Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone catch the video taken on the deck of the Costa Concordia in the aftermath of the initial collision? A crew member with a loudspeaker asking passengers to return to their cabins rather than hang around on deck? Saw it on BBC News this morning - if the captain gave the order to say that to passengers, I'm pretty sure his goose is well and truly cooked. Obviously the cruise line company is trying very hard to pin 100% of the blame for the accident and deaths on the captain's head, maybe they are manipulating the media, but they've been very effective in making him appear to be the one to blame for it all - trial by media so far!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      Funny fact
      The CEO of Megaupload has been confirmed as American rapper, DJ and record producer for artists like Busta Rhymes, Alicia Keys, Beyonce and DMX... Swizz Beatz.

oh and he's married to Alicia Keys
      Haha that's just genius.

REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for Get It On The Floor performed by DMX (ft. Swizz Beatz).Stream DMX https://lnk.to/1vbyuFollow DMXInstagram: https://...
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
        I cant see that enhanced special online or on the phone is it shop only ? Forgive me if i missed something basic as was just browsing the thread.
        it'll be there tomorrow at 1pm for 30 mins to an hour

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
          I cant see that enhanced special online or on the phone is it shop only ? Forgive me if i missed something basic as was just browsing the thread.
          It's live @ 1 tomorrow from what I saw!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Any time of year but you will only see it in the dark. The further north the better but I have seen a few great displays from Kildare over the years.

The other night I thought I was seeing them as I was driving along until they moved from North to East... Kildare GAA training camp in Hawkfield throws up an eeire green light in the right conditiond
            So what you are saying is that this is a good weekend to be in Trømso (Northern Norway) and going dog sledding tonight and to a traditional camp in the countryside tomorrow?

Comment

Patriots vs St Louis at Wembley in October.

Disappointed not Tebow. Fuck Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                Whatever about SOPA, I can't see the outrage for the shutting down of Megavideo. It was completely illegal and just total piracy. The current age of the internet is coming to an end, one way or another, this ability to get whatever we want whenever we want for free simply will not last forever and frankly it's hard to take a moral stance against the abolishment of total piracy, even though I avail of it alot. It sucks that they shut it down, but I really can't complain too much about it.

I think sites like Netflix (assuming you're getting access to the US site ) are a perfect meeting half way kind of thing and hopefully the ultimate result of all of this is something like that, paying a small monthly subscription fee in return for unlimited instant streaming of the best quality, latest releases. The Netflix library isn't exactly complete by any means ofc, but it's a good base point for this. I think piracy has/will help rush in these things and ultimately will be good for the consumer as companies are now forced to adopt to the current technology and the markets have changed which has brought price down, but it cannot and will not last forever in it's current form.

There'll probably be some form of piracy around in some way shape or form, but far more limited, and I think we'll be looking back on this era fondly very soon.
                This.

People are content to pay around 100 a month to sky / UPC for a service that mixes programmed and on demand content and another 25 a month for Public service content a la BBC or RTE.
                All they need to do is organise it so that this payment allows you access to all the archived content on demand.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  I made an appointment for a reiki session yesterday.

To the very best of my knowledge it's a load of b*llocks. But two friends (both psychotherapy people who aren't droolers) had it in the past year and enjoyed it. And the woman I rent a therapy room from offers it.

Has anyone had it done? Now reading about it there are obviously many aspects of it which are indisputably utterly retarded - like level 2 reiki training teaches you how to do it remotely i.e. send healing energy to someone in another place. Lol.

But the central treatment seems to be some manner of putting hands on different parts of your body for an hour. I can conceive how this might be beneficial in the context of a relaxing setting and relaxing music.

Actually, out of interest, and without it being followed up with an avalanche of evidence based analysis what alternative or complimentary type treatments have people had in the past and what was their experience of them like? Not a great population to be asking, but I would like to know.
                  I've had Reiki once and a few sessions of acupuncture.My consultant at the time recommended the acupuncture. The Reiki had stuff about calling down angels which I found off putting.That may just have been the individual practitioner I had though.Neither made any difference to my complaint.

I know that your a research focused person for things like this but I would guess that studies would show people receiving complimentary therapy do better then people that don't.Probably down to placebo and postive mental attitude side effects if so.
                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

RDIII - I am sure you could get a direct flight to Lanzarote. There is a nice upmarket side to the Island with 5 star hotels, beaches, scuba and boats.

Guaranteed sun but a long flight with kids

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Rams for 3 years ugghhh, they better bring some good teams over with them. Won't be great watching the Pats spank them

Comment

Originally posted by Rasher View Post
                        So what you are saying is that this is a good weekend to be in Trømso (Northern Norway) and going dog sledding tonight and to a traditional camp in the countryside tomorrow?
                        FU

Enjoy the spectacle, I was just thinking that if I'd more time and money than sense I'd be heading off in that direction for a few days.

Instead I'm shelling out a small fortune for youngest Daughters school skiing trip in a couple of weeks time to Lillihammer.
                        School trips to fucking Lillihammer Its a long way from a day trip to Glendalough !
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Q: within a 2/3 hour flight of here, what's my best bet for guaranteed sunshine in early April? family holiday.

went to Portugal last year so would prefer a new destination, would the med bits of France be warm at that time?
                          Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza. Stay here.

Loved the place, not an irish person in sight.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            Canaries ftw surely?
                            yes for sunshine but for some reason it conjures up images of the worst kind of overdeveloped tourist blight

I'm just a snob
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                              I made an appointment for a reiki session yesterday.

To the very best of my knowledge it's a load of b*llocks. But two friends (both psychotherapy people who aren't droolers) had it in the past year and enjoyed it. And the woman I rent a therapy room from offers it.

Has anyone had it done? Now reading about it there are obviously many aspects of it which are indisputably utterly retarded - like level 2 reiki training teaches you how to do it remotely i.e. send healing energy to someone in another place. Lol.

But the central treatment seems to be some manner of putting hands on different parts of your body for an hour. I can conceive how this might be beneficial in the context of a relaxing setting and relaxing music.

Actually, out of interest, and without it being followed up with an avalanche of evidence based analysis what alternative or complimentary type treatments have people had in the past and what was their experience of them like? Not a great population to be asking, but I would like to know.
                              The ex and her mother used to swear by it, she'd be forever insisting i try it for headaches and the like. From what I could see, its a placebo, with some kinesthetic stuff that helps to act as a convincer. Basically, a bit of heat builds up from hand being laid on, and then its pitched as the "negative energy" moving into the hand, which the practioner will then usually shake out. basically, the reiki persons hand is falling asleep or cramping, and the person with the problem is being comforted and feeling a build up of heat.

It's all hypnosis in one way shape or another
                              Last edited by Zuroph; 20-01-12, 15:17.
                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

fuck wembley was there not talk of a nfl game in croker

Comment

Puerto Rico in GC.

Or Puerto Mogan right next to it would fit your snobbishness nicely

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    School trips to fucking Lillihammer Its a long way from a day trip to Glendalough !

I went on a class trip to mountjoy. Suppose it was a way to show us a glimpse at what could be. The difference to the mens and womens prison is that of staying in a five star hotel or staying in a wheelie bin.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                      yeah there was with the american ambassador being chairman of steelers
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                        I went on a class trip to mountjoy. Suppose it was a way to show us a glimpse at what could be. The difference to the mens and womens prison is that of staying in a five star hotel or staying in a wheelie bin.
                                        Different version of an earlier one done by Luke Kelly & the Dubliners, but still good.
                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

AFAIR it took years from initial rumours to a game actually being played at Wembley. In the meantime there's a college game in in the Aviva in September.
                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                            AFAIR it took years from initial rumours to a game actually being played at Wembley. In the meantime there's a college game in in the Aviva in September.
                                            Enjoying the Irish Rail updates

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                              Puerto Rico in GC.

Or Puerto Mogan right next to it would fit your snobbishness nicely
                                              is it nice? somewhere like this would be ideal as I find hotels very cramped with kids
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                Enjoying the Irish Rail updates
                                                Check out the timeline of the guy I mentioned in the first tweet to see where my inspiration came from.
                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                  Mountjoy still looks like that. Except in the jail cells there are nude pics with junkies cum all over it.

Comment

The hopes are for autumn 2013 as far as I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      re: megaupload

Black March is in effect

Like the Idea, It has been tried here in Ireland with Regard the Petrol and diseal Price's ie boycot one major retailer so they have to reduce there price's and then the go back to use just them and let everone else match there prices!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                        to be fair, whatever about RS,they're quick to take down links, and are probably operating a little more within the law with automated scanning technology trying to find copyright material. Megaupload though, they were just taking the piss with their streaming service. it was blatant what they expected that to be used for.
                                                        The problem is, it opens very scary doors in relation to cloud computing. Whilst a huge proportion of the data hosted there was obviously movies etc, people DID use the service as a cloud.
                                                        Also, the fact due process wasn't applied and the service and data was gone without warning seems somewhat less than legal.
                                                        I suppose a terrible analogy would be if the manufacture and to a lesser extent the possession of RIZLA was made illegal in the morning.
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I assume I've missed the boat on tickets for that?

Comment

@Raoul

Marbella is lovely. About 30 mins (€70) in a taxi from Malaga airport. Lovely beach, prom, old town. Great shopping for herself. Good restaurants. €10 in taxi to Puerto Banus to look at the yachts (really look at the young birds with the auld blokes). I have been there inFeb and it was mostly fine but by April you should be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              Not out yet but expected to be fast sell out when they do come out.

Comment

is it nice? somewhere like this would be ideal as I find hotels very cramped with kids
                                                                I woulda suggested the Canaries but the flight is around 4 hours, guaranteed sunshine. I was in Las Palmas 6 weeks ago and the previous December too.

Guaranteed sunshine but the city is shit for kids, better off in a resort area like Kev suggested.

Flying to Alicante is around 2 hours and then you'd probably need to hire a car, Torrevieja is about an hour drive and Mojacar is around 2 hours.

For me Mojacar is the nut area for weather in April, good craic (but not wild) and loads to do for kids.

Comment

There'll probably be some form of piracy around in some way shape or form, but far more limited, and I think we'll be looking back on this era fondly very soon.

IRC>MP3.com>Napster>Grokster>Limewire>Torrents>Hos ted Services>UseNet>?

If anything it'll get better imo
                                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 20-01-12, 16:02. Reason: IRC obv
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Don't think so, doubt it will sell out tbh. Don't think they're on sale yet, Gimmeabreak said a while back he had a shitload already but I'd guess that's just a benefit of being a BOSS.
                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Don't think so, doubt it will sell out tbh. Don't think they're on sale yet, Gimmeabreak said a while back he had a shitload already but I'd guess that's just a benefit of being a BOSS.
                                                                      Sweet - will definitely be wanting to go to that!

Comment

huge amounts up for pre sale already. check out the boards thread in the american football forum. they post codes and such there which work afaik

Comment

I really liked Puerto Rico, not full of yer typical mentalists either I found. Puerto Mogan is just down the coast from it and is more exclusive than PR

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOoSGR_1qSk

Haven't watched this guy in ages but he makes me love online poker.

Comment

Sweet - will definitely be wanting to go to that!
                                                                              would definitely be up for that also. worth putting up an interest thread and buying in bulk?

Comment

Raoul, I'm booking a holiday later with my mates if you wanna come along. I'm sure you'll fit right in. It's gonna be mental, sun sea sex sand booze sex minge fanny and tits and booze and sex.

Comment

.
                                                                                  flushdraws are in prime northern lights viewing territory, Anywhere up round Malin Head or even that grianan ring fort might be good viewing
                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                    would definitely be up for that also. worth putting up an interest thread and buying in bulk?
                                                                                    Yeah I'd say you'd get 10 - 15 IPBers easily enough alright.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                      Raoul, I'm booking a holiday later with my mates if you wanna come along. I'm sure you'll fit right in. It's gonna be mental, sun sea sex sand booze sex minge fanny and tits and booze and sex.
                                                                                      What are the odds on no sex being involved with women

Comment

The current age of the internet is coming to an end, one way or another, this ability to get whatever we want whenever we want for free simply will not last forever.
                                                                                        What are you basing this prediction on? From either a technology, enforcement resources, or public will perspective I cannot see where the impetus would come from.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                          What are the odds on no sex being involved with women
                                                                                          Not sure, ask gimmeabreak. He might enhance the price for you.

Comment

@ Newapproach.. How did last Friday go? Are u way up the leaderboard now?

Comment

Pretty sure I smashed that interview, but I have a nagging doubt it's because I'm overqualified almost. If a job offer follows about 20k short of expectation, then that will explain that. On the upside though, it's interview experience at least, even if I don't get offered it, or don't want it in the end.

Comment

We should have 72 minutes of silence for megaupload.

Comment

Fantasy 6 nations league anyone?
                                                                                                  I've joined Guinness Fantasy Rugby 2012 game

and I bet that my team, There is no BOD, will beat any team you can put together!

I challenge you to join my mini-league. Go to the game ( at http://fantasyrugby.guinness.com/?page=register ), pick your team then use the 'mini-league admin' option to join my mini league.

The details you need are:
                                                                                                  League Name:
                                                                                                  IPB league
                                                                                                  League password:
                                                                                                  emmetwillnotwin

It's not hard and there are some great prizes to win, so unless you're afraid of getting beaten I'm looking forward to seeing you in my league soon!
                                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Ah, weekend at last! Few pints in town now and head to play a tourney later, interspersed with a few more pints along the way. Have been warned to take it relatively easy though as I have to get up early to bring my 4 year old to some rugby tots class we signed him up for. Told him about it yesterday and he said 'I don't wanna play rugby.. I wanna play.... Golf!' Have no idea where he got that from, apart from me watching the last day of a major the odd time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitzy2010 View Post
                                                                                                      Ok lads I'm not gonna bate around the bush here and insult your intelligence by telling you a whole hape of porkies...
                                                                                                      This is what really went down last night....
                                                                                                      I was playing four tables and in one game I did flop a straight and then got beat to a flush on the turn...
                                                                                                      And it left me crippled in that comp BUT in the other comp,(the one all the talk is about) i was on 10K i think and blinds were rising rapid as is customary with a turbo tournament!
                                                                                                      Anyways everyone was raising with all sorts of hands and i did get Q10 of hearts so raised it to 2.1K(3 times the big blind which was 700)!
                                                                                                      All i wanted to do was rob the blinds and ante's but some fool to my left shoved ALL IN...
                                                                                                      Now this same lad shoved all in 3 or 4 times after me raising earlier and I folded each time, and I know know it was a stupid call but i just did call with Q10...
                                                                                                      He had 99 and they held up...
                                                                                                      Now I did LIE about that hand... But purely because I was embarrassed about the way I got knocked out!
                                                                                                      Lord if someone called my all in with Q10 and knocked me out i'd crack!!
                                                                                                      So all I can do is say sorry for my stupid donkey like behaviour...
                                                                                                      I don't usually do that in MTT's and if ya check my MTT stats they will confirm that..
                                                                                                      Once again sorry for all the drama, I hope i can move on and learn from this....

Ps. I think SICKPUPPY been banned was definatly called for because that lad does nothing but ABUSE people......#justsaying
                                                                                                      Not sure why you felt the need to lie again, and you said the same thing in the staking thread, but the bolded bit above just isn't true. You opened 3 or 4 pots to 3x after the 44 hand and took it down pre each time until your exit. Villain never shoved over you before that.

Anyway, it's a hand of poker, there's no need to take it so personally when someone criticises your play or you make a fuck up. It's only a game.

Comment

joined this, have absolutely no idea about rugby so let it get pick the team automatically.
                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

yes for sunshine but for some reason it conjures up images of the worst kind of overdeveloped tourist blight

I'm just a snob

Parts of Lanzarote are a class above the tourism by numbers approach. Obviously I took your Niles-ishness into account when making the suggestion!

Comment

I hate January. 11 days left and am on fumes. Going dancing for pennies in town tomorrow (unless someone has a 20/1 hot tip to get me through).
                                                                                                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Nice lanzarote hotel

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                I hate January. 11 days left and am on fumes. Going dancing for pennies in town tomorrow (unless someone has a 20/1 hot tip to get me through).

Boyles enhanced odds and westham?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                  absolutely not.
                                                                                                                  On the basis that the Betfair price is slightly -EV?

If the betfair price is neutral ev, would it not be best to hedge, given ev won't change yet you would be reducing variance lots?

Comment

can anyone tell me know long it would take to get from Leixlip to clane . If i left at 7, would i be there by 8?

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
                                                                                                                      @ Newapproach.. How did last Friday go? Are u way up the leaderboard now?
                                                                                                                      Won it, comfortably clear but won't count the chickens just yet

You heading in tonight?

Comment

is there any way to turn off the paddy points display on tables on PPP?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X