Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liverpool are 12/1 to win the Premier League next year. For those of you who don't understand odds, that means if you bet €20 on Liverpool to win next year you will
    SPOILER
    lose €20

Comment

Originally posted by Bubble King Nine View Post
      K9 ball is teh new nuts
      Shove or fold pre.

Comment

Downloaded Boyles to the work comp, was setting up an account to transfer cash for the Heads up cup. Get it running, but it can't connect to server.

Tried after work in an internet cafe, download, see tables (therefore connected to server right), but can't sign up.

Use friends laptop with 3G - shite connection but get it up and make an account.
        Try to transfer with MoneyBookers - tells me I have zero in MBs. WTF??

Support tell me to try the sports site as they are having a problem with the server.
        Throught the sports site I open MBs - Try to log on, I can never remember my passord for here as they force to to change every now and again. Anyway, I try the 3 I think it might be and I lock the account. Password retrivial time.

Instead of sending my a password like a normal site they email me a link.
        I click the link. anf they now want to text message me a code. Except its an old number. I can change the number, but not the international country code. Contact support.
        Now refuse to discuss unless I send passport.

Boyles contact, I can't deposit until I send them a passport now either.

Why do they make shit so complicated.

Comment

Actually, could somebody do me a favour and recieve that SMS for me, might stop the headache

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
            Actually, could somebody do me a favour and recieve that SMS for me, might stop the headache
            I have a mb a/c wit my number regged to it. If this won't affect it I'll receive the SMS for ya dude

Comment

that flick called shutter on rte2 is fucken freaky, doesnt help that i have the lights off

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                that flick called shutter on rte2 is fucken freaky, doesnt help that i have the lights off
                That blonde burd is pretty hawt too

Comment

I can do that for you if you want.
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                    That blonde burd is pretty hawt too
                    only reason im still watching it, id bang the ghostie wan too if she would only smile and stop freaken me out

Comment

Comment

On the FT of the 1.5k 6max on paddy if anyone fancies a rail. 3/6 atm, sn hannonball

Comment

Originally posted by I'm_not_folding... View Post
                          On the FT of the 1.5k 6max on paddy if anyone fancies a rail. 3/6 atm, sn hannonball
                          GL sir

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                            I have a mb a/c wit my number regged to it. If this won't affect it I'll receive the SMS for ya dude
                            i wouldn't want to risk it jsut in case. It'd 99.9% be fine, but you'd never know
                            Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                            I can do that for you if you want.
                            Thanks EE, could you PM me you mob number, if you have it reg'd to your MB account that maybe leave it.
                            I'm sure it would be fine, but its just not worth risking it given my luck with it lately

Comment

Thanks EE, could you PM me you mob number, if you have it reg'd to your MB account that maybe leave it.
                              I'm sure it would be fine, but its just not worth risking it given my luck with it lately
                              pm sent
                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Just arrived at the airport a little while thank god for tethering on the HTC with its Wi-Fi hot spot

Obviously I am a flying noob, buy a bottle of Sprite for €2.25 and walk into the security "sorry you can't bring that in" ah bollox also got off at Terminal 2 turns out I have to go to Terminal 1 I am disaster

The aul nerves seemed to have calmed down somewhat phew
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Good thing that Terminal 1 and 2 at Dublin Airport are so close, you wouldn't want to make that mistake in many other airports.

Where are you off to Danny?
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by I'm_not_folding... View Post
                                    HU now

edit: 2nd
                                    Last edited by I'm not folding...; 11-05-11, 04:17.

Comment

Anyone else watching UK The Apprentice?

Have a feeling its gonna be a cracker this year.

Comment

Watched it a little while ago. An awful lot of wankers in it, lol.

Comment

€125m Euromillions draw on Friday, ship ship.
                                          Will buy this place the biggest server the world has ever seen...

Comment

Randomly decided to give up the fags Sunday night, not sure if I actually really wanted to give them up or was just to lazy to walk up to the shop that night and get another 20.

Was going strong until about half an hour ago when I got a serious urge for one. Said fuck it I'll walk up to the little shop up the road and get 20 and a hot chicken roll. Got me roll and bottle of lucozade anyway and went to the counter only for yer one to tell me they had none as the shops closing down at the end of the week and their out of stock. Took that as a sign to stay off them tbh

Gonna miss the little shop though, it's the closest one to me.
                                            Last edited by davepoke/her; 11-05-11, 07:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                              These guys are making a small fortune.
                                              I saw a dwarf getting pick pocketed once.

How could anyone stoop so low

Comment

Handy site with all the daily deals on one page.

Comment

stealing private savings is now no longer a criminal offence apparently

only a mere 60 times bigger than the Northern Bank job too, those IRA lads are rank amateurs
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Stolen from Gimmeabreak's Facebook

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3wt3YKnGI0&[/ame]
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

OK, back on the auld sod now. What did I miss the last 10 days in here? Anything useful?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        stealing private savings is now no longer a criminal offence apparently

only a mere 60 times bigger than the Northern Bank job too, those IRA lads are rank amateurs
                                                        What's all this about?
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Site was falling apart without you Dom
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            What's all this about?
                                                            If you have saved for your pension you have just been mugged for 2.4% of it value by the government so that we can send people on courses that won't qualify them for anything useful but massage the figures so that it won't appear to the Germans that we are paying nearly half a million people over €200 a week or 65% of the minimum wage for not working.

Of course when they promise that they will not extend or expand this 'one time' theft we all believe them , right.

Fair play to the Labour Party for being consistent to their core principals of punishing the productive sector of society.

Comment

Site was falling apart without you Dom
                                                              Hopefully by the use of the word 'was' it is ok now?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                Hopefully by the use of the word 'was' it is ok now?
                                                                Hard to be sure it seems a little sluggish this morning.

There have been a lot of problems with redirects to other sites and slow loading. Last few days it was getting progressively worse, reports are that it improved overnight after many calls to support.

Comment

I am now the proud owner of 0.02% of The Tony G in the upcoming WPT Bellagio 25k event.
                                                                  Sent him a message wishing him good luck.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  OK, back on the auld sod now. What did I miss the last 10 days in here? Anything useful?
                                                                  My unofficial birthday.

Comment

I had a Roundersesque moment yesterday in Dunnes.

Went in to get 3 cases of 24 small bottles of 7up/Coke. Got my trolley and threw in a lime and a head of cabbage first. They didn't have cases of small minerals, only cans and I wasn't going to get 70 individual bottles so I decided to leave it.

It was only when I was queueing up to pay that I could see everyone looking at me with this big trolley with a lime and cabbage the only things in it. I was too mean to dump it and lose my €1.

I got to the til and the very good looking Polish girl was giving me strange looks. Course I tried to explain but she wasn't understanding the culchie accent. She gave me the nicest "Ah you poor thing, are you mentally challenged look".

Embarrassing to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Hard to be sure it seems a little sluggish this morning.

There have been a lot of problems with redirects to other sites and slow loading. Last few days it was getting progressively worse, reports are that it improved overnight after many calls to support.
                                                                      Ya, just trying to catch up on some of that stuff now. Still seems slow alright.

Comment

If you have saved for your pension you have just been mugged for 2.4% of it value by the government so that we can send people on courses that won't qualify them for anything useful but massage the figures so that it won't appear to the Germans that we are paying nearly half a million people over €200 a week or 65% of the minimum wage for not working.

Of course when they promise that they will not extend or expand this 'one time' theft we all believe them , right.

Fair play to the Labour Party for being consistent to their core principals of punishing the productive sector of society.
                                                                        good job I never saved so

Comment

just back from a 3 mile walk , and came across this on my ipod, great tune!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N5RZj2KRlc&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N5RZj2KRlc&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Irish economy set to grow 2% this year.
                                                                            Ship ship, take that doom merchants.

Comment

If you have saved for your pension you have just been mugged for 2.4% of it value by the government.
                                                                              actually the negative effect on your final pension is far more than that

this is part of the reason I've been telling people to get their cash out, if they can unilaterally seize one form of private savings then they can quite easily do it to another (e.g. bank accounts)

saving to provide for myself in my old age, what sort of a fucking idiot am I?

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                Irish economy set to grow 2% this year.
                                                                                Ship ship, take that doom merchants.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/Iri...751757673.html
                                                                                ah yeah, the ESRI who have got absolutely everything wrong over the last number of years

we're saved

I'll stick with the IMF forecast thanks

Comment

ah yeah, the ESRI who have got absolutely everything wrong over the last number of years

we're saved

Comment

just tell me where to stick my Eurovision saver now that I have done the main loots on Bosnia

Comment

Lithuania's Disneyesque entry looks pretty bankable for top 5 imo.
                                                                                      Finland/Iceland good shouts too

Comment

I have no idea, I have a terrible record at betting.
                                                                                        Germany to finish top 10 at 1.80 seems like value to me. I'm too broke online to put any real money on it.

Comment

we're saved

Using my straight-line estimation methods I'd say we're looking at -10% GDP growth this year, sorry lads.

Comment

Lithuania's Disneyesque entry looks pretty bankable for top 5
                                                                                            It's 320/1 to win and 20/1 for top 5.

Could be a nice scoop for you.

Comment

just tell me where to stick my Eurovision saver now that I have done the main loots on Bosnia
                                                                                              Free money

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YOcbjWgEpg[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                                I still have no idea how she does that trick.

Would be interested to see what place in the running order each winner has had over the years. I'd compile I'd say getting all that info could be a nightmare.

Edit: It exists...
                                                                                                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 11-05-11, 11:03.

Comment

Can we not just give Germany 12 points and call it quits?
                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

ship

Comment

Just arrived awhile ago have to say the place is very nice sun is beaming damn I forgot my shades and shorts!

Flight was grand landing was very bumpy all those spanners clapping at the end, have to say I am a little disappointed that there was no snakes on the plane

Bomber & Vinny were on the same flight as me, met up with Mike and BigBadPat so far, little wrecked might try and catch a nap. Memory card on my phone seems to be full so when I break out the proper camera I will throw up a few bits.

Feel like a bit of a hobo in the hotel did see a lizard go flying across when we were sitting outside having a drink kinda like wtf

All in all its good
                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I've gone back as far as 1980.

The winning song has been in the first half of the show 8 times out of 31 and in the second half 22 times out of 31.

In the last 20% - 12 times (38.70%)
                                                                                                        In the last 25% - 14 times (45.16%)
                                                                                                        In the last 30% - 16 times (51.61%
                                                                                                        In the final third of the context - 18 times (58.06%)

The average winning position is 14.38 from an average field of 22.70.
                                                                                                        This year has 25 finalists which puts the average winning position at 15.83.

Jury voting came in fully in 1998 (and now in some/all? countries there is a mixture of jury and txt voting) however it doesn't appear to make a big difference.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 11-05-11, 12:00.

Comment

ship
                                                                                                          Cliffs

Comment

Oops, looks like the page is lost. Start your website on the cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                              Just arrived at the airport a little while thank god for tethering on the HTC with its Wi-Fi hot spot

Obviously I am a flying noob, buy a bottle of Sprite for €2.25 and walk into the security "sorry you can't bring that in" ah bollox also got off at Terminal 2 turns out I have to go to Terminal 1 I am disaster

The aul nerves seemed to have calmed down somewhat phew
                                                                                                              Have you flown before Danny?

Comment

Just to put some thoughts down on the 2.4% pension plan raid.

Firstly there is a big difference between a levy on a lifetime of past savings and the public service pension levy which relates only to future service only and is effectively an additional employee contribution towards a valuable future pension promise (i.e. a public service employee has the choice to not pay the levy by leaving their job and going elsewhere with no impact on their past service pension promise.

The bullshit about the pensions being cut for current public service pensioners ignores the fact that their pensions should have been cut even more as their pension is supposedly pegged to the salary grade which they retired from. Since the salaries at all public service grades fell more then the 4% average pension in payment cut in 2011 you have the obscene situation where public service pensioners enjoyed increases in line with grade inflation and benchmarking and only had to give back 4% so far.

However, all of the above arguments are a complete smokescreen.

Take a typical private sector DB plan. Firstly no matter what the rules of the scheme it is 99%* likely to be worse then the public sector DB promise (*weighted by membership not by scheme as there are a few small exec DB schemes which may be better but that's not typical for most people).

If the scheme has liabilities as follows on the minimum funding standard basis

Pensions currently in payment €50m
                                                                                                                Deferred members €50m
                                                                                                                Active members €50m
                                                                                                                Future pension increases €50m

Total liabilities on an MFS basis is €200m

Please note the MFS basis is generally lower then the true likely cost of the liabilities (this depends on the profile of the scheme but in the example above it could be as much as €100m below the likely true liabilities if the pension scheme was to continue over the long run and not be immediately wound up). Most DB schemes currently in existence won't actually pay out the promise to current active/deferred employees over their entire lifetime but thats another matter.

Lets say the assets in this mythical scheme are €100m

Pensions in payment are paid first on windup. Therefore the transfer value for active and deferred members non increasing pension liability is 50% covered. The coverage for future pension increases are zero and very unlikely to be met in the future.

A funding proposal combining increased employer/employee contributions and a reduction in future and/or past pension promises is also being put in place or has been put in place. In the meantime the company standing behind the scheme is laying people off and cutting salaries etc to survive.

Now the government is suggesting that because they have performed a small cut in salaries to the PS (typically offset by people continuing to enjoy rises up the grade points) and they don't fancy cutting them anymore they are going to dip into the pockets of these people on their knees and take €2.4m.

As a result the coverage on windup at any point for the active and deferred members drops to 45.2% on an MFS basis. Pensions in payment still enjoy first call on the assets.

Just to spell out what that means.

I have accrued a pension promise of €10,000 from age 65 in this mythical scheme. I hope to earn more pension in the future.

My pension promise on a long term basis is perhaps worth 100k (depends on age, sex, type of pension etc etc)

On an MFS transfer value basis its worth 65k (load of bollix that the pensions board/sai have a lot to answer for).

That 65k is split between a level pension and future pension increases. lets say its split 40k/25k.

Therefore if the scheme wound up in the morning (pretty likely at anytime now). I'd get 50% of 40k before yesterdays jobs initiative or 20k. A long way short of the DB promise of 100k I thought I had but thanks to mathematical mumbo jumbo and the complexity of pensions something the average punter doesn't even understand!

Now following the pensions raid if the scheme winds up today I get 45.2% of 40k or 18.1k and generally a scheme wind up coincides with me losing my job or taking a huge paycut.

And yet all I'm hearing about is the unions and govt bleating about the poor PS. Where are the f**king riots???? Why are private sector employees still paying their union dues for the privilege of being raped???

Sorry for the figures and the complex rant. It's just absolutely disgusting.
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Cliffs
                                                                                                                  can't say but was preferable to walking around the corner and doing a fist pump

I will update you in person whenever we next share the same space of felt

Comment

actually the negative effect on your final pension is far more than that

this is part of the reason I've been telling people to get their cash out, if they can unilaterally seize one form of private savings then they can quite easily do it to another (e.g. bank accounts)

saving to provide for myself in my old age, what sort of a fucking idiot am I?
                                                                                                                    The raid on DC plans isn't nearly so bad in a lot of ways but yet absolutely disgusting.

Basically DC plan members have been raped and DB plan members are getting it up the ass repeatedly. And yet the union leadership will still say "DB plan good, DC plan bad" due to their financial illiteracy.

What really scares me is that they can't even work this out and yet they think they should have a say in getting the country out of the mess it's in. GTFO.
                                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                      Basically DC plan members have been raped and DB plan members are getting it up the ass repeatedly. And yet the union leadership will still say "DB plan good, DC plan bad" due to their financial illiteracy.

What really scares me is that they can't even work this out and yet they think they should have a say in getting the country out of the mess it's in. GTFO.
                                                                                                                      sure when you're pulling down over 200 large p.a. as as union boss, why on earth would you have any connection to reality?

Mrs Duke informed me last night that she resigned from her union. I have made a convert!

Comment

sure when you're pulling down over 200 large p.a. as as union boss, why on earth would you have any connection to reality?

Mrs Duke informed me last night that she resigned from her union. I have made a convert!
                                                                                                                        Lets not get me started on the idiocy of union leaders and the people who pay for them and elect them. I'm trying to have a nice day here. Plus I've given up trying to save people it feels a lot like educating people at the poker tables. Retarded in the extreme.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                          Really was excellent !!! Loving it, cant get the wife into it though, although i may have started a spark with her with Breaking Bad...what is it with chicks, their drama has to have happy endings all the time, bloke that gets his bird to watch The Wire is some man !!

My missus loves GOT, have to keep pausing it and explaining bits though

Got her into The Wire too, we're on our second run of it.

Actually, if you're having a little trouble taking everything in, the Game of Thrones homepage is pretty cool. The episode synopses' are worth reading.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X