• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
    Nasri to United?
    if true, Arsenal fans would be right to be furious
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

by the way, do I see that the Aquarium has sneakily withdrawn its 4k guarantee for tonight's game?

Comment

Oh wow. Would be so sick to see Nasri at United. He is such a cracking player.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
          Oh wow. Would be so sick to see Nasri at United. He is such a cracking player.
          Nasri and Young on the same day would be mega

Comment

Young for 20 mil is laughable. Guy is still ridiculously overrated.
            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              Any of you BBV degens heading to the SE for the 2nd thursday of the month game??
              May head in to play some cash after cos going for a few drinks in town later, I'll be the value at that table if it happens

Comment

Nasri to Utd has to be bullshit shirley? Wenger's past frugality would surely then have to be seen as unambition rather than sticking to his principles?
                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                  Ha Thanks. I enjoyed it myself. I knew there was little chance he was going to fold (he never does really) which made it so appealing-like cheering home a 10-1 shot who somehow has got into the mix in the home straight, a nice sweat.

Cash game was bananas aswell,managed to hold for two four figure pots and still not book a huge win on the night!
                  where was this game held ?
                  thanks

Comment

I reckon Nasri is only silly twitter rumours but I still love the idea. He'd be so good for United in CM.

Young, I dont think he is overrated at the minute. Hes been pretty quiet for a while now. Obv when he hits form he is 'OMG worlds best winger/Striker/Cm' because he's english but hes a very decent signing and Fergie has a penchant for getting it spot on with wingers.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Nasiri out of contract obviously?

Comment

Yeah Nasri is out of contract at the end of next year I think. Wenger wont want him going like Flamini did so its a possibility and if Nasri wants it, Wenger will have to find a way to make it work. Still... it just doesnt seem likely.

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
                          where was this game held ?
                          thanks
                          Crackpot

Comment

Yeah Nasri is out of contract at the end of next year I think. Wenger wont want him going like Flamini did so its a possibility and if Nasri wants it, Wenger will have to find a way to make it work. Still... it just doesnt seem likely.

If I was wenger I would let him rot in the reserves for a year before selling him to Arsenals biggest rivals. It would be crazy by Wenger to let him go to United.

Comment

Nasri is just twitter rubbish.
                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                If I was wenger I would let him rot in the reserves for a year before selling him to Arsenals biggest rivals. It would be crazy by Wenger to let him go to United.
                                Sell him for free or get £15m? Easy choice

Comment

I reckon Nasri is only silly twitter rumours but I still love the idea. He'd be so good for United in CM.

Young, I dont think he is overrated at the minute. Hes been pretty quiet for a while now. Obv when he hits form he is 'OMG worlds best winger/Striker/Cm' because he's english but hes a very decent signing and Fergie has a penchant for getting it spot on with wingers.
                                  Young has been pretty poor for villa the past two seasons imo. He's ineffective playing behind the front man, and he doesn't like playing out wide.

Also has a tendency to try the same trick too many times (step over and then a cut inside) every full back in the premiership knows it at this stage.
                                  His redeeming feature is that he has decent set piece delivery.

While undoubtedly Ferguson will get more out of him then previous managers, I still don't think he will be worth the 20mil that is being bandied about.
                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

just going to plunge on Mairead McGuinness for our next president @ 11\1

anyone care to dissuade me?

Comment

Nasri I like although a bit like Modric in front of goal at times unfortunately (ie misses more than hits) Hopefully he can provide some assists. Young is an overrated rafalike signing. These players will not take United anyway near Barca. Think again Fergie. I like Jones. Has anyone come in for Adel Taarabt , young 21 yr old, player of the championship last season.(QPR) He will be something that fellow. Pity he is a moody fecker.

Comment

Not really the way it works though. IF he wants to leave, he holds all the power.

but like rasta said, twitter rubbish.

Comment

Home Final for Leinster the year after next...nice!

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post

If he wants to leave he can go abroad, otherwise he can put his feet up and rest for a year.

Not really the way it works though. IF he wants to leave, he holds all the power.

but like rasta said, twitter rubbish.

Fergie didn't let Heinze move to Liverpool, rightfully so and I'd expect Wenger to be the exact same.

Comment

I now live in Dublin

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                I now live in Dublin
                                                My deepest and sincerest condolences

Comment

The GF got me tickets to the Ireland v England and Ireland v France Internationals in August

wp her imo

Comment

If he wants to leave he can go abroad, otherwise he can put his feet up and rest for a year.

Fergie didn't let Heinze move to Liverpool, rightfully so and I'd expect Wenger to be the exact same.
                                                    Yeah but Heinze had more then 12 months left on his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Won't get the nomination.

Even if she gets the nomination people won't want another woman after 21 years.

Michael D Higgins has a higher profile and is more popular.

All the negative David Norris stuff is being got out of the way early - we won't be able to resist electing Europes first gay president to show how mature we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                        I now live in Dublin
                                                        Congrats on moving to civilisation.

Now, are you living

a) Northside
                                                        b) between the canals
                                                        c) southside.

Options a and B are acceptable.
                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Give me your money instead I'd make better use of it

She's got no hope. She stands in fromnt of the people she'll be exposed for the know nothing self serving fraud she is ... Oh Wait aren't those just the kind of qualities almost guaranteed to get you elected in Ireland.

Ugh! she is a thoroughly nasty person, I know this from personal experience. Can't be having her at all. Surely if Edna wants Pat Cox Edna gets Pat Cox?
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yup. He did. Wengers also been burnt by this before AND cant afford to effectively lose Nasri (be it through rotting in the reserves or leaving) for free. Especially when his squad needs strengthening in other places.

But like has been said. Pipe dream most likely.

Comment

Oh and LOL@ some of the other creatures coming out of the wood pile

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                The GF got me tickets to the Ireland v England and Ireland v France Internationals in August

wp her imo
                                                                Genuine lol, i thought you were of the fruity variety the way your portrayed around here. Many sorrys

Comment

True. But if you told Nasiri he can do nothing for a year and sign for whoever he wants or else he can go to a club abroad which do you think he would pick?

edit: or else sell him to Liverpool, at least we aren't title rivals.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

All the negative David Norris stuff is being got out of the way early - we won't be able to resist electing Europes first gay president to show how mature we are.
                                                                    I think you're overestimating (a) the liberality of the average Irish voter (in relation to Norris) and (b) the 'mna na hEireann' factor. If MMcG gets the FG nomination, I think she'd be the outright favourite to scoop.

but yeah the big danger is that she won't get the FG nomination, Cox has just applied for FG membership. So I'm more interested in this market now. You should read up on how FG nominate their presidential candidate - it's very much a grass roots choice as opposed to dictation from the top. MMcG is very popular within the party whereas Coxer ran for FF at one stage. Your average FG party member won't stomach him.

I'm splitting my stake and putting 75% on MMcG at 4s to get the FG nomination and the rest at 11s to win outright.

Comment

True. But if you told Nasiri he can do nothing for a year and sign for whoever he wants or else he can go to a club abroad which do you think he would pick?
                                                                      Those options wont ever be put forward though...

Wenger, rightly or wrongly, is under a fair bit of pressure. Letting one of the clubs better players sit in the reserves with a view to leaving on a free in 12 months to whoever (and if it United he wants to go to, why not make htem pay now as opposed to free) wont go down well with either fans or board.

Getting 15-20mill and pledging to strengthen the squad properly would be a smart move.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                        Went baby swimming this moring. Was the only male in attendance. Was the only under 40 (infants aside) in attendance. Alpha male.
                                                                        Cougars FTW
                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Give me your money instead I'd make better use of it

She's got no hope. She stands in fromnt of the people she'll be exposed for the know nothing self serving fraud she is ... Oh Wait aren't those just the kind of qualities almost guaranteed to get you elected in Ireland.

Ugh! she is a thoroughly nasty person, I know this from personal experience. Can't be having her at all. Surely if Edna wants Pat Cox Edna gets Pat Cox?
                                                                          Give me 5/1 so

Comment

by the way, Iceland beat us to the punch on the whole 'first gay leader' thing

although Norris seems like far more craic

dirty Prod too which would count against him

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

or to show how stupid we are, by voting him in just in case we do something politically incorrect.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                                Genuine lol, i thought you were of the fruity variety the way your portrayed around here. Many sorrys
                                                                                wtf?? I'll have to straigthen my act up

Comment

I think you are wrong about MMcG's popularity in FG, anyone who knows her hates her.

If DN plays his cards right we could be forced to vote him in , whether we like him or not, in order not to let nasty vermin like Helen Lucy Burke and the whole Sindo agenda have their way.

How much 5/1 do you want?

Comment

Wenger, rightly or wrongly, is under a fair bit of pressure. Letting one of the clubs better players sit in the reserves with a view to leaving on a free in 12 months to whoever (and if it United he wants to go to, why not make htem pay now as opposed to free) wont go down well with either fans or board.

Getting 15-20mill and pledging to strengthen the squad properly would be a smart move.

It would go down better with fans then selling him to United imo. Also, it's not like Arsenal are hard up for money so I doubt that will be a pressing matter. If he was available for free then more clubs would be in for him so increases his chances of not going to United too.

Comment

How much 5/1 do you want?
                                                                                      a ton at 5s would be perfect

Comment

a ton at 5s would be perfect
                                                                                        I'll give you 20

Comment

My prediction is he will buy 19 young soon to be superstars. Most likely French speaking and not bother strengthening the team. This will however lead to a great team in 3\4 or a more vague number of years that he will now start building towards.
                                                                                          My prediction is that RVP and Fab will get injured and mid table it is next season - enjoy

Comment

I'll give you 20
                                                                                            seriously? thought I was lowballing with the ton opening offer

Comment

if true, Arsenal fans would be right to be furious
                                                                                              That doesn't even begin to describe it..

The story has been doing the rounds for a while now. Think it first came out back in April, but it's not something i cans see happening. As for Rasta's comment, easy choice is sell for free so i presume that's what you mean? Whatever hope we have of catching United, it disappears if we sell Nasri to them. £15m for him is an insult. I think it was £12 Arsenal paid. He was good then, but he's twice the player now. He wouldn't exactly rot in the reserves but i'm be more than happily to let him leave out of contract than get £15m from United for him.

Arsenal are after Benzema and Madrid also want Nasri. I'd prefer a swap deal if he was going to go. Like most Arsenal fans, it'd be disgusting to see Nasri in a United jersey. Here's a quote from back in May

With rumours circulating last week that Sir Alex is a long-standing admirer of Nasri, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger replied by saying: "We have a financial disagreement which hasn't yet been settled, we are still in discussions but we haven't agreed a deal... But, one thing's for sure: We're not selling him to United !"

The French International - who has made 22 appearances for his nation - has other ideas... "I don't know if I will sign a new contract (beyond the current 2012 deal). Anyway the discussions are ongoing, but at the moment I don't think about this. We will speak about it after the (Euro 2012 Qualifier) match with Poland. Do I want to go to Manchester United ?... First, we should see if it's real and if it is concrete."

The ball is in Wengers court

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                              Nasri I like although a bit like Modric in front of goal at times unfortunately (ie misses more than hits) Hopefully he can provide some assists.
                                                                                              I don't agree. I think he's fantastic in front of goal and very composed

£25 million and they can't really say no. I think once he's out of contract, the package that a Milan/Madrid/Barcelona can offer in terms of wages and signing on fee would dwarf United hopefully and send him on his way.

I just think it's a ploy tho to try and get a better contract at Arsenal. He could also be waiting to see what happens with Fabregas. Clichy is our most likely export considering he almost looks like he definitely won't sign a new contract.

The thought of Nasri leaving makes me sad

Comment

Fucks sake. First euro bank crisis, first gay president, more people who believe in Faries and Leprauchans. They really do everything we do a little quicker and better.

Comment

by the way, do I see that the Aquarium has sneakily withdrawn its 4k guarantee for tonight's game?
                                                                                                  That 2nd Thursday of the month was never guaranteed, they did reduce the normal Thursday guarantee from €2000 to €1500

Originally posted by Zod View Post

Now, are you living

a) Northside
                                                                                                  b) between the canals
                                                                                                  c) southside.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    what is this 5/1 on MMcG to get the FG nomination?
                                                                                                    yes

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      what is this 5/1 on MMcG to get the FG nomination?
                                                                                                      LOL

Comment

yes
                                                                                                        No

OK I see your post about 11/1 now

I was wondering if you'd had a dose of the stupids or what

Sorry.
                                                                                                        where is the 4/1 for the FG Nomination ? sounds about right.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 09-06-11, 14:52.

Comment

No

Way to wriggle outta it
                                                                                                          of course it is, she's 4/1 on PP to get the nomination

11/1 to win outright

did you really think I'd be pushing to get 5s on an 11/1 shot?

Comment

WOW -Seriously!!!

Dear Mr X

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.
                                                                                                            As your account is registered in the Republic of Ireland, you will need to contact our Customer Services team direct on 0818 719 819
                                                                                                            Please have your relevant information available when you contact us such as your address, account number, viewing card number, and any password on the account.

Kind regards

May

Sky Help Centre

Discover Sky packages for TV, broadband & mobile including Glass - the new streaming TV with Sky Inside. Login to manage your My Sky account & more.

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Enquiry Type:

Cancel Sky TV
                                                                                                            Description:

I tried ringing 0818 719 819 to cancel the package this evening, despite holding for a total of nearly 40 mins nobody answered, of course when I redialled and pressed another option I was put through straight away, ye are a bloody joke and I am fuming. account no xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On a brighter note eventually got through, free Sky HD+ box and half price subs for 3 moths then subs at 70% for another 3 months.

Comment

11/1 to win outright

I was looking outside to see if there were any pigs flying by ...

Comment

I was looking outside to see if there were any pigs flying by ...
                                                                                                                so....that would be a no then?

no worries, I will invest with PP anyway. The FG nomination will be done quickly so not much long-term sweatage.

I think Norris has zero chance fwiw

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

Now, are you living

a) Northside
                                                                                                                  b) between the canals
                                                                                                                  c) southside.

I'm living in Sandyford for the next two or three months, then into Rathmines/Ranalagh/Harold's Cross area after that.

hatersgonnahate.jpg

Comment

11/1 to win outright

What's more bemusing is that he try to bargain you down on the stake

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      he's old and thus easily confused

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        Didn't want to be accused of taking advantage of the mentally feeble, I was going to give him his stake back and pocket the profit for LOL's

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

The ball is in Wengers court
                                                                                                                          Far from it. As Nasri will be in the last year of his contract soon, (if he'#s not already) Due to the Webhster Ruling (and the fact that the contract was for 3 years or more) he has the right to buy out the remainder of his contract then sign for whoever he likes.

So the options are

a) Arsenal offer him what he thinks he's worth for a new contract (if he even wants to stay at Arsenal)
                                                                                                                          b) Arsenal don't offer his what's he's worth, he buys out his contract (which will be worth significantly less than 15 million) and goes to United this summer
                                                                                                                          c) He remains with Arsenal for a year and goes to United next summer.
                                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X