Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    so hitting a 59 and winning a PGA tourny signals the end. ace can i use it ->
    Anybody can have a great week like Tom Watson showed at the British Open last year.

I'm talking about majors here by the way not a course where a 5 handicapper would have a good shot at shooting level par.

Edit to add in, Appleby has missed 11 cuts this year.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
      Willie in fairness, your picking an isolated result here. EE does have a bit of a point.
      yeah I was being selective. hmmm So was he don't you think. Couples ?

Comment

Go on now Kaymer....hold...hold

Comment

Butch Harmon must be fairly sick of his pupils shooting in the 80s when holding the 54 hole lead in a major, not sure Tiger ever did that

Comment

come on Rory .

I've said it before, I love Bubba 'Happy Gilmore' Watson. legend.

Comment

Rory fav on the machine

Comment

Damn.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                  The USPGA British open you say

well then:

0.5 pts ew John Daly 350/1
                  0.5 pts ew Chris Wood 150/1

0.5 pts ew Bubba Watson 125/1

+
                  3pts ew Stricker 25/1
                  not really a links player but most inform over season and a local(ish) so
                  He is due a run in a major and id be shocked(distraught) if not sniffing around top 6 at end!

gl all!
                  Lucky bounce for Kaymer on 17

Comment

Id Dusty beats Bubba to first after his blow up at the US open cost me at 40/1 the fucker is off my xmas card list

SPOILER
                    &back on my backable players list

Comment

come on Rory .

I've said it before, I love Bubba 'Happy Gilmore' Watson. legend.

they stole my line on Sky. feckers are reading IPB

Comment

Thats a sick result for Dustin Johnsone. Sometimes, the rules of golf suck. When he was interviewed, he said the match official that travelled with them for the round, approached him after he finished the 18th, and told him there was a possible 2 shot penalty because of grounding his club in "the bunker".
                        Question I have is, why didnt the rules official approach him prior to the shot being played. as there was about 5,000 standing in that area which was well outside the ropes. Why wait for the player to make a mistake. The rules official was well aware of it being a "bunker" as he was obviousley watching Johnsones shot closely.

BTW, I backed Kaymar on Saturday at 28/1, so this is not a moan after losing a few quid. I just thought it was wrong.

Connie

Comment

Nice one Nicky
                          You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

shane lowry e/w czech open @40/1 anyone?

Comment

In case the golfers miss this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu3OI...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Anyone who didn't back Peter Hanson (including me) for this weeks European golf probably should consider quiting betting!?

In decent form and begged for an invite to play to qualify for Ryder Cup

My poor excuse: I talked myself out of backing him as I am on Jimenez and didn't fancy backing both favourites

anyone on him?
                                any chance of a Hanson blowup?

American golf a bit nuts
                                leader -12
                                cut -3

So many players within 5/6 shots of lead, might be fun watching betfair market
                                Last edited by Guest; 21-08-10, 15:25.

Comment

The Barkley's looks a super event. Thinking Stricker and possibly Pod- he really likes this course and was plugging it for a major last year

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                    The Barkley's looks a super event. Thinking Stricker and possibly Pod- he really likes this course and was plugging it for a major last year
                                    When is Tiger out again. I fancy his mind is a little clearer now he's a single man again. Hope the bookies are as generous as last time.

Is Westwood back yet Nicky?

Comment

When is Tiger out again. I fancy his mind is a little clearer now he's a single man again. Hope the bookies are as generous as last time.

Is Westwood back yet Nicky?
                                      Woods is in here, generally 12/1, no sign/word of Westwood

Comment

Different course to last year Nicky.

Last played here in 08

Think i'll just back BVP ew in all the playoff events.

Comment

I'm moving apartments over the next few days so having to sit this one out. So depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                            Different course to last year Nicky.

Last played here in 08

Think i'll just back BVP ew in all the playoff events.

fucket I though it was that right hard course they built on docklands in jersey, dam

Comment

My e/e tips for this week are Jimenez in the J Walker and Paul Casey in the Barclays

Comment

I've had semi decent bets on both Stricker and Pod based on the wrong grounds- be lucky

Comment

I'm a big loser in Golf so steer clear of Villegas(59) and Kevin Na(169) at the Barclays.

Comment

Ive had a bit of Robert Rock in scotland and POD in the barclays and a little e/w double.
                                                    Pod because he's pod, and rock because hes after having a great season, played sublimely in Killarney until he was dq for signing a wrong scorecard. He then took a break, had a tourney back, so i reckon he should be ripe again.

Connie

Comment

Furyk
                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                        Furyk
                                                        that rule is sooo stooopid. He slept it out for the pro am yesterday so they now penailised him from playing the main event. FFS, not all the players are in the pro am so it shouldn't really be applied here. Whilst I love watching golf, the rules are so up their own arses at times that it puts me right off the game. Dustin Johnson penalty at the PGA was the limit. I know rules are rules but they are ruining the sport.

I got Tiger yesterday so hope he holds it together, 3 under after 5. Now he's rid of herself I expect him to slowly (or hopefully quickly) come back to a sembalance of himself. FIngers in ears time though.

Comment

What a week to decide to move

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                            What a week to decide to move
                                                            where'd you end up going in the end?

Comment

A 5 euro Double on Dustin Johnson in the Barclays and E Molinari in the Johnny Walker would return nearly 4k

Johnson is 2 behind tiger the fav and 6 behind the leader. surely worth a gamble, did singles on both plus the double.

Still though kinda routing for Tiger, as fast Eddie said. I want your best game.

TWO times please.

Comment

A 5 euro Double on Dustin Johnson in the Barclays and E Molinari in the Johnny Walker would return nearly 4k

Johnson is 2 behind tiger the fav and 6 behind the leader. surely worth a gamble, did singles on both plus the double.

Still though kinda routing for Tiger, as fast Eddie said. I want your best game.

TWO times please.
                                                                i really hope one or two of ye looked at this bet.

Dustin hit 7 under and is now 3-1 from 66-1this morning
                                                                Molinari is now 9/2 from 11 to 1 this morning , both singles and the massive double looking sweet.

Comment

Molinari is now 9/2 from 11 to 1 this morning , both singles and the massive double looking sweet.

Good Luck

Comment

Lay it off for a sweet profit???

Comment

cheers Lads, I will be laying off some of it to take a profit. Apart from the cash, I'd love to see Dustin win after the crap he had at the PGA, he is playing some cracking golf.

Comment

Gone a bit nuts on this week's tournaments, bets done in about ten markets and counting.

Just a little tip for each way punters, placing the win part of your stake with betfair and the place part on the top five market with extrabet, because of their tie's concession is the way to go.

Comment

Woods at 8/1 to me looks a great bet this weekend. He showed he is on the way back and the course should suite him well. Will have €50 ew on him.

Ian Poulter at 66/1 is my dark horse, just needs a few puts to drop. €10ew on him.

Comment

I'm on Woods this week for trading purposes. Hopefully he makes a good start. Also on Dustin @ 20 as the course should suit him but this is reflected in his price.

Other small speculative bets are Palmer @ 120, Sabbatini @ 120, Molder @ 220 and Ames @ 300.

I'll add some more golfers as the tournament progresses.

Comment

Stricker will walk this imo.

Comment

My new fav golfer hopefully will win again this week. He is going great guns this week too but alas I won't get to see this thing finished as I'll be off, however it will be a nice few bob to return to should he take this weeks one down as well. What a rise the man has made this year. Major winner next year imo. E. Molinari.
                                                                                I hope some of ye got on him.

In the US, Gonna bet on the Tiger again tonight before I go. I think he is almost back and that's enough for him to win pulling away in this event. Finishes on Monday - Labour Day.

Comment

Sean O Hair imo.

Comment

Sean O Hair imo.
                                                                                    I fancy Donald
                                                                                    ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
                                                                                      I fancy Donald
                                                                                      Enough about your sex life get back to the golf imo

Comment

Sean O Hair imo.
                                                                                        impressive, stone last

Comment

impressive, stone last
                                                                                          Thats the power i can wield over sportsmen

Comment

tiger looked good on the back nine tonight will win soon
                                                                                            might be time to avail of some of those juicy prices i ve seen recently

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                                                                                              tiger looked good on the back nine tonight will win soon
                                                                                              might be time to avail of some of those juicy prices i ve seen recently
                                                                                              I'm figuring if I backed him at bridgestone then I really should here as-well. Going to play Leishman top twenty and Tiger the win, could be a good week to play finishing positions on the spreads with no cut.

Comment

from betfair golf forum

There's already at least one footballer named Sergio Garcia -- the 27-year-old striker for Espanyol -- and now, just to confuse people, there's another. Pro golfer Sergio Garcia made his debut for hometown club CF Borriol (for which he also just so happens to serve as president), playing the final eight minutes of its 1-0 loss to Ribarroja in the Spanish third division.

According to Marca, Sergio has been training regularly with the team this season and has been using football as a way to improve his fitness for golf.

So now we are left to wonder what comes first for him, a hat trick or that elusive first major?

first reply

missed a sitter from 3 feet

Comment

Who's involved in the Tour Championship.

I'm on Villegas and Goosen outright and small e/w on BVP.

Comment

was jsut about to type.
                                                                                                    I did some micky mouse bets for this. was gonna go for Dustin but 10s is shite. I've done Rose and Bjorn in two separate tournys. plus a small wager on the double (I like to do these lotto type doubles 11k for a fiver sort of thing)

Comment

was jsut about to type.
                                                                                                      I did some micky mouse bets for this. was gonna go for Dustin but 10s is shite. I've done Rose and Bjorn in two separate tournys. plus a small wager on the double (I like to do these lotto type doubles 11k for a fiver sort of thing)
                                                                                                      Ive always done small doubles on golf where I saw fit, couple come up over the years, nice payoff for small input (never anywhere near 11k territory mind)

I remember reading the lad Chapman in the Post years ago saying that small doubles on the golf were one of the reasons they put both golf roundups on the same day (they used to do Europe on Wednesday and US on Thursday) and he liked them
                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 23-09-10, 16:30.

Comment

Kevin Na @ 55 small bet for interest.

Comment

el shambo , details of yer doubles?,
                                                                                                          biggest golf win ever for me was monty at 66/1 to win the Order of merit.

very close with me doubles though for big monies, hit the crossbar a few times for big dosh.

Comment

el shambo , details of yer doubles?,
                                                                                                            biggest golf win ever for me was monty at 66/1 to win the Order of merit.

very close with me doubles though for big monies, hit the crossbar a few times for big dosh.
                                                                                                            The biggest payout on a double ever was around 700(as I said far from 11 grand)
                                                                                                            I, as a rule have always stuck to €1 and €2 doubles

its a long long while since one came up but we carry on

Hit the cross bar about 3 times this year,
                                                                                                            latest, both 2nd place lads backed pre tourni going into final round and both blew up (both of course won soon after)

given up the golf for this season and only getting back into it if I get back to doing proper study on it (used to spend two days pouring over all the stats)

maybe then I will join yer €5 double club

thru the mists of time:
                                                                                                            all my favourite golf bets were pre-tiger days(bookies never took it that serious), just because I was proper skint and the bookies would be giving 33-40/1 on in form lads who grew up on the course just because the were not Faldo or Monty etc
                                                                                                            Was rude not to have a bet
                                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 23-09-10, 18:58.

Comment

Come on Goose. End a lousy years punting on the PGA tour with a nice touch.

Comment

When do the first pairs get announced? Or do they get announced prior to first tee off at all?
                                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

No, that morning they're handed in less than an hour or so before the first tee off afaik
                                                                                                                  ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
                                                                                                                    No, that morning they're handed in less than an hour or so before the first tee off afaik
                                                                                                                    So no betting on indiv matches? Well not the early ones anyway..

Cheers though
                                                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                      So no betting on indiv matches? Well not the early ones anyway..

Cheers though
                                                                                                                      Stick a few pound in an online account, if ur up 20 mins or so before first tee off time, which is 7.45 i think, they'll all be priced up no problem. Same in the afternoon, there will always be a 20 minute window or so to bet on the fourballs and foursomes

Comment

Burton you say it with so much confidence.
                                                                                                                        Sligo they announce the opening fourballs at the end of the opening ceremony on Thursday. So you have all night to pick your accumulator out

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                          Burton you say it with so much confidence.
                                                                                                                          Sligo they announce the opening fourballs at the end of the opening ceremony on Thursday. So you have all night to pick your accumulator out
                                                                                                                          Sorry it must be my accent, apologies. My brain obviously doesn't have the capacity for a 2 year storage.

Edit: Am i right in thinking the afternoon pairings aren't announced till half hour or so before tee off Mr.Tiger?
                                                                                                                          Last edited by JackBurton; 28-09-10, 18:29.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X