• Time
  • Show
Clear All

K, me go sleepy..

Questionaire thread -> over there..

$2 sent to Sometime Happy Dude

Comment

Get in Suarez, one more please!
      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Viva Suarez!
        gollllllllllllllllll
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

That Suarez lad is pretty handy. I hope Liverpool sign him up

Comment

Laid off the over 2.5, making a profit for sure on the match bet and a nicer one of there is another goal.
            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I <3 Luis.
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                I <3 Luis.
                Hopefully he doesn't have cause to leave in the next year or two.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  You should look at getting the one that is Wi-Fi enabled.
                  If its wifi enabled, is it just a case of transfering wirelessly as long as both are connected to a router?

I don't have Wifi, and prob won't for some time though - broadband infastructure is terrible in Oz, virtually non-existant in domestic market. Only option is a 3g block with a built-in wifi transmitter

Comment

I'd imagine Suarez will miss the first few games of the new season as he'll prob get a bit of a break after this tourney. If he doesnt he'll be running on empty from the get go.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

on the off chance some of ye aren't dim foul mouthed oafs

radio humour from the black&white days

Hancock's Half Hour
                      The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

starts 3 mins in
                      bit of quality

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                        beef = cow moo
                        pork scratching = pig oink
                        think scratching might be made from the skin so full of fat

beef jerkey is usally lean cut depending on quality

try billtong southafrican game meat could be zebra could be a widlerbeest
                        or a poor thompsons gazelle
                        ^^ Stupid cunt
                        Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                        Not sure if it's been covered but Modric was Spurs' captain in his first appearance of pre season..very strange line by 'Arry imo
                        Nothing story

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                          I have seen that in tesco and often wondered what it was like, is it some kind of dried out beef or what?

bet its full of fat is it?

I remember eating a packet of pork scratchings years ago in the UK, im presuming they are kind of similar.
                          It's actually really healthy- very little fat (not that fat's a bad thing). It's dried beef, so most of the fat is dried off.

As sickpuppy said, billtong is similar and very nice.
                          Although anything you buy outside S.A. is not game meat but regular old beef.

Comment

Mercury nominations out. Surprisingly populist this year:

A look at the nominated albums and acts for the 2011 Mercury Prize.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14197384
                              Aside from the Elbow album (which is very good), I haven't listened to a single album off that list. I might have heard an Adele tune in the background on the radio at some point I guess if she's as successful as the blurb above suggests - but all of it is a blank to me.

Now, I like my music - is that a reflection on the list or me being out of touch?
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                Aside from the Elbow album (which is very good), I haven't listened to a single album off that list. I might have heard an Adele tune in the background on the radio at some point I guess if she's as successful as the blurb above suggests - but all of it is a blank to me.

Now, I like my music - is that a reflection on the list or me being out of touch?
                                Adele seems to have gone super nova over night - Her tunes are good and she has an amazing voice but can't help feel it's a little bit of her being hyped by the British media. Meh, call me an Irish begrudger, she's good but not amaze balls the way some people go on

On the other albums, I've got a few of them, obviously Elbow which is a great album and also have PJ Harvey's & Everything Everything - I adore PJ Harvey, woman is just class and I really like Everything Everything, you'd probably know Photoshop Handsome (below), very good tune

Everything Everything - Photoshop Handsome.Directed by Jonathan Higgs.Subscribe here: http://smarturl.it/EEYTSubPre Order Get To Heaven iTunes: http://smartu...

I've heard some stuff from Anna Calvi and James Blake (both of which I like) but haven't got around to picking up either of their albums yet (Yes, I still buy CD's )

I've heard some stuff from Tinie also but not too pushed on his stuff to be honest, haven't heard anything from any of the others but that will change soon!

TLDR - Meh, you're a little out of touch but not quite the 'aul lad sitting in the corner shaking his walking stick at the kids for playing their wireless's too loud

Comment

Nah the Mercury nominations are supposed to stump all but the most hipstery of douchebags.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Nah the Mercury nominations are supposed to stump all but the most hipstery of douchebags.
                                    Slight contradiction?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                      I'd imagine Suarez will miss the first few games of the new season as he'll prob get a bit of a break after this tourney. If he doesnt he'll be running on empty from the get go.
                                      His Ajax team-mates always said he was the first to get back after International aways, always eager, and remember he was on a 2 month "break" without any football just before he joined Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                        Slight contradiction?
                                        Hey I'll happily admit I'm a music snob. But I'm definitely no hipster!

Comment

Watched 'I love you Philip Morris' last night. What a wonderful movie, I seemed to go through every possible emotion watching it, hilarity, tragedy, happiness and sadness all packed in there. The ending was fantastic. Nice surprise to discover it's a true story too. Crazy bastard!!
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Just looking back at some past winners now - I wouldn't recognise a Klaxons or Speech Debelle song, and a lot of the nominees I don't recognise either. Plus The XX album was decent, but good enough to win?

It seems I listen to very little new UK music.
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

passport office took 95 quid off me today, now to start the counter on how long it will take them to send me my passport.

Tesco took a ton for groceries, but this was after I had checked my balance and thought they had already taken the amount out.

I'm now down to 13 quid until the end of the month. Financial management FTW.

Also, nuckchorris is the nut luckbox. I ship 9.5 BB's after a limper into his small blind from the cut off with AQc He calls to put 80% of his stack on the line with AJ off and binks a 3 outer.
                                              More importantly, if that had held I'd be in a nice position to get to the final table and a chance to take down a €1200 last longest jackpot.

Mods, Please rename his account to Donkeyfish McLuckbox-Badcall.
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Song seems appropriate

Subtitle: I SUPPOSE I'LL BE BACK SOON...This track was included in The Carnival (Sony Music/Columbia Records, 1997) and the orchestral accompaniment, arrange...

Comment

There will be a family funeral I'll have to attend over the next couple of days of a lovely woman who I was always very fond of. Need a bit of run good now for them to arrange the funeral for Friday and not Saturday or else Waterford will be off the agenda. I'd already more or less dodged two other bullets that were threatening to stop me playing.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                    Any word from Hitch? you have his number don't you Keane? Hope all is ok with him and the missus.
                                                    This reminded me that he was missing and I started to get worried.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                    hey welcome back missed your rearrival!
                                                    This was a relief.

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                    failing getting a cheap fix for this i will be looking for new laptop, something cheap and cheerfull for downloading playing a bit of the pokers and general arsing around.
                                                    so where is the best place to get a good deal, budget is fairly limited (€500ish) on this and i would be hoping for something along these lines
                                                    requirements:
                                                    17" screen
                                                    bluetooth
                                                    wireless
                                                    4gigs of ram
                                                    7in1 card reader
                                                    cd rewriter
                                                    decent storage
                                                    dual core or something fairly fast anyway
                                                    i allready have a full version of windows 7 so a pretty basic operating system would do me
                                                    You're in luck Dr. Ball:

Comment

Just looking back at some past winners now - I wouldn't recognise a Klaxons or Speech Debelle song, and a lot of the nominees I don't recognise either. Plus The XX album was decent, but good enough to win?

It seems I listen to very little new UK music.
                                                      The King Cresote album is class, won't win obv but its in a different class to anything else I've heard from the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                        If its wifi enabled, is it just a case of transfering wirelessly as long as both are connected to a router?

I don't have Wifi, and prob won't for some time though - broadband infastructure is terrible in Oz, virtually non-existant in domestic market. Only option is a 3g block with a built-in wifi transmitter
                                                        Sounds a bit of a nightmare.
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Personally would not ever order off Ibood again, they are a nightmare to deal with should anything go wrong.
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            You're in luck Dr. Ball:

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/
                                                            Sold out already! Looked like a GREAT deal tho...

Comment

If you like PJ Harvey her new album is very good indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                Sold out already! Looked like a GREAT deal tho...
                                                                That's a shame, looked a proper bargain alright...

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                  If you like PJ Harvey her new album is very good indeed.
                                                                  Oh yea, that is great too but she might win.

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                    Theres me delighted when my WSOP stream doesnt pause to reload for more than a minute

anyway its...... DOWNLOAD .28 UPLOAD .1 and PING 138

its tilting that im paying the same as some people for my pa-fucking-thetic connection
                                                                    its grand for poker like tahts about it though
                                                                    this is obviously dial up, ffs a dongle would be better than that

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    This reminded me that he was missing and I started to get worried.

This was a relief.

You're in luck Dr. Ball:

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/
                                                                    megatron put it up in the thread i started,
                                                                    as soon as i signed up to that stupid site it sold out

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

what do people think of this machine

[
                                                                      Last edited by 6starpool; 26-03-14, 11:26.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Is Adele not too established for the mercury prize, I thought it was for new artists?

Either way she is the nuts imo unbelievable voice.

Comment

cross post from Le tour thread

For all you Cycling fans, Stage 17 today should be very interesting today. Andy Schleck suffered yesterday and Contador must now be seriously worried about Evans
                                                                          Frank Schleck looks ready to take off from what I can see. I think he is worth a bet to win today's stage. (maybe overall) I can't get the odds just now but I reckon Contador will try to make a break and Frank will go with him. The Yellow Jersey could change hands, if Frank gets it he may prove hard to dislodge as Andy will then focus on Frank winning the Tour. Frank is 18 to 1 plus to win the Tour due to the renewed form of Contador plus Evans showing so far. Surely that is worth a bet.

Post a bit all over the place as I'm multitasking here but ya gets my drift. I could be way wrong of course but the odds baby are too good to turn down.

Comment

Shouldn't Dannys tag line read 'jumped up little Tin cop'

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Rugby Heineken Cup Fixtures
                                                                              ROUND 1
                                                                              FRIDAY, 11 NOVEMBER, 2011
                                                                              Pool 6 Harlequins v Connacht Rugby 20.00 Sky Sports
                                                                              SATURDAY, 12 NOVEMBER, 2011
                                                                              Pool 1 Munster v Northampton Saints 18.00 Sky Sports
                                                                              Pool 3 Montpellier v Leinster (Stade de la Mosson) 14.30 Canal+
                                                                              Pool 4 Ulster Rugby v ASM Clermont Auvergne 15.40 Sky Sports
                                                                              ROUND 2
                                                                              SATURDAY, 19 NOVEMBER, 2011
                                                                              Pool 1 Castres Olympique v Munster 16.40 FR2
                                                                              Pool 4 Leicester Tigers v Ulster Rugby 18.00 Sky Sports
                                                                              Pool 6 Connacht Rugby v Toulouse 18.00 Sky Sports
                                                                              SUNDAY, 20 NOVEMBER, 2011
                                                                              Pool 3 Leinster v Glasgow Warriors 12.45 Sky Sports
                                                                              ROUND 3
                                                                              FRIDAY, 9 DECEMBER, 2011
                                                                              Pool 4 Ulster Rugby v Aironi Rugby 19.30
                                                                              SATURDAY, 10 DECEMBER, 2011
                                                                              Pool 1 Scarlets v Munster 15.40 Sky Sports
                                                                              Pool 6 Connacht Rugby v Gloucester Rugby 13.30 Sky Sports
                                                                              SUNDAY, 11 DECEMBER, 2011
                                                                              Pool 3 Bath Rugby v Leinster 12.45 Sky Sports
                                                                              ROUND 4
                                                                              SATURDAY, 17 DECEMBER, 2011
                                                                              Pool 3 Leinster v Bath Rugby (Aviva Stadium) 18.00 Sky Sports
                                                                              Pool 4 Aironi Rugby v Ulster Rugby 14.30 Sky Italia
                                                                              Pool 6 Gloucester Rugby v Connacht Rugby 15.40 Sky Sports
                                                                              SUNDAY, 18 DECEMBER, 2011
                                                                              Pool 1 Munster v Scarlets 12.45 Sky Sports
                                                                              ROUND 5
                                                                              13 / 14 / 15 JANUARY, 2012
                                                                              Pool 1 Munster v Castres Olympique
                                                                              Pool 3 Glasgow Warriors v Leinster
                                                                              Pool 4 Ulster Rugby v Leicester Tigers
                                                                              Pool 6 Toulouse v Connacht Rugby
                                                                              ROUND 6
                                                                              20 / 21 / 22 JANUARY, 2012
                                                                              Pool 1 Northampton Saints v Munster
                                                                              Pool 3 Leinster v Montpellier
                                                                              Pool 4 ASM Clermont Auvergne v Ulster Rugby
                                                                              Pool 6 Connacht Rugby v Harlequins
                                                                              Leinster get the only thing that they wanted to avoid, which is an away game in France in the first few rounds.
                                                                              Connacht gonna scalp Toulouse and Harlequins at home imo, the way the games pan out is perfect for them!

Comment

Just e-mailed Ray Foley about Eoghan O'Dea
                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                  cross post from Le tour thread

For all you Cycling fans, Stage 17 today should be very interesting today. Andy Schleck suffered yesterday and Contador must now be seriously worried about Evans
                                                                                  Frank Schleck looks ready to take off from what I can see. I think he is worth a bet to win today's stage. (maybe overall) I can't get the odds just now but I reckon Contador will try to make a break and Frank will go with him. The Yellow Jersey could change hands, if Frank gets it he may prove hard to dislodge as Andy will then focus on Frank winning the Tour. Frank is 18 to 1 plus to win the Tour due to the renewed form of Contador plus Evans showing so far. Surely that is worth a bet.

Post a bit all over the place as I'm multitasking here but ya gets my drift. I could be way wrong of course but the odds baby are too good to turn down.
                                                                                  Don't know too much about tour de France but from what I read the schlecks are meant to be really cautious/poor on these descent heavy stages? Heard them moaning yesterday about them being fatally dangerous
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Just e-mailed Ray Foley about Eoghan O'Dea
                                                                                    I threw it up on Off The Ball's facebook as well.

Comment

I'd imagine Matt Cooper would be a better bet than Foley for discussing ONOD
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Does O'Dea post here?

Also what's this ONOD thing mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                          Does O'Dea post here?

No I dont think he does.

O.N.O.D = Eoghan O'Dea

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                            Does O'Dea post here?

Eoghan O Dea
                                                                                            O N O D

Comment

“The guy who hit Rupert Murdoch in the face with the shaving foam found dead from natural causes”

Comment

Sewer geyser lifts car

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

OD got his hotmail account hacked last year and in turn full tilt agreed to ship "urgent monies" to a russian withdrawal facility and he got done out of some money.

The hack came from when Boards.ie was hacked. He had same sign up email address, and unfortunately password to them two accounts.
                                                                                                  As he didnt post much he dint think of it.

This may put him off posting, but im pretty sure as soon as he's home he'll have an account set up (if he doesnt already) thanking everyone for the support!!
                                                                                                  (he thanked everyone in facebook statuses already, he's really really appreciating it all!! )
                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                    OD got his hotmail account hacked last year and in turn full tilt agreed to ship "urgent monies" to a russian withdrawal facility and he got done out of some money.

The hack came from when Boards.ie was hacked. He had same sign up email address, and unfortunately password to them two accounts.
                                                                                                    As he didnt post much he dint think of it.

This may put him off posting, but im pretty sure as soon as he's home he'll have an account set up (if he doesnt already) thanking everyone for the support!!
                                                                                                    (he thanked everyone in facebook statuses already, he's really really appreciating it all!! )
                                                                                                    I think he already has an account here, doesn't post too often, but he's posted once or twice I thought

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                      I think he already has an account here, doesn't post too often, but he's posted once or twice I thought
                                                                                                      He posts as A_CitizenErased

Comment

He posts as A_CitizenErased

lol when he asleep

Comment

That angle from the EPT last night was horrid. I'm gonna use it on some chump in Waterford

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                                            That angle from the EPT last night was horrid. I'm gonna use it on some chump in Waterford
                                                                                                            cliffs?

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                                              Being from Wexford you'll prob get away with the "no speak english" bit

Comment

I see ONOD got a mention in the Irish Star today
                                                                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

cliffs?
                                                                                                                  Check wsop thread around 12 last night
                                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Sigh first time I've posted a youtube clip since changeover..well worth a watch though and just over 2 minutes long.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by sligoboi; 20-07-11, 13:42.
                                                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Check wsop thread around 12 last night
                                                                                                                      Anyone got a YouTube link or similar?
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

cliffs?
                                                                                                                        Foreign guy, facing a river bet, says raises as he pushes out a call amount.
                                                                                                                        "Oh noes, I meantz to sez callz, zee. I no speka da engerlish"

Thomas Kremsers being the good TD that he is, is forced to rule that the guy has to make a min raise, but also decides to tell the other guy that foreigner is full of shit and he did the same thing twice earlier with the nuts.
                                                                                                                        The guy calls anyway (wtf??) and angle shooter shows the nuts.

Comment

that's terrible. Almost BK levels of unrepentant angleshooting.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X