This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
    Read a story recently, think it was in Private Eye, about him openly taunting people at some kind of Press Asociation dinner about personal details of their lives he had gleaned from his papers Phone tapping efforts. An absolute shit of a human
    I remember the story of a night he said something to Clarkson about his wife, Jeremy promptly floored the cunt.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
      I remember the story of a night he said something to Clarkson about his wife, Jeremy promptly floored the cunt.
      Clarkson just lept up in my estimation so

Comment

Down in Galway for the night, have a goo on after a few & wife wants to go to bed coz she's tired from her party that I had to collect her from at 3am last night.

Any decent cash games round here?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
          Down in Galway for the night, have a goo on after a few & wife wants to go to bed coz she's tired from her party that I had to collect her from at 3am last night.

Any decent cash games round here?
          last day of race week festival in eglington would assume theres some decent cash on there.
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Is it not for teenagers too? I remember Le Bron being made fun of for reading it
            I like a lot of children's books, The Hobbit, Catcher in the Rye, Stephen King - just because a book is aimed at children doesn't mean it can't be well written. This book is terrible, the writing is clunky, and the plot which starts off promisingly quickly becomes increasingly ridiculous. The writer falls into loads of basic writing errors

The writer has a few good ideas and then completely loses the run of herself. The end is so bad it's almost funny. I've spoilered it in case anyone wants to waste 45 mins reading it.

SPOILER
            The last scene sees the three children have to fight the reanimated spirit of all the dead children in robot dog form. This (and other stuff like it) completely ruins any sense of dramatic tension as the only excitement comes in wondering what further nonsense the writer is going to come up with next. I think there were exploding flying bees at one stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              @Lloyd, GB vs Oz mens hockey now on BBC3.

Aus 2-0 up early doors
              Was a great match! It's just amazing to watch these guys play. I'm not sure I was playing the same sport tbh.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I have to give up having drinkin sessions like the ones i had when i was 18. I havent eaten since 1pm yesterday and have no real urge to eat. The depression im in is horrific aswell.
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Boxing diary for the coming week:

Sunday: JJ Nevin fights for a medal @8:45pm WINS 19-13
                  Monday: Katie Taylor fights for a medal @2:30pm
                  Tuesday: Michael Conlon fights for a medal @9pm
                  (Wednesday: Possible Katie Taylor semi-final @2pm)
                  Wednesday: Paddy Barnes fights for a medal @8:45pm
                  (Thursday: Possible Katie Taylor final @4:45pm)
                  Friday: JJ Nevin semi-final bout @2pm

If either Barnes or Conlon make their semis they will also fight on Friday - Barnes would be at lunchtime, Conlon in the evening.

If we get any men to the final, they would fight Saturday night (Barnes or Nevin) or Sunday lunchtime (Conlon)

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                    That's a false equivalency. Just because someone can't name a previous winner of a different event doesn't mean that it follows that the 100m is the absolute nut event because you can name some past winners.

I can't name more than 4 or 5 of the previous winners of the 100M but can tell you pretty much every single winner of the All Ireland Football Championship since 1975. Others can do the same for major horse races. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are more or less important than the others in absolute terms.

100m is a pretty special event in the Olympics but the Chinese probably view the Table Tennis as more important. The Irish see the boxing as more important. The British arguably the track cycling. The 100m is objectively one of the very best events in the Olympics but to assign it a disproportionate weight based upon the fact that the Americans, who have won more than half of all Olympic 100m men's golds, treat it as a blue riband event doesn't stand up to scrutiny.
                    LOL

It's the big show because it crowns THE FASTEST MAN ON EARTH. It has nothing to do with US success in the event or anything else. We are human, and this is one of the simplest forms of human physical achievement.

Some people are contrary for the fucking sake of it.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                      Ballina is fucking horrendous. Avoid like plague, although Mount Falcon is a lovely place for a break with the missus, but you wouldn't actually want to plan to leave the grounds of the hotel.

Westport is ok but wildly over-rated, plus it's a massive stag/hen destination so might be dodgy at weekends with families but should be fine midweek.

Castlebar lol.

Yeah. This.

Source has changed it's menu now, and catered for the poor people. It's extremely average now. They fired the decent chefs. Waterfront very average.

Montmarte is nice yeah, but would recommend Silver Apple (French/Irish bistro, good simple food done well and very reasonable prices), and Eala Bhan (Irish with concentration on steak/seafood. Excellent food, again simply done but good quality, also has a sister restuarant in Strandhill called Tra Ban that is great too.)

There's a new Tapas place right in centre of town called Casa Mia that is very good, cool interior and nice atmosphere. The Bistro Bianconi is very family friendly, food is average Italian, but again it's not too expensive. Wouldn't be my choice but might be best after The Silver Apple for young family.

Hotel wise for family I'd look to stay in Radisson or Clarion. Clarion has crazy golf, leisure centre and is very central. Radisson is on Rosses Point road and also has nice spa as well as handy for heading to Rosses Point (beach, walking, golf, etc) If midweek The Glasshouse is handy too as very central, but again is hen/stag magnet at weekend.

There's actually alot to do in Sligo but very weather dependent I suppose. Sligo Golf Academy and Activity Farm is a great place for a family, they have little putting greens. driving range, as well as archery, and other outdoor mazes and games. Again you can't really go wrong with Strandhill, nice pubs like The Strand, and can eat in Tra Ban after which is upstairs. The Model gallery is well worth a visit, always stuff on up there from exhibitions to cinema, and is a really cool, modern building with a nice little modern cafe. Can check out a football match at The Showgrounds or rugby out in the rugby club either.

Would definitely recommend Sligo ahead of anywhere else in the north-west. Plus the people are far more normal/civilised than all the lunatics from Mayo etc.
                      Good post, just have to add that if you go to Strandhill check out Shells Cafe on the waterfront, excellent cafe -priced grub, shits on most resteraunts in town. Then when youre in bits the next day, take a seaweed bath next door, ultimate hangover cure.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                        LOL

It's the big show because it crowns THE FASTEST MAN ON EARTH. It has nothing to do with US success in the event or anything else. We are human, and this is one of the simplest forms of human physical achievement.

This, just didnt have the Big Heart to get in an arguement with Kayroo

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                          LOL

waits for bubbleking to come on and say that some guy jumping out of the twin towers reached a faster speed

Comment

This, just didnt have the Big Heart to get in an arguement with Kayroo
                            Lloyd didn't actually make an argument or refute anything Kayroo said, he just made his point but with capitals letters.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                              Lloyd didn't actually make an argument or refute anything Kayroo said, he just made his point but with capitals letters.
                              Capital letters are good enough for simple country folk like me

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                I have to give up having drinkin sessions like the ones i had when i was 18. I havent eaten since 1pm yesterday and have no real urge to eat. The depression im in is horrific aswell.
                                Considering posts like this and others you have made lately, ones from euro 2012 come to mind, make me think you should seriously think about giving up drink altogether if it has that effect on you.

Comment

Really hating poker right now.... I run so unbelievably fucking bad!

Already have my ticket to the Deepstack on Saturday, have decided this is the last game: if I don't cash - that's it: I'm giving up poker!!!

Meh!

Comment

Cool picture through the Olympic rings at Tower Bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      Considering posts like this and others you have made lately, ones from euro 2012 come to mind, make me think you should seriously think about giving up drink altogether if it has that effect on you.
                                      Id say control it anyway. Dropping the Vodka and red bull has to be on the cards.
                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Jesus, "womens" Weightlifting at the Heavier bodyweights is Gruesome stuff

Comment

Id say control it anyway. Dropping the Vodka and red bull has to be on the cards.
                                          Depression is not a normal part of drinking.

Comment

[Fucking sick brag post alert]

I posted a comment yesterday on a photo that a friend had thrown up on facebook
                                            Today some friend of theirs added me.

Only realised now, IT'S ONLY MissElayneous!

A great moment in Finglas with Temper-Mental MissElayneous. Dublin rap in the rare ol' times. Part of a forthcoming documentary.

/I'VE ARRIVED
                                            I'm delighted tbh.

[/Fucking sick brag post alert]
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

LOL?! Cmon youve never had the fear? Its a normal part until you decide its not. Which involves doing what Hitch advocates above. Dont listen to AA, its not all black and white, you can cut back!
                                                Last edited by Guest; 06-08-12, 00:28.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                  [Fucking sick brag post alert]

I posted a comment yesterday on a photo that a friend had thrown up on facebook
                                                  Today some friend of theirs added me.

Only realised now, IT'S ONLY MissElayneous!

A great moment in Finglas with Temper-Mental MissElayneous. Dublin rap in the rare ol' times. Part of a forthcoming documentary.

/I'VE ARRIVED
                                                  I'm delighted tbh.

[/Fucking sick brag post alert]
                                                  Was waiting for the bus by myself the other day and for some reason remembered that video you put up before with the auld one and her unchanging expression. Couldn't stop laughing.

Comment

But sure drink is a depressant? It wouldnt be after 10 pints that i get bad id want a lot of spirits.
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I know what you are doing, but stop it please. Also, stop reporting posts just to comment on it.
                                                      Im sorry peace offering

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                        Was waiting for the bus by myself the other day and for some reason remembered that video you put up before with the auld one and her unchanging expression. Couldn't stop laughing.
                                                        lol yea. It's claaaas.
                                                        Her face should used in #dafuq? meme.

Might see MissElayneous on my bus route sometime, I should probably introduce myself formally now that we are facebook friends, though she seems to add people fairly liberally.

Comment

LOL?! Cmon youve never had the fear? Its a normal part until you decide its not.
                                                          Nope. I've been horrendously hungover, puked during, after and the next day loads over the years, but it's just been really bad hangovers down to stupid amounts of drinking. I've never had what I've seen described as the fear. It's all in the mind imo, and if anything has that bad an effect on someone, I would contend that they shouldn't do it.

Comment

But sure drink is a depressant? It wouldnt be after 10 pints that i get bad id want a lot of spirits.
                                                            pretty normal reaction to lots of spirits, particularly Gin and Whiskey. I find lots of sugary mixers incraeses the pain exponentially

Comment

Nope. I've been horrendously hungover, puked during, after and the next day loads over the years, but it's just been really bad hangovers down to stupid amounts of drinking. I've never had what I've seen described as the fear. It's all in the mind imo, and if anything has that bad an effect on someone, I would contend that they shouldn't do it.
                                                              This helps. Have never puked or passed out due to drinking, but have suffered many days of existential despair. Must start sticking fingers down throat more often

Comment

ive always found the fear is a result of drink plus other stuff thats going on. ie hangover plus spent all money, no job, big exam coming up, did something i should be ashamed of etc etc
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

My main problem with drinking is I'm an idiot. I'd be just as happy after 5/6 pints as 11/12 but unfortunately after 5/6 levels of judgement become blurred in more ways than one. When Im out with the girlfriend Id have a max of 6 drinks and thats because Id be aware of a certain responsibility not to make an arse of myself in front of her or even worse have her looking after me

When your out with the lads that social responsibility is lifted and you run into more problems of getting your round in and fulfilling the habit of having something in your hand5/6 turns into 11/12 very quickly. Its actually something Iv cut back on the last couple of years having in the past woken up and not known how I got home. The worst kind of fear

Comment

+1. Anyone whose mood changes greatly as a result of alcohol should not be drinking.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                    probably that you just need to move towards more moderate drinking if its having that effect on you. we all have to do it at some stage!
                                                                    Its called growing up and being mature...

Comment

lol you got to love $1 rebuys

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 600/1200 Blinds 120 Ante (9 handed) - Poker Hand Converter from PokerConverter.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Button (t4200)
                                                                      SB (t14980)
                                                                      Hero (BB) (t6160)
                                                                      UTG (t13900)
                                                                      UTG+1 (t7621)
                                                                      MP1 (t15720)
                                                                      MP2 (t18189)
                                                                      MP3 (t12360)
                                                                      CO (t60270)

Hero's M: 2.14

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
                                                                      2 folds, MP1 bets t2400, MP2 calls t2400, MP3 calls t2400, CO calls t2400, 1 fold, SB calls t1800, Hero raises to t6040 (All-In), MP1 calls t3640, MP2 calls t3640, MP3 calls t3640, CO calls t3640, SB calls t3640

Flop: (t37320) 4, 3, 3 (6 players, 1 all-in)
                                                                      SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO bets t12000, SB calls t8820 (All-In), MP1 calls t9560 (All-In), 2 folds

Turn: (t65260) Q (4 players, 3 all-in)

River: (t65260) 8 (4 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: t65260
                                                                      Main pot: t37320 between SB, Hero, MP1 and CO, won by Hero
                                                                      Side pot 1: t26460 between SB, MP1 and CO, won by MP1
                                                                      Side pot 2: t1480 between MP1 and CO, won by MP1

Results:
                                                                      SB had 2, 6 (one pair, threes).
                                                                      Hero had Q, Q (full house, Queens over threes).
                                                                      MP1 had 3, K (three of a kind, threes).
                                                                      CO had 9, 9 (two pair, nines and threes).
                                                                      Outcome: Hero won t37320, MP1 won t27940
                                                                      https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Don't see a good night wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post

Its called growing up and being mature...
                                                                          ah we'll get there someday, no hurry
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I see depressant getting fired around loads with regards to alcohol. Someone with a better understanding may clarify further or maybe I am completely wrong.

From my understanding the depressant link is used to describe its effect on your system not your mood. Alcohol is a drug which slows down or depresses the activity of the central nervous system and the messages going between the brain and the body. It isn't actually something which makes you depressed.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                              I see depressant getting fired around loads with regards to alcohol. Someone with a better understanding may clarify further or maybe I am completely wrong.

From my understanding the depressant link is used to describe its effect on your system not your mood. Alcohol is a drug which slows down or depresses the activity of the central nervous system and the messages going between the brain and the body. It isn't actually something which makes you depressed.

Opr
                                                                              Generally makes me the opposite of depressed, until the hangover kicks in that is.

Comment

Jesus just thinking there when Tipp posted Id say 90% of the problems Iv ever had in life have been directly related to drink and right now I cant think of one single positive Iv gotten from it. Still I cant see myself giving it up which is a very fucking grim realisation. Might see just how long I can do this "in moderation" thing for like Id be happy if I could go out and remember the whole night 100% clearly

Comment

LOL?! Cmon youve never had the fear? Its a normal part until you decide its not. Which involves doing what Hitch advocates above. Dont listen to AA, its not all black and white, you can cut back!
                                                                                  The only time you get the "fear" is when you got totally out of control because you were totally under the influence (i.e. after a 'blackout') and your mind is still remembering that 'feeling' and the actions you did at the time...

Comment

I normally get the fear after too much Mexican food.
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

As someone who has been drinking for over 20 years and has lived with an alcoholic or two who have died being younger than me, including a parent, it is very innocent of some people here to assume that drinking affects everyone the same. I could write a book on what i've seen. I understand everyones POV and wouldnt take anyones experience lightly.

Comment

Just won an Aussie millions package on 888.

New bankroll = €0.78 + $15,500 Aussie millions package.

Will I ever learn.
                                                                                        eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                                                                                          Just won an Aussie millions package on 888.

New bankroll = €0.78 + $15,500 Aussie millions package.

Will I ever learn.
                                                                                          Wp.

Sell % now obv.
                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

want

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              As someone who has been drinking for over 20 years and has lived with an alcoholic or two who have died being younger than me, including a parent, it is very innocent of some people here to assume that drinking affects everyone the same. I could write a book on what i've seen. I understand everyones POV and wouldnt take anyones experience lightly.
                                                                                              I'm not sure anyone said that. More a case that alcohol is not the root cause of depression rather it exaggerates underlying issues/demons that you may consciously or subconsciously bury your head in the sand about when sober.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Congratulations to Britains Andy Murray on his gold medal.
                                                                                                  And commiserations to Scotlands Andy Murray on his silver medal.

Comment

...

Comment

Wow this is actually the first time I've been in here drunk thank god for predictive text!!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Anyone been here? Looks great.

WHAT'S NEW Find out about new menu items, new location openings, and special events! Read More As Seen On For many of its raving fans, Bennigan’s is the ideal spot to unwind with a good friend or even relive past date nights with your significant

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 06-08-12, 02:45.

Comment

I honestly wouldnt have a depressive bone in my body outside of the day after drink.
                                                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

...

Comment

If you're going Irish-American, you got to go Tilted Kilt

They had some similar place or possibly the same place in The Rio in Vegas, pretty good.

Ate once at an 'Irish bar' in the New York New York hotel, ordered a shepards pie and it came in a bucket, a silver coloured metallic.

Really made me yearn for the old sod.

Comment

So much of our conceptions about alcohol are highly distorted because of advertising and the strange public discourse around it. This idea that huge swathes of people are able 'to handle their drink' is the worst commonly accepted idea - only the most anally self-controlled person is able to handle their drink. The rest of us run the constant tight rope of how much we've drank vs acceptable public conduct.
                                                                                                                    You'll be able to just turn off the drunk soon by popping a pill.

Ancient hangover cure could help problem drinkers stay sober, avoid hangovers and eventually kick the habit

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                        You'll be able to just turn off the drunk soon by popping a pill.

Ancient hangover cure could help problem drinkers stay sober, avoid hangovers and eventually kick the habit

Opr
                                                                                                                        Today is a good news day.

Comment

I have no idea if this has been posted as I haven't read bbv lately but I lolled hard at this there
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X