X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
    Jebus no.

We're way to close to kick off for that.

I said about a year ago in the BBV that Rooney was going to be player of the tournament in SA and I stand by it.

He's probably the most rounded footballer there is at the moment,he could do a job anywhere on the pitch.

With him England have a great chance of winning,he carries his team when it's needed and with the quality and experience around him, England have no reason to fear anyone imo.

I've suffered an awful lot supporting England but for the first time ever I feel that England are genuinely one of the favourites and I love Capello leading them into it.
    They definitely deserve to be up with the favourites with the players they have no doubt. I think Capello's choice of Rio for captain was stupid tho. Some might say im only saying this because im a liverpool supporter but i feel Gerrard would have been a much better choice. Either Gerrard or Rooney to prove im not being biased. Rio is obviously a quality player but i just don't think he has what it takes to lead a top International team.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      Grapes, blueberries, strawberries, banana, natural yoghurt and some ice. Tasty stuff.
      Love making them. Squeeze some fresh lime juice into the next one for a bit of extra zing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
        They definitely deserve to be up with the favourites with the players they have no doubt. I think Capello's choice of Rio for captain was stupid tho. Some might say im only saying this because im a liverpool supporter but i feel Gerrard would have been a much better choice. Either Gerrard or Rooney to prove im not being biased. Rio is obviously a quality player but i just don't think he has what it takes to lead a top International team.
        Aye I hear ya,but Rio was vice captain so it was a no brainer tbh.

I'm actually happy with that, let Rooney concentrate on what he's doing, and it keeps the pressure off Gerrard to try and find his form on the pitch,which he really needs to,although there are signs he's finding his mojo.
        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
          Is there anyway for me to change a docx file to a doc file?
          There is a converter on the MS website.

However I'm far to tired to look for it so you will have to find it yourself
          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
            Average stack 22bb's in the Deepstack with 96 players left. Crapshoot city coming up.

This should prove to all the people moaning about the Irish Open starting stack that a massive starting stack doesnt mean the structure will stay deep all the way through.

Longer clock>>>>>>>>Bigger starting stack, every time.
            70 players left in the so called 'deepstack' blinds are 10k/20k with a 1k ante, average stack is 330k.

Fkin shocking.
            It has been sold out for a while and they always knew that it would so zero excuses.

It's absolutely shocking imo.

16bb av with 70 players left, that's comical.
            When I played this tournament two years ago the structure held up a lot better than described above. Something has gone seriously awry.
            Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 07-02-10, 02:23.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

if you are only talking about pure goalscoring then there is quite alot of players from this past 10 years.

Shearer
              Fowler
              Cantona
              Cole
              Henry

Im sure there are more...
              I'd say Shearer is the most clinical I've ever seen in the Premier League. Worldwide it would deffo be Van Basten.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Could you foward the 10 point plan thing to me please?

Cheers
                Me too please.

Comment

if you are only talking about pure goalscoring then there is quite alot of players from this past 10 years.

Shearer
                  Fowler
                  Cantona
                  Cole
                  Henry

Im sure there are more leagues in the world of football than the Premiership...
                  FYP
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I was just heading to bed when I realised I should reiterate my point somewhat.

I watched every minute of Englands qualifing games but the Croatia game at Wembley was when I really started to believe we could win the world cup.

It was almost like a moment of clarity.

We're all but qualified and 3/4 1 up(not sure) but Capello is screaming at the players to push forward and destroy Croatia, no thought of shutting up shop or strolling to the win,he was as fired up as if they needed a goal to win.

I loved this attitude from an England manager, but the reaction from the players is what really gave me belief.
                    They responded to him like it was second nature,all guns blazing and the foot didn't come off the pedal until the ref blew the final whistle and we had won 5-1.

We have the players and the experience and our best player is firing on all cylinders but the key for me is the relationship that Capello has with those players.

I loved Venables but this is different.
                    It's a knockout competition when all's said and done but it's between England and Spain imo and i'm hoping that our manager can be the difference.

Comment

No more fking disappointments!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96-zW2c8H2o[/ame]

I realise you all hate this btw, lol.
                      Last edited by dannydiamond; 07-02-10, 02:39.

Comment

I think England can win it too and the reason is Capello more than anything. England have always had a very talented squad but rarely a manager.

I apart from Bobby Robson who was very harshly treated by the media, I am struggling to thing of another real world class manager that they have had, a real winner who refuses to accept any less than the very best from his teams.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

To be fair luck plays a huge part and unless you are ridiculously good like Spain or Brazil winning it will be incredibly tough. Capello has improved the team but I reckon they will just lose on penalties in the semi's for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                            To be fair luck plays a huge part and unless you are ridiculously good like Spain or Brazil winning it will be incredibly tough. Capello has improved the team but I reckon they will just lose on penalties in the semi's for a change.
                            To be fair Brazil and, to a FAR greater extent, Spain have an embarrassment of riches in terms of squad depth. That goes a long way at the World Cup.

For the first time in a while England have a decent squad, as opposed to a team, and might actually have the legs to get through the whole tournament.

That said, you can't see past Brazil or Spain.

Spain have so many midfielders in particular that it borders on ridiculous. If they lost Xavi AND Iniesta they'd still have Fabregas, Alonso, Senna etc. Out wide I predict Jesus Navas could be a stand out player for the tournament but regardless, if Spain can't win this World Cup then it will be a disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by chd View Post
                              i reckon they will just lose on penalties in the semi's for a change.
                              nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo o.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                To be fair Brazil and, to a FAR greater extent, Spain have an embarrassment of riches in terms of squad depth. That goes a long way at the World Cup.

For the first time in a while England have a decent squad, as opposed to a team, and might actually have the legs to get through the whole tournament.

Spain have so many midfielders in particular that it borders on ridiculous. If they lost Xavi AND Iniesta they'd still have Fabregas, Alonso, Senna etc. Out wide I predict Jesus Navas could be a stand out player for the tournament but regardless, if Spain can't win this World Cup then it will be a disgrace.
                                So you agree or were you talking yourself around? England are meant to have a class squad not just a decent one. No team that relies on Emile Heskey as their attacking spearhead will win a world cup anyway.

Comment

if Spain can't win this World Cup then it will be a disgrace.
                                  That's an absolutely ridiculous statement.

It's a knockout competition, I believe that England 'can' win and obv Spain and Brazil 'can' win but the nature of the comp is that you lose a game and you're out simple as.

Comment

So you agree or were you talking yourself around? England are meant to have a class squad not just a decent one. No team that relies on Emile Heskey as their attacking spearhead will win a world cup anyway.
                                    That's an absolutely ridiculous statement.

It's a knockout competition, I believe that England 'can' win and obv Spain and Brazil 'can' win but the nature of the comp is that you lose a game and you're out simple as.
                                    Let me put it to you in poker terms.

At any table, on any day, any single player could conceivably win that table.

But we all know that there are players who have a real edge and those are the players who should, really, be winning.

Spain have a decent chip lead and a SICK edge. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

Let me put it to you in poker terms.

At any table, on any day, any single player could conceivably win that table.

But we all know that there are players who have a real edge and those are the players who should, really, be winning.

Spain have a decent chip lead and a SICK edge. That's all I'm saying.
                                      So yeah, you are saying exactly what I am saying!

Comment

Torres is the best natural goal scorer on the planet imo. I'm a life long 'pool fan and Fowler is the only player I can remember who it almost seemed like he was born to score goals, he's just ridiculously good.
                                        [snip]

Villa is no doubt world class but he falls between the two for me.
                                        I'm sorry but your letting your bias get the better of you here, let's examine the facts. Villas record for Spain, 54 caps 36 goals and top scorer in euro 2008 and on course to beating the all time Spain goal scorer record with roughly 2/3 the amount of games played held by Raul. Torres, 71 caps 23 goals.

If you compare their goal record at club level, using league goals only, Torres has 286 appearances 132 goals, Villa has 199 goals in 369 appearances, or 0.53 goals a game v 0.44 in Torres case. I'm not doubting Torres is world class, but to try and claim Villa isn't in his class when all statistical evidence points to him being better seems a bit off, and that's not to mention that incredibly Villa also lead the assists league in La Liga one season also, which is incredible for someone who scores as much as he does. The ever reliable Wiki states "Statistics (based on goal importance and the tournement they were scored in) demonstrate Villa to be the most prolific goalscorer in the world between 2005-2009, seeing the back of the net over 156 times". Put short, David Villa is a f'n machine and is on the verge of proving himself as Spains most prolific ever striker.
                                        Last edited by Sledgejammer; 07-02-10, 03:36.
                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

England are in the same position really.

If they lost Barry and Lampard, they have Carrick, Gerard, Joe Cole
                                          Who is gonna play on the right side for them, choice of Beckham, Aaron Lennon, James Milner(who can also play in the middle), Shaun Wright-Phillips, Ashley Young, Stewart Downing?
                                          Young, Downing, Joe Cole and Lennon can also play on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

Who is gonna play on the right side for them, choice of Beckham, Aaron Lennon, James Milner(who can also play in the middle), Shaun Wright-Phillips, Ashley Young, Stewart Downing?
                                            lol@comparing Barry and Lampard to Xaviesta. Seriously.
                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Been a while since i heard this....gotta love Eminem

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynt7HeKcSKs&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                lol@comparing Barry and Lampard to Xaviesta. Seriously.
                                                IYO Who is better. Drogba at his best or Torres at his best.

Comment

anybody have a link for the ufc? thanks.

Comment

IYO Who is better. Drogba at his best or Torres at his best.
                                                    Very hard to say because they're both so different, I'd probably rather be facing a Torres on fire than a Drogba on fire slightly, not that either would be a fun prospect, because Drogba can single handedly just tear a team apart a bit more. Both are obviously world class strikers though, not much between them, probably depends simply on what kind of system you were playing and who you were playing against if you were asked to choose one.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post

While everything here is true, it is also informative in another way.

Casillas, Reina, Lopez

Albiol, Arbeloa, Capdevilla, Marchena, Pique, Puyol, Ramos,

Alonso, Busquets, Fabregas, Hernandez, Xavi, Iniesta, Mata, Navas, Silva, Carzola, Senna, Iraola (and on and on and on)

Torres, Villa, Nagredo, Bojan

So...

With the single exception of Wayne Rooney which player in the England team would make that starting XI? Ashley Cole maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                        anybody have a link for the ufc? thanks.
                                                        iraqgoals.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, iraqgoals.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Casillas, Reina, Lopez

Alonso, Busquets, Fabregas, Hernandez, Xavi, Iniesta, Mata, Navas, Silva, Carzola, Senna, Iraola (and on and on and on)

So...

With the single exception of Wayne Rooney which player in the England team would make that starting XI? Ashley Cole maybe?
                                                          Defo A.Cole and a fit again Rio Ferdinand

Comment

Casillas, Reina, Lopez

So...

Terry on current form walks in to centre half.

Comment

When I played this tournament two years ago the structure held up a lot better than described above. Something has gone seriously awry.
                                                              I personally think that the players have become "better". Previously, players were happily stacking off with their top pair for the 500BB's and not seeing anything wrong with it. Most players now realise that they can't win the tournament in the first day and have changed their strategy appropriately. This absolutely eats into the playability at the later stage of the tournament but I hope that the introduction of 90 minute levels tomorrow will restore some flexibility.

A point was also made that there's not many pros in the field. Pros tend to be quite aggressive (be it LAG or TAG) and dictate the pace of the game. The majority of the field was made up of nervous online qualifiers who travelled hundreds of miles to play. I may have joked about a few French players having to twiddle their thumbs for the weekend after being knocked out in the first few levels but most of them were playing very passively which saw them bleed chips slowly rather than go out in a blaze of glory while looking for some obscure backdoor draw.
                                                              Last edited by AdMMM; 07-02-10, 03:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                Defo A.Cole and a fit again Rio Ferdinand
                                                                Cheers lads. QED.

Comment

England getting hyped up even earlier than expected this year

Prepare for the worst Danny

Comment

Just a quick suggestion. How about a section for pure football talk the same as our cousin's have. And you have to ask for access?

As much as i love football im sure alot would like to see the football talk kept to a minimum ITT. I don't mind it at all, as it's fun to debate over things and it makes this thread good to read but god knows what would happen if some of the boards soccer posters caught wind of us having an argument on this forum to do with football. No doubt they would want in on it! The place would be mayhem then

Comment

Just a quick suggestion. How about a section for pure football talk the same as our cousin's have. And you have to ask for access?

As much as i love football im sure alot would like to see the football talk kept to a minimum ITT. I don't mind it at all, as it's fun to debate over things and it makes this thread good to read but god knows what would happen if some of the boards soccer posters caught wind of us having an argument on this forum to do with football. No doubt they would want in on it! The place would be mayhem then
                                                                      We had them all the time in the other place within the BBV.

Pointless scaremongering imo.

Comment

i actually dont think he would due to the style of football they play, He is playing decent football right now but spain is all about keeping possession and wearing opponents down not knocking the ball 50 yards up the field everytime it comes near you. just my 2c

Comment

We had them all the time in the other place within the BBV.

Pointless scaremongering imo.
                                                                          Had to google scaremongering

Nah it was just a suggestion. I never really read the old bbv so i didn't realise they posted there also!

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                                                            I personally think that the players have become "better". Previously, players were happily stacking off with their top pair for the 500BB's and not seeing anything wrong with it. Most players now realise that they can't win the tournament in the first day and have changed their strategy appropriately. This absolutely eats into the playability at the later stage of the tournament but I hope that the introduction of 90 minute levels tomorrow will restore some flexibility.

A point was also made that there's not many pros in the field. Pros tend to be quite aggressive (be it LAG or TAG) and dictate the pace of the game. The majority of the field was made up of nervous online qualifiers who travelled hundreds of miles to play. I may have joked about a few French players having to twiddle their thumbs for the weekend after being knocked out in the first few levels but most of them were playing very passively which saw them bleed chips slowly rather than go out in a blaze of glory while looking for some obscure backdoor draw.
                                                                            Such game conditions could offset things to an extent, but not to the degree that they solely explain an average stack of 17BBs with 70 left given what the tournament purports itself to be.

I have a lot of time for the people running this tournament btw, but the cold hard facts make it difficult to conclude that they got this one spot on. I'd imagine they are more aware of it than anyone though to be fair.
                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                              i actually dont think he would due to the style of football they play, He is playing decent football right now but spain is all about keeping possession and wearing opponents down not knocking the ball 50 yards up the field everytime it comes near you. just my 2c
                                                                              He hasn't been doing that. His link up play with A.Cole and the midfield has been immense, even going forward with ball at feet he has been brilliant. He walks in imo.

Comment

Pretty sure any team in the world would love a John Terry and i'd be confident in saying he could walk on to any team. I know Liverpool would love a type like him. Defense is the one part of the pitch Liverpool are miles behind Chelsea and United.

He's an imense footballer tho and most negative comments towards his gameplay are just because of jealousy imo.

Comment

Then what? A golf thread? An economics thread? A rugby thread? A TV thread? Then threads become forums, then there is no bbv except for the actual bbv element which I personally wouldn't read.

Might as well be on boards minus the bbv with a more diluted community in that case. As mentioned above, this is how the bbv rolls for the last couple of years. Gambling got a split probably due to financial aspect of it and the potential value posts/tips getting lost, not because it was making too much noise in here and it was decided it was better to keep that type of talk elsewhere.

Comment

Pretty sure any team in the world would love a John Terry and i'd be confident in saying he could walk on to any team. I know Liverpool would love a type like him. Defense is the one part of the pitch Liverpool are miles behind Chelsea and United.

He's an imense footballer tho and most negative comments towards his gameplay are just because of jealousy imo.
                                                                                    He wasn't great last year and unfortunately is really thick off the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                      Can't find the kincsem link at the moment but will root it out tomorrow and send it on.
                                                                                      Can you send that link onto me as well please

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                      I fecking love Bloc Party!
                                                                                      Their gig here in the Phoenix Park a couple of years back is still one of my alltime favourite gigs

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD0Ar8fwQBE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oRlpGyI1rg&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                      Last edited by Lao Lao; 07-02-10, 04:35.

Comment

You gotta love playing way above your bankroll limits at 6 in the morning.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

1. play this video, pause it, turn off the volume, and fast forward it to 0:32:
                                                                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1dO0JC2EE[/ame]

2. open this video, turn the volume on:
                                                                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow[/ame]

3. As soon as the second video begins, go back to the first video and hit play. You now have a music video.
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                            Such game conditions could offset things to an extent, but not to the degree that they solely explain an average stack of 17BBs with 70 left given what the tournament purports itself to be.

I have a lot of time for the people running this tournament btw, but the cold hard facts make it difficult to conclude that they got this one spot on. I'd imagine they are more aware of it than anyone though to be fair.
                                                                                            I think actually we got it spot on this year. We needed to be down to 27 players after 22 or 23 levels in order for it to finish as a 3 day event.

2011 will see 2 start days and the biggest change we will have to make there is to start a little earlier on each day one as we will have to play 12 levels on day one to make sure we lose as near to half the field as possible.

After that I think we will be looking at 7/8 levels a day with 90 mins for the final two days.

I think the fact that pretty much everyone who I have seen post so far about the structure this year did not play it and that every comment I have heard from the people that did play it is that it was fantastic says it all.

Anyone looking to play the €200 game would be best advised to get up here early to register. We open at 12pm for registration and will be capping the tournament at 200 players.
                                                                                            sigpic
                                                                                            www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post
                                                                                              I think actually we got it spot on this year. We needed to be down to 27 players after 22 or 23 levels in order for it to finish as a 3 day event.
                                                                                              So you knew and hoped this would happen?

Comment

Posted by Elshambo
                                                                                                Porrdige for breakfast is supposed to be good for those who dont get time to eat during say if you can eat it

The really lazy way to make porridge.

Get a Pyrex measuring jug / bowl (6" to 8" wide measuring jug with handle is good).
                                                                                                One measure porrige / two measures water / pinch of salt if you like [measure?: small cup]
                                                                                                Microwave it for about three minutes (or whatever works).
                                                                                                Honey on top if you like.
                                                                                                Milk

Eat it out of the jug / bowl.

If you are too lazy to do that you are lazy champion.

I played the €270 Green Joker Poker game yesterday. Had my 20,000 starting stack up to 20,300 at the break .
                                                                                                Just after the break chased to the river with QdKd and rivered a Q. A boards poster surprised me with QQ. Lost 15,000 there.
                                                                                                Then anted away to less than 2bb getting nil hands. Q8o no match for same posters 666.

Comment

People asking about buying bicycles on the internet.

Chainreactioncycles (Northern Ireland) and Wiggle (UK) are good.
                                                                                                  My brother bought two bikes from Wiggle. I bought one bike from Wiggle. They arrive assembled in a massive box. You need an allen key to turn the handlebars to the front, and attach the pedals (not sure / can't remember).

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post

I played the €270 Green Joker Poker game yesterday. Had my 20,000 starting stack up to 20,300 at the break .
                                                                                                    Just after the break chased to the river with QdKd and rivered a Q. A boards poster surprised me with QQ. Lost 15,000 there.
                                                                                                    Then anted away to less than 2bb getting nil hands. Q8o no match for same posters 666.
                                                                                                    Sounds like you played a great game just got unlucky. Wp

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                                                                      Sounds like you played a great game just got unlucky. Wp
                                                                                                      Yeah. I folded 24o, J3o, 37o for about two hours which was good play.

Comment

For smoothies or any other breakfast stuff, get some of that whey protein powder that weightlifters use. Helps you make serotonin while you sleep that night, far more effective than prozac etc.
                                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Blame all the people that have been campaigning for 10million starting chips and 3 hour blinds for the last few years. The same players also want free food and dealers at every table.

17bb average sounds reasonable to me at stage anyway considering that there will be a large amount of people running on the spot around 10bbs and several more blinding away completely.

Under €1000 its going to be impossible to run with a WSOP main event style event without a massive company throwing money at it. The IPO and the Deepstack do a good job at bringing certain elements of the major events to the lower buy in market but its just not feasible to go all out.

Comment

Anyone able to tell me what's wrong with these mp3 players? They look amazing for the general price of about £20, but surely there's some catch:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-16GB-MP3-M...item27af25ae0e
                                                                                                              I don't know much about them but I noticed that postage is £19.

Comment

More importantly can someone give me a reason to support either the Saints or the Colts please.

Comment

Bit of bad form on my table in the €270 yesterday.

It was the group of death with Cat O'Neill, Mick Stephens?, Graham Masters, and the winner of €10,000 Clonmel in January (young dealer / player forget his name?).
                                                                                                                  Hard but fair table and a nice bunch to play with.

One of the players (French?) was yo-yoing from 35k to 12k and back to 25k. He took offence a bit when he was rivered by a straight by one of our players above.

Anyway a few hands later the dealer warned the French player when he mucked his cards and a ten had a major bend in it. Plastic cards will not bend unless you try to bend them.

We got a new deck.
                                                                                                                  Next hand he mucked and a five he folded had two bends in it. More words from the dealer and he was told not to do it again. We got a replacement card.

Bad form / bad loser.

Comment

Anyone able to tell me what's wrong with these mp3 players? They look amazing for the general price of about £20, but surely there's some catch:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-16GB-MP3-M...item27af25ae0e

They are more than likely Chinese pieces of crap but it's not much risk to find out.
                                                                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Euro 2012 draw on this morning. Anyone know if it's live online anywhere?

Edit: Just noticed it's on RTE 2.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by dannydiamond; 07-02-10, 10:56.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                                                          Going to start by saying that I am in no way shape or form an authority on nutrition and fitness. That said I have read up a lot on it.

2 stone in two weeks is impossible unless you are morbidly obese etc.
                                                                                                                          If your main goal is to lose weight it really is as simple as consume less calories then you put out.
                                                                                                                          However, the way the body works, if you starve yourself you will lose weight, but at a slower weight then you would think. By starving yourself the body automatically looks to conserve energy thus slowing the fat loss process.
                                                                                                                          You should read the boards fitness and nutrition forums, they really are a fountain of knowledge.

You aren't going to get these desired results in a short time. In my opinion what you should look to do is just start eating well, no crash diets etc, and up the energy output.
                                                                                                                          Eat protein, lean meats and good fat (omega 3 etc), stay away (as best you can) from processed food and anything that has saturated fats in it.
                                                                                                                          You can start simple though. Stay away from simple carbs (white bread, white pasta), switch to complex carbs. Get a brown bread sandwich instead. If you ever take a lift, take the stairs. If you get the bus, walk to the next stop up from your bus stop and get that one instead.
                                                                                                                          As I said at the start, it really is all about energy output.

boards fitness forum
                                                                                                                          boards nutrition forum
                                                                                                                          You should look through the stickys on both of these forums, they are great.
                                                                                                                          Great advice.

I'd say though that people might get the wrong idea with the "energy output" bit at the bottom. Your diet is THE most important thing. Excercise is very much secondary. Eating properly will get you better results than excercise alone. Both combined will obviously yield better results again.

Torres is the best natural goal scorer on the planet imo. I'm a life long 'pool fan and Fowler is the only player I can remember who it almost seemed like he was born to score goals, he's just ridiculously good.

Messi is by far the best footballer we have the pleasure of watching too, but it's unfair to compare.

Messi and Torres can't ever be compared in any realistic way because they play such different rolls at their clubs. Villa is no doubt world class but he falls between the two for me.

Edit: not put very well, but you know what I mean.
                                                                                                                          I agree that Rooney is better than both as a footballer no question.

Torres plays a different role than Rooney or Drogba. As a pure goal scorer Torres can't be beaten.

I'll give you Rooney but to be dimissing Torres in favour of Drogba so easily is ridiculous tbf.

Rooney is on a different planet at the moment and hopefully he carries it through to the world cup.
                                                                                                                          Whats ridiculous is you even considering the notion that Villa is a inferior player to Torres. In every conceivable comparison Villa is better. Sledgejammer outlined it all above.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X