No announcement yet.

Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know the tournament that's on this week; it's the one where I do my bollox every year.

Comment

I like the bolded ones chances in the 1st round. A bit of value there too i'd imagine.

1-Lee Westwood (Britain) v 64-Henrik Stenson (Sweden)
      32-Nick Watney (U.S.) v 33-Anthony Kim (U.S.)
      16-Retief Goosen (South Africa) v 49-K.J. Choi (South Korea)
      17-Francesco Molinari (Italy) v 48-Ryan Moore (U.S.)
      8-Steve Stricker (U.S.) v 57-Matteo Manassero (Italy)
      25-Charl Schwartzel (South Africa) v 40-Ryo Ishikawa (Japan)
      9-Luke Donald (Britain) v 56-Charley Hoffman (U.S.)
      24-Edoardo Molinari (Italy) v 41-Martin Laird (Britain)
      4-Phil Mickelson (U.S.) v 61-Brendan Jones (Australia)
      29-Rickie Fowler (U.S.) v 36-Peter Hanson (Sweden)
      13-Matt Kuchar (U.S.) v 52-Anders Hansen (Denmark)
      20-Louis Oosthuizen (South Africa) v 45-Bo Van Pelt (U.S.)
      5-Graeme McDowell (Britain) v 60-Heath Slocum (U.S.)
      28-Robert Allenby (Australia) v 37-Ross Fisher (Britain)
      12-Ian Poulter (Britain) v 53-Stewart Cink (U.S.)
      21-Alvaro Quiros (Spain) v 44-Yang Yong-eun (South Korea)
      2-Martin Kaymer (Germany.) v 63-Noh Seung-yul (South Korea)
      31-Zach Johnson (U.S.) v 34-Justin Rose (Britain)
      15-Robert Karlsson (Sweden) v 50-Hiroyuki Fujita (Japan)
      18-Hunter Mahan (U.S.) v 47-Sean O'Hair (U.S.)
      7-Rory McIlroy (Ireland) v 58-Jonathan Byrd (U.S.)
      26-Adam Scott (Australia) v 39-Ben Crane (U.S.)
      10-Jim Furyk (U.S.) v 55-Ryan Palmer (U.S.)
      23-Miguel Angel Jimenez (Spain) v 42-Yuta Ikeda (Japan)
      3-Tiger Woods (U.S.) v 62-Thomas Bjorn (Denmark)
      30-Geoff Ogilvy (Australia) v 35-Padraig Harrington (Ireland)
      14-Dustin Johnson (U.S.) v 51-Mark Wilson (U.S.)
      19-Bubba Watson (U.S.) v 46-Bill Haas (U.S.)
      6-Paul Casey (Britain) v 59-Richard Green (Australia)
      27- Kim Kyung-Tae (South Korea) v 38-Jason Day (Australia)
      11-Ernie Els (South Africa) v 54-Jeff Overton (U.S.)
      22-Tim Clark (South Africa) v 43-Camilo Villegas (Colombia)

Comment

Ogilvy at 28's looks tasty to me. Rarely bet on golf but love matchplay. The guy has a pretty phenomenal MP record and a handy first round match.
        Profit before people.

Comment

c schwartzel @ 50/1 had 30 euro on him to win.

Comment

I like the look of casey @ 14/1 his record in this is pretty impressive.

Comment

broke one of my own little pretend betting rules and had an interest bet on the matchplay

0.5 pt ew Moore @70
              1pt Kaymer @16

+ in the other one
              1pt on Gay @12 and Baddley @14

+ ickle doubles

Have to start taking gambling serious again

gl to all the serious bangers

Comment

Had €2 ew @ 25/1 on poulter last night for an interest. Cant get excited about this so will be doing some match bets in running to see if i cant get some value.

Comment

Did a 20 euro accum on Ryan Moore , Sean o Hair, Ben Crane and Ross Fisher to win there first rounds.

Prob no chance of coming up but a bit of interest for the day.

Comment

Have a double of R.Moore and M.Laird to knock out the Mario Bros

J.B Holmes to win @ 95s
                    POD small @ 80s just because of the price. If he miracles the first 2 rounds against Geoff and Tiger he'll be fancied.

Comment

did 20 accum on 1st rd matches
                      quiros mcdowell d johnson haas rose mclroy schwartzel

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                        Did a 20 euro accum on Ryan Moore , Sean o Hair, Ben Crane and Ross Fisher to win there first rounds.

Prob no chance of coming up but a bit of interest for the day.
                        Got 3 up but Hair was thrashed by Mahan

Comment

my three rags for the event gone, laird/phansen/oheir (only small); three main bets through, first event I've backed Kaymer since he won in abu.

I'm proud of myself at having no match bet, I was click button away from having a grand on Peter Hanson to do Fowler at 6/5, thankfully I didn't because that's usually how it starts for me in this event. Dig a bit of a hole on day one, and it's a quarry by day five.

Comment

just backed Cink at 29s on betfair a 4 pronged/bracket attack

Solskjaer gone awol ?

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                              just backed Cink at 29s on betfair a 4 pronged/bracket attack

Solskjaer gone awol ?
                              Cink was impressive coming down to the busines end against Poulter last night and holed some big putts..liked his interview afterwards were he basically said he didnt have a clue who was in his bracket just that he had to beat poulter before even worrying about it.

Serious competitor.

Comment

Going to do another 20 euro accum for todays matchs just for the interest while watching.
                                Ogilvy, Cink, Casey, Moore and Donald.

Comment

Let's go Geoff today, odds more then halved already from original price. Facing Bjorn today after 19 holes with tiger, that's got to be mentally tiring all things considered.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Solskjaer gone awol ?
                                    Willie left because he had a row with Finkel or something. Shame because he was a stall worth in this thread.

Comment

wow crazy results ,better chance throwing a dart blindfolded at the matches,will keep trying going for watson kuchar kaymer donald to be winning after nine holes.
                                      Last edited by tallamuner; 26-02-11, 13:23.

Comment

Kaymer in the final of one

Gay doing my nut in the other
                                        2nd in birdies, 4th in Putts per GIR & 14th in Bogeys

Comment

I'll never really get over JB Holmes losing after being 5up through 10 and 1/300 in running. Had him @ 19s top 4 and 95s to win.

My mate had Baddely @ 100s last week and some of them winning went on Donald @ 30s, sick sick run.

Comment

only bet in honda was 500 on allenby top twenty 2/1, finished a shot out of it, actually missed six putts under 3.5 ft over the four days, tosser.

Comment

fancied yang barnes e/w after day i did neither won a few quid on 3 balls
                                              Last edited by tallamuner; 07-03-11, 11:47.

Comment

anyone liking gmac powers are going 20/1 special in the shops

Rory's price becoming a bit more realistic, he's nearly becoming puntable

Comment

After doing my bets i have noticed that there is only one flag i want to see flying high on Sunday night.

Really fancy Watney and Phil.

Very small on Kim and Z.Johnson @ 150s and 130s

Comment

anyone liking gmac powers are going 20/1 special in the shops

Rory's price becoming a bit more realistic, he's nearly becoming puntable
                                                    I hope gmac does fuck all tbh, I like him for Bay hill in a couple of weeks. Ye Rory's price is much more realistic. C Kid might have to stop laying him.

Has Rory warmed to you yet C Kid?

Comment

have a small interest, backed Bjorn and Aiken e/w at big prices, and did 25 each way on Padraig at 50/1. I know he's outa form, but my reckoning is when he finds that form again his odds will be huge odds and I dont wanna miss it!! Im probably going senile!!

Comment

Haven't laid anything Silver. Got dates wrong and made plans with missus for this weekend instead of last. FML.

Backed Poulter, Watney, and ZJ for pennies.

Disappointed as love Doral, and there's definitely value in these 69 man fields. Good luck to all.

Comment

Great Tourney so far

C'mon

Looks like this on the course

Comment

its going to be a strange weekend for me, I'm funking against Kaymer

Comment

its going to be a strange weekend for me, I'm funking against Kaymer

How come?

Who's your horses?

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                Haven't laid anything Silver. Got dates wrong and made plans with missus for this weekend instead of last. FML.

Backed Poulter, Watney, and ZJ for pennies.

Disappointed as love Doral, and there's definitely value in these 69 man fields. Good luck to all.
                                                                Thought's on Tiger? Not just this weekend but future prospects in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

How come?

Who's your horses?
                                                                  couldn't bring myself to take 9/1

I has €150 EW on frani moli at 75/1 (dannydiamond has 25% of the bet)

had a bit on p hansen too, that's my lot so far

Comment

Backed Ryo Ishikawa at 390/1 pre and he shoots a 65 in rd1. Later that day the earthquake happened and thru5 holes on rd2 he's +4 for the round.

Anders Hansen 290/1 and Charlie Hoffman 330/1 for buttons too.

Comment

Nice sweat to have Nicky, I thought you would be all over Kaymer, 7/2 now with powers, think I might have a few quid on him and try to keep some for chelthenham

Comment

C'mon Frani!
                                                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

how many places is the e/w for the rail? top 5?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                            C'mon Frani!
                                                                            Backed him today at 12/1 with pp, hope i dont jinx it for ye

Comment

Originally posted by montyrebel View Post
                                                                              how many places is the e/w for the rail? top 5?
                                                                              yeah 5,

id snap hand off if offered the place

went 9/2 outright early in round

Comment

Pod gonna Pod.

Comment

Well done Silver Tiger. Good work.

Comment

Frani gave us a good sweat, his birdie run through 7,8 and nine got him right back in.

Good result all the same!

Well done silvertiger, Watney was a great shout, some performance from him today. What price before kickoff?
                                                                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                      Frani gave us a good sweat, his birdie run through 7,8 and nine got him right back in.

Good result all the same!

Well done silvertiger, Watney was a great shout, some performance from him today. What price before kickoff?
                                                                                      Around 20s.

Comment

Yuuuusssssssssssss

Cheers lads, WP to Nic and DD as well.

Got him @ 22s and 5.5 top 5. Laid off very small when he went 1.5 @14th but still a great result for me. I fancied him for this for a while and was praying for him not to win before it. Strongly fancy him for the big one in a few weeks and the fact that McIlroy is shorter in some places is lol.

Comment

Yuuuusssssssssssss

Cheers lads, WP to Nic and DD as well.

Got him @ 22s and 5.5 top 5. Laid off very small when he went 1.5 @14th but still a great result for me. I fancied him for this for a while and was praying for him not to win before it. Strongly fancy him for the big one in a few weeks and the fact that McIlroy is shorter in some places is lol.
                                                                                          wd, good stuff, the win will definitely do him the world of good, help him put the pga last round behind him.

parring the 1st the four days cost moli a real shout at the title I think, but happy to collect the place tbh, made a bit trading Dusty today so happy enough.

Comment

Jesus lads there is value to be had at the moment.

The transitions is on this week on the copperhead course, it's been played there since the turn of the century. Goosen won there in 03,09 and placed last year.
                                                                                            He didn't do too much last weekend but has only played a few times this year and has been pretty consistent. However he was awesome in the tavistock earlier and when he gets the flute tipped off him by Palmer and Chapman the 33s that are available in powers will be gone.

Comment

Watching it sat night with my dad and after watney went swimming on the 18th he told me that he'd win it. Should have looked up betfair there and then. Hes some knack of picking golf winners. Course i put a tenner on Rory at 15s next morning. Don't threaten my with a mid priced winner when there's a big priced looser out there.

Comment

Backed Goosen and Appleby this week.

Gl to anyone who's punting.

Comment

Backed Goosen and Appleby this week.

Gl to anyone who's punting.
                                                                                                  kaymer o'heir for me GL

Comment

40 euro on choi @ 35/1 and 50 on green in italy@25/1

Comment

Whats the story with Garcia playing well?. Good to see Shane Lowry back after injury from slipping on ice.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                        Whats the story with Garcia playing well?. Good to see Shane Lowry back after injury from slipping on ice.
                                                                                                        there was never anything wrong with Garcia's ball striking, using that claw grip and seems to be holing a few

be very interesting to see how the new grip holds up over the weekend
                                                                                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 18-03-11, 16:54.

Comment

there was never anything wrong with Garcia's ball striking, using that claw grip and seems to be holing a few

be very interesting to see how the new grip holds up over the weekend
                                                                                                          Yeah i suppose its mainly putting woes that made him lose a bit of interest in the game and gave him a bad attitude towards it. Didnt see the claw grip but sounds ugly if its anything like Di Marcos. I dont know of a claw grip in todays game that cuts it. No bogeys in two rounds is good going though. The test is how he will react when he gets a double bogey when in contention.
                                                                                                          His putting is about his head so if he gets a couple of bounce back birdies in the next few tournaments even in mid div i think he should be back to stay and worth keeping an eye out at a price on a speculation.
                                                                                                          Although i think i remember you say he broke your heart already so probably best just to leave it!.

Comment

Yeah i suppose its mainly putting woes that made him lose a bit of interest in the game and gave him a bad attitude towards it. Didnt see the claw grip but sounds ugly if its anything like Di Marcos. I dont know of a claw grip in todays game that cuts it. No bogeys in two rounds is good going though. The test is how he will react when he gets a double bogey when in contention.
                                                                                                            His putting is about his head so if he gets a couple of bounce back birdies in the next few tournaments even in mid div i think he should be back to stay and worth keeping an eye out at a price on a speculation.
                                                                                                            Although i think i remember you say he broke your heart already so probably best just to leave it!.
                                                                                                            yeah Sergio gave me a lot of pain over the years, It's more or less the Di marco grip, might be a slightly modified variation of it, think they were referring to it as the pencil grip, he was using in the two tournaments he played on the desert swing a few weeks back and was definitely putting better.

I remember Allenby last year had been using it for about the first 3 months of the year and was raving about it in an interview I saw. He said he hadn't made a bad putt since he started using it and any putts he had missed were down to misreads; he didn't make a putt for the rest of the year.

Comment

Happy enough that Simpson bottled it. He was disgracefully slow. The two tours should should really bring some laws in about it, getting a tad frustrating as a viewer at this stage.

The pgatour is still far and away the number 1 tour IMO. Euro players are better at the moment but the argument that the euro tour is better than the pga tournament is laughable. It just can't generate the crowds. Look at Italy this week, absolutely pathetic. Same again in Spain next week no doubt.

Comment

Happy enough that Simpson bottled it. He was disgracefully slow. The two tours should should really bring some laws in about it, getting a tad frustrating as a viewer at this stage.

The pgatour is still far and away the number 1 tour IMO. Euro players are better at the moment but the argument that the euro tour is better than the pga tournament is laughable. It just can't generate the crowds. Look at Italy this week, absolutely pathetic. Same again in Spain next week no doubt.
                                                                                                                I wasn't , backed him yesterday before play at 16/1, laid off about 40% at 2.2, didn't get me out on weekend but happy to pull a bit back, was looking bleak enough yesterday morning.

Comment

Was i lucky or was the teller being rash.

The last leg of a treble was Webb Simpson to bt Sergio Garcia in a '2-ball draw no bet' at 11/10 in the 3rd rd of the transitions. Simpson won the 2-ball but when i went to collect in pp i was told the golf part had lost because i wrote down 'mythical 2-ball dnb'.

That was the error here writing 'mythical 2-ball draw no bet' instead of '2-ball dnb'. Simpson was against Brendon De Jonge in the mythical 2-ball and lost that one.

I walked away from the counter reeling and ready to accept my mistake but i went back to query when i looked closely at the docket to see i had actually written 'to beat S. Garcia' and had the right price of the 2-ball dnb which differed from the mythical price.

I asked if he could get on the phone to the office and i thought i heard talk of paying a double and a single but eventually got settled as a treble.

I was acting at the time that i was lucky there mainly because my head was spinning. But i was just thinking afterwards that if his original opinion on settling was the difference of me writing '2-ball' or 'mythical 2-ball' then would he have settled if he had beaten De Jonge and lost to Garcia despite me writing 'to bt S. Garcia'?.

Comment

Was i lucky or was the teller being rash.

The last leg of a treble was Webb Simpson to bt Sergio Garcia in a '2-ball draw no bet' at 11/10 in the 3rd rd of the transitions. Simpson won the 2-ball but when i went to collect in pp i was told the golf part had lost because i wrote down 'mythical 2-ball dnb'.

That was the error here writing 'mythical 2-ball draw no bet' instead of '2-ball dnb'. Simpson was against Brendon De Jonge in the mythical 2-ball and lost that one.

I walked away from the counter reeling and ready to accept my mistake but i went back to query when i looked closely at the docket to see i had actually written 'to beat S. Garcia' and had the right price of the 2-ball dnb which differed from the mythical price.

I asked if he could get on the phone to the office and i thought i heard talk of paying a double and a single but eventually got settled as a treble.

I was acting at the time that i was lucky there mainly because my head was spinning. But i was just thinking afterwards that if his original opinion on settling was the difference of me writing '2-ball' or 'mythical 2-ball' then would he have settled if he had beaten De Jonge and lost to Garcia despite me writing 'to bt S. Garcia'?.
                                                                                                                    Christ my head hurts. I am not qualified to answer this but due to recent misfortune of my own i say you got luck.

I had J.B holmes in the top 4 and over all market in the matchplay a few weeks ago. He is 3 up in with 5 to play in the quarters and is visibly throwing it away. I can't lay JB in the top 4 markets as there is no market left on betfair so i run into powers and back Bubba @ 10's. I only wrote WGC matchplay, bubba watson 10/1 and my stake and they say i can't collect because i didn't write that the bet was in his match to JB. Fair enough but his price was 50's or something to win the tournament when i got on so it's pretty scummy imo.

Comment

Christ my head hurts. I am not qualified to answer this but due to recent misfortune of my own i say you got luck.

I had J.B holmes in the top 4 and over all market in the matchplay a few weeks ago. He is 3 up in with 5 to play in the quarters and is visibly throwing it away. I can't lay JB in the top 4 markets as there is no market left on betfair so i run into powers and back Bubba @ 10's. I only wrote WGC matchplay, bubba watson 10/1 and my stake and they say i can't collect because i didn't write that the bet was in his match to JB. Fair enough but his price was 50's or something to win the tournament when i got on so it's pretty scummy imo.
                                                                                                                      I posted this because when i txt'd my brother what happened he said i was lucky too.
                                                                                                                      Tough luck in your own bet, you were rushing in haste no doubt but despite the price being the biggest marker indicating your intention i dont think you stated any of 'in-running' or 'match' or the opponents name on the docket and therefore it has to be assumed its for outright esp as shops are usually mostly showing outright prices on the screens. Stinger though.

p.s
                                                                                                                      Your some bottler laying off 3 up 5 to play wheels or no wheels coming off pffffft!.

Comment

I posted this because when i txt'd my brother what happened he said i was lucky too.
                                                                                                                        Tough luck in your own bet, you were rushing in haste no doubt but despite the price being the biggest marker indicating your intention i dont think you stated any of 'in-running' or 'match' or the opponents name on the docket and therefore it has to be assumed its for outright esp as shops are usually mostly showing outright prices on the screens. Stinger though.

p.s
                                                                                                                        Your some bottler laying off 3 up 5 to play wheels or no wheels coming off pffffft!.
                                                                                                                        Haha, i actually did write in play in brackets but it was deemed that it was in play for the tournament.

Comment

Haha, i actually did write in play in brackets but it was deemed that it was in play for the tournament.
                                                                                                                          This is a situation that if you knew the teller well or were a known in-running match betting fiend with the staff and the in-running match price at placeage was deemed 10/1 then you have a shot if getting through.
                                                                                                                          But if your unknown or wearing a football shirt or look all furtive youll be struck out.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X