• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
    ManYoo to attempt to hijack?!?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
      Welcome back Dom, nice holiday ?

Bet you are glad you didnt return to IPB in flames...

Did you see icky has got us a mention on a cruise TV channel ?

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...stcount=123057
      I was lurking from time to time on wifi and had seen ickys post and meant to actually go back and look at the vids, so cheers for the link.

Good time alright. Not much in the way of sightseeing per se, more eating, drinking, sleeping with various driving and other bits interspersed. Sounds riveting, doesn't it?

Comment

Really enjoying this hiphop remix od Radioheads Creep.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          I was lurking from time to time on wifi and had seen ickys post and meant to actually go back and look at the vids, so cheers for the link.

Good time alright. Not much in the way of sightseeing per se, more eating, drinking, sleeping with various driving and other bits interspersed. Sounds riveting, doesn't it?
          Myself not being a culture vulture, that sounds like a great break !
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
            boo hoo for him lol at him bitching about bad luck with the amount of $$$ he's made in live tourneys
            yeah my sentiments exactly. plus he did run like Zeus there for about 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
              yeah my sentiments exactly. plus he did run like Zeus there for about 5 years
              See NFL fantasy thread eagle eye trying to get sorted
              airport, lol

Comment

Spanish drivers are even worse than Irish drivers if my experience over the last 10 days is anything to go by. Mental cases the lot of them. Anyhow, back home now, so back to complaining about Irish drivers I guess.
                This x100. We got a taxi to the airport a few weeks ago when we were coming home and I had to close my eyes a few times. It doesn't help that they're on the wrong side of the road.

Comment

There is defo more to the Target story.

On Newstalk this morning, the owner, Seamus said that they had got the outstanding tax bill down to ~300K and that Sept to Dec was when they make all their profit for the year (2nd part is pretty much true not sure about the first)

He said that he agreed to pay Revenue €215K on Wednesday of last week and that the balance of approx 80K would be paid by end of Sept but Revenue said no, they wanted it all by Friday and then put a hold on their A/c on Thursday

Target have one massive A/c who I'm pretty sure would have paid the 80K on their behalf rather than risk have any disruption to the distribution of their stock coming up to their busiest time of the year

Something doesn't add up!

Comment

Subscribe and 🔔 to the BBC 👉 https://bit.ly/BBCYouTubeSubWatch the BBC first on iPlayer 👉 https://bbc.in/iPlayer-Home Find out more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/...

Comment

A 44-year-old Montana man was struck and killed by two cars on Sunday night while attempting to stage a Bigfoot sighting. Randy Lee Tenley of Kalispell, Montana, was wandering in the right lane of highway U.S. 93 South, dressed in a military-style Ghille suit, when he was hit by two seprate vehicles driven by 15- and 17-year-old girls. “He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting,” said Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Schneider after speaking with Tenley’s friends. “You can’t make it up. I haven’t seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him.” Alcohol may have been involved in the accident, according to authorities.
                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                        Decent night so far for Irish lads in the league cup. Goals for McClean (2), Long, Holohan and Cox.
                        Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                        McClean 2 hat trick, 2 for Long and one for Walters as well
                        And Kilbane with one for Coventry!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          ManYoo to attempt to hijack?!?
                          Wrapped up according to ITK.

He is an excellent signing. Tore Man Utd apart at the weekend.

Lloris should be arriving too, although I like Friedel a lot (even at 41). Good chance that Willian is coming from Donetsk. Afellay looks like he could be coming on loan to a Premier league club.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Lloris should be arriving too, although I like Friedel a lot (even at 41). Good chance that Willian is coming from Donetsk. Afellay looks like he could be coming on loan to a Premier league club.
                            Dembele going makes me sick. He's pure class and if we hadn't played Man United before the close of the transfer window we might have held onto him until Xmas
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Exit Humanity...pile of shite, but, 46mins in and as Magnus would say...
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Reckon he thought a good season or two and this Madrid partnership you just sealed could see him make his dream move?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                  If ye are playing live poker tonight the Fitz is really the option with the huge prizepool
                                  Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  heard they are pushing 150 most tuesdays?! how much is it? never played the fitz gonna try go to this some week soon
                                  Is there a thread about this game here? Structure etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                    LOL out loud.

Speechless now. I have effeminate typing it seems.
                                    Eh, you're a man? would never have played SC2 with you if I'd known that.

Nvm all that shit, did you have much sex?
                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                      Is there a thread about this game here? Structure etc.
                                      doesnt seem to be a thread but as far as i know its 20 min levels and they dont skip any levels

* Tuesday 8:30pm: €50 + €5, No Limit Holdem Double Chance.
                                      Starting chips: 4000
                                      Bonus chips: 500
                                      Double chance chips: 4000
                                      Note: double chance tournament, players receive half of their chips to start, and can take the other half any time after the first hand until the end of the third level. There is no additional charge for the double chance chips.
                                      Last edited by eamonhonda; 29-08-12, 00:14.
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Yo DP, what's the story with VF broadband these days? I upgraded to 24mb from 7mb (line was upgraded apparently as couldn't get faster til recently) and it seems to be slower than ever. Here is a speedtest from just now, and before I would always get around 7mb at 1am or so.

Router keeps needing to be turned off every 24 hours or so as the connection keeps dropping. Router problem perhaps? It's one of those white VF ones (can't be arsed with model number as it's in a different room now) but it's damn irritating. Distance from exchange presumably an issue as well I guess, although how that would make things slower essentially after an upgrade means it's hardly relevant. General browsing is fine obv, but downloading stuff is a pain now, even moreso than before. Occasionally it'll spike a decent speed but rarely for long.

Edit: Just logged into the router there, clicked the service status link, and got told:

Your speed is 19.5 Mb/s.
                                        Connected to the Internet via ADSL

The above is patently not true. If I was getting 19.5 even at off peak times that would be ok. It is an EchoLife HG556a router. I decided to check the wired speed rather than the wireless speed, but can't find the ethernet cable that I'm sure is around here.

Yes I realise some of you get worse, but I don't care, and no, I can't get NTL broadband.
                                        Last edited by 6starpool; 29-08-12, 00:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                          Nvm all that shit, did you have much sex?
                                          Somewhere between once and a million times.

Comment

Would somone explain how such thing as a Smirnoff Mojito exists? doesn't it have to be rum based?

Comment

Somewhere between once and a million times.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Would somone explain how such thing as a Smirnoff Mojito exists? doesn't it have to be rum based?
                                                They just decided theyd make a vodka based one and promoted it into all the pubs and basically stole the market. Wp them.
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Yo DP, what's the story with VF broadband these days? I upgraded to 24mb from 7mb (line was upgraded apparently as couldn't get faster til recently) and it seems to be slower than ever. Here is a speedtest from just now, and before I would always get around 7mb at 1am or so.

Router keeps needing to be turned off every 24 hours or so as the connection keeps dropping. Router problem perhaps? It's one of those white VF ones (can't be arsed with model number as it's in a different room now) but it's damn irritating. Distance from exchange presumably an issue as well I guess, although how that would make things slower essentially after an upgrade means it's hardly relevant. General browsing is fine obv, but downloading stuff is a pain now, even moreso than before. Occasionally it'll spike a decent speed but rarely for long.

Yes I realise some of you get worse, but I don't care, and no, I can't get NTL broadband.
                                                  When I first moved to Dublin I got BT internet in, which have since been taken over by VF. I had the same problem with needing to reset the router every day. It always managed to happen when Rob was in the middle of a hand as well, serious pain in the arse. We phoned them a few times & they never gave us a valid reason for it going down.

We ended up changing provider in the end, it just became too annoying to live with. Sorry I had no happy ending to give you hope.
                                                  . .

Comment

Mojito is rum based.

Smirnoff Mojito is Smirnoff based.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                      They just decided theyd make a vodka based one and promoted it into all the pubs and basically stole the market. Wp them.
                                                      I wish I was sober enough to realise why this is wrong. Is there anyone online sober enough to realise why this is wrong? Fuckers.

Comment

Mojito is rum based.

Smirnoff Mojito is Smirnoff based.
                                                        That's my point, it's not a Mojito if it's made with vodka.

Comment

It isn't called a Mojito. It is called Smirnoff Mojito.

Comment

It isn't called a Mojito. It is called Smirnoff Mojito.
                                                            The world needs cocktail police because clearly this is an offence.

Comment

They don't give a fuck. People stupid enough to buy them.
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

The world needs cocktail police because clearly this is an offence.
                                                                Always read the label.

Comment

I think you're over estimating the knowledge of your average booze hound. I'd imagine, in this country anyway, that at least 90% of Mojito drinkers just buy the cocktail because of the taste and don't have a notion of the ingredients. So, like Honda said, WP the marketing mastermind there.

Comment

Edit: Just logged into the router there, clicked the service status link, and got told:

Your speed is 19.5 Mb/s.
                                                                    Connected to the Internet via ADSL

The above is patently not true. If I was getting 19.5 even at off peak times that would be ok. It is an EchoLife HG556a router. I decided to check the wired speed rather than the wireless speed, but can't find the ethernet cable that I'm sure is around here.

I'll check your account tomorrow.
                                                                    Did you send me your number before?
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

What ever happened that documentary on Irish poker that someone here was doing? Was it A_CE? Ever get round to finishing it or?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                        What ever happened that documentary on Irish poker that someone here was doing? Was it A_CE? Ever get round to finishing it or?
                                                                        I think he was too busy to finish it after having the baby and all.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                          I think he was too busy to finish it after having the baby and all.
                                                                          Went pro too, grinds online. Moved to Germany to play under the guidance of his coach.

Comment

Went pro too, grinds online. Moved to Germany to play under the guidance of his coach.
                                                                            I put BubbleKing into this:

Find out what your German name would be if you were an German with our German Name Generator.

and got:
                                                                            Eberhard von Eisenhauer

Mine was Penrod von Winkel
                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Dolf von Goldschmidt

Anyone with an elementary knowledge of German history should realise this is an unlikely moniker
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ulrich von Beckenbauer
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  Dolf von Goldschmidt

Anyone with an elementary knowledge of German history should realise this is an unlikely moniker
                                                                                  Just a tad yiddish !
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ulbrecht von Schwartz
                                                                                      48

Comment

Also, the preponderence of 'von's allows one to presuppose that we are dealing with a very snobbish 19th century Prussian statelet
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                          I put BubbleKing into this:

Find out what your German name would be if you were an German with our German Name Generator.

and got:
                                                                                          Eberhard von Eisenhauer

Mine was Penrod von Winkel
                                                                                          i got Adelfried von Theissen and stuck in amberleaf and got Frederick von Vogler,now that one i like.
                                                                                          Last edited by amberleaf; 29-08-12, 09:25.
                                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Adolph von Winkel - not happy with that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              I'll check your account tomorrow.
                                                                                              Did you send me your number before?
                                                                                              Cant find your number Dom, mind passing it on?
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Elga Von Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by ferg View Post
                                                                                                  Elga Von Strauss
                                                                                                  [ ] clicked on the male radio button
                                                                                                  48

Comment

Guthrie von Weissmuller - lol out loud

Comment

Went for the Gangster Rap One -

Find out what your Gangsta Rapper Name would be with our Gangsta Rapper Name Generator.

Sn00P FroG
                                                                                                      Last edited by Dice75; 29-08-12, 10:35.

Comment

Adolph von Winkel - not happy with that
                                                                                                        Could have been Adolph smal Winkel.

Or Adolph non Finkel.

Look on the bright side.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                          Could have been Adolph smal Winkel.

Or Adolph non Finkel.

Look on the bright side.
                                                                                                          Or just 'Finkle'. That would be a beat

Comment

Just boarded the plane to Nice with Keano, IPB beers/G&T's here we come.
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                              Or just 'Finkle'. That would be a beat
                                                                                                              It's Finkel! And you do realise what you have done now don't you

Comment

Flight was delayed an hour, we just found out why. This plane came from Schipol where there's some renovation work going on on one of the runways. They found an unexploded WWII bomb during excavations, so all flights were delayed in and out.

Pretty interesting reason for a flight delay imo
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                  Went for the Gangster Rap One -

Find out what your Gangsta Rapper Name would be with our Gangsta Rapper Name Generator.

Sn00P FroG
                                                                                                                  Ugh there is only 1 site for rapper name generator http://test.recordstore.com/wuname/wuname.pl/wuname.pl

Comment

SP or any banking folks.

Why would there be a 1c laser transaction for a point of sale ?

Basically, the mother just told me she was going through her bank statement and she had the above transaction, she never uses her card for ATM or POS, just to pay bills etc over the phone.

She was onto the bank and they are looking into it.

The trasaction was where she works, she does a few hours a week in a local shop but has never used her laser card there.

I was thinking someone tried to use her card and was declined and the 1c is a nominal amount to register the transaction ?
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Ugh there is only 1 site for rapper name generator http://test.recordstore.com/wuname/wuname.pl/wuname.pl
                                                                                                                      Auxillary Priest

Comment

amber leaf!

your Wu-Name is

Spunky Misunderstood Genius

Use it wisely, soldier.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        has to be worth a few of these
                                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Auxillary Priest
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by amberleaf View Post

Spunky Misunderstood Genius
                                                                                                                          Pretty sure I posted mine before - New Fast Automatic F-REEK

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X