
                                                                                                        anguila posts the small blind of 60,000
                                                                                                        feel fine posts the big blind of 120,000
                                                                                                        The button is in seat #7
                                                                                                        *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                                        Dealt to Creachadoir [9d Tc]
                                                                                                        mrwhatFISH folds
                                                                                                        RLOG folds
                                                                                                        ydere folds
                                                                                                        Creachadoir raises to 663,460, and is all in
                                                                                                        anguila folds
                                                                                                        feel fine calls 543,460
                                                                                                        Creachadoir shows [9d Tc]
                                                                                                        feel fine shows [6c 9s]
                                                                                                        *** FLOP *** [9h Kc 2d] (Total Pot: 1,476,920, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
                                                                                                        *** TURN *** [9h Kc 2d] [8s] (Total Pot: 1,476,920, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
                                                                                                        *** RIVER *** [9h Kc 2d 8s] [6d] (Total Pot: 1,476,920, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
                                                                                                        Creachadoir shows a pair of Nines
                                                                                                        feel fine shows two pair, Nines and Sixes
                                                                                                        feel fine wins the pot (1,476,920) with two pair, Nines and Sixes
                                                                                                        *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                                                        Total pot 1,476,920 | Rake 0
                                                                                                        Board: [9h Kc 2d 8s 6d]
                                                                                                        Seat 1: anguila (small blind) folded before the Flop
                                                                                                        Seat 2: feel fine (big blind) showed [6c 9s] and won (1,476,920) with two pair, Nines and Sixes
                                                                                                        Seat 3: mrwhatFISH folded before the Flop
                                                                                                        Seat 4: RLOG folded before the Flop
                                                                                                        Seat 5: ydere folded before the Flop
                                                                                                        Seat 7: Creachadoir (button) showed [9d Tc] and lost with a pair of Nines

Comment

They remade Evil Dead. Don't know what to think, but it looks decent and true to the originals.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                            They remade Evil Dead. Don't know what to think, but it looks decent and true to the originals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvDLWlxxcak
                                                                                                            No Bruce Campbell = not a proper Evil Dead movie
                                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                              No Bruce Campbell = not a proper Evil Dead movie
                                                                                                              Maybe a one handed cameo

Comment

Always worth a link on 1st April good times

Comment

Rooney not in Utd squad, RVP on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                    Rooney not in Utd squad, RVP on the bench
                                                                                                                    Good time to get with United after big drift, still a pretty strong lineup.

Home fans will get on Rafa's back very early if things are going wrong, has to be a negative for their chances.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      Always worth a link on 1st April good times
                                                                                                                      Except that wasn't a joke.
                                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Has anyone got any ideas how I can watch the stream on itv player, they need a postcode??

Comment

Oscar may do first touches better than anyone this league has seen. Every time he buys himself so much time no matter how tight a space he's in initially.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X