No announcement yet.

Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No bother. I didn't mean to come across like an arsehole. Gl this week.

I've always said a great bet(especially in the fourballs) is a lucky 15 on 4 ties. They prices are usually between 6 and 8 to 1 on every draw. A lot of fourball games go down the last hole to give ya a squeez anyway. Its great for foursomes aswell obv.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
      Sorry it must be my accent, apologies. My brain obviously doesn't have the capacity for a 2 year storage.

Edit: Am i right in thinking the afternoon pairings aren't announced till half hour or so before tee off Mr.Tiger?
      Ye thats right. I was in a boozer in blackrock trying to do the same on the afternoonmatches last time out and they didn't get the prices up quick enough in a few places. so best stick to online. The afternoon games often start before the morning ones finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
        No bother. I didn't mean to come across like an arsehole. Gl this week.

I've always said a great bet(especially in the fourballs) is a lucky 15 on 4 ties. They prices are usually between 6 and 8 to 1 on every draw. A lot of fourball games go down the last hole to give ya a squeez anyway. Its great for foursomes aswell obv.
        This i do remember as i spent the last time doing a lot of trixies on draws and it's more like 9-2 to 11-2 for draws. Still a good bet though, although if ur pickin the 4 pairings i'd suggest a yankee, it will cost u less and u won't get treble the odds on one winner in ur L15 since its a sports bet, and therefore not even ur stake back. Just a suggestion.
        ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

I'm going to find it very hard to concentrate on poker in Killarney this weekend, with the amount of money I've going in play in Wales.

on the matches boyles are refunding monies if who you back leads after nine holes and loses, could be decent concession
          Last edited by nicnicnic; 29-09-10, 22:01.

Comment

Aparently ,i've been gifted some cash to an online account, any recomendations for a golf flutter.

Maybe a trio on matches

Comment

grand slam of golf starts later, top tipster predicts another Kaymer victory

scroll to the Octopus oracle video at end of page

The PGA of America is one of the world's largest sports organizations, composed of PGA of America Golf Professionals who work daily to grow interest and participation in the game of golf.

Comment

Golfing ramble.
                Can Kaymar get 4 in a row? (not counting his grand slam flop) I've backed E Molinari in this one. Kaymar could get world no.1 in this . I'm a huge fan of E Molinari despite his brother having the better natural game. Francesco seems to bottle it more though. If he could putt as well as his bro, watch out. I'm following the pair of them next year anyway. The PGA tour has not been it's superior self this year. The game has really closed up between the two tours. Enjoyable golfing year though.
                POD travelling to Asia to bink his 1st win in two years and 3 non American Major winners as well as some class sweats.
                I'm ahead believe it or not but not by much . Few crossbars also

Anyway my dough is on Molinari this weekend.

Comment

Nothing till the new year for me. I'd hate to know how much i lost on golf this year. Fantastic Year of golf though.

Kaymers 20ft downhill left to right put to have hope of a playoff gets shot of the year for me. Although J Byrds ace last week was amazing.

Comment

Nothing till the new year for me. I'd hate to know how much i lost on golf this year. Fantastic Year of golf though.

Kaymers 20ft downhill left to right put to have hope of a playoff gets shot of the year for me. Although J Byrds ace last week was amazing.
                    loving your choice of shots, was on Byrd last week at 60s ( backed with SJ after he birdied first two holes), had traded out most but some buzz seeing that go in.

After a disastrous first seven months for me the last ten weeks have been amazing. I think I've learned a lot about golf punting over the year. My pre tournament bets are getting fewer and fewer, exception being top ten/twenty markets.

Last weeks tournaments gave two good examples why there's just no need to go in pre tournament. I was going to bet Gonzo and Mahan pre but decided to wait to see how they went in the first round. Gonzo shot -3 and was in top 15, pre tournament best was 22/1, after round one, he was 18/1 freely. Similarly Hunter was 18/1 pre and you could of had the same price after he shot -4 in round one.

Comment

anyone for Tiger this week

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                        anyone for Tiger this week
                        Are ya taking a shot at him?

Should be a great Tournie. Pity about the horrible times its on

Comment

Are ya taking a shot at him?

Should be a great Tournie. Pity about the horrible times its on

no shot, thinking of punting him, used to be poker that fucked up my sleep patterns, now its golf from Asia.

FFs just went to have €400 on Kaymer 18/1 in the enhanced win only market on SJ and they offered me €15
                          Last edited by nicnicnic; 02-11-10, 17:53.

Comment

Anyone ever use the golf betting system predictor?

DP World Tour Predictor. This player table is Golf Betting System's Top 10 tournament prediction. Don't agree?! It's so easy to build your own selections.

You mess around with the variables by giving them different ratings depending on your own judgements. The default is the thoughts of the expert off the site. They do some tips up there as well but the predictor is cool imo.

Would love to place a bet on Woods but he's burned me too many times over the past year. I'll wait until the majors

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                              Anyone ever use the golf betting system predictor?

DP World Tour Predictor. This player table is Golf Betting System's Top 10 tournament prediction. Don't agree?! It's so easy to build your own selections.

You mess around with the variables by giving them different ratings depending on your own judgements. The default is the thoughts of the expert off the site. They do some tips up there as well but the predictor is cool imo.

Would love to place a bet on Woods but he's burned me too many times over the past year. I'll wait until the majors
                              came across the golfbettingsystem site a while back, seem to know there stuff ok, on there predictor, if you had $10 each way on there top five on pga events over the season its showing a profit of $1200 on season ( that was two weeks ago anyway ). Not my cup of tea as a betting method but seems profitably at face value anyway

Comment

came across the golfbettingsystem site a while back, seem to know there stuff ok, on there predictor, if you had $10 each way on there top five on pga events over the season its showing a profit of $1200 on season ( that was two weeks ago anyway ). Not my cup of tea as a betting method but seems profitably at face value anyway
                                I'm not a fan of blind following either. Like to make my own decisions. Although that's a great profit they're showing.

What I like about the predictor though is that you can change the variables around to suit your own thoughts and it spouts out the updated rankings. I'd love to know the method behind the predictor.

Comment

I'll be following Allenby in this, deffo top 5. Sticking me neck out .

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                    Allenby totally lost it about three months ago, getting better last month but still putting like a spastic. Stanjames pay six places top five if you know what I mean and are competitive, so them or extrabet for the place markets because of the tie's. Oddschecker is your friend there can be some real discrepancies between firms on the place markets, Kaymer this week a decent example 7/2 with stans six places, 11/4 best with any of the rest 5 places.

Comment

Ended up betting on this. Sigh.....

Punting on Mcilroy for the first time in a long time. He fancies himself on twitter anyway

The old man is all over Woods. He reckons the king will be back this week.

Gl all

Comment

OK Allenby hit a 4 under, the last few weeks his weekend score has been very good. I'm guessing for you machine guys it might be a good bet today and a lay tomorrow. I have him at big odds pre, he's 5 behind with two rounds to go and sitting pretty behind the leaders. Can't access his odds at the moment but I'm guessing
                                        25s at least.

Comment

OK Allenby hit a 4 under, the last few weeks his weekend score has been very good. I'm guessing for you machine guys it might be a good bet today and a lay tomorrow. I have him at big odds pre, he's 5 behind with two rounds to go and sitting pretty behind the leaders. Can't access his odds at the moment but I'm guessing
                                          25s at least.
                                          56 on the machine

Comment

Delighted for Mollinari, a force when he putts. from start to finish he won it.

pretty classy imo, great year for the bros.

Euro tour > US tour finally.

Comment

Delighted for Mollinari, a force when he putts. from start to finish he won it.

pretty classy imo, great year for the bros.

Euro tour > US tour finally.
                                              In fairness Italian golf has sprung into life too. The Molinaris and Manassero are cruising a the moment
                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                In fairness Italian golf has sprung into life too. The Molinaris and Manassero are cruising a the moment

Hong Kong opem 3 rd round this morning , Manassero @ 14 to 1 Worth a bet 3 behind
                                                only 3/4 to beat in my opnion.

Comment

Hong Kong opem 3 rd round this morning , Manassero @ 14 to 1 Worth a bet 3 behind
                                                  only 3/4 to beat in my opnion.
                                                  2nd despite a 62 final round, got on at 50s yesterday sp a profit made anyway, sooo close to a big payday.

Comment

going with my money sponning Italians in thie Dubai

Nicky going for Kaymer no doubt,

Who is betting on this ?

Comment

going with my money sponning Italians in thie Dubai

Nicky going for Kaymer no doubt,

Who is betting on this ?
                                                      Good man Willie, seeing out this Race to Dubai till the finish, I'm a bit skint so i'm goin for a couple of outsiders.

Sergio @ 80s

Loius Oosthuizen @ 75s

Gl lads.

Comment

Jesus is Rory was even a decent putter he'd be threatening that top spot. Missed everything.

Oosthuizen is gone but Sergio started well and is ready to send out the I'll be back warning for next year.

Comment

Jesus is Rory was even a decent putter he'd be threatening that top spot. Missed everything.

Oosthuizen is gone but Sergio started well and is ready to send out the I'll be back warning for next year.
                                                          I'll be back to the shite more like, Go Louis

Francesco cruising for ya Willie.

Comment

Yep, he is flying now he has learned to putt. Although they made the course a lot eariser today with the pin placements.
                                                            I'm looking forward to the weekend now should be a cracker. 2 out of my 3 Italians did well today. Had a tiny amount on Yang also at huge odds .
                                                            Be nice to finish the year off with a win. It's been a good one despite some fecking close calls for big scores.
                                                            Golf punting is the best value entertainment there is. It's like a 4 day horse race.

Comment

Epic playoff in Dubai atm, Poulter and Karlson. Poulter playing amazing lately.

Comment

heading out rhe door, my pressie to you all is Tim Clatke for the SA open, only 4 other decent players in it. get on 20 to 1. He is playing best out of that lot,

Comment

heading out rhe door, my pressie to you all is Tim Clatke for the SA open, only 4 other decent players in it. get on 20 to 1. He is playing best out of that lot,
                                                                  myself and terrible timmy don't get on but if your backing him take the 37/1 on the machine

Comment

dusting down this thread, and we're off again this week. I'm going with Poulter in the tournament of champons .

Comment

dusting down this thread, and we're off again this week. I'm going with Poulter in the tournament of champons .
                                                                      Should we start a new one for the new year?

Nic your the captain of the ship you decide.

If Poulter's twitter is anything to go by and it usually is, i'd stay clear of Poults. He's be dicking around in Barbados over xmas with fuck all practice with little or no mention of contending this week. he's only gettin there now.

Compare this to the 5 weeks he had on the road in asia 2 months ago were he was practicing hard saying he was gonna contend every week and he won and also posted 2 top fives.

What about the money making App(S.Appelby) He won this tournament 3 times on the bounce a few years back and then posted 13th in 07 his last outing here. I expect a much bigger year out of him this year and i don't thing he's a bad shout for a place this week.

Comment

I don't mind whatever suits re new thread.

I'll just watch this first two day, maybe get into someone in running over the weekend

Comment

wow so much info on the twitter WP. done me bet already, did a little on Rock in Africa,
                                                                          only 4/5 better players than him in this and he'll be there for a cover on the final round.

Comment

happy with my picks so far Rock in Africa and Poulter in the US

Did anyone see Bubba Watsons 2nd shot on the par 5 18th, downhill lie off the deck with a driver, cut it 40 yards right to left , incredible stuff, up to 12 feet from the flag wtf ?

sinks it for eagle
                                                                            Last edited by Solskjaer; 07-01-11, 02:08.

Comment

Some shot alright. The app is gonna go to work tonight. Might back him again.

Comment

yeah sick shot from buba, I ended up backing Dusty at 15/1 outright and byrd 5/2 top ten, just looking at it there and going to take a little of the 16/1 Kucher thats available.

Best advice is scratch anyone I mention as anything I touch in last six weeks seems to be bokked

Comment

Done my money on Els based on his recent ZA form

small ew bet on Rock as well

interesting:
                                                                                  The official web site of the PGA TOUR. Providing the only Real-Time Live Scoring for the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour and Korn Ferry Tour. Home of official PGA TOUR

KAPALUA, Hawaii -- Stuart Appleby was standing on the practice green, about to begin his warm-up session prior to Thursday's first round of the Hyundai Tournament of Champions, when he noticed something missing in his bag. Specifically, his Odyssey White Hot XG330 mallet putter, the one he used to shoot 59 en route to winning The Greenbrier Classic last year.
                                                                                  That was the putter that helped the Australian end a three-year victory drought and helped qualify him for this week's winners-only event. Now it was gone, mysteriously disappearing at some point after Appleby's caddie Scott Sajtinac put his bag into the tournament's official storage area.

First response? Both Appleby and Sajtinac racked their brains in hopes of remembering where it might be. But frankly, there was little time to dwell on what they didn't have. Appleby's team, including his manager Matt Judy, needed to find a replacement. And fast.

They did. Appleby, unfazed by the turn of events, used a two-ball Odyssey Black Series putter bought at a nearby pro shop to shoot a solid 4-under 69, putting him firmly in the mix of contenders heading into Friday's second round at the Plantation Course at Kapalua.

"How about that?" Sajtinac said after the round, still impressed with Appleby's ability to adjust to unfortunate circumstances.

Even more impressive is the fact that Appleby led the field Thursday in putting average at 1.462. He needed just 28 putts, tying him with Charley Hoffman, Matt Kuchar and Carl Pettersson for lowest in the field during the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                    Done my money on Els based on his recent ZA form

small ew bet on Rock as well

interesting:
                                                                                    http://www.pgatour.com/2011/tourname...ai/index.html#
                                                                                    Els 9 under and counting. gogogo

Comment

Appleby better throw that new fucking putter in the bin.

Comment

nicked a few quid with a €300 match double Gmac 4/5 v Zack and Dusty 8/13 v Atwal

had few quid in running on Robert Garrigus at 29/1 with extra just because they had him priced wrong

Comment

sweet eagle two there from Garrigus on 16th to take lead- might be turning

Comment

sweet eagle two there from Garrigus on 16th to take lead- might be turning

great story if he wins. Didn't know about his troubles, rehab etc

I think Kim will win a major this year if he stays fit. Any markets on that ?

Comment

great story if he wins. Didn't know about his troubles, rehab etc

I think Kim will win a major this year if he stays fit. Any markets on that ?
                                                                                              I'll keep an eye out for a market on him for you William, I'm sure someone will be betting it.

Yeah I warmed a bit to him in that interview he did Thursday, I remember Garrigus blowing a three shot lead on 18th in one last year- his mind just went. Bouncing back to win a few weeks later definitely shows character. I only backed him in this because he was 29/1 with extra and 16s best with the rest but he could we'll be very decent and has the profile of on I like to latch onto to.

I backed that Brandon Grace in Africe, just looking at the scorecard he was leading with three to play today and went treble double on a 320yd par4 and 164yd par3 uggg

Comment

got on Chris Wood at 16 to 1. in the lead now in Africa. Hoooooooooold

Comment

he has found away to lose from posi like this before

Comment

Originally posted by thelads View Post
                                                                                                    he has found away to lose from posi like this before

very true but he's only 23. He'll have many more fk ups to come, golf does it to everyone

Comment

i followed him alot after his great showings in the open so talking throught my pocket me thinks, hope he does the business for u

Comment

i followed him alot after his great showings in the open so talking throught my pocket me thinks, hope he does the business for u

3 way play off. advantage Quiros

Comment

on Oosthuizen in the playoff at 2.66 hoping he gets me out having done me balls this morning

Comment

on Oosthuizen in the playoff at 2.66 hoping he gets me out having done me balls this morning

ye got lucky with his t shot. great 2nd. glglgl

Comment

wood was 1.42 at 1 stage nice for trading out ,

Comment

wood was 1.42 at 1 stage nice for trading out ,
                                                                                                                layed a bit but he didnt bottle it at least, sick ul when oosthuizen bounced out of heavy rough, miminum profit bah.

glad you are out of it anyway

Comment

have to feel for him allright but winners find a bit extra when needed, in fairness thought his swing stood up well on the back 9 today which is a big plus for the future.

Comment

exciting stuff in hawaii, really enjoyed it

Comment

exciting stuff in hawaii, really enjoyed it
                                                                                                                      ditto up till 3 am watching it (and the Squash)

Comment

going to give Robert Rock another chance this week 46 on bet fair at the moment very good trading price for a player of his ability in this field

Comment

Joburg Golf

T Aiken @ 18/1
                                                                                                                          R Sterne @ 22/1

both seem generous enough prices,they have been in decent form and are def worth a punt....

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X