This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so good I had to post it twice
    Last edited by DeadParrot; 10-01-12, 17:09.
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Wombatman - was pretty easy when I was there 2 years ago especially if you go to a club called Trezor I think it was...

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
        @OneIllCat - Honestly, the amount of people who will say their weakness is perfection or some such shit is unreal. If you want to stand out from the crowd don't use this. I heard about one lad who said his biggest weakness was blue smarties. He could leave the rest but the blue ones, no chance. When the interviewers were doing up their results they couldn't get him out of their head. A bit ott I know and probably an Urban myth but interesting all the same. I work in IT and I would normally say something like documenting my work is an area I need to improve on but i have set my self targets for this year, etc etc
        Yeah I'm not saying it's not commonly used but imo this question is usually to trip people up rather than make them stand out. Quirky answers are high variance as it really comes down to how they're received by the interviewers. Corporate companies tend to have an interviewing team so it's not necessarily the management of the department that's hiring who you see.

Given this I would find it a bit risky trying to make an impression on the HR fuddy duddy
        who's watching the clock. Attention to detail, stickler for time management etc whilst boring is what corporate likes want to hear I think. However, whilst I wouldn't be opposed to putting a unique spin on a safe answer, I think the blue smarties line is a bit of Russian roulette.
        . .

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          If I binked a genie from a lamp, and the only thing I could wish for was to improve something about Joey Barton, I'd probably punch the genie, to be perfectly honest, even if it was a woman genie.
          Eh, that Joey Barton had to pay you his wages every week in full?

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          well, that and 'events, dear boy, events'

I'd be quite happy to tie cash up for 10 months on this one
          Yeah and its not as if the price is likely to move too much in the short term at least, so you don't even need to take a 10 month view on it.
          Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          eh, she got elected comfortably
          rightly so, going great lengths!

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
          A Joey Barton fetish? Different strokes I guess.....
          Boom! no pun intended, but I got it.

regarding the blue smarties I think that's hilarious, and as brazen as I am in interviews might be a step too far even for me.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
            anyone any suggestions on where to bring the gf on holiday around mid march ?
            Easy . . . golf trip
            . .

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
              How easy is it to get green in Berlin?
              Very easy. Was there over the past 2 summers. Goerlitze Park (not sure of spelling) and Yaams prob your best bet. http://www.yaam.de/

Comment

recommendations for iPhone speaker dock with built in clock radio? no more than £50 if possible...

also, ordered this today on a whim, excited now!
                Last edited by Emmet; 10-01-12, 18:34.

Comment

@ Zuroph:

Go fuck yourself Jedi
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

*****FOLLOW THIS LINK TO PLAY VIDEOhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H5UEzbHVUg******A Bernie Hatefield Production. Starring: Dan D'Agnes and Jessimae Peluso...

Comment

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...EIPOD+DOCK.htm

Got a few of these for xmas pressies for people, decent build quality and sound
                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

remember from schools years ago that the Labour Relations Commission decision wasn't binding but Labour Court was. Is this still the case?

Comment

Bought an SSD for my Macbook but never really messed around with it please don't let me fuck it up when I'm installing it

€147 for 120gb on Komplett & €145 for a 60gb in Peats people be schmucks if they buy that in there.

Was transferring loads of pics over the weekend and my system was sluggish at times so hoping this boost will be worth it after hearing good things about this drives, if it runs all good might upgrade the ram and have a best of a machine.
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            Cormac Lucey does not agree it seems:

Originally posted by Cormac Lucey
                            E.4 Bottom Line
                            I expect to see Irish property prices fall by about 75% from peak before they hit fundamental value.

But, because of the dismal prospects for credit and economic growth and because of the overshoot factor, I expect Irish residential property prices to eventually fall by an average of 80-90% from peak before they find an enduring bottom.
                            A.       INTRODUCTION This note maps out my expectations for the Irish residential property market over the coming years. I start by conside...

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                              Bought an SSD for my Macbook but never really messed around with it please don't let me fuck it up when I'm installing it

€147 for 120gb on Komplett & €145 for a 60gb in Peats people be schmucks if they buy that in there.

Was transferring loads of pics over the weekend and my system was sluggish at times so hoping this boost will be worth it after hearing good things about this drives, if it runs all good might upgrade the ram and have a best of a machine.
                              How much ram is in it now? and how much can it take?

I am thinking of upping my ram as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                Be gentle with him.
                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

How much ram is in it now? and how much can it take?

4 at the mo and upgradeable to 8 I think.

Comment

Best check that out or you are wasting money!

Comment

bump

Comment

MrsFD is spot on. Make sure you check your macbook support page to get the correct frequency/speed ram and maximum capacity. List of specs/compatibility here http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1270.

http://www.memoryc.com/ are usually good value. You might get a few quid on adverts for your old ram too.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                          bump
                                          grind

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                            MrsFD is spot on. Make sure you check your macbook support page to get the correct frequency/speed ram and maximum capacity. List of specs/compatibility here http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1270.

http://www.memoryc.com/ are usually good value. You might get a few quid on adverts for your old ram too.
                                            I'm not that dumb that I wouldn't check before I bought, was on the crucial site the other day works out bout €45 for 8gb.

This is my model.

Comment

good toon alright !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAXxkNaRkp8
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

I'm not that dumb that I wouldn't check before I bought, was on the crucial site the other day works out bout €45 for 8gb.

This is my model.
                                                Danny, no need to be snappy about it I was only trying to help. The fact you wrote you THINK made me say to make sure. Some people go ahead and throw ram into comps etc and not realising that the comp can't recognise more that x GB of ram.
                                                Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 10-01-12, 21:36.

Comment

If you arrive in Gatwick and have a connecting flight from Heathrow, do you have to collect your bags in Gatwick or just in Shannon?

Comment

Danny, no need to be snappy about it I was only trying to help. The fact you wrote you THINK made me say to make sure. Some people go ahead and throw ram into comps etc and not realising that the comp can't recognise more that x GB of ram.

I will keep my advice to myself next time!
                                                    He wasn't being snappy. Be less touchy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      If you arrive in Gatwick and have a connecting flight from Heathrow, do you have to collect your bags in Gatwick or just in Shannon?
                                                      If you arrive in Gatwick and have a connecting flight from Heathrow, then it's not actually a connecting flight imo. I'd imagine that you would be responsible for your own bags, but ask when you check your bags in anyhow.

Comment

This is my model.
                                                        I get guys in from time to time that buy the wrong ram by mistake, wreck the packaging and I can't refund it. Danny I wasn't being condescending or indeed inferring you are dumb, only trying to help, as I have no idea if you ever tinkered with ram before.

Comment

If you arrive in Gatwick and have a connecting flight from Heathrow, then it's not actually a connecting flight imo. I'd imagine that you would be responsible for your own bags, but ask when you check your bags in anyhow.
                                                          It would be booked on one ticket. I'll try to find out before booking the tickets I guess. I wouldn't mind going across London really, wouldn't do it if I had to lug bags though.

Comment

Does this happen a lot? I would imagine you would fly into and out of the other, say you'd be responsible for own luggage

Comment

Bbv on the plop again
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

He wasn't being snappy. Be less touchy imo.
                                                                I thought he slightly irked myself TBH

Supose it must be hard having a female telling ye how to fix yer pcs
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                  Bbv on the plop again
                                                                  I was waiting ages to find the right scenario to post that, wp.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                    Crystal Palace have lost only two of their last 30 League Cup matches at Selhurst Park, winning 24 of them. They are 2/1 to beat Cardiff tonight Shirley they're worth a tickle?
                                                                    Nice shout CC.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                      Does this happen a lot? I would imagine you would fly into and out of the other, say you'd be responsible for own luggage
                                                                      Dunno tbh, I'm just looking at flights for Vegas and can fly with Virgin with that stop over in London or with United/Continental with 2 stops and an 8 hours longer trip each way for slightly less. Virgin are supposed to be pretty good to fly with and I like the idea of only having one long flight. But no way am I hauling my bags across London!

Comment

top class stream for the Real Madrid game if any one wants it (HD) http://www.stadium-live.com/Channel2.html
                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

fucking donkey-fucking donkeys.
                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Dunno tbh, I'm just looking at flights for Vegas and can fly with Virgin with that stop over in London or with United/Continental with 2 stops and an 8 hours longer trip each way for slightly less. Virgin are supposed to be pretty good to fly with and I like the idea of only having one long flight. But no way am I hauling my bags across London!
                                                                            i think there may be a direct heathrow to gatwick bus service so i think it would only be a case of collecting your bags and throwing them on bus outside.

Theres no way i can imagine your bags arrive in gatwick and the airline take care of getting them to heathrow for you
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Just get a Ryanair or AL flight to LGW and check in again there for your Vegas flight. It's a reasonably small airport so no big deal. Flying into LHR and out of LGW would be madness imo.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I get guys in from time to time that buy the wrong ram by mistake, wreck the packaging and I can't refund it. Danny I wasn't being condescending or indeed inferring you are dumb, only trying to help, as I have no idea if you ever tinkered with ram before.
                                                                                Apologies folks if you thought I was being rude or something, just wrote it out without event thinking people would take it up the wrong way, no offence meant promise

Most of what I was writing was just general bits and bobs I had done some small enquiries was just basically spouting ideas.

It's all good in the hood

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                I thought he slightly irked myself TBH

Supose it must be hard having a female telling ye how to fix yer pcs
                                                                                Not at all if I thought anybody could help me in certain situations I would certainly take any help that was on offer.

I do have computer qualifications myself but its nice to bounce ideas of the techy people in here to get feedback.

Comment

It would be booked on one ticket. I'll try to find out before booking the tickets I guess. I wouldn't mind going across London really, wouldn't do it if I had to lug bags though.
                                                                                  It may be the same ticket but its not the same Journey and the flights will have different Locater Numbers. Anyway there is no baggage transfer between flights across the two airports so you need to allow time for collection and check in
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

A convo on FB chat lol

I was asking the girls for an idea for a tagline and jules says "kiss the blob" WTF

Jules:What does the 'blob' mean now?
                                                                                    on BBV that is?

Gillian: period

Jules:I've lost a wee touch!
                                                                                    LOL
                                                                                    LOLOLOLOL
                                                                                    OMG...
                                                                                    Loooooooooooooooooooooool
                                                                                    I'm reallying PSML here!
                                                                                    'Kiss the...'
                                                                                    thank fuck this isn't on BBV!

Michelle:hahahhah thats why i was laughing
                                                                                    ya eejit

Jules:I'd look a right wan... they will be ranking mich with more brains than me!
                                                                                    imagine
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

A convo on FB chat lol

I was asking the girls for an idea for a tagline and jules says "kiss the blob" WTF

Jules:What does the 'blob' mean now?
                                                                                      on BBV that is?

Gillian: period

Jules:I've lost a wee touch!
                                                                                      LOL
                                                                                      LOLOLOLOL
                                                                                      OMG...
                                                                                      Loooooooooooooooooooooool
                                                                                      I'm reallying PSML here!
                                                                                      'Kiss the...'
                                                                                      thank fuck this isn't on BBV!

Michelle:hahahhah thats why i was laughing
                                                                                      ya eejit

Jules:I'd look a right wan... they will be ranking mich with more brains than me!
                                                                                      imagine
                                                                                      Biatch!!!!

There goes my BBV Cred(!)

Comment

I do have computer qualifications myself but its nice to bounce ideas of the tetchy people in here to get feedback.
                                                                                        FYP

Comment

Anyone here playing battlefield 3 on the PC? Add me, sn: coillcam.

My main 3 gaming buddies all sold their rigs for cash and its less craic playing with unknowns.

Comment

Anyone here playing battlefield 3 on the PC? Add me, sn: coillcam.

My main 3 gaming buddies all sold their rigs for cash and its less craic playing with unknowns.
                                                                                            bought the game last week in a steam sale,
                                                                                            but my laptop wouldn't run it,
                                                                                            so ordered a new XPS from dell in their sale,
                                                                                            fucking after costing me €866 to play a fucking €29.99 game.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

The female is trying to set up a google docs spreadsheet, and ive no idea, help please

Comment

Premier League Mixed game thingy on SS2 now. Mixed game = NLH, PLO and PLH though.

Comment

OMFG....Smurph's after shipping another UKIPT ticket... ffs
                                                                                                  Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 10-01-12, 23:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                    bought the game last week in a steam sale,
                                                                                                    but my laptop wouldn't run it,
                                                                                                    so ordered a new XPS from dell in their sale,
                                                                                                    fucking after costing me €866 to play a fucking €29.99 game.
                                                                                                    Did you use the 2 discount codes that were in the bargain alert thread? Could be worth a couple hundred bucks.If you only placed it in the last day or 2 you might be able to cancel and reorder.
                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Could someone explain to me what excactly RSS feeds are and how they work, in the simplest terms please.
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                        Premier League Mixed game thingy on SS2 now. Mixed game = NLH, PLO and PLH though.
                                                                                                        Are they playing cash or tournament?

Nevermind!
                                                                                                        Last edited by shano_88; 10-01-12, 23:25.

Comment

Could someone explain to me what excactly RSS feeds are and how they work, in the simplest terms please.
                                                                                                          Try here

Comment

fuck you gifbin.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Zod; 10-01-12, 23:36.
                                                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                                                              Try here
                                                                                                              Do I have to download a reader yoke?
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Like i wouldnt worry to much about virgin it wasnt that much more special than BA or any of the other long hauls ive flown.
                                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Do I have to download a reader yoke?
                                                                                                                    Don't think so, the rss button on the top of screen should be orange when feeds are available I think.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Been way too long since some mentioned Tebow in this thread.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

You can get a flight dub to gatwick so no need to go near heathrow. Have done that virgin to Vegas flight they are nice to fly with (free booze all the way) however their reliability isn't great. In my experience try to get a flight connecting through Atlanta that's pretty much the nicest hub airport to spend an hour or so, avoid ohare and jfk.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X