This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    New record hands in a day, head is fried though.

Most of my record hand days have a big graph moving downwards.
    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just posting my ukipt exit hand just want to ensure it seems ok as i thought my IO exit hand was fine until ye put me in my place. Im also interested in the following

How do we play 1010,jj,QQ in my spot? Fwiw i fold 1010 & JJ is this horribly weak? I shove QQ i guess.

Do we shove KK,AA or 4 bet? I assume shove?

Also how do we play 1010 in his spot i personally call and take a flop in that situation vs unknown. I really hate 3 betting and calling my 4 bet shove. Obviously 3 bet folding is horrific aswell. Is 3 bet calling a shove really a good move i didnt even think about it until i realised villian was very good.

Here the post anyway

Blinds are 400-800 i raise to 1.9k in ep and new guy to table makes it 5.6k in lmp i dwell for a few seconds count my stack and shove for 24k in total he takes a few seconds and calls with 1010

Im pretty sure its perfectly ok to get it in here for 30bbs with AK. Any thoughts ? Good,bad,indifferent?

I didnt like the call with 10s i think its a fold with no history i assumed it was just a random player but i think from looking at the pics that its actually gavonater so now im also interested in whether my thinking about folding 10s there is wrong. I mean i probably dont 3 bet them vs an unknown so it plays different.
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Standard imo. Yeah i peel pre with 10s in his spot too. Not a fan of 3betting an ep raiser with 10s. I'm prob 4b shoving JJ+ AK v randomer in your shoes.

Comment

it's only 30bbs, not exactly crazy to be getting it in with 1010.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
            Level 80/160

UTG(4.4k) opens to 400, UTG+1(6.5k) 3bets to 1075, folded to BB(5.8k) who 4bets to 1750.

What's your range(or range you can give) for this move in BB?
            Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            QQ+
            The bet size of the BB doesn't look sick strong to you?
            I'm UTG+1 here with KK, SB folds, what's my next move?

Obv I ran into AA but the point of me posting was to see if villain's range could have been shortened. At the time I gave a range of QQ+, like Emmet said, but the hand has played on my mind ever since, only because the thought of folding KK came into my head for the first time, albeit for a split second though. Instead I shoved.

Looking back at the hand now and villain's bet sizing I think there is only one hand in my own range that makes that play(a small cold 4bet oop). I flat QQ/AK there, 4bet KK/AA but would make it a standard 2.6k+ with KK.

Hand is from a €320 IO sat so it's not your standard low stakes game either. I think that's how much the buy-in was anyway.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Like I said by PM, it's all down to how good the BB is, and how good he perceives the UTG+1 to be. Do you have any other info on them?

I think you've taken everything you need to take from the hand tbh, though you may have gotten the loots in bad, it will have added a layer of thought to your overall game imo. Something that can be extremely beneficial I think. It's not like you're going to get this scenario again very often, but seeing a Cold 4bet in this kind of scenario will make you think a bit again.

I got KK in 300bbs deep vs an obvious AA and thought I'd done nothing wrong - cooler move on blah blah, but Steve made me post the hand, and I realised that 4betting in the spot that I had couldn't have been even worse! It made me think much more about how I react to 3bets, with premiums in and out of position, and really made me think a lot more about what people do with what. Which seems to be the part of the game that when you can get mastery of, you can take the game by the scruff of the neck!

Comment

Good post, ty again.

Like I said by PM, it's all down to how good the BB is, and how good he perceives the UTG+1 to be. Do you have any other info on them?
                I had played my hands pretty well up to this point(imo obv). This is my 2nd 3bet iirc. UTG has been playing more hands that most and not great either. BB has been solid, no crazy moves and playing pretty standard abc poker I guess.

I think you've taken everything you need to take from the hand tbh, though you may have gotten the loots in bad, it will have added a layer of thought to your overall game imo. Something that can be extremely beneficial I think. It's not like you're going to get this scenario again very often, but seeing a Cold 4bet in this kind of scenario will make you think a bit again.
                Makes a whole lot of sense.

I got KK in 300bbs deep vs an obvious AA and thought I'd done nothing wrong - cooler move on blah blah, but Steve made me post the hand, and I realised that 4betting in the spot that I had couldn't have been even worse! It made me think much more about how I react to 3bets, with premiums in and out of position, and really made me think a lot more about what people do with what. Which seems to be the part of the game that when you can get mastery of, you can take the game by the scruff of the neck!
                Link to this KK v AA hand?
                Last edited by Caf; 21-05-11, 02:13.

Comment

Comment

read NewApproach's hand in the UKIPT thread where he folds JJ in somewhat similar if not easier circumstances also...

Comment

So I'm going to join a training website, which ones are people currently liking or is it all the one really? Good small and mid stakes nl 6 max and to a much lesser extent some good tournament videos would be what I'm after.
                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Quick one: Probably straight forward enough.

20nl

Effective stacks 100b.

I open AsKs in CO to $.70. BB (no reads/no stats) calls.

Pot: 1.50
                        Flop: KhQs6s

Villain checks. I bet $1. Villain raises to $4.50. I call.

Pot: 10.50
                        Turn is Ac.

Villain open shoves $14.80: Hero?
                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'm not folding anyway
                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I prob just shubble the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                              So I'm going to join a training website, which ones are people currently liking or is it all the one really? Good small and mid stakes nl 6 max and to a much lesser extent some good tournament videos would be what I'm after.
                              Same. Dont know who to join atm considering american players wont be making videos atm.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                I prob just shubble the flop.
                                And failing that shnapple the turn
                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Yup Yup. Thats what I thought. I did snap so very fast.

Still, it made me re:thnk what his range would be for c/r the flop and then how this turn card affects it.

He prob c/r the flop with some flushdraws like 10Js 910s, 89s, 78s, 108s(if he defend with this). He'd also do it with KQ, 66 , perhaps 10J.

He prob shoves the turn with a lot of these too? Hows that range for you guys?

Also,

How much do you think he take this line with SFA given the CO v BB dynamics?
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                    Quick one: Probably straight forward enough.

20nl

Effective stacks 100b.

I open AsKs in CO to $.70. BB (no reads/no stats) calls.

Pot: 1.50
                                    Flop: KhQs6s

Villain checks. I bet $1. Villain raises to $4.50. I call.

Pot: 10.50
                                    Turn is Ac.

Villain open shoves $14.80: Hero?
                                    level?

Comment

Happy with deucescracked as far as videos for 6max NL go.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                        Happy with deucescracked as far as videos for 6max NL go.
                                        How has the quality been since black friday? I'd actually forgotten about that, very US heavy sites will suffer alot as a result of that.

Comment

Oh and in that last hand, are we as quick to snap with AKo?

Comment

Seems decent even since bf, massive back catalogue to go through anyway. 20euro a month with no signup deposit Im happy enough for the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              Oh and in that last hand, are we as quick to snap with AKo?
                                              KQ has to be a big part of his range along with some other 2pairs depending on how bad he is so yea definitely.

Comment

I hadn't even realised we'd the nfd! So yeah I'd definitely still be calling the turn.

Comment

Didn't notice the nfd initially either, surely the only reason you flat the 3bet is so that you dont make him fold worse on the flop?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                    Didn't notice the nfd initially either, surely the only reason you flat the 3bet is so that you dont make him fold worse on the flop?
                                                    I didnt get 3bet? I assume you mean the flop raise but yeah, exactly. I reckon if I 3bet the flop he folds out a ton of hands that Ive absolutely crushed.

I was really just curious as to how the A on the turn affects his range and frequencies.

Comment

Sorry yea, Im half asleep, think he's going to push almost any turn, JT is the only fresh worry.

Comment

Yeah but does he bluff over shove the A turn very often?

I dont think so, so then his range becomes 66, KQ, 10J? Maybe some combo draws like 910s, 108s?

Ultimately, Im just trying to see if my range estimation is ok since I havent played in a while.

Comment

Just a quick one.

Final Table of the $2.5k on stars (prizepool is $14k fwiw)

SB is playing 8/6 with a Steal of 10% over 65 hands. What do we like?

PokerStars Game #62600416736: Tournament #396971560, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXVI (10000/20000) - 2011/05/27 1:13:37 WET [2011/05/26 20:13:37 ET]
                                                          Table '396971560 50' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
                                                          Seat 1: Pokerplayeir (673509 in chips)
                                                          Seat 2: jako-volk28 (246150 in chips)
                                                          Seat 3: FlushdrawIRE (588975 in chips)
                                                          Seat 4: clunged (757661 in chips)
                                                          Seat 5: MontrealPaul (452380 in chips)
                                                          Seat 6: dogbert888 (753503 in chips)
                                                          Seat 8: Joshyml1 (245274 in chips)
                                                          Seat 9: Hackysack27 (470548 in chips)
                                                          Pokerplayeir: posts the ante 2000
                                                          jako-volk28: posts the ante 2000
                                                          FlushdrawIRE: posts the ante 2000
                                                          clunged: posts the ante 2000
                                                          MontrealPaul: posts the ante 2000
                                                          dogbert888: posts the ante 2000
                                                          Joshyml1: posts the ante 2000
                                                          Hackysack27: posts the ante 2000
                                                          jako-volk28: posts small blind 10000
                                                          FlushdrawIRE: posts big blind 20000
                                                          *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                          Dealt to FlushdrawIRE [8d As]
                                                          clunged: folds
                                                          MontrealPaul: folds
                                                          dogbert888: folds
                                                          Joshyml1: folds
                                                          Hackysack27: folds
                                                          Pokerplayeir: folds
                                                          jako-volk28: raises 80000 to 100000
                                                          FlushdrawIRE: ??

Comment

Id Fold. I dont play tournaments but it seems like anything else is bad.

Comment

with a steal as low as that id expect it must be a fold

Comment

Yeah thought so, cheers

Comment

blind vs blind and he has 12 bigs ? im not folding...

Comment

I shipped and ran into AJ. Wasn't 100% sure if it's optimal against a player that has been folding his button and SB regularly. Had a similar scenario the very next orbit (him with the bigger stack this time) and he folded when i shipped after he made it 100k again.

Comment

If he had been folding his button and SB regularly then I'd fold.
                                                                      He playing way too tight, so we need to be tighter when looking him up imo

Comment

Line Check????

Blinds 1/2k live game 5 players left 210k in play i have 15k on the button sb cirra 60k bb cirra 15k i look down at 910o on the button, this is a shove right??? sorry two prizes although third will prob be paid as well?

Comment

yes
                                                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

sorry one more line check

blinds 50/100 in SB with A5s 8 players on the table although 3 absent player UTG limps Button Limps, sb (Me) limps, bb checks, all stack sizes between 12-18k, Flop comes Ks5x5x, i check BB gets 300, UTG folds button calls i raise 1200, bb re-pops 3000 button folds action to me????

Comment

Id call and crai on the turn.
                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

What you make of this pre ante in the million.

No real info on villians, squeezer is a supernova

PokerStars Game #62715524601: Tournament #422020010, $200+$15 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (100/200) - 2011/05/29 22:27:48 WET [2011/05/29 17:27:48 ET]
                                                                                Table '422020010 399' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
                                                                                Seat 1: valik333 (10375 in chips)
                                                                                Seat 2: danutpeddler (12907 in chips)
                                                                                Seat 3: auuuuutsch!! (18350 in chips)
                                                                                Seat 4: aah Bisto (9800 in chips)
                                                                                Seat 5: play6969 (9325 in chips)
                                                                                Seat 6: TecShadow (8325 in chips)
                                                                                Seat 7: playboy99999 (7810 in chips)
                                                                                Seat 8: Bushman (10675 in chips)
                                                                                Seat 9: SD311 (10745 in chips)
                                                                                aah Bisto: posts small blind 100
                                                                                play6969: posts big blind 200
                                                                                *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                Dealt to danutpeddler [Td Tc]
                                                                                TecShadow: folds
                                                                                playboy99999: folds
                                                                                Bushman: folds
                                                                                SD311: raises 400 to 600
                                                                                valik333: folds
                                                                                danutpeddler: calls 600
                                                                                auuuuutsch!!: raises 1425 to 2025
                                                                                aah Bisto: folds
                                                                                play6969: folds
                                                                                SD311: folds
                                                                                danutpeddler: folds
                                                                                Uncalled bet (1425) returned to auuuuutsch!!
                                                                                auuuuutsch!! collected 2100 from pot
                                                                                auuuuutsch!!: doesn't show hand
                                                                                *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                                Total pot 2100 | Rake 0
                                                                                Seat 1: valik333 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                                Seat 2: danutpeddler folded before Flop
                                                                                Seat 3: auuuuutsch!! (button) collected (2100)
                                                                                Seat 4: aah Bisto (small blind) folded before Flop
                                                                                Seat 5: play6969 (big blind) folded before Flop
                                                                                Seat 6: TecShadow folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                                Seat 7: playboy99999 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                                Seat 8: Bushman folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                                                                                Seat 9: SD311 folded before Flop

Comment

Looks fine would play the same, congrats on score earlier

Comment

nice one. I lost ak < at and jj < qq and went down to 7 bigs with 25 left.

Remember that next time you have to grind it out

Comment

What's the best way to proceed? Only at the table 5/6 hands so no reads and haven't seen a limp UTG in hours. Pretty deep table for an MTT

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 22 Tournament, 3500/7000 Blinds 700 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t302324)
                                                                                      CO (t137329)
                                                                                      Button (t151850)
                                                                                      Hero (SB) (t282764)
                                                                                      BB (t249293)
                                                                                      UTG (t79878)
                                                                                      UTG+1 (t203415)
                                                                                      MP1 (t326790)

Hero's M: 17.56

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4, 4
                                                                                      UTG calls t7000, 4 folds, Button calls t7000, Hero calls t3500, BB checks

Flop: (t33600) 4, 5, 5 (4 players)
                                                                                      Hero ???

Comment

I'd never fold there ever. I'm not exactly sure what I would do next though. I think that odd pretty interesting spot though.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                          I'd never fold there ever. I'm not exactly sure what I would do next though. I think that odd pretty interesting spot though.
                                                                                          I wasn't folding

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                            Yeah post flop will be a nightmare oop, now getting set mining odds and don't want to 4bet/get it in.

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                                                                              Yeah post flop will be a nightmare oop, now getting set mining odds and don't want to 4bet/get it in.
                                                                                              Yeah, stack sizes are a bit annoying for a 4bet, I actually read it on my phone first time and didn't realise he was the button, I thought we were IP. Nice handy converter here for you!!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP3 (t10375)
                                                                                              Hero (CO) (t12907)
                                                                                              Button (t18350)
                                                                                              SB (t9800)
                                                                                              BB (t9325)
                                                                                              UTG (t8325)
                                                                                              UTG+1 (t7810)
                                                                                              MP1 (t10675)
                                                                                              MP2 (t10745)

Hero's M: 43.02

Preflop: Hero is CO with 10, 10
                                                                                              3 folds, MP2 bets t600, 1 fold, Hero calls t600, Button raises to t2025, 4 folds

Total pot: t2100

I don't have much experience playing tournaments to know how light/often people would sqz here in this position but being OOP I don't blame you for folding, it's going to be horrible to have to play on the flop given the stack sizes there will only be 2 streets of play left.

On an aside if we had about 40bbs here, would people be happy enough to back-raise allin?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                What's the best way to proceed? Only at the table 5/6 hands so no reads and haven't seen a limp UTG in hours. Pretty deep table for an MTT

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 22 Tournament, 3500/7000 Blinds 700 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t302324)
                                                                                                CO (t137329)
                                                                                                Button (t151850)
                                                                                                Hero (SB) (t282764)
                                                                                                BB (t249293)
                                                                                                UTG (t79878)
                                                                                                UTG+1 (t203415)
                                                                                                MP1 (t326790)

Hero's M: 17.56

UTG calls t7000, 4 folds, Button calls t7000, Hero calls t3500, BB checks

Hero ???
                                                                                                I'd be checking, and trying to get to a river letting someone else build the pot along the way.

Comment

I'd be checking, and trying to get to a river letting someone else build the pot along the way.

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks

Turn: (t33600) A (4 players)
                                                                                                  Hero ???

Comment

with 40 bigs, prob 3bet/ getting it in vs the MP2 raiser. Facing the cold 4 bet, mmmmm not sure, don't really like turning 1010 into air.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Button checks

Turn: (t33600) A (4 players)
                                                                                                      Hero ???
                                                                                                      16850

Comment

Just a quick easy one here. Am I getting max value here or do any play it different?

Poker Stars $5.00+$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1326411
                                                                                                        DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): t2826 47.10 BBs
                                                                                                        BTN: t1730 28.83 BBs
                                                                                                        SB: t1850 30.83 BBs
                                                                                                        BB: t4143 69.05 BBs
                                                                                                        UTG: t2185 36.42 BBs
                                                                                                        UTG+1: t1460 24.33 BBs
                                                                                                        UTG+2: t3740 62.33 BBs
                                                                                                        MP1: t1535 25.58 BBs
                                                                                                        MP2: t4531 75.52 BBs

Pre Flop: (t90) Hero is CO with K :diamond: A :club:
                                                                                                        3 folds, MP1 calls t60, MP2 raises to t240, Hero calls t240, 1 fold, SB calls t210, 2 folds

Flop: (t840) 9 :club: K :club: 4 :heart: (3 players)
                                                                                                        SB checks, MP2 bets t420, Hero calls t420, SB folds

Turn: (t1680) 6 :heart: (2 players)
                                                                                                        MP2 checks, Hero checks

River: (t1680) K :heart: (2 players)
                                                                                                        MP2 checks, Hero bets t660, MP2 calls t660

Comment

Mentioned this hand in bbv but don't fancy starting a thread for it..you guys are good enough for me

23 runner €100+10 tourney in local casino. 15k starting stack w/ 2k early bird so Average starting stack was somewhere around the 16.5k mark.

4th hand of FT, villain has taken down the last 2 hands after opening pre and taking them down w/o showdown. Haven't played w/ villain at all in this tourney and don't have much table time with him in general. I know he's a good agg player, capable of moves and he would know I'm aggressive as well.

Blinds 1k/2k
                                                                                                          Effective stack: Mine, circa 55k (Villain playing around 70k)

Folds to villain in co and he makes it 5k. Folds to me in bb w/1010.

What's our line? 3bet to induce? Shove? Call?
                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

@Megasin bet the turn imo. Definitely value to be had there. Clubs on the river kill our action when we're ahead and empty us when we're facing a FD there.

@sligboi, thats kind of a cool hand, because calling, folding and 3betting all have merits.

Comment

Even if the villian if the villian seems kinda aggro?

Forgot to put that in

Comment

@ Emmet im not really a fan of folding 1010 there that seems pretty bad.

I think i take a flop and evaluate from there. I dont like 3 betting unless ive been 3 betting a hell of a lot and have some weird history.

Its not a nice spot to be trying to play oop but i think calling is the best of 3.
                                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

if he is aggressive, he's going to be putting you to the test on a lot of J+ boards, and we're going to have to make some fairly serious hero calls imo to warrant playing TT there.

If he fires flop and turn on QJ49 and leaves a psb left, are you calling the turn bet? I just think that vs an aggro player, its difficult to make money oop with tens here. He can have all kinds of junky Js,Qs,Ks and As and we're going to end up turning our hand into a bluff (even with the best hand) a lot to try and take the pot.

Comment

if he is aggressive, he's going to be putting you to the test on a lot of J+ boards, and we're going to have to make some fairly serious hero calls imo to warrant playing TT there.

If he fires flop and turn on QJ49 and leaves a psb left, are you calling the turn bet? I just think that vs an aggro player, its difficult to make money oop with tens here. He can have all kinds of junky Js,Qs,Ks and As and we're going to end up turning our hand into a bluff (even with the best hand) a lot to try and take the pot.
                                                                                                                    Theres a ton of flops that can come i dont like our hand here and you make a valid point but im never folding and im never 3 betting in that exact situation. As i said il evaluate cant really say much more about it.
                                                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

another line check

blinds 100/200 live game 8 handed table effective stacks fo the hand cirra 14k

folds to me on the btn i have Q10o make it 500, sb folds bb calls - reads on him so far is very little haven't seen many shown down hands although he plays aggressively and normally shows up with the goods

flop QxAx6x

It goes check/check

turn Q

it goes check, i bet 1100 i get checked raised to 3300, i flat

river 10

again he checks i best 2200 and get checked raised again to 5.5k

taughts on what he might show up with here?? how did i play the hand?? what do you do on the river??

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                                        blinds 100/200 live game 8 handed table effective stacks fo the hand cirra 14k

folds to me on the btn i have Q10o make it 500, sb folds bb calls - reads on him so far is very little haven't seen many shown down hands although he plays aggressively and normally shows up with the goods

flop QxAx6x

It goes check/check

turn Q

it goes check, i bet 1100 i get checked raised to 3300, i flat

river 10

again he checks i best 2200 and get checked raised again to 5.5k

taughts on what he might show up with here?? how did i play the hand?? what do you do on the river??
                                                                                                                        Played fine i dont like a river call but im not folding.
                                                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

@sligboi - I'm not folding here. I also don't like calling. You're OOP with a mid pair and 25 Big blinds. I'd 3bet to 13k - with every intention on calling a shove - it is the final table. The problem you have is if the flop comes with overcards. A shove prelflop won't fold out JJ/QQ/KK but it might fold out 55-99 and ATo+ - not really what you want. Fuck - Tens are a shit hand IMO.

@pgodkin - There's an outside chance he's got AQ/AA - if so then NH. If you think that's what he has then call, but he also could have 66 or a raggy ace. I'm getting it all in here on the river after the CR. As per the hand - I'm leading all streets.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X