This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have made this Day 1 of the job search.

Step 1: prepare a cv for the first time ever. Hmmmm.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Make a list of important people you know.

Put this in C.V.

Send.
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Sounds like Olympic hero of the day contender. Details please
        Actually his team mate maybe a better candidate.
        2 Chinese guys, head and shoulders above all else. Their opening lift, at 170kg, in snatch is higher than any lift anyone else even tried. (155 was highest)

2nd lift H Lu goes for 175, a world record but fails. X Lu goes for it and nails it with ease. 1 bit when he squats seemingly for the sake of it. H Lu doesn't take 3rd lift and X is stopped by some bullshit ruling going for 3rd lift.

It soons becomes clear why H didn't take 3rd lift. His wrist is fucked but of course he needs to make a lift in the clean and jerk. He comes out at low weight and nails it like a boss. He can't lift anymore but was so far ahead after the snatch that it's still good enough for silver.
        Meanwhile X goes for overall record, fails at 2nd lift. 3rd and final lift he squats, his arse is practically touching the floor for a good 1-2 seconds and somehow makes the lift and gets the record.
        Utter dominance.
        Last edited by cooker3; 01-08-12, 20:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
          Make a list of important people you know.
          define 'important;

Comment

A twat I know got all his friends to write recommendations for him on linkedin; surely if anyone ever actually looks at that it's only going to be a negative?

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
              unsure as to whether that is brilliant or ridiculous

feeling benevolent so will go with brilliant

Comment

BBV help needed. We're trying to book a holiday at the moment for about a week. Im looking to go to a place (outside Ireland preferably) where there is lots of stuff to do. I hate going to places to sit in the sun for a week. It'll just be me and the girlfriend so nothing too crazy. A nearby water park, decent night life nice beaches, markets, and other fun activities all a plus. Anybody have any recommendations?

Really appreciate it

Comment

Anyone use google music? I have more than the 20k songs allowed so mainly wanted to upload playlists instead. But it's only uploaded part of some of them, and nothing from others. In the manager it says there's no new songs to upload. Is there any workaround?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                    BBV help needed. We're trying to book a holiday at the moment for about a week. Im looking to go to a place (outside Ireland preferably) where there is lots of stuff to do. I hate going to places to sit in the sun for a week. It'll just be me and the girlfriend so nothing too crazy. A nearby water park, decent night life nice beaches, markets, and other fun activities all a plus. Anybody have any recommendations?

Really appreciate it
                    Fuengerola, Marbella, Abuelferia.

Pretty much any Costa del Sol spot.

Try get a Jeep Safari tour if possible.

Comment

sounds like a complete tool.
                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                        Actually his team mate maybe a better candidate.
                        2 Chinese guys, head and shoulders above all else. Their opening lift, at 170kg, in snatch is higher than any lift anyone else even tried. (155 was highest)

2nd lift H Lu goes for 175, a world record but fails. X Lu goes for it and nails it with ease. 1 bit when he squats seemingly for the sake of it. H Lu doesn't take 3rd lift and X is stopped by some bullshit ruling going for 3rd lift.

It soons becomes clear why H didn't take 3rd lift. His wrist is fucked but of course he needs to make a lift in the clean and jerk. He comes out at low weight and nails it like a boss. He can't lift anymore but was so far ahead after the snatch that it's still good enough for silver.
                        Meanwhile X goes for overall record, fails at 2nd lift. 3rd and final lift he squats, his arse is practically touching the floor for a good 1-2 seconds and somehow makes the lift and gets the record.
                        Utter dominance.

^^^
                        Olympic heroes of the day both. ty Cooker

Comment

ah cv talk was looking at an application form for a job applying for today (why I can't just send cv I don't know) and they are looking for 3 references. Given I only have 1 on my CV and can stretch to 2 but both from same work place how bad does it look leaving black space for the 3rd? Last place I worked before most recent job over 7 years ago now is not around anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

Really appreciate it
                            this would seem to encapsulate all your requirements

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                              ah cv talk was looking at an application form for a job applying for today (why I can't just send cv I don't know) and they are looking for 3 references. Given I only have 1 on my CV and can stretch to 2 but both from same work place how bad does it look leaving black space for the 3rd? Last place I worked before most recent job over 7 years ago now is not around anymore
                              Stick me down as third reference.
                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                eyes.nasa.gov

install the plug in sit back and enjoy
                                That landing system is the maddest thing ever, its completely autonomous on entry and deployment. Very ambitious the Nasa lads will be planking it on Monday morning.

I wonder what price you'd get on it surviving the entry?
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Insheeption sheep game closing at 11pm for any late comers.

Estimated time required to answer the questions: 4 mins.

Edit: The good group is getting gooder, thanks.
                                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 01-08-12, 21:10.
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

If you want to have a strange experience:

1) Sit through the entire episode of 2 Broke Girls @23:40 on C4 tonight.

2) Spend the 3 minutes or so in the break telling yourself that it is the worst sitcom you have ever seen.

3) Then watch New Girl which is on after it.

4) Marvel at how wrong you were at step 2.

I did this last week. Now I know what Holocaust survivors moaned about.

Comment

Terrible ref in the boxing, disqualified some poor Iranian lad for very little

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                        Terrible ref in the boxing, disqualified some poor Iranian lad for very little
                                        ah, he was Shiite anyway

Comment

Also has anyone here ever done DMT?

Comment

Nice apartment if you have a cool $100 million hanging around

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/photos/n...343746855.html
                                            Cmonnnn Euromillions.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                              Also has anyone here ever done DMT?
                                              Is this a sting?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                Is this a sting?
                                                probably not, sounds right up hotspur's alley

Some users report intense erotic imagery and sensations and utilize the drug in a ritual sexual context

personally, I never take anything I can't spell. Gewurztramminer for example.

Comment

2) Spend the 3 minutes or so in the break telling yourself that it is the worst sitcom you have ever seen.

Some dude HERE absolutely rips every episode to shreds.
                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

How did you manage the time travelling bit?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Not having that at all. New Girl was a bit slow at the start but I enjoy, pretty funny show.

2 Broke Girls is the worst sitcom (if that is what it is) I have ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        That landing system is the maddest thing ever, its completely autonomous on entry and deployment. Very ambitious the Nasa lads will be planking it on Monday morning.

I wonder what price you'd get on it surviving the entry?
                                                        It'll be grand.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone watching the boxing there? Not a huge boxing fan but a fair few fights seem to be rigged. Is boxing the most corrupt sport out there?
                                                            There was one with a Japanese against Azerbaijani there and the Japanese was losing badly going into last round, but Aze boxer had nothing left for last round, fell to the ground like 5 times, surely he should lose the fight for it?
                                                            Then next one aussie 17 yr old vs another aze boxer, level into last round looks like aussie has done just enough to win, but aze gets the decision.
                                                            Then that disqualification of iranian in next fight seemed to be shocking.

Not a massive boxing fan so maybe I'm missing something but it all seemed like the officials had bets on or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Here is another cool one.

simonefortunini.it is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, simonefortunini.it has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                Somewhat out of date, but I still like this one

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 01-08-12, 22:11.

Comment

Seanie Quinn v Vinny on TV3 about to start

Comment

Couple of videos we filmed over the weekend:

Tina Bridgman - Take to the sky

Whilst out testing some video camera's on a bright sunny day in Lyme Regis we came across Tina Bridgman packing up after a fund-raising busking session for R...

Euphoria Audio - 3 Seconds

Edit: How do you embed youtube links?
                                                                      sigpic
                                                                      www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                        Seanie Quinn v Vinny on TV3 about to start
                                                                        Why can't Seanie talk properly

Comment

Vincent is being elevated to hero status in my book.
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Why can't Seanie talk properly
                                                                            Part of him man of the people spiel.
                                                                            Shur hes a great gaa man gace all the hicks of cavan and fermanagh a job greedy fucker should be shyting in abucket in the joy.

Comment

It's ok, Seanie has just put his hands up

That pic needs a CHD meme

Comment

Nothing new in this at all, though nice to see it.

My fondness of Fr Brian Darcy, is the only thing that has changed for me over the last few days

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                  Nothing new in this at all, though nice to see it.

My fondness of Fr Brian Darcy, is the only thing that has changed for me over the last few days
                                                                                  What did Darcy do? Always had time for him

Comment

...

Comment

What did Darcy do? Always had time for him
                                                                                      Gave a speech at the rally in cavan. Haven't got an exact quote, something along the lines of ' Quinn didn't bring Anglo down! Anglo brought Quinn down' Just being there was enough.

Comment

Ick & Kev's new facebook page https://www.facebook.com/theblaa

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                            Is this a sting?
                                                                                            No, I want to do DMT. I've wanted to for a while, but it seems quite difficult for various reasons. Was wondering if anyone here had done it.

It popped up on my radar again today as some group in Dublin are showing a documentary on it, this one:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Not having that at all. New Girl was a bit slow at the start but I enjoy, pretty funny show.
                                                                                            You might be right and I experienced some bad variance in the 5-10 mins that I saw of it. But it had no jokes. I will give it a try in 10mins time out of respect for you.

Comment

Saw Ted earlier. I was expecting a stupid but funny film, and that's pretty much what I got really.

Comment

Anyone watching the program on RTE2 showing the full process of slaughtering a cow?

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                    had a burger in the Shelbourne yesterday and they proudly stated on their menu that it was served on a Waterford Blaa (menu linky, page 3). Was actually a little bit different to a standard bap and not necessarily unpleasant.
                                                                                                    Was it stale? If not, probably not a blaa from Waterford.

Comment

...

Comment

Ah fuck forgot the Quinn interview was on vinny tonight, do tv3 repeat that at any point?

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                                                          Ah fuck forgot the Quinn interview was on vinny tonight, do tv3 repeat that at any point?
                                                                                                          It'll be on tv3player. Not sure when they go up but it will be there tomorrow at some stage anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                            Anyone watching the program on RTE2 showing the full process of slaughtering a cow?

Opr
                                                                                                            Yeah, its pretty accurate, although they are quite 'city boy pc' with the commentary.

I find some of the audience reaction/explanations pretty cringe.
                                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I'd guess English wasn't JohnJoe Nevin's favourite subject in school.

FB Status:

hi everyone back on this again after my fight just want to say thanks very much for all your support and good luck wishes means a lot and hopefully i can keep performing to my best and get another win sunday thanks everybody keep supporting thanks
                                                                                                              I read it like this:

"BARTDOYOUWANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAWANDHOCKEYMASK?! "

Comment

I'd suggest not putting any referees either on your CV or an application form - where there is a space provided for them, just write "To follow" or similar. Company/Employer will then contact you if they are seriously interested in you and you can give names at that stage [advantage to you is that you won't "waste" the goodwill of your referees by receiving too many queries about you].

Re your third person - all referees don't have to be work related, some-one who can speak of your involvement in leisure/charity/voluntary kind of setting is good also, shows you as a more balanced person etc etc....

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                  http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2012...d-black-cats/1

Would you invest in a fund that trades on superstition? David Wolman has, and in the process he discovers unsettling truths about how we treat and handle money.

Sounds good.
                                                                                                                  Reminds me of a feature the Sunday Indo used to run in the Business section a few years ago, called "Beat the Monkey" or something - 4 or 5 stock picking 'experts' would pick a portfolio each at the start of the year and the Monkey's selections were picked at random in raffle fashion - measured during and at the end of the year - on more than occasion the random 'raffle' picks came out ahead.

Comment

Can somebody who understands computer networking help me.

Somebody it work decided we should have access to the wireless network. She didn't know the password so decided that the best solution was to press the router reset button with a paperclip.
                                                                                                                    Internet to the office died

I've had a look and have got the router back up and running. The internet connection light flashes and the ISP say they can see it.
                                                                                                                    But from what I gather, the PCs and such on the network aren't connecting with it.

It's like the router is connected to the server in a different fashion or licatipn as before.
                                                                                                                    The Internet LAN settings connect through port 8080 if thats relevant

Comment

Hotspurs talk of DMT reminded me that August = shroom season

Comment

deals site

does anyone know the name of that "deal" site that groups all of the deal sites onto there page?

EDIT: found it- mydealpage.ie
                                                                                                                        Last edited by badugi; 02-08-12, 00:35.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X