This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn missed the Botham Doc.

1981 I was workinmg in a TV Repair workshop with a guy who was a Cricket nut. Our niormal routine was to do our work on the Bench in the mornings and go out on the road in the evenings. When the test matches came around he would insist on us being back in off the road by 11:30 then he would lock the doors and take the phone off the hook and we would sit in the dark kicking back watching the days play. What a time to be force fed an introduction to cricket
    As it turned out the guy was a low life scumbag who later stole a fortune from me but I'll always be grateful to him for those five weeks.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

There's a craft beer festival on in the RDS in September.Any interest in an IPB meetup? Thinking beer and no cards but whatever.
      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
        link to this somewhere?
        what if you already subscribe to espn?
        You get your July subscription refunded and it is free from now on too. (I'm an ESPN subscriber and that's how it works )

Got the info in the post from Sky today, and also it's on the Sky website!

€12 a month less now

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

I do find it a little strange thou, Hollywood kinda bugs me at times that with all the super heroes out there that they have to "reboot" a franchise that isn't even 10 years old

I really liked the first two Spider-Man movies and the 3rd wasn't very good.

The Incredible Hulk for example will have had 3 different actors within 10 years FFS
          Yeah. Like do we really need to see the spiderman origin story again!
          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

bit comet seems to be after making itself the nut download programme on the wifes laptop.
            how do i stop it.
            iam trying to put pokerstars on her laptop but it keeps going to bit comet and its taking an age

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
              There's a craft beer festival on in the RDS in September.Any interest in an IPB meetup? Thinking beer and no cards but whatever.
              whoa yeah, set that shit up
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                bit comet seems to be after making itself the nut download programme on the wifes laptop.
                how do i stop it.
                iam trying to put pokerstars on her laptop but it keeps going to bit comet and its taking an age
                anyone??
                i mean stars is still downloading ffs

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Three times today I've heard 'Spiderman' mentioned, each in a different context.

I'd rather variance gave me three straight flushes tbh, what use are three random Spidermans?
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                    anyone??
                    i mean stars is still downloading ffs
                    aww forget it i sorted it myself,
                    and i thought ye lot knew how to sort these things

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                      Worse than the EPT one imo, he's up against some broke student in the Jackpot, gets to the river with a bag of spanners, declares top set, student nearly starts crying and mucks. BK gets the pot with his 8 high or whatever.
                      Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                      More or less this but it was an old lady about 80 years of age.
                      Megatron is correct - she was also playing with the case pension loots that she needed to purchase medication that will keep her alive

Comment

Fml, dropped my laptop and the screen is now rainbow-esque. I assume this can be fixed yeah? Friend of mine is really good with computers so he will be able to fix I if it can be fixed, but getting the correct part is the issue.

Anyone know if I have to get the exact same model? Like the same resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Damn missed the Botham Doc.

1981 I was workinmg in a TV Repair workshop with a guy who was a Cricket nut. Our niormal routine was to do our work on the Bench in the mornings and go out on the road in the evenings. When the test matches came around he would insist on us being back in off the road by 11:30 then he would lock the doors and take the phone off the hook and we would sit in the dark kicking back watching the days play. What a time to be force fed an introduction to cricket
                          As it turned out the guy was a low life scumbag who later stole a fortune from me but I'll always be grateful to him for those five weeks.
                          Do a well there SP, ya know ya want to.

A guy we went to school with kept annoying us all about Botham during our footie cycling debates, he also turned out to be a lowlife scumbag . However beefy did light a wee interest in cricket for us due to him, Kapel Dev, Imran khan (spellinz) were watched whenever on, it was more the superstar than the matches themselves got us watching.
                          There is nothing more boring though than county cricket. NOTHING not even darts.

Comment

Fml, dropped my laptop and the screen is now rainbow-esque. I assume this can be fixed yeah? Friend of mine is really good with computers so he will be able to fix I if it can be fixed, but getting the correct part is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

fuck me you run bad dropping 2 laptops in 8 mins

SPOILER

Comment

Would love to know the logic of putting The Life of Others on at 11.55-great film dont think I have the legs for it so late.

Comment

Think it was Lazare last night on about I love you Philip Morris, remember when I went to the cinema to see that, a few people walked out due to the frequent gay sex scenes. Very entertaining flick.

Comment

Can anyone link me to the first Episode of Season 4 of Breaking Bad.

CANNOT wait any longer to watch it.

Also, will I enjoy it? Assuming I will! :')

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                      Conor there is a workshop in Waltons this Saturday, it's an inrtoduction to DADGAD (drop D tuning) from 12-1 and at 2-3 is another teeny bit more advanced on DADGAD accompaniment. both for 35 quid or separately 20 quid, run by Sarah Mcdaid, might be worth it if you want to learn some alternative tunings. ala trad playing, or Joni Mitchell , Paul Brady. worth the money for a nose as this girl is good. might need to ring to check.

Might turn up myself , will be embibing in town anyway from 1 to 2 with herself and some friends.
                                      Are you sure it's not McQuaid? My dad has a book of hers and can play some awesome stuff from it.

Also John Renbourn does some great stuff in DADGAD like this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I always think that I'm in a Zelda game when he plays some of those type tunes.

Comment

Celeb Apperentice USA

Celeb Apperentice USA is on bbc1 now nearly over, id say its entertaining enough.
                                        I wouldnt watch the english or american one, but said id post about the cleb one being on since alot of people were posting last week about the english one.

Lennox lewis, tito ortis, piers morgan, Gene Simmons alec balwins son!( not up on my actors at all!) are all in it, the female team are mostly unknowns to me.

EDIT: its an old season of the appentice. Dint know that when posting.
                                        Last edited by badugi; 20-07-11, 23:26.

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                          Can anyone link me to the first Episode of Season 4 of Breaking Bad.

CANNOT wait any longer to watch it.

Also, will I enjoy it? Assuming I will! :')
                                          Looking forward to it too. Just finished a 3 week crashcourse on all 3 seasons.
                                          Now I'm gonna have to wait a week between each one like a fkn pleb

Comment

love strange tunings. (E B E E B E)
                                            EDIT: Impossible to find the Interference version that was used in the film. Far better track imo, but this is still nice

Quelques heures avant un concert grandiose au Bataclan, The Swell Season en formation presque complète nous offre deux morceaux en acoustique.Gold est une re...

This is powerful
                                            Last edited by Emmet; 20-07-11, 23:31.

Comment

storage wars.

storage wars.. anyone else liking this show? i like the intro music too!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                love strange tunings. (E B E E B E)
                                                EDIT: Impossible to find the Interference version that was used in the film. Far better track imo, but this is still nice

Quelques heures avant un concert grandiose au Bataclan, The Swell Season en formation presque complète nous offre deux morceaux en acoustique.Gold est une re...

This is powerful
                                                hate hansard for some irrational reason,, good song though.

Brady likes to play with tunings, piano players play powerful guitar as they know how it's supposed to be played, it's about the melody . Nobody does this like Brady.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                    Are you sure it's not McQuaid? My dad has a book of hers and can play some awesome stuff from it.

Also John Renbourn does some great stuff in DADGAD like this:

I always think that I'm in a Zelda game when he plays some of those type tunes.

correct it's McQuaid not Mcdaid. her book is well known, looking forward to meeting her on Saturday, I've the goo on me now to go into that workshop on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                      hate hansard for some irrational reason,, good song though.
                                                      Don't worry, it's not his song. It's these boys'

Skip the first 1:20 of Hansard.

American Townland is a fantastic tune there, first song on first video @ 1:30

Also, this is fairly thieving imo.

Hansard used to present the programme, John Hegarty played this song in the first season, and it went on the CD too. Yet Hansard comes around the following season and plays it! Hegarty's version is far superior, but I can't find it online. See below! Any of you Limerick heads may appreciate this too.

Final EDIT: Found a terrible quality version of Hegarty's song. Again skip Glen after 1min

Glen Hansard Introduces John Hegarty Other Voices 2002https://itunes.apple.com/ie/artist/john-hegarty/id261626065'Twilight' available at iTunes'Guidling Lig...
                                                      Last edited by Emmet; 20-07-11, 23:53.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                        Would love to know the logic of putting The Life of Others on at 11.55-great film dont think I have the legs for it so late.
                                                        Sadly, the vast majority of plebs in this country would rather watch back to back mind numbing, soul destroying, utterly depressing, unoriginal and totally predictive episodes of 'CSI lets pick a random town in America'

Comment

Comment

Don't worry, it's not his song. It's these boys'

Skip the first 1:20 of Hansard.

American Townland is a fantastic tune there, first song on first video @ 1:30
                                                            ive been to the 1st few recording of that show in Dinlge then over to benners for the night. That song American townland was on the best CD of that show every track was excellent, Limerick town by JohnHegarty my fav, also great stuff including a banjo assisted version of Dempseys party on. When Horslips played the other half sang stor mo croi in the residence bar with them accompanied by an pipe player from the blaskets, epic night of drinking and music. I don't think the benners let you stay all night now unless you are a resident.

Hegartys Limerick town below, if you can find the version minus hansard please post
                                                            great song, methinks ickky and Oleras will like

LOL, great minds EMMET, just posted the same song, we must have the same CD

Comment

see Edit Willie!

Comment

see Edit Willie!

LOL, coincidence, I did, good taste. Super song though and you are spot on hegarty sings it so well. Well done finding that clip,

Comment

.................................

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                    What's the world coming to?

On a more upliftingly degenerate note have you seen the news of the guy who gave his 69 year old mother a great Mother's Day present (a cautionary tale of the need for planning ahead for present buying lest last second panic should lead to unwise choices):
                                                                    A man has gone on trial accused of raping his then 65-year-old mother at her home in Dublin three years ago.

On a vaguely related note I've always considered Enda a bit of a wimp. but his hard talking anti-Vatican speech today was brilliant. My respect for him has jumped up.

Comment

myself and hubby and 6yr old are heading to cork on the 2nd august, prob going to stay in the Best western for the night and head to fota wildlife park.

is there anything else to do in cork or on the way to tralee the next day !!

feck all in this country for families, disgraceful IMO!
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                          myself and hubby and 6yr old are heading to cork on the 2nd august, prob going to stay in the Best western for the night and head to fota wildlife park.

Aqua Dome
                                                                          Blennerville Windmill
                                                                          Steamtrain (goes from aqua dome to windmill)

Disclaimer: I haven't been in Cork or Kerry in years, the last time for for poker in the INEC.
                                                                          i haven't even been in ireland in nearly 2.5 years so none of these things may even exist

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post

Don't dis Cork like that MSN I've lived here all my life and haven't seen it all.PM me and I'll save you €50 on Fota.
                                                                            Cork is a wonderful county contrary to what people may tell you.
                                                                            Fota is a fantastic spot btw.
                                                                            Last edited by Sirtoyou; 21-07-11, 07:07.

Comment

Ok Paraguay, you can go ahead and score now. No need to leave it till the last minute or anything. haha.

SPOILER
                                                                              oh please god I need to eat this week
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                Ok Paraguay, you can go ahead and score now. No need to leave it till the last minute or anything. haha.

SPOILER
                                                                                You bet against the big hearted Venezuelan heroes?
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

SPOILER

I could almost hear your hunger pains when that went in all is good tho.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                    You bet against the big hearted Venezuelan heroes?
                                                                                    Only due to their hero getting sent off last match.

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                                                    I could almost hear your hunger pains when that went in all is good tho.
                                                                                    What went in? im reading a txt update on flashscores and its 0-0??
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Only due to their hero getting sent off last match.

venz had a goal disallowed, and they hit the woodwork a couple mins ago.

still 0-0

Comment

Venezuela had a perfectly good goal disallowed, finished the half by far the stronger aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                                                          venz had a goal disallowed, and they hit the woodwork a couple mins ago.

still 0-0
                                                                                          Oh sweet baby jesus,

1. I am a lucky mofo so far
                                                                                          2. I am getting the worst updates of all time here. absolute blankness for 32-43mins of the match.
                                                                                          3. I never got around to betting on U ar gay last nite. forshame.
                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

CL in the ipoker Summer promo game. Have 1/10th the chips with 37 remaining. Have been playing since 11am. Struggling to stay focused. Anyone got any drugs in the D6W vicinity?
                                                                                            It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by 72zero View Post
                                                                                              CL in the ipoker Summer promo game. Have 1/10th the chips with 37 remaining. Have been playing since 11am. Struggling to stay focused. Anyone got any drugs in the D6W vicinity?
                                                                                              Gl gl

Comment

PLO YOU SO SWINGY

Hand #1
                                                                                                Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Hi $0.10 Ante - 5 players - View hand 1378890
                                                                                                DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $50.00
                                                                                                UTG: $136.65
                                                                                                CO: $215.20
                                                                                                BTN: $228.05
                                                                                                Hero (SB): $196.95

Pre Flop: ($1.25) Hero is SB with K 5 K 7
                                                                                                UTG raises to $2.25, 1 fold, BTN calls $2.25, Hero calls $2, BB calls $1.75

Flop: ($9.50) 4 9 3 (4 players)
                                                                                                Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $7, BTN raises to $30.05, Hero raises to $106.20, BB folds, UTG folds, BTN raises to $182.35, Hero raises to $194.60 all in, BTN calls $12.25

Turn: ($405.70) K (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($405.70) T (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $405.70
                                                                                                BTN shows 4 4 T 8 (three of a kind, Fours)
                                                                                                Hero shows K 5 K 7 (three of a kind, Kings)
                                                                                                Hero wins $403.70
                                                                                                (Rake: $2.00)

Hand #2
                                                                                                Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Hi $0.10 Ante - 5 players - View hand 1378891

CO: $50.00
                                                                                                BTN: $113.50
                                                                                                SB: $70.05
                                                                                                BB: $124.05
                                                                                                Hero (UTG): $459.65

Pre Flop: ($1.25) Hero is UTG with 9 5 Q Q
                                                                                                Hero raises to $2.25, 3 folds, BB raises to $7.50, Hero calls $5.25

Flop: ($15.75) K 4 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                BB bets $12.50, Hero calls $12.50

Turn: ($40.75) 8 (2 players)
                                                                                                BB bets $35, Hero raises to $143.75, BB calls $68.95 all in

River: ($248.65) 6 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $248.65
                                                                                                BB shows 6 T A A (three of a kind, Sixes)
                                                                                                Hero shows 9 5 Q Q (two pair, Queens and Sixes)
                                                                                                BB wins $246.65
                                                                                                (Rake: $2.00)

Hand #3
                                                                                                Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 Pot Limit Omaha Hi $0.10 Ante - 6 players - View hand 1378892

SB: $50.00
                                                                                                BB: $124.90
                                                                                                UTG: $162.40
                                                                                                MP: $118.95
                                                                                                CO: $243.15
                                                                                                Hero (BTN): $335.10

Pre Flop: ($1.35) Hero is BTN with J T 5 Q
                                                                                                UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, CO raises to $3.35, Hero raises to $10.50, 2 folds, UTG calls $10, 1 fold, CO raises to $43.85, Hero calls $33.35, UTG calls $33.35

Flop: ($133.40) 8 J 2 (3 players)
                                                                                                UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $97.80, UTG folds, CO raises to $199.20 all in, Hero calls $101.40

Turn: ($531.80) A (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($531.80) A (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $531.80
                                                                                                CO shows 3 J A A (four of a kind, Aces)
                                                                                                Hero shows J T 5 Q (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
                                                                                                CO wins $528.80
                                                                                                (Rake: $3.00)

View all 3 hands

Comment

Gutted for Venezuela, Paraguay were so bad, into the final of Copa America without winning a game and not even a shot on target in the quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                    Venezuela had a perfectly good goal disallowed, finished the half by far the stronger aswell.
                                                                                                    Venezuelan guy glanced off the ball and even if not was in line of sight of keeper so never going to be given

Comment

Donked that so hard to finish 11th. I blame all y'all for not sharing the drugs.
                                                                                                      It's all an illusion

Comment

Sorry man, I was passed out in a puddle of piss.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                          Sorry man, I was passed out in a puddle of piss.
                                                                                                          ...also because you didn't share the drugs

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L5sT...layer_embedded

Sigh first time I've posted a youtube clip since changeover..well worth a watch though and just over 2 minutes long.
                                                                                                            That's great!

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                                            As in change it back. Yes.

Wikipedia is my friend
                                                                                                            If you rely on Wikipedia for all your legal decisions, i'l send you a nail file while you're in prison

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                                                            Celeb Apperentice USA is on bbc1 now nearly over, id say its entertaining enough.
                                                                                                            I wouldnt watch the english or american one, but said id post about the cleb one being on since alot of people were posting last week about the english one.

Lennox lewis, tito ortis, piers morgan, Gene Simmons alec balwins son!( not up on my actors at all!) are all in it, the female team are mostly unknowns to me.

EDIT: its an old season of the appentice. Dint know that when posting.
                                                                                                            Yeah that's season 7. Over the last month or so, i've been catching up on some of the US Apprentice that i've missed and skipped over all the Celeb episodes for now but there's been so many

Season 6 was a pretty enjoyable series - The winners of the task live in the mansion, the losers live in a tent. The winning project manager stays on as PM until they lose and they get to sit in the boardroom while the opposing team face Trump

Season 7,8,9 and 11 are all Celeb Apprentice

Season 10 i really enjoyed - 16 people that have all lost their high paying jobs due to the recession and are trying to find their feet. Tons of conflict and one person also gets sacked for cheating. Worth a watch

Comment

(in)sanity check

effective stacks 450

villain 1; very bad, very loose. Has proudly shown 2 check-raise bluffs.
                                                                                                              villain 2; almost equally bad, will happily ship with any draw

villain 1 straddles to 5, two limps. villain 2 limps in CO. I make it 25 OTB with Ac9c. Both villains call.

Flop is 7c6s5c and checked to me. Bet 50 and villain 1 makes it 160. Villain 2 ships.

We always go broke here right?
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                (in)sanity check

effective stacks 450

villain 1; very bad, very loose. Has proudly shown 2 check-raise bluffs.
                                                                                                                villain 2; almost equally bad, will happily ship with any draw

villain 1 straddles to 5, two limps. villain 2 limps in CO. I make it 25 OTB with Ac9c. Both villains call.

Flop is 7c6s5c and checked to me. Bet 50 and villain 1 makes it 160. Villain 2 ships.

We always go broke here right?
                                                                                                                Forever and always, effective stacks are 90bbs. GAMBOOL.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                                                                                  Forever and always, effective stacks are 90bbs. GAMBOOL.
                                                                                                                  the pokerstove in my head malfunctioned

(obv. I gambooled, turn was the 4c and I lost the hand)
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 21-07-11, 08:26.
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ladies and Gents of the BBV

I’m going to be taking a step back from IPB for a while and not going to spending as much time on here as I used to. It’s always the first thing I checked in the morning and the last thing I check at night but with planning for the wedding, a couple of projects I’ve undertaken taking up time and one or two more important things on my mind, IPB has to take a back seat. I’m stepping down as mod and will just browse and post occasionally for a while. At least SHD won’t have to look over his shoulder at me in the thanks race now I just need MrsF to give up Café World now and we’re laughing!

Thanks for the support and help from everyone over the last while and i’ll still be knocking around a bit, but not in a mod capacity so good luck to all the lads

Tony

Comment

Can someone who knows tell me if this is good/bad or whatever.

I'm not too happy with the connection I have with Eircom (stops for a few seconds at various times)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        the pokerstove in my head malfunctioned

(obv. I gambooled, turn was the 4c and I lost the hand)
                                                                                                                        To be fair its actually probably a bit closer than im making it out but yeah, ship ship.

Doesn't matter that you lost, the only thing better than gambling and winning is gambling and losing.

Comment

o.n.o.d. was on the john murray show this moning, pretty sure there will be a podcast up later on if anyone wants to listen to it, wasn't much really just a 5min slot. still nice to see him get a bit of recognition for his achievement
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Angry-Ball; 21-07-11, 08:39.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X