Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be cbetting that 100%. It doesn't even need to be a big one. Even 2000 would be enough.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
      I'd be cbetting that 100%. It doesn't even need to be a big one. Even 2000 would be enough.
      Im with this big time. That board misses him so much.
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

This guy was back grinding 20nl today.

pokertableratings.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, pokertableratings.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Anyone that played that filghj guy do ye actually think he is much good? Im not impressed by him he does weird stuff. He is obviously not bad but hes far from great.
        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

everyone's played filhgj, he's just a tight nit that plays ABC poker and grinds the RB.

He's awkward to have at your tables because there's no soft money to be made from him. He's not necessarily good, but he's got a lot less holes than the majority of the guys around him.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            everyone's played filhgj, he's just a tight nit that plays ABC poker and grinds the RB.

He's awkward to have at your tables because there's no soft money to be made from him. He's not necessarily good, but he's got a lot less holes than the majority of the guys around him.
            He 3 bets my 2 bb button open to 12bbs on a few occasions. Im pretty sure hed be losing at 50nl. Probably beat it with rakeback i guess. he talked to me on the table aswell today but couldnt get much out of him.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

So my first session of internet poker in over 2 1/2 yrs. WTF is going on? LOL. I used to be a winning 1/2 player back in the day. Squeezing, 3-betting, 4-betting, 5-bet bluff shoves and this is 10cent/20 cent. I just going to play like a rock until I get so feel for the game flow. Fcuk me I feel old.

Comment

Originally posted by draco View Post
                So my first session of internet poker in over 2 1/2 yrs. WTF is going on? LOL. I used to be a winning 1/2 player back in the day. Squeezing, 3-betting, 4-betting, 5-bet bluff shoves and this is 10cent/20 cent. I just going to play like a rock until I get so feel for the game flow. Fcuk me I feel old.
                The game the same has changed bro. You gotta get better to stay the same. No money in poker any more, everyones solid.
                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

^^this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0iIYg3mGl4[/ame]
                  It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by draco View Post
                    20nl is only marginally softer than 50nl as far as i can see since i moved back. I seem to be running into a lot of old 50nl regs. I even notice theres a few RB pros who used to be at 100nl hanging around there.
                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Oooohhh bink

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($602.95)
                      Button ($562.65)
                      SB ($200)
                      BB ($443.80)
                      UTG ($173.55)
                      MP ($826.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 5
                      UTG calls $2, 1 fold, Hero bets $8, 1 fold, SB raises to $26, BB calls $24, 1 fold, Hero calls $18

Flop: ($82.40) 3, 2, 8 (3 players)
                      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $48, 1 fold, BB calls $48

Turn: ($178.40) 4 (2 players)
                      BB checks, Hero bets $104, BB raises to $208, Hero raises to $528.55 (All-In), BB calls $161.40 (All-In)

River: ($917.20) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $917.20 | Rake: $3

Results:
                      BB had 9, A (flush, Ace high).
                      Hero had 6, 5 (straight flush, six high).
                      Outcome: Hero won $914.20

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                        Oooohhh bink

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2.00 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (CO) ($602.95)
                        Button ($562.65)
                        SB ($200)
                        BB ($443.80)
                        UTG ($173.55)
                        MP ($826.65)

UTG calls $2, 1 fold, Hero bets $8, 1 fold, SB raises to $26, BB calls $24, 1 fold, Hero calls $18

BB checks, Hero bets $104, BB raises to $208, Hero raises to $528.55 (All-In), BB calls $161.40 (All-In)

Results:
                        So sick that deep
                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Oooohhh bink

Hero (CO) ($602.95)
                          Button ($562.65)
                          SB ($200)
                          BB ($443.80)
                          UTG ($173.55)
                          MP ($826.65)

Results:
                          lol at BBs turn raise

Comment

Ok, so flop bet should be?
                            Apart from that - lol psychics

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 75 Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP2 (t825)
                            CO (t4185)
                            Button (t650)
                            SB (t400)
                            BB (t4330)
                            Hero (UTG) (t3220)
                            UTG+1 (t4388)
                            MP1 (t4205)

Hero's M: 10.73

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, A
                            Hero bets t600, 6 folds, BB calls t400

Flop: (t1300) J, A, Q (2 players)
                            BB checks, Hero bets t600, BB calls t600

Turn: (t2500) 8 (2 players)
                            BB checks, Hero bets t2020 (All-In), BB calls t2020

River: (t6540) 7 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t6540

Results:
                            BB had Q, 7 (two pair, Queens and sevens).
                            Hero had K, A (one pair, Aces).
                            Outcome: BB won t6540
                            Last edited by Dice75; 08-04-11, 15:19.

Comment

Shove PF

Flop.
                              Your bet correlates to the strength of your hand.

Bet an amount that correlates to the board texture so you dont have any bet sizing tells based on hand strength.
                              Last edited by RoadSweeper; 08-04-11, 16:50.

Comment

Yeah I'd defo be aipf with this number of blinds from UTG.

On the flop, just try and think of your size left on the turn, and what the pot will be. Try to make a more uniform size.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                  Shove PF

Flop.
                                  Your bet correlates to the strength of your hand.

Bet an amount that correlates to the board texture so you dont have any bet sizing tells based on hand strength.
                                  Flop bet was intended to induce a shove or fold & indicate strength

Yeah I'd defo be aipf with this number of blinds from UTG.

On the flop, just try and think of your size left on the turn, and what the pot will be. Try to make a more uniform size.
                                  I could only envisage a flat call on that flop maybe 1/10 times, the 600 bet if called allowed me to shove brick turn and price him out of any draws & still add nicely to my stack.

Regarding shoving preflop - with the stack sizes given, does the 600 UTG raise not put them all in a shove or fold position most of the time. Surely we want to get value with this hand vs weaker Aces or even take on a race v a pair than take in 300 in blinds?

Fwiw - its a Satelite with 23 left & 9 tickets, think I was lying 12th or so (or something like this)

Comment

What is best in poker? I used to think that making a really good call was the most satisfying thing in this game. I loved turning over third pair and being good, it made me feel really good. Nowadays I get the most joy out of getting a three-barrell bluff through. How did I become a LAG?
                                    Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 13-04-11, 19:07.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                      What is best in poker? I used to think that making a really good call was the most satisfying thing in this game. I loved turning over third pair and being good, it made me feel really good. Nowadays I get the most joy out of getting a three-barrell bluff through. How did I become a LAG?
                                      4 bet bluffing the river in limit and getting through is as good as it gets.

Comment

Save the really good calls for live games i get more enjoyment when everyone is amazed. The barreling bluffs are a good buzz actually.
                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

can you save hand histories to a custom location on ipoker?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            can you save hand histories to a custom location on ipoker?
                                            Im terrible with that stuff i really cant help im sure someone can tho.
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I dont think you can, but once you import them through HM, you can move the files to another folder.

Set it up in HM in the Auto Import Options

Comment

Ye I was jut wondering about that, I have HEM on two computers and if I archive them to the shared folder between the two computers... I don't think the other hem would read them in. Maybe It will though, will give it a shot! Depends if it processes the hands in any way

Comment

How do you add two different rakeback stats to hem? I have tried and the rakeback is getting added to both stats!

<stat GroupName="Default" ColumnName="Devil Rake" ValueExpressions="Sum(PH.RakeAmount)/100.0*0.30 as DevilRakeBackAmount" Evaluate="DevilRakeBackAmount" ColumnHeader="DevilRake" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Devil Rakeback based on 30%" />

<Stat GroupName="Default" ColumnName="BRake" ValueExpressions="Sum(PH.RakeAmount)/100.0*0.x as RakeBackAmount2" Evaluate="RakeBackAmount2" ColumnHeader="BRake" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Rakeback based on x%" />

I only want it to show the rake that is relevant, it's applying the correct percentages but adding rakeback to both columns for every hand I play, on either site.
                                                  Also teh first one should be weighted contributed rake so it is calculating wrong, and the second is average contributed, which I do not know how to set up

Something like:

<Stat GroupName="Default" ColumnName="BRake" ValueExpressions="SUM(pkh.rakeamount * (phmisc.postamountpreflop + phmisc.betamountpreflop + phmisc.callamountpreflop + COALESCE(flop.betamount + flop.callamount, 0) + COALESCE(turn.betamount + turn.callamount, 0) + COALESCE(river.betamount + river.callamount, 0)) * 1. / (pkh.potsize + pkh.rakeamount)) * 0.00x AS WCRB;" Evaluate="(WCRB)" ColumnHeader="BRake" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="TotalWin" />

?

Anybody have it set up on ipoker?
                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-04-11, 20:49.

Comment

This is from 'lkjhgfdsa' on 2+2. Its almost all 5/10 PartyPoker since last year. Such a sick graph.

Opr

Comment

Quick check on IO exit hand. Scandi raises cutoff to 3500 i shove for 23k from bb. Villian is active in position and has a wide range here for sure.

Blinds are 800-1600 with 100 ante so there was 6.8k in the middle.

My image wouldnt be wild but i guess he has seen me double up shoving 8bbs with 69 not long before!
                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                        Quick check on IO exit hand. Scandi raises cutoff to 3500 i shove for 23k from bb. Villian is active in position and has a wide range here for sure.

Blinds are 800-1600 with 100 ante so there was 6.8k in the middle.

My image wouldnt be wild but i guess he has seen me double up shoving 8bbs with 69 not long before!
                                                        What were you shoving with?
                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                          What were you shoving with?
                                                          Lol good point Jh5h.
                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I know it probably hurts to hear this now, but I think shoving J5s is pretty bad there. Vs good Scandis you have far less fold equity with 14bb than you seem to think. I would definitely want something with more equity there.

Comment

Yeah when reading your updates Enda I thought what Conor said too, obv wasnt gonna say it at the time.
                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I know it probably hurts to hear this now, but I think shoving J5s is pretty bad there. Vs good Scandis you have far less fold equity with 14bb than you seem to think. I would definitely want something with more equity there.
                                                                tend to agree,was railing you at he time and obv hoped youd get it through but id say the chances were slim given the 69 hand previous.
                                                                UL anyway Tipp good run,was chatting to you @ the table after you bust.

Comment

Il give a proper response when on laptop tomorrow. I probably agree looking back now the shove is probably fine against your normal player but i should really have expected that this guy was willing to make the most marginal of calls.

Its kinda niggling at me even more now !

What hands do we shove in this spot?

Also is this shove ok against abc irish aggresive player lets assume casual player obv but basically knows how to raise position?

Ah rite was kinda thinking it was a ipbr but wasnt in the mood to get to chatty sorry ! Nice meeting you anyway ya should have said who ya were.
                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Its probably not OK against anyone without specific reads tbh. Just look for hands with more equity imo.

Unlucky though, and good run at it!

Comment

Its probably not OK against anyone without specific reads tbh. Just look for hands with more equity imo.

Unlucky though, and good run at it!
                                                                      Ya it was probably stupid i sort of decided i was shoving over a cu or btn raise with most cards! I suppose all i can do is learn really although an expensive lesson !
                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Wow, the games on FT are way softer without the yankees. Just turned $400 into $800+ in 2k hands of 50nl. Then I ran KK into AA for a 400bb pot. Still way up, though. I'm gonna keep grinding.

Comment

It would really help if I could stop running bad. The games are back to the standard they were over a year ago when I was crushing 50nl. If only I could stop losing flips and running the 2nd nuts into the nuts all the time I'd be up a stupid amount of money this month.

Comment

This is probably a really broad question but what is a normal % for the amount of time you preflop raise to the amount of time you get 3bet?

Comment

leave table anything >20%...15 is normal dependent on stakes.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                leave table anything >20%...15 is normal dependent on stakes.
                                                                                Ive been running about 24% this month. I felt like the games got softer on Full tilt but the last few days Ive been on some Ultra aggro tables!

Edit: I dont have a stat for it on my pokertracker but Im just dividing the amount of times I open by the amount of times Im 3bet. Is that right ya? If thats the case Im at 26% for the year.
                                                                                Last edited by shano_88; 27-04-11, 17:27.

Comment

Bring on the spewtards IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                    Ive been running about 24% this month. I felt like the games got softer on Full tilt but the last few days Ive been on some Ultra aggro tables!

Edit: I dont have a stat for it on my pokertracker but Im just dividing the amount of times I open by the amount of times Im 3bet. Is that right ya? If thats the case Im at 26% for the year.
                                                                                    I'm guessing you're filtering wrong somewhere.

I've filtered for the number of times I've raised given an unopened pot, or a limper in front of me, for my usual stakes where there are more than 4 players at the table. This gives me 20855 hands. Then filtering for there being a 3b, I've got 3483 hands. Thus, I'm 3bet 16.7% of the time.

Similarly, if I only filter for times that its unopened, I get 3bet 17.6% of the time.

26% seems incredibly high.

Comment

Just playing around with filters there, I can't find a hand (or group of hands) that I've opened and called a 3b with that I'm losing more than 700bb/100 with. Given average 3b size is probably about 9bb, given I've called I just need to beat -900bb/100. Thus it looks like I could call a little more vs 3bs preflop? Am I right or am I missing something?

I really like finding things that encourage me to play more hands

Comment

Just playing around with filters there, I can't find a hand (or group of hands) that I've opened and called a 3b with that I'm losing more than 700bb/100 with. Given average 3b size is probably about 9bb, given I've called I just need to beat -900bb/100. Thus it looks like I could call a little more vs 3bs preflop? Am I right or am I missing something?

I really like finding things that encourage me to play more hands
                                                                                        I'm struggling to see a flaw in your logic.

Comment

Only realised today that I have to beat -3bb/hand for calling not to be a loser.

Comment

April Review

Running good helps but comfortable and solidly beating 100NL for the first time albeit over a fairly small sample size. Going to take a decent shot at 200NL in May and hopefully not look back. Also booked coaching with BalugaWhale.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Had a review of calling 3 bets as opposed to 4 betting over my 20nl sample this year. 4 betting is def the way to go.
                                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Few hands from session

Villian is solid and i would consider him to be decent small sample of hands 10% 3 bet from btn and 3.8% overall he had never 4 or 5 bet and was not overly aggressive.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($161.26)
                                                                                                SB ($50)
                                                                                                BB ($78.18)
                                                                                                Hero (UTG) ($146.96)
                                                                                                MP ($56.10)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A, A
                                                                                                Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, Button raises $5, 2 folds, Hero raises $11.50, Button calls $8

Flop: ($26.75) 6, 8, Q (2 players)
                                                                                                Hero bets $14, Button calls $14

Turn: ($54.75) 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                Hero checks, Button bets $20, Hero calls $20

River: ($94.75) 7 (2 players)
                                                                                                Hero checks, Button bets $30, Hero calls $30

Total pot: $154.75

Villian was new to table pretty weird line im not sure how i should play this but raising the turn was probably bad looking back.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($10)
                                                                                                UTG ($32.92)
                                                                                                Hero (MP) ($84.22)
                                                                                                CO ($26.80)
                                                                                                Button ($54.99)
                                                                                                SB ($66.99)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A, A
                                                                                                1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, 1 fold, Button calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($5) 2, 2, 8 (3 players)
                                                                                                SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50, Button calls $4.50

Turn: ($18.50) 3 (3 players)
                                                                                                SB bets $16, Hero raises $78.22 (All-In), 1 fold, SB calls $44.99 (All-In)

River: ($140.48) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $140.48

Villian is pretty unknown to me but didnt seem bad.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($67.14)
                                                                                                SB ($51.82)
                                                                                                Hero (BB) ($125.32)
                                                                                                UTG ($62.71)
                                                                                                MP ($29)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, Q
                                                                                                2 folds, Button bets $1.75, 1 fold, Hero raises $4.50, Button calls $3.25

Flop: ($10.25) 4, 8, K (2 players)
                                                                                                Hero bets $5.50, Button raises $21.43, Hero folds

Total pot: $21.25
                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Hand 1: Id bet the turn myself I think, as played you cant fold river given the price but its so hard to see him value betting worse and its a pretty awful line as a bluff. Id say you will see KK/QQ/88 quite a lot. Given how deep you are its very possible hes got KK I think and thats what makes me call.

Hand 2: Call turn, call river

Hand 3: Make it $6 preflop, I wouldnt be folding this ever, call flop and hope he jams the turn. People just never ever ever ever ever ever have it when they raise IP in 3b pots. Unless hes trying to level you which there is probably 2% chance of this is such an easy call. Like what can he have on a K83r board?? Thats a really poor fold imo

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                    Hand 1: Id bet the turn myself I think, as played you cant fold river given the price but its so hard to see him value betting worse and its a pretty awful line as a bluff. Id say you will see KK/QQ/88 quite a lot. Given how deep you are its very possible hes got KK I think and thats what makes me call.

Hand 2: Call turn, call river

Hand 3: Make it $6 preflop, I wouldnt be folding this ever, call flop and hope he jams the turn. People just never ever ever ever ever ever have it when they raise IP in 3b pots. Unless hes trying to level you which there is probably 2% chance of this is such an easy call. Like what can he have on a K83r board?? Thats a really poor fold imo
                                                                                                    In hand 1 you say bet turn, if i bet its about 30 i assume we fold to a shove? Whats our plan for the river if we bet turn is it a check/call ?

Hand 3 i knew folding was horrible but i was running shit. I mean he can probably do this with 88,33. I knew it was way to weak at the time. What would you put him on by the way?
                                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I probably bet turn and shove river, it's very thin but people will convince themselves to call with kk and aq, maybe kq even. Its a 4bet pot, I'd just bet and hope to get called by worse. If you check river and he bets you can fold.

Last hand, I'd say he just has total air. Maybe 8x trying to get to a cheaper sd or something like that. Why on earth would anyone raise 33 or 88 in position on such a flop.

Comment

1. I probably make it a bit bigger pre. Id probably be betting the turn and shoving the river. If I check the turn, Im also checking the river.

2. I would flat the turn. Give him a chance to bluff.

3. Never folding on the flop. Call, and check/call turn. hes repping very little.

Comment

I hate the 3bet in hand 3 against an unknown. Your hand is only marginally ahead of his range and you're oop. Better to just flat call most of the time. If he opens 90% of buttons and never folds to 3bet, then sure go ahead and 3bet for value. Otherwise, the hand plays well passively.

Comment

I hate the 3bet in hand 3 against an unknown. Your hand is only marginally ahead of his range and you're oop. Better to just flat call most of the time. If he opens 90% of buttons and never folds to 3bet, then sure go ahead and 3bet for value. Otherwise, the hand plays well passively.
                                                                                                            Not sure i agree il await others opinions. I guess either moved isnt that bad tho.
                                                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I would flat here against an unknown here aswell. I think 3betting is probably fine but I wouldnt be bet/folding the flop on a kxx flop.

Comment

Ran like a god

Comment

Not as good as RS because its in silly dollars and because it took me longer but fun all the same.
                                                                                                                  Attached Files

Comment

Range for BB?

Level 80/160

UTG(4.4k) opens to 400, UTG+1(6.5k) 3bets to 1075, folded to BB(5.8k) who 4bets to 1750.

What's your range(or range you can give) for this move in BB?

Comment

QQ+

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        QQ+
                                                                                                                        The bet size of the BB doesn't look sick strong to you?
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Caf; 19-05-11, 21:10.

Comment

New record hands in a day, head is fried though.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X