No announcement yet.

Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son Derry went and backed stuart Appleby ew at 125/1. now -3 after 3 holes!!! When to lay is the question.

Comment

Tiger Woods birdies the 1st, and he moves in to 7/1 fav for the tourney!!!! Some reaction.

Comment

The PGA of America is one of the world's largest sports organizations, composed of PGA of America Golf Professionals who work daily to grow interest and participation in the game of golf.

Nice little "my leaderboard" feature
        click on the "+" beside your guys and it creates a mini leaderboard at the top of the page so you don't have to go looking for them

I don't know how long it lasts though

Comment

Once your on the same computer, it lasts until the tourney is over.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
            My son Derry went and backed stuart Appleby ew at 125/1. now -3 after 3 holes!!! When to lay is the question.
            now just back him ew @ 66/1

Comment

tiger starts birdie birdie and is now 9/2
              16/1 was just too big to turn down, many of you on here back him???

Comment

any one have a good link for the golf ?
                You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Just Tiger's group.

The best sports coverage from around the world, covering: Football, Cricket, Golf, Rugby, WWE, Boxing, Tennis and much more.

Everything else

Comment

Originally posted by sixtwo View Post
                    tiger starts birdie birdie and is now 9/2
                    16/1 was just too big to turn down, many of you on here back him???

Agree 16/1 might be worth a flutter but he went 4/1 after 3 or 4 holes????? who are these crazy people backing him into that???
                    twitter
                    moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                      Agree 16/1 might be worth a flutter but he went 4/1 after 3 or 4 holes????? who are these crazy people backing him into that???
                      It's the layers running scared

Comment

McIlroy now the worst price I've seen pre-tourny in a major.

Comment

I laid Woods, backed Cabrera,Clarke and Lowry. With a bit of luck at big odds one of them will run good and will get a green screen early.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                            Thsi week I will mostly be cheering on Scot Martin Laird at 490s. He went well in the WGC for 15th place. The USPGA might be a bit windy, and I notice Laird's best finish this year was 4th in Hawaii where two of the rounds were breezy. He is a big lad and I think big units do better in the wind. I ignore the inferior skills and talents of all other players.
                            Martin Laird starts with a two under par 70. A howling gale for the late starters please.

Comment

trying to figure out why I didn't back Ryan Moore
                              fitted my plan of attack and all that

Comment

Does anyone know the story reguarding 3 ball betting. i did an accum. If one of ur guys ties in his group. is it void from the accum of is the bet dead ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony3004 View Post
                                  Does anyone know the story reguarding 3 ball betting. i did an accum. If one of ur guys ties in his group. is it void from the accum of is the bet dead ?
                                  think its paid as a dead heat in a 3 ball

Comment

accum i did was ernie,M kaymer, Fernandez castano , molinari, furyk, and chris wood to win their three balls. kaymer, molinari and furyk are home and dry. F castano leadin by 1 stroke and ernie pissin his. chris wood is down two shots to snedeker with 4 to play tho.. worth 2k if it comes in.

Comment

Villegas and Molinari both are 66 to 1, yet to t-off, better odds on betfair.

deffo worth score each, -1 both

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                        Villegas and Molinari both are 66 to 1, yet to t-off, better odds on betfair.

deffo worth score each, -1 both
                                        95 and 130 respectively, why would anyone bet golf and not use the machine

Comment

and of course my man chris wood shoots 4 under today to rub it in.

Comment

[quote=Tony3004;132187]

Originally posted by Tony3004 View Post
                                            and of course my man chris wood shoots 4 under today to rub it in.
                                            Ballsy accum V unlucky. This happens nearly all the time, shooting birdies the next day like shelling peas.

Comment

can sonebody tell me how tiger made 6 pars in a row last night
                                              hit the ball everywhere

also bubba watson starts birdie birdie, then 3 putts from four feet and decides not to try anymore

Comment

hit the ball everywhere

also bubba watson starts birdie birdie, then 3 putts from four feet and decides not to try anymore

Yes, he started birdie birdie, and then bogeyed the 4th. He then birdied the 5th, 10th and 11th, but finished with 3 bogeys in the last 7 holes. Does that sound like a man not trying? Do you understand how tough this course is? Watson was 5 under after he bogeyed that 4th hole, and after playing in very tough conditions, he finished 5 under. I think he did well considering.

Connie

Comment

[QUOTE=connie147;133162]Yes, he started birdie birdie, and then bogeyed the 4th. He then birdied the 5th, 10th and 11th, but finished with 3 bogeys in the last 7 holes. Does that sound like a man not trying? Do you understand how tough this course is? Watson was 5 under after he bogeyed that 4th hole, and after playing in very tough conditions, he finished 5 under. I think he did well considering.

i am well aware how hard the course is, considering i can actually play golf at a decent level, i know what am talking about

Comment

i am well aware how hard the course is, considering i can actually play golf at a decent level, i know what am talking about
                                                    Whats your handicap?

In golf that is
                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                      Whats your handicap?

In golf that is
                                                      sixtytwo
                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Whats your handicap?

In golf that is

lower than yours put it that way

Comment

lower than yours put it that way
                                                          What is it then? Come on out with it.
                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

What is it then? Come on out with it.

2 (1.8) you????

Comment

2 (1.8) you????
                                                              I didn't claim to have a lower handicap than you.

So tell us what do you have to shoot to gain .1 and what do you have to shoot to lose .1?

Comment

Ive Backed Jeff Overton in the 2-ball v Poulter at 1.86 on BF (8/11 pp).
                                                                He might not play but if he does its worth a stretch.

Ian Poulter
                                                                (2 tweets today)

Off to bed 2 tshirts on shorts long socks, im freezing im sure it wont take long to start sweating again.
                                                                Updated 9hrs ago
                                                                Ian Poulter
                                                                (2 tweets today)

Sorry guys tried but couldnt hang in, feeling horrific, very high temp, chest infection, not sure if im going to play tomorrow,
                                                                Updated 9hrs 16mins ago
                                                                Ian Poulter
                                                                (2 tweets today)

Teeing off in 30 mins can't get off the sofa. I guess I better get going come on body another 18 that's all.
                                                                Updated 17hrs 44mins ago
                                                                Ian Poulter
                                                                (2 tweets today)

Feeling horrific today bad chest infection, antibiotics and some other tablets to help wit

Comment

I didn't claim to have a lower handicap than you.

So tell us what do you have to shoot to gain .1 and what do you have to shoot to lose .1?

to lose .1 i have to break standard scratch by 1 (ss generally -1)
                                                                  to gain .1 fail to match standard scratch by 1 (+1)

anyway forget about that Nick Whatney still 6/4 going into todays round, thoughts??

Comment

anyway forget about that Nick Whatney still 6/4 going into todays round, thoughts??
                                                                    I think Watney's price is a little big. He's a closer, and has definitely got the game to win majors, and he's played the first few holes superbly over the week which can help settle him. Price is maybe a little big due to the fact that five of the top six are overpriced given Rory's continuous false price. Dustin and Day are my biggest winner, Watney is good too, going to add Kaymer and Liang now, as Kaymer for me has the least question marks (with Watney) and Liang as at the prices easier to back him than lay off others to green.

Really finding it difficult to know how to react to Rory, while this tournament may or may not show that he's already ready to win majors, it certainly shows that in market terms, he is probably the second strongest influence on the planet. Even more than Phil now imo. Yesterday the market just loved him all day, no matter what he looked like doing. I kind of want to green up but feel dirty doing it at a price that looks a good point/point and a half short to me.

In terms of trading early today, Day is the most interesting to me. He's played the first six holes in 6 under in the 3 rounds combined this week, and hasn't had a bogey in those 18 holes. I really like the kid too, got a great attitude, and I think he'll hold up to the demands of this situation better than most.

Would love Dustin/Day to do it for monetary and personal, anyone but Rory/Furyk is good at the moment but I'll prob even out over the first few holes I'd say.
                                                                    Last edited by The C Kid; 15-08-10, 13:43.

Comment

If Watney falls back it's wide open, and it brings in the 60+ to 1s in . Kucher can only improve on yesterday, still not out of it. worth a few bobs. Suppsed to get windy later wll make the finall 2 holes crucial. footstool and beers at the ready.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                        Would love Dustin/Day to do it for monetary and personal, anyone but Rory/Furyk is good at the moment but I'll prob even out over the first few holes I'd say.
                                                                        No prob if you don't want to answer but interested on what roi you can make on events like this. Obviously there are a lot of variables and decisions on greening up etc but do you aim for a certain roi?

Comment

advice please - my books currently kaymer 1500
                                                                          watney minus 600
                                                                          rory mc 400
                                                                          field 80

Best recommended way to green book please?
                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

hit the ball everywhere

[quote=sixtwo;133190]
                                                                            Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                            Yes, he started birdie birdie, and then bogeyed the 4th. He then birdied the 5th, 10th and 11th, but finished with 3 bogeys in the last 7 holes. Does that sound like a man not trying? Do you understand how tough this course is? Watson was 5 under after he bogeyed that 4th hole, and after playing in very tough conditions, he finished 5 under. I think he did well considering.

Something Id like to know from a 2 handicappers point of view as Im obviously nowhere near that standard, and as you say, you obviously know what your talking about.
                                                                            Why then, does a player of Bubba Watsons standard not try to win a major? I thought he was tring his heart out, but that he simply isnt good enough.

Connie

Edited to say, how many shots would Bubba have won by if he had kept trying?
                                                                            Last edited by connie147; 16-08-10, 00:27.

Comment

Have laid Dustin, think he is plenty short enough. I think McIlroy is too short too fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                Have laid Dustin, think he is plenty short enough. I think McIlroy is too short too fwiw.
                                                                                Ive back Dustin, havent layed Rory but i think he is plenty short enough

Comment

Dustin gonna Tiger today.

Comment

This is gonna be an epic round

Comment

Wrong.

Comment

There is a real changing of the guard air about this isn't there? Only 1 guy over 30 in the top 6. And when you look at the British Open Watney, Kaymer and McIlroy were at the top end of the field too and of course it was a twenty something that won that too.

Comment

There is a real changing of the guard air about this isn't there? Only 1 guy over 30 in the top 6. And when you look at the British Open Watney, Kaymer and McIlroy were at the top end of the field too and of course it was a twenty something that won that too.
                                                                                          Woods will stage a Phil Tayloresque return to supremecy, hes just too good not too. You can see it in patches, just needs to get his head right

Comment

No changing of the guard if they keep playing final rounds like this, everyone looks super nervous so far.

Gonna be a good Day, a Jason Day.

Comment

got villegas and Kuchar at huge odds, gimme a sweat lads it;s all I ask

Comment

got villegas and Kuchar at huge odds, gimme a sweat lads it;s all I ask
                                                                                                Villegas is on fire

Comment

No changing of the guard if they keep playing final rounds like this, everyone looks super nervous so far.

Gonna be a good Day, a Jason Day.
                                                                                                  Yeah its wide open still, too many that we don't really know how they'll react on the back 9. Watney has always been pretty solid but you just know at least one of Dustin, Rory or Nicky's boy Martin will come at him and I'm not ruling out the others either.

Comment

Kaymer is a lock here, will win easy imo

Comment

feckin 8 under could win this

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                        Kaymer is a lock here, will win easy imo
                                                                                                        Presume NicNicNic is hiding behind the sofa, would be well deserved for both!

Comment

Villegas just doubled I think

Comment

Its rounds like this that make you realise how good Tiger and Phil are/were, whatever the case may be

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                              Its rounds like this that make you realise how good Tiger and Phil are/were, whatever the case may be
                                                                                                              Phil a little, but Tiger was just the most insane closer the world will ever see. Man was a machine.

Comment

Phil a little, but Tiger was just the most insane closer the world will ever see. Man was a machine.
                                                                                                                Was? are you giving up

Comment

Just to clear up when I said changing of the guard I was talking more about players who have been regular high finishers in majors. I'm not talking about Tiger, he is in his prime golfing years. I just think he doesn't have that hunger that makes him ruthless right now. He has been through therapy and I mentioned what I'm saying here at the time he came back. He had a whole different demeanour about him. I do expect that at some stage in the next 6 months or so that he will just suddenly 'want it more' again.

I'm talking about the other guys that were up there in top tens like Toms, Love, Singh, Appleby, Allenby, Leonard, Kelly, Perry, Weir and Freddy Couples. They have had a long time at the top of the game but there is finally a group of younger players who are making a name for themselves. There was a period where nobody was breaking through but its definitely changing now.

Comment

Just to clear up when I said changing of the guard I was talking more about players who have been regular high finishers in majors. I'm not talking about Tiger, he is in his prime golfing years. I just think he doesn't have that hunger that makes him ruthless right now. He has been through therapy and I mentioned what I'm saying here at the time he came back. He had a whole different demeanour about him. I do expect that at some stage in the next 6 months or so that he will just suddenly 'want it more' again.

I'm talking about the other guys that were up there in top tens like Toms, Love, Singh, Appleby, Allenby, Leonard, Kelly, Perry, Weir and Freddy Couples. They have had a long time at the top of the game but there is finally a group of younger players who are making a name for themselves. There was a period where nobody was breaking through but its definitely changing now.
                                                                                                                    so hitting a 59 and winning a PGA tourny signals the end. ace can i use it ->

Comment

Nobody wants this, Watney in massive trouble here.

Comment

so hitting a 59 and winning a PGA tourny signals the end. ace can i use it ->
                                                                                                                        Willie in fairness, your picking an isolated result here. EE does have a bit of a point.

Comment

This is an incredible final round!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X