No announcement yet.

Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully those two missed greens will give Rory the incentive to hole a putt. He should be leading by about 7 right now if he was putting half decent over his last 20 holes or so.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      Where did ya get 7 places, didn't think anybody pushed the boat out.
      Local bookies they only have 2 shops in neighbouring towns but always have some decent specials on

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
        Hopefully those two missed greens will give Rory the incentive to hole a putt. He should be leading by about 7 right now if he was putting half decent over his last 20 holes or so.
        For my mind westwood should be about 14 or 15 under for the week, instead of -4 because he's holed fuck all. meh you gotta hole them, thats a bit like saying you'd of won the poker tournament if you won all the races.

Comment

My boy Charl making great strides today. No chance of me laying him now. He's got the cojonas to ship this imo.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            My boy Charl making great strides today. No chance of me laying him now. He's got the cojonas to ship this imo.
            More importantly he's got the putter to do this, unlike most of them.

Comment

i'd lay the arse off him. We don't know what he's thinking.
              There is gonna be some serious bottle jobs tomorrow IMO. Cabrera for me is the only one on the front page that could go out tomorrow care free and shoot low, i can see him finishing either top 2 or outside the top 10 depending on his start.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                i'd lay the arse off him. We don't know what he's thinking.
                There is gonna be some serious bottle jobs tomorrow IMO. Cabrera for me is the only one on the front page that could go out tomorrow care free and shoot low, i can see him finishing either top 2 or outside the top 10 depending on his start.
                Meh I only took €25 @40's and I've nothing else left in the tourney so want a Sunday sweat.
                Profit before people.

Comment

some fucking shot Tiger

Comment

What a shot Tiger
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

American's shouldn't be allowed near this event.

Fan shouts "Big Tee shot from the Big Mac" straight after McIlroy's tee shot.

Rory almost sharted himself laughing.

Comment

Fuck ya anyway Tiger, keeps missing those chances to make a bit of gain

Comment

Jesus, remember the days when you'd put your mortgage on Tiger holing anything within 6 feet...
                          Profit before people.

Comment

One thing for certain after tonight is just how bad Sky Sports commentators are. The beeb are just so much better imo. Fantastic coverage. Although Monty was pretty good on fairness.
                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

This is like Seve all over

Comment

Get in you funking beauty. Woohoo!

Comment

Rory's on fire, what a superb second, followed by an amazing putt

Comment

just 24 more hours with no blowups please Rory.

Comment

4 shots is a nice lead for the final day, was on him at 40s on Thursday, laid a small bit of him and Tiger this morning. One was good and was obv bad!!

Comment

Another solid round from Rory, great, great stuff. Always knew he was gonna be the world no.1 at some stage, hopefully tomorrow night is the start of the Rory McIlroy era of dominance.

Comment

Peter Alliss should be forced into retirement. His constant amazement at the "international flavour" of the field was tilting the f*ck out of me.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Tiger Woods is shit.
                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Peter Alliss should be forced into retirement. His constant amazement at the "international flavour" of the field was tilting the f*ck out of me.
                                              Loved it when some yank yelled get in the hole at one of tigers putts and you could him mumble "oh shut up"

Comment

Was supposed to head out tonight but then Commando popped up on the TV. They dont make classics like that anymore

Comment

Fk that was meant for BBV

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                    Know nothing about golf but got the following on yesterday for a bit of interest:

Mickelson 10pts
                                                    McIllroy 1.5pts
                                                    Kuchar 1pt
                                                    Kaymer 1pt
                                                    McDowell 2pts
                                                    Hold please. Savers on KJ and Tiger.

Comment

Closed out my position for a loss. McIlroy is playing some super stuff, and hasn't shown any signs of capitulating yet. Leading driving distance, second in GIRs and hasn't 3 putt yet. If some of those long puts went in he could feasibly be 15 under at this point. No scrambling to make pars like others.
                                                      The aul lad is sweating a serious payout if he wins, so I didn't want to be pulling against him for the sake of a potential loss of a fraction of that.

Comment

I had to go out last night when they were on the 16th and McIlroy was drifting to 4.6, I have a hectic day today and have to be at the airport at 5AM tomorrow so I stuck in a lay at 1.8 to take 240 off Rory and 100 from the field in case I don't get a chance to watch it tonight. Absolutely amazed to see that it was matched when I got back this morning ... happy days on at 38 off at 1.8.
                                                        Its amazing how these things work but all weekend for me the overriding thought as Rory played so well and talking to my Da this morning its the same for same for the rest of the family is that win lose or draw how much my late Mother would have loved this, he says he can barely watch it for the emotion. Anyway she loved a good sweat and wouldn't understand me greening up but she would LOL at me still backing Allenby every year because he was one of her favourites
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                          Big Bet on Couples to be top senior, @ 1.75.
                                                          Mickelson to shoot lowest round 18/1.
                                                          Woods to shoot lowest round @ 20/1.

Outrights.

Cabrera @ 140
                                                          Yang @ 120
                                                          Choi @ 75
                                                          Byrd @ 250
                                                          Rose @ 42
                                                          Watney @ 19.5
                                                          F.Molinari @ 110
                                                          Moore @ 85
                                                          I'm now green for the field , but left loads on top for major shippage.

Comment

Hopefully Rory crumbles like his beloved Ulster did earlier and then one man will stand tall tonight. LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE

Comment

had €300 on Rory at 4.2 before he teed on 13th yesterday, wont come near getting me out, but was just looking for an interest at that stage, had well given up on turning any profit on tournament.

I probably should have some kind of sweat on Rory, I mentioned in here a couple of weeks ago that he was becoming backable at his price now and I had said to a good few friends over March that he was going to be my main bet for the masters, I just drifted away from that line of thinking.

I'm scratching my head a bit at Westwood, in his interview after round two you'd think all he had to do was turn up the next two days and the Masters was his. The over confidence/arrogance seemed a little delusional especially with where his putting is at. I had €1,100 on him total, but that could of been more, so kinda swerved him a bit.

I did fall into the Michelson trap late Wednesday and I'm not happy with myself over that one. I just cant catch that man, never have an probably never will.

In summary, relatively bad week but happy I didn't over do it just because it was The Masters.

Comment

I'm down about €400 barring a miracle. Luke Donald looked good yesterday and might be closest.

I hope McIlroy brings it home for himself, and all his backers on here. He looked a bit shaky towards the end of round two, but yesterday he looked in control. If McIlroy wins it might free him up to win a bunch of majors.

Comment

My bro put 100 on Cabrera yesterday @ 150. He is asking what his best options are now. I am trying to work it out. I think its to lay Cabrera down to 0 and put half of it on him in the w/o market @ 5.8. Anyone think of a better option?

Comment

I've only done a few match bet accums for tonight but I'm really rooting for Rory.He has a decent chance of becoming this islands greatest sporting hero.Here's hoping tonight is the first of his many majors.

Comment

Only have Luke Donald left in contention but really hope McIlroy holds out , really looking forward to the nights golf.

Comment

Just looking at the w/o Rory market and I think Bo van Pelt is a juicy price. His rounds have improved all week 73, 69, 68. He is driving the ball well, is putting well and is a decent scrambler. At -6 he might be thinking that he doesn't really have a chance to win it and the pressure is somewhat off. He has been pretty strong on the back nine all week too, he is level par for the front nine. He is currently 36 on Betfair and I think its worth a very small punt.

Comment

I don't know if it's because it's the first of the year or because the course is so familiar to most but if the Majors' were narrowed down to one The Masters would be the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                            I don't know if it's because it's the first of the year or because the course is so familiar to most but if the Majors' were narrowed down to one The Masters would be the one.
                                                                            The Open >>>>>>> Masters > US Open >>>>>>> USPGA

imo

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                              The Open >>>>>>> Masters > US Open >>>>>>> USPGA

imo
                                                                              I think as you'll get older the Major that you can dedicate a full weekend to will always be The Masters.
                                                                              I also think the casual golf fan knows the entire back 9 of Augusta as if they played it.

If the Open was on St Andrews every year obviously there would be no competition.
                                                                              Last edited by Sirtoyou; 10-04-11, 18:25.

Comment

Masters rules all

Comment

Tiger 2 under after 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                    I think as you'll get older the Major that you can dedicate a full weekend to will always be The Masters.
                                                                                    I also think the casual golf fan knows the entire back 9 of Augusta as if they played it.

If the Open was on St Andrews every year obviously there would be no competition.
                                                                                    I can agree with that. I think the Masters = Open and then the US Open is after that with the PGA lagging a long way behind.

The Masters is the first one of the year and that makes it special and the green jacket too but links golf is the greatest and it makes the Open so so special.

Comment

Great stuff from Schwartzel

Comment

Come on Charl!!!! Let's get the pressure on Rory early.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Epic Rory
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Rory, get it together!

Comment

Need Ogilvy to string a decent run together for a top 10 finish. Happy enough with my lay on tiger. ......for now

Comment

par save beaut.

Comment

Wow Schwartzel

Comment

Shwartzel is god

Comment

Huge up and down there. Not good its like two shots dropped to the field over the first two holes but very important that he got that for his putting confidence.

Wow Schwartzel.

Comment

Charl, Charl Charl. Run goot or what
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

This is insane. You'd imagine you were watching a highlights of the year. Some incredible shots played today and we're barely into it!

Comment

Jesus, Rory's lead gone already.

Comment

Flag on 3 in a very kind position.

Didn't expect it to be this epic this early.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Topped up a bit on Tiger after he recovered from the bogie at 25s, back into 4/1 again. Go go Tiger, gonna be amazing if he can eagle this next one

Comment

Oh man, this is incredible

Comment

GET IN THE HOLE

Comment

Wow Tiger coming from behind like never before. This is gonna be one epic final day.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                        Wow Tiger coming from behind like never before. .
                                                                                                                        Prob not true

Comment

Great save there by Tiger

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X