X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS Strewel that better not be a big spoiler in the film

Comment

Coming out of the cinema in Liffey valley about 8PM and its pissing down and I'm in a really sweet parking spot about 10M from the enterance. As I get to my car and open it a fire engine red Audi TT comes screaming up and jams on the brakes, even without the dangerous driving in a wet carpark its a red Audi so we know the lad is an Asshat. I sit in turn on the engine engage reverse ...turn on the radio and sit back and relax.
      It took the fucking prick more than 5 minutes and about half a dozen honks of the horn from behind him for him to move off, once he did I instantly reversed out and let the young wan in the micra that he'd been holding up into the spot.

I am a bad bad person
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Coming out of the cinema in Liffey valley about 8PM and its pissing down and I'm in a really sweet parking spot about 10M from the enterance. As I get to my car and open it a fire engine red Audi TT comes screaming up and jams on the brakes, even without the dangerous driving in a wet carpark its a red Audi so we know the lad is an Asshat. I sit in turn on the engine engage reverse ...turn on the radio and sit back and relax.
        It took the fucking prick more than 5 minutes and about half a dozen honks of the horn from behind him for him to move off, once he did I instantly reversed out and let the young wan in the micra that he'd been holding up into the spot.

I am a bad bad person
        The honking was most likely aimed at you sitting there with your reverse lights on
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

SP you should probably spoiler your post about Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, stuff like that bugs the hell out of me.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Yeah, I'm going to watch TTSS tomorrow, really hope that's not too big of a spoiler.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I went last night as well and I thought it was fantastic. I know the book and the BBC series very well, I thought that the plot and keeping on top of who was who may have been too much effort for someone not as familiar with the Story.
              Yeah I found it very, very hard to follow. My GF isn't much into films and she was just lost from start to finish. She didn't enjoy it at all, while I still thought it was great, but with some flaws.

SPOILER
              The biggest thing for me was not understanding why Colin Firth thought he was going to Russia at the end?? He's saying "I'll miss the cricket", while I'd have thought he'd be looking at a lengthy stay in a military prison.
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                The honking was most likely aimed at you sitting there with your reverse lights on
                Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                Yeah, I'm going to watch TTSS tomorrow, really hope that's not too big of a spoiler.
                Ah no its not a spoiler at all, its a clarification of something that might add to confusion... but I'll spoiler it anyway
                Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                Yeah I found it very, very hard to follow. My GF isn't much into films and she was just lost from start to finish. She didn't enjoy it at all, while I still thought it was great, but with some flaws.

SPOILER
                The biggest thing for me was not understanding why Colin Firth thought he was going to Russia at the end?? He's saying "I'll miss the cricket", while I'd have thought he'd be looking at a lengthy stay in a military prison.
                SPOILER
                Ah no thats the whole point of the thing its just a game and like Philby IRL he as a senior Russian officer was always up for swapping

Comment

Anyone help me out on the Trigger thing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                    I thought we did see him when he was in the Garage but they definitely did seem tpo make an effort not to show him face on. I wondered if they were playing with the audience a bit because his voice is so familiar that everyone would be freaked out trying to put a face to the voice.

The Character is an old colleague of Smiley's from outside the Circus who knows the game he can trust to be uninvolved with the suspects.

Comment

I thought we did see him when he was in the Garage but they definitely did seem tpo make an effort not to show him face on. I wondered if they were playing with the audience a bit because his voice is so familiar that everyone would be freaked out trying to put a face to the voice.

The Character is an old colleague of Smiley's from outside the Circus who knows the game he can trust to be uninvolved with the suspects.
                      Or perhaps they were worried that nobody could take him seriously after the trigger character.

Defo no direct look at him

Comment

Ah no its not a spoiler at all, its a clarification of something that might add to confusion... but I'll spoiler it anyway

SPOILER
                        Ah no thats the whole point of the thing its just a game and like Philby IRL he as a senior Russian officer was always up for swapping
                        It's defo a pretty decent spoiler to brush off like it's nothing, its been read now by those who have seen it so I think me saying this isn't going to affect anything.

Comment

lol I taught you where talking about me.

Comment

Pretty sick today the lads won the south final. I walked off the panel about 6 weeks ago after getting two 10 minute runs all year.

The reason was our first football training was on the last day of May and it was all hurling orientated all year one of the football selectors even walked. I turned up for almost every football training but i wasnt attending hurling training for the sake of it dont see why i should have to. This obviously put me at a disadvantage. I started every single game the year before when the trainers were separate.

I wish i could be happy about it but really im just physically sick. This idiot trainer ruined there chances in the hurling by playing around with the team. The lads all pretty much want him out but after winning this it could be harder.

Tip : Former all ireland refs dont necessarily transfer to good managers.
                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                              It's defo a pretty decent spoiler to brush off like it's nothing, its been read now by those who have seen it so I think me saying this isn't going to affect anything.
                              Have you seen the Film?
                              Its not a spoiler, not only is it not a spoiler its something that makes the film less confusing for someone who hasn't read the book.

Saying that Trigger is in it is a spoiler though

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                Pretty sick today the lads won the south final. I walked off the panel about 6 weeks ago after getting two 10 minute runs all year.

The reason was our first football training was on the last day of May and it was all hurling orientated all year one of the football selectors even walked. I turned up for almost every football training but i wasnt attending hurling training for the sake of it dont see why i should have to. This obviously put me at a disadvantage. I started every single game the year before when the trainers were separate.

I wish i could be happy about it but really im just physically sick. This idiot trainer ruined there chances in the hurling by playing around with the team. The lads all pretty much want him out but after winning this it could be harder.

Tip : Former all ireland refs dont necessarily transfer to good managers.
                                lol dualaments

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  Tylerdurden, have you seen the film 6th sense.? I just feel the need to tell you that Bruce willis was dead all along and really hope you havent seen it.
                                  Ah ffs!! Was gonna watch that tonight after seeing it picked so highly in the movie draft!

Comment

Lol,Strewel,pretty massive spoiler there.I'd say there's no point in the lads going to see it now.They probably had plans to bring their partners,that's half a dozen cinema tickets not sold.No wonder cinemas are closing.

The lads will probably go on the beer instead,contributing to their alcohol related health issues.Heck,they'll probably be so pissed off at missing the film they might give the dog a kick when they get home.

Workers being laid off,drink addiction and a broken dog.Fuck you Strewel.
                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I was just listening to the Yann Kermagant song played to the tune of Total eclipse of the heart when my 7 seven year old says, 'dad, remember the song from the poker' and starts singing 'Dont bluff Mick Stephens'

So wish I had recorded it.

Comment

Think will be mostly at a 21st in templebar this evening. Too old for that shit

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                          Think will be mostly at a 21st in templebar this evening. Too old for that shit
                                          Be thankful its not templars hall

Comment

Sweet Carroll 9
                                            Oh Oh Oh
                                            Him and Suarez look so good
                                            So good So good So good
                                            Goals all the time
                                            Oh Oh Oh
                                            Just like Kenny said they would, would, would...

as a liverpool fan.....facepalm
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

absolutely savage game - still over 10 mins left

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/8...gan-state.html

Comment

A long shot but by any chance has anyone any bitcoins or know anyone who will sell them for paypal?

Comment

Have you seen the Film?
                                                  Its not a spoiler, not only is it not a spoiler its something that makes the film less confusing for someone who hasn't read the book.

Saying that Trigger is in it is a spoiler though
                                                  Let people figure it out on their own.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                  Tylerdurden, have you seen the film 6th sense.? I just feel the need to tell you that Bruce willis was dead all along and really hope you havent seen it.
                                                  Big difference between that and something that is only just released, recently in here there has been a few things said about stuff that has only been released, I don't think its too much to spoiler something if you really want to talk about.

Sure from time to time we still spoiler The Wire talk and had to warn people not to watch certain videos because it might spoiler stuff, with that its just too good to spoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                    A long shot but by any chance has anyone any bitcoins or know anyone who will sell them for paypal?
                                                    stay the hell away from that investment. not even a penny into that ponzi scheme.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I agree with Tylerdurden, in general anyway, I think being overly careful with spoilers for stuff that's only out a few weeks is the way to go what with the forum supporting spoiler tags anyway. That and major TV shows like The Wire where people may take up watching it at any point. But tbf, I think this forum is very good as both of those things go, for the most part.
                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Just done with Breaking bad series 1. What have i to look forward to regards the rest of the seasons. Which are good and which leave down?
                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

It's a long hard road Zosma.
                                                          You need some serious hardware for it to be worth your while getting into that, and even then....
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                            stay the hell away from that investment. not even a penny into that ponzi scheme.
                                                            I only want them to buy something but they're a pain to get, cant use paypal or credit card (unless you know someone obv), most places want bank transfer, half of these are scams and the legit ones charge a huge vig.

Comment

must dig out this t-shirt for the next time I'm blogging with TylerD

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                Just done with Breaking bad series 1. What have i to look forward to regards the rest of the seasons. Which are good and which leave down?
                                                                I thought the 2nd and start of the 3rd really pushed it on a lot. End of the 3rd still good. 4th has been mixed for me. Has some epic scenes, prob some of the best in the whole series but some elements of the storyline have really annoyed me. Overall, really good and worth sticking with

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                  It's a long hard road Zosma.
                                                                  You need some serious hardware for it to be worth your while getting into that, and even then....
                                                                  How dow you mean hardware? I need around $150 worth just for a once off.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                                                                    lol I taught you where talking about me.
                                                                    This is going to come across really bitchy, but I am not aiming this at just you. I HATE with a passion how people spell things like they say them in some parts of Ireland.

Taught - simple past tense and past participle of teach.

THOUGHT - the product of mental activity

It is not the only word. But a few where people don't pronounce the TH and just say it as a T!

Tilts absolute fuck out me. A bit like text speak which I can't stand.

One of the other ones is a Treadmill. I have seen that written as THREADMILL lol.

/rant

Comment

I only want them to buy something but they're a pain to get, cant use paypal or credit card (unless you know someone obv), most places want bank transfer, half of these are scams and the legit ones charge a huge vig.
                                                                      buying something using bitcoins.....

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

SPOILER
                                                                        wearing it

Comment

i loled

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                            It spoiled around 4 films I haven't seen yet, worth it for the laughs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                              I agree with Tylerdurden, in general anyway, I think being overly careful with spoilers for stuff that's only out a few weeks is the way to go what with the forum supporting spoiler tags anyway. That and major TV shows like The Wire where people may take up watching it at any point. But tbf, I think this forum is very good as both of those things go, for the most part.
                                                                              Would also agree for the most part that the forum is very good for spoilers but just a little pet peeve of mine.

SPOILER
                                                                              Pretty cool t-shirt must pick one up myself.

Comment

How dow you mean hardware? I need around $150 worth just for a once off.
                                                                                bitcoins a a virtual currency 'mined' or generated using CPU power.
                                                                                Leaving your PC running overnight cranked to it's max processing might be enough CPU usage to mine $1 worth.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                  This is going to come across really bitchy, but I am not aiming this at just you. I HATE with a passion how people spell things like they say them in some parts of Ireland.

It is not the only word. But a few where people don't pronounce the TH and just say it as a T!

One of the other ones is a Treadmill. I have seen that written as THREADMILL lol.

/rant
                                                                                  Not bitchy at all , simple mistake will try harder in future not to make your life a living hell.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

/rant
                                                                                    don't loose you're temper

Comment

bitcoins a a virtual currency 'mined' or generated using CPU power.
                                                                                      Leaving your PC running for 5 days cranked to it's max processing might be enough CPU usage to mine $1 worth.
                                                                                      fixed that for you.
                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Danny's dream threesome?

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                                                                                          Not bitchy at all , simple mistake will try harder in future not to make your life a living hell.
                                                                                          I was just saying. I said it wasn't just aimed at you. I see it done loads on here with many TH words!

Comment

don't loose you're temper
                                                                                            I think YOUR very funny

Comment

Danny's dream threesome?

Comment

Does anyone else order pizza when they are hungover, eat one slice and then put it in the fridge?

Comment

I think it can be done on VirWox.com

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                      Does anyone else order pizza when they are hungover, eat one slice and then put it in the fridge?
                                                                                                      man up
                                                                                                      get through that shit

Comment

I think it can be done on VirWox.com
                                                                                                        Thanks had a look at that before but its for second life (lindin) $. I think you set up an account then buy lindins in the game then trade them for bitcoins somewhere else. Way too much hassle and charged a vig at two or three points.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                          fixed that for you.
                                                                                                          Or about 20 minutes on my laptop

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

lol at the dopes on Million Pound Drop

Comment

...

Comment

Bought a pair of Bose AE2's last week and have to say they are sick good headphones, they are so comfortable that I have forgotten that I had them on at times, all the Bose haters in the world won't convince me otherwise that they are "bad" headphones.

Comment

I was just listening to the Yann Kermagant song played to the tune of Total eclipse of the heart when my 7 seven year old says, 'dad, remember the song from the poker' and starts singing 'Dont bluff Mick Stephens'

So wish I had recorded it.
                                                                                                                    Totally missed that first time 'round. Thank you Sir.

Originally posted by Pabloh
                                                                                                                    After some recent drunken sessions with a number of failed attempts to convert the full lyrics of Don't Stop Believin to an homage to MickSte I humbly present the following ... and suggest that any of you fortunate to be in his presence while said Journey song is playing use the revised lyrics below.

Just a small time game
                                                                                                                    Faces they are all the same
                                                                                                                    Kinda players you could find anywhere
                                                                                                                    Just a city boy
                                                                                                                    Born and raised in south Greystones
                                                                                                                    He took the last dart train going anywhere

A player in a smoky room
                                                                                                                    The smell of Lynx and Tadhg’s perfume
                                                                                                                    After Coppers they can share the night
                                                                                                                    It goes on and on and on and on

Strangers waiting
                                                                                                                    Up and down the Jackpot Tables
                                                                                                                    They stagger drunkenly in the night
                                                                                                                    Here comes the Stevens
                                                                                                                    Playing cards without emotion
                                                                                                                    Grinding somewhere in the night

Working hard to get my fill
                                                                                                                    Everybody wants a thrill
                                                                                                                    Paying anything to roll the dice
                                                                                                                    Just one more time

Some will win, some will lose
                                                                                                                    Kev Corr sells new shoes
                                                                                                                    Oh, the movie never ends
                                                                                                                    It goes on and on and on and on
                                                                                                                    Strangers waiting
                                                                                                                    Up and down the Jackpot Tables
                                                                                                                    They stagger drunkenly in the night
                                                                                                                    Here comes the Stevens
                                                                                                                    Playing cards without emotion
                                                                                                                    Grinding somewhere in the night

Don't bluff Mick Stevens
                                                                                                                    Don’t you ever bluff Mick Stevens
                                                                                                                    He’ll call you down with Jack high!
                                                                                                                    Woah
                                                                                                                    Don’t Bluff Mick Stevens
                                                                                                                    Fold ‘em
                                                                                                                    You people
                                                                                                                    Ohhhhhh
                                                                                                                    Don’t you ever bluff Mick Stevens
                                                                                                                    He’ll leave you cryin in the night
                                                                                                                    SWARRRR
                                                                                                                    After some recent drunken sessions with a number of failed attempts to convert the full lyrics of Don't Stop Believin to an homage to MickSte I humbly present the following ...
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...

Comment

Carter out of RWC. Crazy blow. Wow, just wow. Without being over enthusiastic this is without doubt our best chance at winning a world cup to date and most likely for a very long time.

Comment

Bought a pair of Bose AE2's last week and have to say they are sick good headphones, they are so comfortable that I have forgotten that I had them on at times, all the Bose haters in the world won't convince me otherwise that they are "bad" headphones.

How much? Where you get them?
                                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X