This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    You don't have any choice now, you arrive in Terminal 1 on a transfer and you have to take the bus across to 5 for BA or 3/4 for the others. Leaving Ireland its better than the walk or the train to T5 it takes about 15 minutes to drive there. Then in this brand new terminal 5 you check in do security and you still have to get another bloody train to the gate
    On the way back you have queue to do passport control and security at 5 and then wait for the bus to transfer you to 1 where you go back and do Security again.
    QQ about this.

I'm transferring from T1 to T5 in a few weeks. How long does it take the bus and to get through security?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
      Far from it. As Nasri will be in the last year of his contract soon, (if he'#s not already) Due to the Webhster Ruling (and the fact that the contract was for 3 years or more) he has the right to buy out the remainder of his contract then sign for whoever he likes.

So the options are

a) Arsenal offer him what he thinks he's worth for a new contract (if he even wants to stay at Arsenal)
      b) Arsenal don't offer his what's he's worth, he buys out his contract (which will be worth significantly less than 15 million) and goes to United this summer
      c) He remains with Arsenal for a year and goes to United next summer.
      a) I've no idea how much he's on but i'd say ~£75k a week so to buy out from that is £4m. I don't think any player would like to pay that out to release himself from a contract with Arsenal tbh. It is an option tho

b) He's looking for £110k a week afaik which breaks Arsenal's wage bracket. This is the stumbling block in the future of Arsenal if we're to attract and hold onto the worlds best players

c) I think he'd move abroad after a year

d) It's all nonsense anyway and he'll be signed up by the end of the month and i'll be able to sleep better

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
        QQ about this.

I'm transferring from T1 to T5 in a few weeks. How long does it take the bus and to get through security?
        between 30 and 50 mins depending on the time of day.

If you have to walk through T1 and down for the train to T5 I'd reckon its about an extra 10 minutes.
        Our travel agent doesn't book any connections under two hours through Heathrow.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

between 30 and 50 mins depending on the time of day.

If you have to walk through T1 and down for the train to T5 I'd reckon its about an extra 10 minutes.
          Our travel agent doesn't book any connections under two hours through Heathrow.
          Have over two hours, so hopefully I'll be grand.

Comment

Nasty tackle on RVP yesterday. Not even a free kick.
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kxvbf5hJA[/ame]
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

This goes on in every garage in Ireland Noel.

Comment

I expressed that same opinion about people in the motor trade before and got berated by one or two car dealer IPB'ers. If you're still looking to get the starter done I can give you a number for someone.

Comment

just go out and steal your spare parts like everyone else
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I dunno how you kept your cool through that.

Nice car as well

Last edited by RasTa; 09-06-11, 16:02.
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

TIP for Noel : If you suspect you will be dealing with a garage with a tardy image in relation to customer service. Just a simple anon call to them to be careful in the next few days
                      as a rep from head office will be monitoring the customer service, phones, etc. say don't mention it and hang up. bet you get better service on your head gasket/starter motor issue, tired it once and it worked very well. (opel garage in my early days of jammering)

btw your post has sucked 5 years of life out of me you bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        a) I've no idea how much he's on but i'd say ~£75k a week so to buy out from that is £4m. I don't think any player would like to pay that out to release himself from a contract with Arsenal tbh. It is an option tho
                        Given Arsenal's pay structure I'd be very suprised if he's on that amount. 40k tops.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Surely this is free money?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            The starter on my car is on its last legs so thought it was time to get it changed. As with any time I have to do something with my car I get an itch to go and buy a new one, this ranges from having to change the air freshener to replacing an engine - I just always get itchy and start searching carzone for a bit of value. Anyway I was out for lunch a few weeks back and called into Gerry Cumiskey Motors in Dundalk - I was mooching around looking at an A5 and a Passat CC. I typically wait for a salesman to come to me as I figure if they want to sell then they will notice me and come to me. After all it is a pretty small showroom. Two different salesmen walk past me, look at me, and keep on walking. They repeat the dose as they are walking back across the salesroom - they are not with anyone so i figure they are not interested in selling the cars. I depart.

Roll on two weeks and the starter is threatening to leave me stranded at the Applegreen garage on the M1 clutching a large Costa Coffee and a fruit danish. It finally relents so I get on my way - decide fck it il spend the few quid on the starter. Sitting in work at my desk I call Western Motors in Drogheda, explain my predicament and get put through to a guy who went by the name of Claus in the Service and Parts department. The conversation went like this

C: Helloooo, Claaaus heeere.
                            Me: Hi there, need a starter for a diesel A4, can you give me a price?
                            C: I need chassis number, ok thanks.
                            ME: I dont have it, can you not get it from the reg?
                            C: I need chassis number, ok thanks.
                            Me: alright, il call back shortly.

I forget about it until a few days later (last Friday) when I am out for lunch and decide il chance another call to Gerry Cummiskey Motors. Perhaps il survive without having my chassis number? In I stroll to GC motors, over to the service desk and get told that the Parts/Service manager is out to lunch but they would be happy to take my details and I will get a call in the early afternoon. Well thats great I thought. I am sitting waiting on the call all Friday afternoon...... no call. Monday was a Bank Holiday so they get a push but I am sitting all day Tuesday for the call........ no call.

Tuesday night I locate my chassis number and wednesday morning I speak with Claus and he says he will call me that afternoon. I then decide sure I will chance Gerry Cumiskey Motors again, ring ring, ring ring, ring ring... you are through to the voicemail of.... bollix, hang up and try again It gets answered by the receptionist - tell her my predicament, she transfers me to the service desk, who transfer me to the thus far elusive Service/Parts manager...... Ah Noel, that name is familiar, anyway what can I do for you? Diesel A4, Starter etc... oh you were in on Friday, that piece of paper your details was on must have blown away with a gust of wind and I just found it there 10 minutes ago under the computer, believe it or not (I dont fwiw) I was just about to call you.

So he says one second and I will just put your reg into the system here so I can get your chassis number and we will get this started [At this point Claus is getting evils in my mind for being a lazy cu*t and not extracting the chassis number via the reg]. 'I have my chassis number here' - ok Noel, there are two different types of starters you will have to drop the car in for the lads to check it, then we can order it for you. I figure this is like making progress so I drop the car in on my way for lunch at c. 1pm. I am told the lads are back at 1.30 and it will take them up to 30 mins to see which starter it is - tell them no problem I will be back before 2.

I arrive back at maybe 1.45 (admittedly early) - 'oh the lads took a late lunch in the workshop and wont be back for a little while but they will look at your car once they are back'. At this stage it is pissing rain so I hang around. I again make eyes at the Passat CC and with time to kill I look for a sales rep. I chat him for a few minutes and state my interest - I ask him to run some number on trading in my car, financing the rest etc. He takes all my details, phone number, email etc..... The girl who does the finance isnt in today due to X,Y & Z but il get her to do this first thing in the morning and you will hear from us then. I state that I want to hear from them in the morning, relay that I shouldnt have to contact them, make reference to the starter dilemma. 'No problem Noel, I will look after this one myself and make sure you hear from us early tomorrow'. I leave GC motors at 2.45pm.

So yesterday evening/this morning I do some searching and figure that the car I am interested in is priced really competitively as it has a very very good interior spec etc. I am waiting on the magic email.............. waiting on a phone call.................. waiting............ waiting................ waiting................. waiting.................. waiting.................... waiting..................... At 2.45 I break and call them, look to speak to the same sales rep from yesterday...... Guess what, he has taken a late lunch but he WILL call me as soon as he gets back...

4pm my phone rings, Dont have that for you Noel, yer wan never came in today - I never thought to call you to let you know. The fucker doesnt look like he sold a car since jesus was in short pants but he cant remember to give me a fucking call..... I hang up and bang my head repeatedly off the desk. WABOC's.

cliffs - garages, car salesmen etc etc etc are all absolute useless cu*ts
                            I know a guy who will sort that for you Noel, I'll get him to call you does your number still finish in 770?
                            twitter
                            moneybookers

Comment

IPB Confessions.

Here's something entertaining to do.

Send me a PM of something that you want to admit to doing but don't want it to be attached to your name.

Or just post it yourself if you're brave.

Let's not make it anything too serious.

for example, although I'm male: I have absolutely no idea how the internal combustion engine works. I don't even know what a "head gasket" is, never mind what colour it should be.

Comment

IPB Confessions.

Send me a PM of something that you want to admit to doing but don't want it to be attached to your name.

for example, although I'm male: I have absolutely no idea how the internal combustion engine works. I don't even know what a "head gasket" is, never mind what colour it should be.

I'm fairly sure bbv doesnt do shame.
                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTTwcCVajAc[/ame]
                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Just on reading Noels car woes. I have a story of my own and it is very current

6 weeks ago the car was in the garage for almost 5 days. we had a couple of oil leaks fixed and the rocker cover gasket done. The car had been cutting out at roundabouts etc and was idling really low. This was a common problem with Scenics and he told me to get a certain part to see if it helped as the computers showed no faults.

I paid 350 for all this which I was not happy about but we needed the car as we were heading to Dublin that night. When we left Dublin we got a call to say there was oil on the driveway after we drove off...

SO.. I get the part and my friends boyfriend sticks it in for me. Cost 20 for the lot. He said the engine didnt sound good at all and sounded like we had bent valves or something and the car had been driven with no oil.

He also said there was still an oil leak and he did a full oil change for us. This was about 3 weeks ago.

The car is getting nosier and nosier. And I took it to a few places yesterday as we knew we needed a part of the exhaust changed. Got told the car engine is totally fucked and to trade it in. It really isnt an option right now and we wanted the car to last another year.

Went back to the garage at the end that did the work in the first place and a mechanic took it out with me there beside him. After listening he said it sounded like there were bent valves and when checking the oil level it was running dry again. The final diagnosis was that the crankshaft damaged, valves bent and there is a prob with the camshaft.

Meant to be heading to Dublin tomorrow for the Barry's game and we had my friends boyfriend looking for an engine.

Lets hope that the engine that he is putting in the car tonight/tomorrow goes ok and we get ourselves to Dublin in time. After taking advice we decided not to risk the drive with it as we were told it sounded like it could go anytime.

Think we need our one time here

Comment

Obviously fake, had me going but should have ended it after 60 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                        I'm fairly sure bbv doesnt do shame.
                                        Just imagine what kind of stuff the BBV degens don't want to admit.

Here's one in already

SPOILER
                                        I still occasionally use my VCR machine.

Not necessarily a game, just an experiment in what you don't communicate with the people who you spend alot of time communicating with.

Comment

IPB Confessions.

This some kind of blackmail scheme?
                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                            Its about a 5 min walk to the Vic from paddington.
                                            Damn. Wish I'd known that.

Attention whore imo
                                            Says the man with the tattoos and muscles
                                            My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

This obv
                                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkMvKeX7erI[/ame]
                                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

I love the Passatt CC as well, hopefully will be my next upgrade. My brother had huge trouble getting his car serviced as well, they really can be a joke, he had to go back 3 times due to pure incomptentancy from the mechanic and it's still not ready. He wanted to charge €250 and I told the brother to give him €100 and get the car finished somewhere else. Even that would be too much imo.

I went on a 4x4 driving course with work today, one of the best training courses anyone could ever do!!

Comment

BBV secrets

SPOILER
                                                  I dont know what a tracker mortgage is

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ[/ame]
                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

BBV secrets
                                                      SPOILER
                                                      Msn would get it

Comment

BBV secrets
                                                        SPOILER
                                                        Msn would get it
                                                        That's her sorted Saturday night so...

Comment

I've no willy

[/standard]
                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                            I've no willy

[/standard]
                                                            Neither have I

Comment

The Sky at night is still the best science show on TV after 54 years.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                I've no willy

[/standard]
                                                                Hey, that's my line!
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                                                                  Damn. Wish I'd known that.

Says the man with the tattoos and muscles
                                                                  Couldn't hide the muscles so i got the tattoos to stop the droolers staring

Comment

BBV Secrets
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    I once drunkenly climbed a fence at 2am into a New York state park and had a wank on a bench. I then lost my shoe on the return climb whilst falling into poison ivy.

Comment

BBV Secrets
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      I once drunkenly climbed a fence at 2am into a New York state park and had a wank on a bench. I then lost my shoe on the return climb at 6am whilst falling into poison ivy.
                                                                      FYP
                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Can anyone swap €15 on boyles for stars,( i want boyles)

Comment

‎1 111 3 111 44465 1 111 3 111 43243 1111311144465 865432188

try it on google doodle
                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Today's Google Doodle is amazing. Drag your mouse over the strings.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

BBV secrets
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              Msn would get it
                                                                              Corbett?

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                Can anyone swap €15 on boyles for stars,( i want boyles)
                                                                                You'll need a lot more than that

Comment

try it on google doodle
                                                                                  dont get it?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                                                    dont get it?
                                                                                    king of the hill!
                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

try it on google doodle
                                                                                      Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                      Today's Google Doodle is amazing. Drag your mouse over the strings.
                                                                                      Or type numbers apparently
                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

You'll need a lot more than that
                                                                                        It's all im gonna spend after last nights suck out brigade drained the life outa me .

Comment

king of the hill!
                                                                                          oh dunno that music

Comment

Redemption song should be class on that google yoke
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                              1231
                                                                                              4653
                                                                                              1 235
                                                                                              4321

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                ha, was playing it earlier, ya, strings are just right
                                                                                                or

3735 1715 3735 1715 8

Metallica, one.
                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Did ye 'google' the chords? ahahahahahahha

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Don't hate me!
                                                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

b) He's looking for £110k a week afaik which breaks Arsenal's wage bracket. This is the stumbling block in the future of Arsenal if we're to attract and hold onto the worlds best players

c) I think he'd move abroad after a year

d) It's all nonsense anyway and he'll be signed up by the end of the month and i'll be able to sleep better
                                                                                                    That has to be your inherent and blind Arsenal fan talking.

So United can persuade Nasri to pay £4m and then sign him on a free transfer? Give him a £8m signing on fee and £110k a week over 5 years and it would still work out a lot cheaper than actually paying Arsenal for him or indeed going after another player.

Personally I think d) is the most likely option and that United are being used as a tool to bargain on a new contract, but if Wenger is determined to hold the wage structure then Nasri will either go this year to the highest bidder or will be an unwilling player for a season before going for nothing. Wenger can't risk losing him for nothing so United are a potential option if that's Nasris preference.

It's all in his hands anyway.
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejyxZAUrjxg&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejyxZAUrjxg&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

I am now the proud owner of a HTC sensation and wow what can I say its well.....sensational!
                                                                                                        Now gillian I have to agree you right all along, just drag and drop movies and music straight onto phone !!! wow

Apple are dirt in comparasion

now saddled with a 60 euro bill every month ugh!!! lol
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

what happened the iphone msn?
                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Nice tweet

"If MUFC bid for Nasri , Arsenal should counter with a bid for Howard Webb."

Comment

what happened the iphone msn?
                                                                                                              working perfectly, except the most important thing the wifi, i had it sent away but it cant be fixed.

I rang apple they said As its water damaged i can have a new one for 200 quid so im going with that and himself wants it!
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                I am now the proud owner of a HTC sensation and wow what can I say its well.....sensational!
                                                                                                                Now gillian I have to agree you right all along, just drag and drop movies and music straight onto phone !!! wow

Apple are dirt in comparasion

What happened to your phone? did you get my chat message earlier lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  What happened to your phone? did you get my chat message earlier lol
                                                                                                                  my sim is not activated yet so if u sent it to phone, i wouldnt have got it!
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Heard David O'Doherty on the radio early. Is he John O'Shea's identical voice twin?

Comment

my sim is not activated yet so if u sent it to phone, i wouldnt have got it!
                                                                                                                      Sent it to facebook! So what made you change to HTC? I did tell you they were the business

Comment

got an htc desire a couple of months back for 25 a month and for a year. is the sensation an upgrade from the desire?

Comment

Gooners...... Clichy to Liverpool 5mill????

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X