• Show
Clear All

Unrefined canola oil 107°C
    Refined canola oil 204°C

Comment

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Are RTE actually having a laugh?. this is hilarious.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              does the tv stop working at midnight? eek - farewell to organised entertainment, meh probably for the best
              Northern Irish TV now gone fully digital as of a minute ago anyway.

Comment

Samaras out for 12 weeks. That's a pity.
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Fairly interesting stuff in the Premier league poker!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                    you're a day late and a dollar short with the trolling, as ever. Just give it up, you're terrible at it and getting worse.
                    you mad?

Comment

Update on the job, you are literally a number actually are a number lol as my stamp thing I use is number 32. I think normally the company has 6 to maybe 10 full time staff and at the busy season like now for halloween they take on around 50 to 80 extra.

There is approx three head honchos all sound in fairness but nobody I reckon notices your work you are expected to just do your job. everyone flying around the place picking and packing orders. So tonight I needed an order and it was on the top rack so you need to get a ladder and get it, however when I got to the top and reached in the box my arm wasnt long enough so I had to pull the box out and somehow try to get it down from the rack balancing it on top of the ladder and then down each rung, got it down to the 3rd rung and it fell, which I kinda got down before it and half caught it. while doing so one of the owners came over and asked did I need help. I said I didnt like to be constantly annoying the lads to help me lift things and would rather just get on with it and was well used to it as I worked in a warehouse for 10 years. He then said to me very well done on your work yesterday, you didnt make one mistake all day , ah shur I said may as well get it done right as you never know you might remember me and keep me with a little chuckle. He laughed too and asked me my name and offered to put the box back up

So when I thought no one noticed I was wrong! Only have maybe 2 weeks left but shur ya never know might get called back again. Its fecking brill to be working, dreading going back to nothing! Hopefully the recruitment company look for feedback!
                      Last edited by SatNav; 23-10-12, 23:50.
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                        Are RTE actually having a laugh?. this is hilarious.
                        EXTRAS Ricky Gervais tag line haha are you having a laugh!

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                        Mother-in-law's plane has landed. We're down to (1) the immigration guy saying she's not coming in, or (2) the taxi driver getting lost.
                        Which are you rooting for?
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          you mad?
                          Son, it would take a great deal of effort for anything you say to get me mad. You're not even close tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            I'm a bit confused by all the love for Coconut oil.
                            I think you lost a lot of credibility in a coconut oil discussion with Emmet when you called it "tasteless and watery"

The literature is neutral to sceptical at best and the heavily advertised claims (accurate in the bare fact) of 100% less cholesterol than butter smack of dodgy marketing when the saturated fat content and effects of lauric acid in raising blood cholesterol are taken into view.
                            All sat fat isn't bad. A fact thats been lost doe to marketing. Even weight watchers have dropped the penalty for sat fat over other fats.
                            Lauric acid is considered one of the good sat fats, and IIRC, the most common source is breast milk.

I'm struck though at the claims made here about its high smoke point on here recently and how its much better than Olive Oil for cooking but according to Wikipedia its smoke point is 177C 16 degrees below that of Olive and 29 below that of rapeseed oil both very low in saturated fat.
                            I don't think smoke oil should be taken in isolation like that.
                            I think the point is extra virgin olive oil is much lower than non-extra virgin (ie refined). so the latter is better for frying. It’s possible that the same could apply to coconut oil. I wasn’t under the impression that smoke point was the benefit to coconut oil, but rather the make up.
                            I use canola (rapeseed) and coconut btw, I think being dogmatic to either side is a bit silly.

The low in sat fat doesn't make an oil is good.
                            Trans fats are unsaturated and considered by all to be awful for your health.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                              Fairly interesting stuff in the Premier league poker!
                              Seidel just picks up the boots 5 hands in. I'd have like to seen Katchalov get all the chips

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                ^^^^^
                                answers up there

How I see it going
                                SPOILER

They'll try to turn him double agent. Which I think will be fantastic tv.
                                He'll get the not for VP
                                Resumption of surveillance
                                Mike and mrs brody
                                Brody kills crazy legs guy
                                VP is a pervert.....just a hunch
                                Brody kills VP

The dynamic has changed a lot with the early developments. I've got faith in this show.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                cheap tablet recommendation please bbv

required spec = indestructability as it'll be mainly for wife and kids to surf and play games
                                Nexus 7 nut tablet €240 in Argos.

Ah, Homeland.

That is not the direction I would have chosen.
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I hate these guys usually.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                    Yes shit in 2010/2011 when we won every home game of the campaign and went undefeated away from home all the way to the final losing by 1 to the greatest football side ever assembled
                                    errr....not saying united were shit or anything but I definitely remember a dour 0-0 draw with rangers at old trafford - think it was the game when antonio valencia busted his ankle - and losing by 2 to barca in the final. just sayin

Comment

New 13" Macbook Pro Retina/iMac/mini iPad announced today pretty snazzy! The new iMac especially looks wicked.

Shop everything iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac and Apple TV, plus explore accessories and entertainment and get expert device support.
                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Alphas, what a fucking show
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                          Bond.

'Do you expect me to talk, Scaramanga?'

'No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!'

** willy laser continues toward destination **

Epic.
                                          How did this go all day uncorrected?

Forshame Icky. Au Digit.
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Won this bad boy in a €3 tournament tonight. Seems like a decent piece of kit

Comment

Abraham lincoln - Vampire Hunter : WTF was that all about ?

Comment

Howard Lederer playing some 10k tourney which will have people in it that he Fucked over. Some serious balls hope he gets smacked around
                                                airport, lol

Comment

upc just blocked the pirate bay
                                                  use .se and it's fine
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Ads on youtube are bizarrely badly targeted. Just had an Alpro ad for making lovely scrumptious Alpro (think its yogurt) + cookie dessert while waiting for "Waiting round to Die" by Townes Van Zandt to load?????
                                                    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Of course Celtic were up for it tonight, they only have 6 competetive games this season, this was one of them. All the scottish games are effectively friendlies

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                        New 13" Macbook Pro Retina/iMac/mini iPad announced today pretty snazzy! The new iMac especially looks wicked.

http://www.apple.com/ie/
                                                        New iPad after 6 months is a bit much.

Might have to get on board with the Apple hate.

Should be fixing their fucking bugs instead of rushing out inferior products for inflated prices. (Damn I sound like Strewelpeter)
                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                          Girlfriend's brother rang me he is only 16 and he gave her a 10r he wanted to put on United at 2/5 to win 4 euro he needed for phone credit. I couldnt be bothered actually putting the bet on and said in my head il just give him the 4 euro if they win.

I decided to ring him now that there 1 down and said he has the option to lay off the bet and just lose 1 euro now. He turned it down and i shall now 100% keep the money. Ha 2-0 as i speak easy money.

I suspect Celtic have just angered the beast

United have been shit in Europe for a couple of years now
                                                          Keep on showing what you don't know!

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                          Anyone recommend a podcast? Haven't tried them before. Nothing too hectic.
                                                          Joe Rogan Podcast. just don't take it seriously.

Download stitcher in Google Play, good app for podcasts. You can search and find what they don't list. Football Weekly with AC Jimbo is a bi weekly must listen too.

__________________________________________________ _________

I hate Celtic.

Fair play to them for what they have done so far in CL. I wrote them off. They have already shown they are worthy of their place.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                            errr....not saying united were shit or anything but I definitely remember a dour 0-0 draw with rangers at old trafford - think it was the game when antonio valencia busted his ankle - and losing by 2 to barca in the final. just sayin
                                                            mobile posting ftl

Comment

I am addicted to the Adam Carolla daily podcast. He has some great rants. May take a few listens to get used to his style of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                                I am addicted to the Adam Carolla daily podcast. He has some great rants. May take a few listens to get used to his style of humour.
                                                                Yeah he is OK. Will take a few listens though.

Might be a coincidence but I find I fall asleep alot ten minutes into his podcast.

Comment

Bill Burrs Monday Morning Podcast is quite good. Its basically him talking nonsense for an hour but can be really entertaining. Its good to just listen to and just zone out !

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                                    Bill Burrs Monday Morning Podcast is quite good. Its basically him talking nonsense for an hour but can be really entertaining. Its good to just listen to and just zone out !
                                                                    Are you a fox named Alan?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      The night crew is lacking of late don't scare him off.
                                                                      Second thoughts tenner for his tail if ya kill him
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        So I just paid €660 Car Tax, €618 for Car Insurance & €80 for my speeding fine. Il be living off marmalade sandwiches by the time pay day comes around!! I tried to remove my ex gf from my car insurance and the lady on the phone said to hold off until I could swap in somebody else for her as she was sharing the risk and was probably reducing my policy - I told her I would be back in touch depending on the next few weekends go - she did have a good laugh in fairness to her. I got a 10% discount on the renewal quote just by calling up and saying "ah here, leave it out".
                                                                        Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                        £375 car tax
                                                                        £843 car insurance

it's a lean month here too! (never mind dropping ~£500 getting car through MOT last month!)
                                                                        I paid £170 insurance for me, herself and my dad. No road tax over here either.

Comment

Yeah, had to flee from those damn hunters before I became a dead foz who used to be called Alan. Im also an amazingly unimaginative person when it comes to usernames!

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                                            Yeah, had to flee from those damn hunters before I became a dead foz who used to be called Alan. Im also an amazingly unimaginative person when it comes to usernames!
                                                                            So you're not a fox?

Won't pretend I'm not dissapointed.

There is a fox on twitter called Gus, hence my high hopes.

Comment

So you're not a fox?

Won't pretend I'm not dissapointed.

There is a fox on twitter called Gus, hence my high hopes.
                                                                              Ah GUS!? Yeah Gus is my brother, sound guy. Im only half fox ya see...complicated auld stuff so it is

Comment

Goodnight. Solid night shift.
                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                  How did this go all day uncorrected?

Forshame Icky. Au Digit.
                                                                                  Because it was right the first time I guess.
                                                                                  It was from Goldfinger not The Man With The Golden Gun (Scaramanga)

Comment

Any decent movie streaming sites about?

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                      Any decent movie streaming sites about?
                                                                                      Search it on 1 channel. Watch it through sockshare or put locker. Google the name of fim and add in 1channel.

Eg. Google "godfather 1channel"
                                                                                      click link
                                                                                      use sockshare /putlocker

Comment

Yeah download obviously preferred but if you have to stream use 1channel.ch sockshareputlocker or gorillavid all good
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Yeah he is OK. Will take a few listens though.

Might be a coincidence but I find I fall asleep alot ten minutes into his podcast.
                                                                                          I do that with a lot of podcasts too but then again I listen to podcasts when i go to bed wrecked after a full days work So at night time I tend to only listen to podcasts I not that bothered with but would still interest me all the same if I couldnt fall asleep like WTF by marc maron. He interviews lots of US comedians that wouldnt be well known in Ireland and the UK but he has a somewhat different interviewing style that I like and the guests really open up to him.

Also thanks to Hectorjelly's recommendation I am now having strange dreams since I started listening to the WWII podcast by Ray Harris Jr. I never stay awake to any of his podcasts that go over 30 minutes! I actually took a week off from it as I was starting to feel a bit gloomy lately and I think that was to blame?!

Thankfully a feed of Guinness at the weekend sorted that out and Im going to crank up episode 24 of the WWII podcast now.

Comment

Jude 3/15 in super tuesday.. 100k up top..
                                                                                            If it wasn't for variance i'd lose em all.

http://twitter.com/#!/NiallSmythers

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                              Of course Celtic were up for it tonight, they only have 6 competetive games this season, this was one of them. All the scottish games are effectively friendlies
                                                                                              shit, why even play football anymore? close all clubs down now.

give Celtic a premiership TV deal and they would be challenging for the UCL. give a premiership team Celtics TV deal and they'd go bust.

Comment

Full STI Screening, jesus groupon deals are grim these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  Full STI Screening, jesus groupon deals are grim these days.
                                                                                                  The perfect gift imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    Won this bad boy in a €3 tournament tonight. Seems like a decent piece of kit

http://www.actioncameras.co.uk/gopro...utdoor-edition
                                                                                                    I think Danny was showing me videos on youtube from one of them cameras - search for it. Some seriously cool videos. The way he was going on about it it was the next techy thing on his list
                                                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                      The perfect gift imo.
                                                                                                      ideal for any significant anniversaries.

Comment

...

Comment

l'Ecrivain now cutting out the middleman.

Comment

...

Comment

l'Ecrivain now cutting out the middleman.

http://www.lecrivain.com/vouchers.php
                                                                                                              was there a few weeks back with some IPB'ers and if you'd asked me what I'd eaten at the end of the meal, I'd barely be able to tell you

this is either a comment on;
                                                                                                              (a) the sparkling wit and brilliance of the dinner conversation
                                                                                                              (b) my advancing years
                                                                                                              or (c) the fact that they have gone downhill quite a bit

won't be rushing back in any case, plus they booted us out of the bar quite unceremoniously at the end of the night
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I was there a few weeks ago and similar enough experience. Parts of the meal were spectacular, and other parts very average. Got there a little late, and when we finished there was only one other party left, at which point I overhead two of the staff giving out that we were still there. Wasn't even particularly late, although the other table showed no signs of moving!
                                                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-10-12, 09:09.

Comment

+1 I'm in no rush back there.

Comment

I was there a few weeks ago and similar enough experience. Parts of the meal were spectacular, and other parts very average. Got there a little late, and when we finished there was only one other party left, at which point I overhead two of the staff giving out that we were still there. Wasn't even particularly late, although the other table showed no signs of moving!
                                                                                                                    Chapter One is the nut option for fine dining in town imo

quite telling that you never see them resorting to these kind of offers
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Yeah, really you shouldn't take up such offers. Fine dinning and discounts aren't exactly synonymous.

Comment

Chapter One is the nut option for fine dining in town imo

quite telling that you never see them resorting to these kind of offers
                                                                                                                        Chef's table this day week

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X