This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
    So Kayroo, I take it you have you never stood in a house and watch helplessly as a father (a relative stranger) drags his child kicking and screaming in terror to the car for overnight access? Listen to the child talk afterwards about being shouted at, mocked, food withheld and denied toilet access? Its inhumane that the child's view is never counted in these cases....
    Wow, that's pretty offensive.
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Referendums are boring. Not nearly as interesting as a good TV show.

Comment

Electra, I probably would be inclined to vote yes, but that type of emotional reasoning is a really bad way to think about any proposed legal change. It actually sounds that because of your experience you are unable to think it through dispassionately.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
          Wow, that's pretty offensive.
          It wasn't meant to be, its just sad that legal system decides something that works against a child's emotional reasoning.

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          Electra, I probably would be inclined to vote yes, but that type of emotional reasoning is a really bad way to think about any proposed legal change. It actually sounds that because of your experience you are unable to think it through dispassionately.
          Not my personal experiences, just what I see/hear, there are cases where the legal system has been correct in their decisions but other cases are just frustrating because the views put forward by the child is rarely accepted.

But i see your points guys and will remove the post.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
            Yeah its bizarre once someone tells you I heard a "pop" in my knee there's nearly nothing else it can be
            Yeah. Most of the time. But I have seen a girls femur snapped before. Massive pop there too, at the time I thought it was a hip or knee ligament. I imagine the pop was because of the size of the bone and the force needed.
            Complete freak accident. Almost every other time something else gives first, but the knee and hip were both supported in such a way that there was no pressure on the joints.

Comment

Never been a huge Bond fan but looking forward to seeing Skyfall. Friend who would be a big film snob and I thought this would be pretty far from her sphere of interest film wise was raving about it after seeing an advance screening.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                It wasn't meant to be, its just sad that legal system decides something that works against a child's emotional reasoning.

Not my personal experiences, just what I see/hear, there are cases where the legal system has been correct in their decisions but other cases are just frustrating because the views put forward by the child is rarely accepted.

But i see your points guys and will remove the post.
                Similarly to your first post you could make the point that anyone wanting st,ate involvement in child welfare has never heard of the magdalene laundries, reform schools and systematic ignoring of church and school child abuse.

Debates like these are rarely served well by bringing them to the extremes of either side.

Personally I will lean towards voting no on the basis that it really imo never ends well for kids brought forcibly into state care, obviously in extreme cases some people just should not be allowed anywhere near children but for the most part I would prefer to see a system that tries to help and educate problem parents rather than state and foster care and all the problems that results in long term.

Comment

I've never enjoyed a bond film. When I was a kid I assumed it was something I didn't "get", and then I realised, no, they are just crap. Crap dialogue, stupid plots, awful jokes. I mean most of the jokes are worse than the football ones that slowly make their way across facebook.

[the motorcycle henchmen flies off a cliff in a cloud of feathers]
                  James Bond: All those feathers and he still can't fly!

Comment

I'm finding it harder and harder not to root for Romney. I think in a vacuum Romney would definitely be a better president than Obama ever could be. Obama hasn't been a good president (from either a liberal or balanced point of view) & hasn't run a good campaign. It's pretty clear he isn't really a people person; his main skill is in empty rhetoric and appearance. It's just a shame that Romney represents a party that is both evil and stupid. If they got in they'd end up trying to outlaw abortion, infuriate China and then start a war, probably with Iran.
                    Good (positive) blog post on Romney http://blogmaverick.com/2012/10/11/my-o … -tax-plan/

Comment

Yeah never a massive Bond fan myself. From the trailers alone there's a different feel to Skyfall though, seems darker than the usual formulae, has a Christopher Nolan vibe to it, prob what they're trying to imitate.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Anyone know if either of them are more likely than the other to kick start poker legislation in America and get them back online?

Edit - I don't think it's really fair to accuse Sam Mendes of ripping off Nolan but I know what you mean.

Opr
                        Last edited by Opr; 23-10-12, 00:56.

Comment

Dude on CNN saying that Romney and possibly Obama too will stop for a prayer before their debate. Americans really need to remove the religion aspect from politics in this day and age. I look forward to the day when one candidate openly mocks the other for believing in that type of thing, although it's not likely to win many votes at the present.

Comment

When you were a kid some of the Moore ones were alright on a shit day as they didn't take themselves seriously but

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Is the only bond character that stands the test of time
                            Last edited by Guest; 23-10-12, 01:04.

Comment

Guardian have a live stream - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012...ma-romney-live

Opr

Comment

@OPR Romney is on record saying he doesnt want any form of gambling allowed online, so with Romney as pres, Id say any legislation would be much harder to pass

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                  I'm still really enjoying Homeland. Dexter is awful.

TWD

SPOILER
                                  First couple of episodes of TWD have been decent but I hate all the characters at this stage especially Rick who I would have taken immense satisfaction if he had been the one getting a pick axe in the head this week. Also now I'm going to have to put up with that miserable whining cunt Herschel hopping around on one leg, just fucking die already.

Opr
                                  Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                  Absolutely loved the first 6 seasons of Dexter, been a bit disappointed this year so far but still love the show. Season 4 was probably the best tv ive ever watched
                                  you people are fucking crazy
                                  this season of Dexter has been fantastic.
                                  The writers have the shackles of syndication cast off and we are moving to a final endgame.

It's so much better than prior years
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'm finding it harder and harder not to root for Romney. I think in a vacuum Romney would definitely be a better president than Obama ever could be. Obama hasn't been a good president (from either a liberal or balanced point of view) & hasn't run a good campaign. It's pretty clear he isn't really a people person; his main skill is in empty rhetoric and appearance. It's just a shame that Romney represents a party that is both evil and stupid. If they got in they'd end up trying to outlaw abortion, infuriate China and then start a war, probably with Iran.
                                    Good (positive) blog post on Romney http://blogmaverick.com/2012/10/11/my-o … -tax-plan/
                                    Is Romney a people person? I can't really think how Romney could be a better president. It just seems like he doesn't have much of a plan and is bluffing his way in by picking apart Obama's faults and mistakes as president as opposed to offering his alternative plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                      John Lithgoe was the main reason I thought S4 was so good. Its gotten a bit waffley recently, plots have become far too complicated and the whole killing process has gotten rather stale. That said, season 6 was very good and ended very strongly. 7 hasnt gotten interesting at all really, it's like the writers are bored of it. In theory it should be interesting still the way things have gone, Im still living in hope...
                                      lol
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        Yeah never a massive Bond fan myself. From the trailers alone there's a different feel to Skyfall though, seems darker than the usual formulae, has a Christopher Nolan vibe to it, prob what they're trying to imitate.
                                        Actually think it's trying to be more like how the books were originally written. They are much darker with less moments of humour than most of the previous films.
                                        Always enjoyed the bond films, predictable no need to think romps with some action hot women and the odd well delivered line of wit(especially from Connery)

Comment

Bill Maher recently did a show about politics for yahoo

Not always funny but he made some very good points about The Republicans doing everything they can to cripple the US over the last 4 years and standing back laughing at Obama.
                                          He also rips into Obama for never standing up to the Republicans and always looking to do a deal instead of attacking them.

Romney talks some amount of poor quality shit!

Comment

That constant smirk on Romney's face is irritating.

Comment

loaded question here

Comment

Obama v Romney Debate
                                                tl dr version

Romney: We have less ships than previous years in the army

Obama: We have less horses too, we have these things
                                                called aircraft now.

Lol owned

Guardian quote
                                                "Oh joy, an actual joke! Romney has rolled out his pre-rehearsed line about the US navy being smaller than at any time since 1917 – that soundbite is so old I think it was written in 1917 – and so on.

At last, Obama gets in a zinger: "Well Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets ... we have these things called aircraft carriers. This isn't a game of Battleship."

I nearly laughed, so that's an improvement."
                                                "

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  loaded question here
                                                  Signposted from a mile off and poorly delivered

hope something good follows...

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                    Obama v Romney Debate
                                                    tl dr version

Romney: We have less ships than previous years in the army

Obama: We have less horses too, we have these things
                                                    called aircraft now.

Lol owned

Guardian quote
                                                    "Oh joy, an actual joke! Romney has rolled out his pre-rehearsed line about the US navy being smaller than at any time since 1917 – that soundbite is so old I think it was written in 1917 – and so on.

At last, Obama gets in a zinger: "Well Governor, we also have fewer horses and bayonets ... we have these things called aircraft carriers. This isn't a game of Battleship."

I nearly laughed, so that's an improvement."
                                                    "
                                                    Guardian quote:
                                                    "Mitt Romney also said that the US air force was older than it had ever been since it was founded in 1947. Well, duh. That was true in 1948 too. And every year since"

Comment

Thought Romney was doing well till he got bitched slapped on the number of ships and he seems to have completely lost his way since.

Opr

Comment

Obama kicking ass here.

that being said, for the life of me I cannot understand why they think Iran is a threat

Comment

Best question so far (about planes en route to bomb Iran) and they both evade the question

Comment

Obama kicking ass here.

that being said, for the life of me I cannot understand why they think Iran is a threat
                                                            Hmmm, because of Irans stated position of hoping to wipe Israel off the map?

Comment

Hmmm, because of Irans stated position of hoping to wipe Israel off the map?
                                                              that is an annoying stance that both sides have....

Comment

Best question so far (about planes en route to bomb Iran) and they both evade the question
                                                                That is a stupid question, why would the president

reveal his hand to the enemy.

Comment

That is a stupid question, why would the president

reveal his hand to the enemy.
                                                                  This is almost like a haiku

In any case I have no idea what you mean. Do you think its a likely scenario?

Comment

That is a stupid question, why would the president reveal his hand to the enemy.
                                                                    It's interesting question because it asks them to think on the spot as it's slightly outside the box and is specific so it's hard to shape the question to fit a load of prepared rhetoric which is what ends up happening with most things asked.

From the Guardian

That last answer, Mitt Romney said "I love teachers" so many times that I suspect he really, really hates teachers.
                                                                    Decision on points to Obama in that one but certainly no knock out blow.

Opr

Comment

In any case I have no idea what you mean. Do you think its a likely scenario?
                                                                      This was not a diplomatic question.

Obama is the president of the United States, he would be privy to a number of contingency plans, for him to answer this question, he would jeopardize national security.

Romney on the other hand could have advised he was setting sail at once with a thousand ships, cannons to the fore and sails set at full mast

Comment

you people are fucking crazy
                                                                        this season of Dexter has been fantastic.
                                                                        The writers have the shackles of syndication cast off and we are moving to a final endgame.

It's so much better than prior years
                                                                        You think?? I kinda feel like it's been going noplace, not a particular fan of the whole mobster thing, it just makes it like any other cop show and Deborah has been absolutely unbearable so far! Last episode was definitely better than the opening few, I just think consider the density of the plot at this stage they could have done so much more. Season 4 and 6 defo best so far though, and I was always kinda sad they killed off Doakes...

Comment

Maybe it's the high expectations from the previous campaign, but very disappointed with Obama so far. He seems almost lackluster, very tired...Still that he managed to look better than Romney performing under par says a lot

Comment

Yay Treme+Boardwalk time. Also impressed with the first two walking dead's.

I see not much reaction towards the new Boardwalk, nobody else liking it? Best by far atm imo.
                                                                            Last edited by RasTa; 23-10-12, 04:44.
                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                              Yay Treme+Boardwalk time. Also impressed with the first two walking dead's.

I see not much reaction towards the new Boardwalk, nobody else liking it? Best by far atm imo.
                                                                              It's quality. Needs a lot more love.

Keeps getting better.

Comment

Bond.

'Do you expect me to talk, Scaramanga?'

'No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!'

** willy laser continues toward destination **

Epic.
                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

[the motorcycle henchmen flies off a cliff in a cloud of feathers]
                                                                                  James Bond: All those feathers and he still can't fly!
                                                                                  That is pretty ironic tbf.
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

@TylerD and DP:

Watch the first official Iron Man 3 trailer. Marvel's Iron Man 3 - coming to UK cinemas April 24th 2013, starring Robert Downey Jr.In Marvel's "Iron Man 3", ...

Comment

I see Lance has been deserted by everyone now

good
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                        predictable no need to think
                                                                                        Why do people keep putting this as a positive reason to go watch something?

Comment

I have never watched any of the Ironman movies. I did however watch the Avengers movie and thought it was great! I really liked ironman in it
                                                                                          I had it on my USB since my course and Tony and I decided to watch it one night as there was not much else on the telly.

Might venture outside my comfort zone and watch the first two.

Comment

With Barnardos on the Yes side and right wing catholic bigots on the No side my mind is well and truly made up.

Listening to Justice Mary Finlay Geoghegan this morning cemented my position, particularly the issue where the amendment removes the silly catholic situation where only abused children of married parents can be removed from their care.

This referendum is another small step away from the dark days of catholic Ireland, you only have to look at the public face of the No side to realise that.

Vote yes, and get everyone you know to vote yes.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Obama seems to have landed a few punches here alright

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/vide...ghlights-video

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                I have never watched any of the Ironman movies. I did however watch the Avengers movie and thought it was great! I really liked ironman in it
                                                                                                I had it on my USB since my course and Tony and I decided to watch it one night as there was not much else on the telly.

Might venture outside my comfort zone and watch the first two.
                                                                                                You will not be disappointed
                                                                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

not that foreign policy matters a fuck in the context of US elections (unless there's a war on)

Comment

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Romney is just odd and appears completely lacking in any convictions

god knows what he would actually do as President

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Bond films are in a continuous cycle of 'need to be made more serious and realistic like what Ian Fleming intended' followed a few films later by 'need to lighten up a bit to go back to the core British humour and ott escapism we associate with Bond'.

Comment

Favourite Bond movie? Goldeneye for me.

Comment

Casino Royale fo' sho', not least for the epic cooler poker hands.

Comment

what we dont hear about................

People who get their information exclusively from mainstream media sources may be surprised at the lack of enthusiasm on the left for President Barack Obama in this crucial election. But that’s probably because they weren’t exposed to the full online furor sparked by...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Romney is just odd and appears completely lacking in any convictions

god knows what he would actually do as President
                                                                                                                    It could be apocalyptic.

He would probably do as the Mormons have always done and asset strip what little remains for himself and his church and secure it overseas. He'd allow Rove and his band of zealots start whatever war they feel like especially if it is in the ME and has biblical connotations.

Most significantly the herd of elephants in the corner of the room that is their national debt would become so unmanageable that when Hillary gets in in '16 she would have to default. The terminal decline that the US is already in will accelerate to the point of complete societal breakdown within 20 years.
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      Casino Royale fo' sho', not least for the epic cooler poker hands.
                                                                                                                      Yep, great movie and really stunning Bond girl to boot! Really looking forward to Skyfall.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                        Yep, great movie and really stunning Bond girl to boot! Really looking forward to Skyfall.
                                                                                                                        You couldnt pay me enough to watch that movie again!!!!! Utter tripe.

The only redeeming feature of the latest Bond films is the opeing scene of one them where he is chasing some lad and they are both jumping around like mad men.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                          Nice!

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                          heh - snapchat looks like an interesting app:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/10/22/snapchat-cinemagram/
                                                                                                                          Down with instagram!

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                          mentioned it before, but digg.com really has reinvented itself as the go-to website for interesting reads. incredibly effective makeover of what was essentially a dead website.
                                                                                                                          Has been added to my bookmarks since you last mentioned it, very cool.
                                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X