This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    Stoke doesn't exactly have public transport...

I think I paid something like £1.08 per mile last year!

It's definitely a luxury, and push came to shove I could do without, but I don't particularly want to.
    Well we're all entitled to the odd luxury but it's just something that would have been low on my list of luxuries at your age. An extra holiday would have been more my kind of thing. But then again i'm not familiar with Stoke and it's charms.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
      the second hand car market that is!!

can't be 'avin that
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Well we're all entitled to the odd luxury but it's just something that would have been low on my list of luxuries at your age. An extra holiday would have been more my kind of thing. But then again i'm not familiar with Stoke and it's charms.
        Also, can't imagine I could convince a taxi man to be on call for Weds and Fri 6:30am gym sessions!

leave mine at 6:15am, pickup again from gym at 7:10am, back to mine then off to work for 8am.

2/3 days a week of that and I'd be racking back up towards paying for insurance and tax again.

Comment

Is Clare Danes as shrill in this series of Homeland as she was in the last ?
          Assuming she is there is no way I could watch another series of her shrieking hysterically to cover over the massive gaping plot holes for 15 minutes of every episode.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Do you really need a car where you are based in the UK?

Man I'm Ionapaul in disguise aren't I?????
            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            this depression was made for ionapaul, I reckon he's having the time of his life!
            Hey, I just bought a (second-hand, keenly priced) car!

No surprise that since the day I pulled the trigger, the stock market has weakened greatly and I'm down more than I spent; probably would've kept going with public transport for a while more if I had known. It is funny how numbers on a screen or general sentiment can so easily affect a person's happiness to spend money, when you feel rich you more easily open the purse strings, in the depth of a recession, even if your financial position hasn't really changed, you cling ever tighter to your savings.

Heading to Baan Thai in Ballsbridge tonight to take advantage of the MenuPages voucher linked to here a few weeks back, really looking forward to it. I am still planning to organise an IPB Christmas dinner at some stage, will have to set the wheels in motion by November.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Comment

Walking distance to work ftw

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      Not having to move to work ftw
                      FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                        Spoiler the homeland talk ffs!
                        mea culpa
                        fixed now
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                          LOL
                          He's doing HIGNFY I think its recorded on Thursday - 6/4 he punches Hislop 1/3 he walks off or doesn't turn up

Comment

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                Emmet has converted a room in his house to have a pub, pool table, and darts. He's probably on the lookout for a hottub and glitter ball to add as we speak. The man's living the dream! (albeit the Stoke dream, which people hope to never have to dream about, but definitely a million miles improved on my poverty 20s)
                                were you not out taking drugs off romanian hookers baps back in your 20's?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                  were you not out taking drugs off romanian hookers baps back in your 20's?
                                  HH is 40.

That was his 30's

Comment

Researchers in the US have been shocked to discover a beluga whale whose vocalisations were remarkably close to human speech.

Comment

Comment

Sounds like an attempt at the Glenroe theme tune.

If that is what he was going for it is seriously impressive for a whale.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                          Best place for pints in Dublin town of a Sunday?
                                          Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                          Sounds like an attempt at the Glenroe theme tune.

If that is what he was going for it is seriously impressive for a whale.
                                          Hello
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                            Hello
                                            Hi Hi Hi.

I am slightly worried for the sligo midget also.

Comment

I can confirm that Sligboi is okay.

Comment

Who?

Comment

sligoboi

Comment

There's no 'o'.

Comment

I'll bet Satnav kidnapped him and is doing the reverse of this scene

Matchup of SIlence of the Lambs footage of Buffalo Bill Mangina Dance with 'Goodbye Horses' the song by Q Lazarus used in Silence of the Lambs. Check out my ...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        There's no 'o'.

Comment

Champions League just snuck up on me. Didn't realise it was even on tonight. Barcelona toying with Celtic the game to watch for the neutrals?

Comment

SPOILER
                                                            No word from Sligboi? I hope he survived Coppers.
                                                            I did.

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                            Is he the dwarf (according to satnav)?
                                                            Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            Lol harsh on him
                                                            It's really not.

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            He was involved in this I reckon

SPOILER
                                                            She loved it! Perfect height for it in fairness.

Concern rising.
                                                            Hi Hi Hi.

I am slightly worried for the sligo midget also.
                                                            Hello. We prefer little people.

Alive. Not ok.

Who?
                                                            Oh you!

sligoboi

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            There's no 'o'.
                                                            Don't bother, been telling them for years. I'm not even from Sligo

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                            I'll bet Satnav kidnapped him and is doing the reverse of this scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTs_TZFjbJ8
                                                            I didn't put the lotion in the basket

SPOILER
                                                            Oh and FU Sat Nav
                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                              Champions League just snuck up on me. Didn't realise it was even on tonight. Barcelona toying with Celtic the game to watch for the neutrals?
                                                              Nah Shaktar v Chelsea is easily the game of the night imo in terms of quality! Shaktar have a pretty ridic record so far this season.

Although Dortmund Madrid could be all sorts of epic tomorrow night.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Chelsea are now the exciting team of England.

It is weird, people are going to start liking us and saying nice things.

Comment

Chelsea are now the exciting team of England.

It is weird, people are going to start liking us and saying nice things.
                                                                  Exciting definitely, helps having a dodgy defence!

High scoring draw tonight.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Caught up with the third debate now

Comment

Would someone find me a manual handling course or material I can print off. Really stuck here and have to give a talk in 10mins. Long story.
                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                        Would someone find me a manual handling course or material I can print off. Really stuck here and have to give a talk in 10mins. Long story.
                                                                        Always bend with your back, not your knees.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                          Exciting definitely, helps having a dodgy defence!

High scoring draw tonight.
                                                                          Yeah, it should be as solid a backline as we need but it just won't work!

Can't have it both ways.

Comment

Comment

Better one

Last edited by poprock; 23-10-12, 17:35.

Comment

Cant wait for the barca celtic match. Such a glamour fixture for us. Pity the home leg isnt first given the momentum we have atm but such is such. I have zero expectation re the result i just hope we give a good account of ourselves on the biggest of stages.

Comment

Ta lads,perfect.
                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Barca galatasaray Valencia Chelsea and bayern is the accumulator first one of season came in saturday, riding the heater
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                        Cant wait for the barca celtic match. Such a glamour fixture for us. Pity the home leg isnt first given the momentum we have atm but such is such. I have zero expectation re the result i just hope we give a good account of ourselves on the biggest of stages.
                                                                                        Come on.....

Comment

Any word on Ole??

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                            Come on.....
                                                                                            Ya I would fully expect a drubbing of the catalans at home lol. I mean we would have maybe 10-15% chance of a result at home as opposed to 0-5% chance away

Comment

Ya I would fully expect a drubbing of the catalans at home lol. I mean we would have maybe 10-15% chance of a result at home as opposed to 0-5% chance away
                                                                                              Which, if it happend, would give us a huge chance at second.

Comment

[QUOTE=Percy007;624008]Any word on Ole??[/QUOTE

Id presume hes still in intensive care after such a big op hoping he posts in a few days though.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  Barca galatasaray Valencia Chelsea and bayern is the accumulator first one of season came in saturday, riding the heater
                                                                                                  Lol what price are barca?

Comment

[QUOTE=SICKPUPPY;624011]
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                    Any word on Ole??[/QUOTE

Id presume hes still in intensive care after such a big op hoping he posts in a few days though.
                                                                                                    Oh aye was just wondering if anyone heard if he was through it ok.

Comment

Obama down to 57% now on intrade.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-10-12, 18:42.

Comment

Groupon deal for Radisson Blu Farnham Estate: http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-s...0_0_297&a=1768

Think GAB and others have said it is a great spot, never been myself. Don't play golf either so wouldn't get full value from the deal, but it definitely is cheaper than room rates available on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                          Just got the heads up that my photo is ready for collection, going to roll out now to collect it really looking forward to seeing how it turned out.
                                                                                                          Absolutely chuffed at how it turned out was a little nervous before I seen it but happy days, the pic doesn't do it justice as it actually looks like it's floating, got some special glass that makes it look like it isn't even there!

Some problems hanging the photo so will be mid week before I finally get it up and hanging so will retake a pic of it when it's properly hung but for now I'm just delighted to have it

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Bought a ready meal in Aldi, Thai Red Curry.
                                                                                                            All going well, quite tasty, till I tasted pineapple. What kind of sick cunts...

Comment

Looks class Danny wp

Comment

Lol what price are barca?
                                                                                                                Barca -2 sorry 5/6
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

cheap tablet recommendation please bbv

required spec = indestructability as it'll be mainly for wife and kids to surf and play games

Comment

Zod right now

Comment

Girlfriend's brother rang me he is only 16 and he gave her a 10r he wanted to put on United at 2/5 to win 4 euro he needed for phone credit. I couldnt be bothered actually putting the bet on and said in my head il just give him the 4 euro if they win.

I decided to ring him now that there 1 down and said he has the option to lay off the bet and just lose 1 euro now. He turned it down and i shall now 100% keep the money. Ha 2-0 as i speak easy money.
                                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Braga have skillz too

Comment

World gone nuts. Utd 0-2 at home to Braga, Barca 0-1 at hoem to Celtic

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X