This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radio comedy series

I'd imagine this would mostly be aimed at the Hotspur/SP etc end of the comedy market in this place (& any pro/failed/aspiring writers )

but

comedy series on BBC radio,bit of an underground hit by all accounts, popular with comedians et all

seems to be getting a re-run on BBC iPlayer/Radio4 (radio stuff plays in Ireland)

I've only heard some later series and it's very good imo

Story of a grumpy auld bollix of a professional writer, his hatred for the absolute shite he has to write to pay the bills and his rants at the world

Last edited by Guest; 08-04-11, 02:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
      I'd imagine this would mostly be aimed at the Hotspur/SP etc end of the comedy market in this place (& any pro/failed/aspiring writers )

but

comedy series on BBC radio,bit of an underground hit by all accounts, popular with comedians et all

seems to be getting a re-run on BBC iPlayer/Radio4 (radio stuff plays in Ireland)

I've only heard some later series and it's very good imo

Story of a grumpy auld bollix of a professional writer, his hatred for the absolute shite he has to write to pay the bills and his rants at the world

*starts a couple of minutes in (radio stuff is very loosely cut on the iPlayer)
      Cool bananas, will give a listen in the morning !
      This too shall pass.

Comment

my fav band of all time are up to sumthing again
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rBa5qp9sUOY

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
          Also, dont forget, and i quote " I love the head tore off me"
          Would be a quick way to lose weight.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Wonder has it been done...

SPOILER
            basic story, guy near the end of his life, has some regrets, gets the opertunity by some secret mega rich corp to do it all over again, limitless type thing, maybe better this time...he may know he has gone back, may not, not sure, maybe to a specific cross roads in his life, maybe from birth, no interuption to space time crap explained etc.

Does he make it better, does he make it worse, maybe he doesnt realise and is given the opertunity again and again till he gets it right, all science, no god, with a bit of philosophy thrown in.

Just my wine thoughts, at least this way i will remember in the morning...lol
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              The woman who spoke today's name was clearly mentioned on the tape, and has a profile for various activist organisations in the country.

Good luck to a journalist tracking the other woman down though.
              The woman who spoke today, whose name was on the tape. Didn't she release her own name by releasing the tape? If not her directly, one of her associates.

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
              just one thing before i head to bed........ Emmet whats with the fuckin "MOMS" thing, we live in ireland not fucking america.

We are
              SPOILER
              "We live in ireland not fucking america"

[IMG]american poster[/IMG]

Comment

From todays new york times

"The new Commodore 64, which will begin shipping at the end of the month, has been souped up for the modern age. It comes with a 1.8 gigahertz dual-core processor, an optional Blu-ray player and built-in ethernet and HDMI ports. It runs the Linux operating system but the company says you can install Windows if you like. The new Commodore is priced between $250 to $900."

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/0...-old-exterior/

lol...they musta done their online market research on bbv a couple o weeks back!
                Attached Files

Comment

Is there anyway to check you previosu multiple bets on betfair.

Betting history is only showing singles
                  Curent bets shows multis but not settled ones

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post

"The new Commodore 64, which will begin shipping at the end of the month, has been souped up for the modern age. It comes with a 1.8 gigahertz dual-core processor, an optional Blu-ray player and built-in ethernet and HDMI ports. It runs the Linux operating system but the company says you can install Windows if you like. The new Commodore is priced between $250 to $900."

lol...they musta done their online market research on bbv a couple o weeks back!
                    They could have upgraded how it looks tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                      They could have upgraded how it looks tbh.
                      presume thats the point of it, they're goin for the retro look, trust me twill be all the rage in san fran+tokyo

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        Is there anyway to check you previosu multiple bets on betfair.

Betting history is only showing singles
                        Curent bets shows multis but not settled ones

betfair history is so so bad...pen and paper ftw !
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                          Have to say I am really looking forward to this next week fingers crossed its not a massive dud, really did like the first one just recently watched the trilogy to get me back up to speed on them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5TsZ6iyaH4
                          No interest in the Scream franchise but I heartily endorse the casting of Hayden Panettiere, she is one tight little hottie:

Comment

When they bring out a CPC464 ill bite....commodore was the apple of its day, Amstrad was the Android...
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I've never had problem with the history before, just multiples, although i hate the way there is no view all option, grouping it my settled/matched/unmatched can be useful but its annoying at times

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                No interest in the Scream franchise but I heartily endorse the casting of Hayden Panettiere, she is one tight little hottie:

The black leather gear in the flash forwards !!!
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  Hey, lets talk about this
                                  Participating in the sacrement of marriage before sex is sick in my eyes and something that has only been done by some priests in recent times

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                  dublin for the weekend, if anyones about for beers fri/sat night gimme a shout. I believe theres an erdinger event in Porterhouse, possible free beers...
                                  Free drink in Portlaoise for the weekend. It's closer than dublin

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                  interesting blog about the use of hypnosis in a scientific study into reversing synaesthesia

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/bl...nce-psychology
                                  Cool you should pm it to zuutroy, he loves that sort of thing

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                  Whats wrong with a multiquote?
                                  Nothing, obv.
                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

God, poker can be a big fat hormonal cunt on her rag when she wants to be.

So posting a video I'm pretty sure I posted before but never fails to make me laugh. I give you Techno Dog.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrVfVUM4aoI[/ame]

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Hey, lets talk about this
                                        Ok, lets.

[quote]
                                        Originally posted by boygeorge
                                        Does our generation still think it is wrong to have sex until after we say those two little words "I do", or prehaps we think it is alright to do so after we say "I love you" ?
                                        Call me modern, or anti-old fashioned, or some silly name based on promiscuity.
                                        But not only do I disagree with "no sex before marraige". I honest can say there is virtually no chance thet I would marry someone that I haven't slept with. Not as a rule, just a reality. Also, the idea that I could say "I love you" (and mean it obviously) before we had slept together is unlikely too. Which is rather ironic, I have no problem hoping into the sack at the drop of a hat (or other garments), yet take the words I love you quite seriously.

Emmet, ball, your court

Comment

Ridiculous peno

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tmMZv62BX4[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                            God, poker can be a big fat hormonal cunt on her rag when she wants to be.

So posting a video I'm pretty sure I posted before but never fails to make me laugh. I give you Techno Dog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrVfVUM4aoI
                                            Dog clearly belongs to this lad...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p10US6vWdj4[/ame]

Comment

[quote=Mellor;297798]Ok, lets.

But not only do I disagree with "no sex before marraige". I honest can say there is virtually no chance thet I would marry someone that I haven't slept with. Not as a rule, just a reality. Also, the idea that I could say "I love you" (and mean it obviously) before we had slept together is unlikely too. Which is rather ironic, I have no problem hoping into the sack at the drop of a hat (or other garments), yet take the words I love you quite seriously.

Emmet, ball, your court
                                              I would marry a japanese chick in the morning, and love her long long time....only previous communication/correspondance would at a push be a text message !!
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Ok, lets.

Emmet, ball, your court
                                                I don't think he was implying he agreed with it (although I haven't read the thread so if he posted stating he did then I apologise)

Anyway I completely agree with you..funny story (by my standards at least ). Me and my gf were with each other a fair while before we got serious. She told me she loved me out of the blue one night and I didn't respond in the "appropriate way". A few weeks passed and I decided that I did love her and wanted a proper long term relationship (romantic eh?) but being an emotional retard I didn't tell her right away.

Anyway we were out one night and after coming out of the nightclub I went to hop in a taxi but she refused and said she didn't want to get in that particular taxi. The driver of that taxi was black and I started getting worried about her reasons. Despite these concerns I hopped in the next taxi which was driven by a local Tralee man. Nice and white.

When we got back to her place I asked was she a racist. She says no and then tells me the driver of the first taxi had freaked her and her mates a few nights ago by making some really perverted suggestions and she just didn't want to get in a taxi with him ever again. After I found this out I told her I loved her.

Cliffs: Asked my girlfriend if she was a racist right before I told her I loved her
                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

This hand amused me (*** the tournament details because dont want to jynx myself)

SPOILER
                                                  Poker Stars $***+$*** No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t300/t600 Blinds + t50 - 5 players -

CO: t32866 M = 28.58
                                                  Hero (BTN): t62455 M = 54.31
                                                  SB: t12335 M = 10.73
                                                  BB: t18741 M = 16.30
                                                  UTG: t17744 M = 15.43

Pre Flop: (t1150) Hero is BTN with J J
                                                  1 fold, CO calls t600, Hero raises to t1800, 1 fold, BB calls t1200, CO calls t1200

Flop: (t5950) A 2 K (3 players)
                                                  BB bets t1200, CO raises to t2400, Hero folds, BB calls t1200

Turn: (t10750) 7 (2 players)
                                                  BB bets t3000, CO raises to t6000, BB calls t3000

River: (t22750) 7 (2 players)
                                                  BB bets t8491 all in, CO calls t8491

Final Pot: t39732
                                                  CO shows K A (two pair, Aces and Kings)
                                                  BB shows A 7 (a full house, Sevens full of Aces)
                                                  BB wins t39732

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 08-04-11, 01:29.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                        I don't think he was implying he agreed with it (although I haven't read the thread so if he posted stating he did then I apologise)

Anyway I completely agree with you..funny story (by my standards at least ). Me and my gf were with each other a fair while before we got serious. She told me she loved me out of the blue one night and I didn't respond in the "appropriate way". A few weeks passed and I decided that I did love her and wanted a proper long term relationship (romantic eh?) but being an emotional retard I didn't tell her right away.

Anyway we were out one night and after coming out of the nightclub I went to hop in a taxi but she refused and said she didn't want to get in that particular taxi. The driver of that taxi was black and I started getting worried about her reasons. Despite these concerns I hopped in the next taxi which was driven by a local Tralee man. Nice and white.

When we got back to her place I asked was she a racist. She says no and then tells me the driver of the first taxi had freaked her and her mates a few nights ago by making some really perverted suggestions and she just didn't want to get in a taxi with him ever again. After I found this out I told her I loved her.

Cliffs: Asked my girlfriend if she was a racist right before I told her I loved her
                                                        Confirmed racist.

Comment

Confirmed racist.
                                                          I more than make up for her racism by my chauvinistic attitudes and behaviour
                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Comment

I think you are confusing marraige and getting an asian hooker to call out
                                                              I've no issue with the latter. The former is guaranteed to be a let down

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH46SmVv8SU[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                  Ah I doubt he does, he's a whore too
                                                                  New BBV title;
                                                                  sligboi loves rascist

SPOILER

Comment

Ah I doubt he does, he's a whore too

New BBV title;
                                                                    sligboi loves rascist

SPOILER
                                                                    A racist fascist!?! The worst kind!!
                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Ok so I'm on schedule to have my standard idiot move or "blow up" as the mouth calls it,

but............

then..............

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM....................... Straight Flush Baby to chip leader!

SPOILER
                                                                      Poker Stars $***+$*** No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t600/t1200 Blinds + t125 - 6 players -

SB: t20406 M = 8.00
                                                                      Hero (BB): t133758 M = 52.45
                                                                      UTG: t59053 M = 23.16
                                                                      MP: t42664 M = 16.73
                                                                      CO: t42054 M = 16.49
                                                                      BTN: t122973 M = 48.22

Pre Flop: (t2550) Hero is BB with A T
                                                                      3 folds, BTN raises to t3000, 1 fold, Hero raises to t7200, BTN raises to t122848 all in, Hero calls t115648

Flop: (t247046) Q 8 J (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t247046) 9 (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t247046) 7 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t247046
                                                                      Hero shows A T (a straight flush, Seven to Jack)
                                                                      BTN shows K K (a flush, King high)
                                                                      Hero wins t247046

Comment

Both of ye played it perfect imo
                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Banff is pretty damn awesome. Pretty sick to have to drive back to Vancouver tomorrow. Just the 850km!

Comment

Comment

bbv indulge me in a late night shippage brag??

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

wouldnt be hassling her in the club, heard her fellas a bit handy with the fists.

Comment

bbv indulge me in a late night shippage brag??
                                                                                  Surgically done Feargal. Enjoyed the final table rail and you picked them off like a sniper. The pen ran out of ink with all the note taking I did

Ship it!!
                                                                                  NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                                                    Surgically done Feargal. Enjoyed the final table rail and you picked them off like a sniper. The pen ran out of ink with all the note taking I did

Ship it!!
                                                                                    cheers for the rail amigo, ya lucky the mega donk had all the chips, weird spot oop on him, but knew just had to bide my time, real sniper in the long grass stuff alrite

Comment

Quite interesting developments in the lotto ticket fiasco.

Originally posted by seamus
                                                                                      I did initially think at first that it was a bit of a fast one. Would she have paid for the ticket the next day if it has lost? Would she hell.

However, there's a little more info in a related Indo article:

It would appear that standard policy (perhaps at this Tesco store) is "pay for your mistakes", so when a cashier issues an incorrect ticket, they either must sell it that night or pay for it. I.e. she was going to pay for the ticket either way. Hence the "sad smiley face". Standard operating practice in all large retail stores is that the cashier cannot sell things to themselves (for obvious reasons), so she could not have paid for it on the night, and left it to pay for the next day when someone else would be working the till.

So I think there is a valid query here over ownership. If it's standard practice, perhaps even policy that all cashiers must pay for tickets issued in error, then perhaps a contract does exist and the ticket belongs to the cashier, the debt simply had not been discharged yet.

If you examine it in the context that she was required (either by contract or agreement) to pay for the ticket, but Tesco decided to waive that requirement because it was a winning ticket, then I would see how and why she has a valid grievance, and I would personally feel more than a little pissed off - i.e. they want staff to pay for losing tickets, but not for winning ones. In that case, Tesco are taking none of the risk and taking all of the winnings.
                                                                                      Originally posted by carpediem
                                                                                      Crucial details are missing in order for a decision to be taken on this case. Those details will come out over time.

What about the purchaser of the ticket? The purchaser didn't make any mistake by requesting a €4 ticket - the Tesco cashier made the mistake by issuing a €9 ticket in error.

Consider this scenario: If the cashier had not made the mistake, would the same numbers have ended-up on the €4 ticket? The timing of printing the ticket would have been the same. What is not known at this stage is on which lines of the incorrect €9 ticket did the winning numbers appear? If the winning numbers appeared on the lines within €4 worth of numbers, then surely the customer has some rights here?

Are the customer's rights over-ruled as he/she handed the wrong ticket back to the cashier?

Will be interesting to see how this case unravels. The Supply of goods and Sales of Services act of 1980 will come into question here.
                                                                                      Well, taking a technical point of view (I'm a programmer in part), there wouldn't be much a of a case there.

We can take it for granted that the customer's €4 was a quickpick. If they had chosen the numbers on the ticket, then their €4 ticket would have won. It didn't.
                                                                                      Quickpick is a randomly generated set of numbers. Random selections usually rely on a "seed" - a piece of information which varies from selection to selection to attempt to make it unlikely that one selection will be the same as the next one. Seeds are often made from or derived from the current time, in milliseconds. So there's an argument to say that the time taken to input a €9 ticket, differs from the time taken to input a €4 ticket, so even if the cashier had input a €4 ticket, it would have had a different seed, and most likely resulted in a different set of numbers. The odds of the customer's €4 quickpick having the same four (?) lines as the €9 quickpick, would be quite astronomical. Around 1 in 3.2 × 10^25.

So from a technical POV, I don't think the customer has any real case here as the odds of his/her ticket containing those four lines is infinitesimally small.
                                                                                      There is also something else to consider here;

If this falls in Tesco's favour and they are deemed to "own" the ticket at the time that the draw took place, is there reasonable action here for all staff to refuse to pay for tickets issued in error, since said tickets never belonged to the staff. And would Tesco have to refund all previous such occurences. That is, the staff member is paying Tesco for the ticket on the understanding that the ticket belongs to the staff member at the time of the draw. If this can be shown not to be true, then are Tesco liable for all the payments they received for tickets despite the tickets not legally belonging to the staff member at the time of the draw?
                                                                                      That is, Tesco received payment for a ticket for a draw (whether the payment was received before or after the draw may or may not be important). But if the ticket "belonged" to Tesco before the draw took place, then they never provided a ticket for that draw.

Not for the customer. From the customer's point of view, the ticket they received is of exactly the same value and quality as any other ticket issued for that draw.
                                                                                      Otherwise you could argue that because I didn't win last week, then I didn't receive a ticket of the same value and quality as someone who won.

For the customer, the cashier did not affect the outcome of the draw by making the mistake. The customer is not due anything because they have no demonstrable losses.

Checkout woman owns ticket.
                                                                                      Tesco owe €4 ticket person 500k.

Comment

Think I've found her on facebook.
                                                                                        Tempted to add her and leave a on her wall.

Comment

If that's tescos policy, then the ticket is hers imo

Also
                                                                                          Finkle has made himself rather too comfy in the old BBV, I didn't want to but was forced to take action

Comment

The BrownFury writes "At an invitation only event Apple has released their new MP3 player called the iPod. iPod is the size of a deck of cards. 2.4" wide by 4" tall by .78" thick 6.5 ounces. 5 GB HDD, 10 hr battery life, charged via FireWire. Works as a firewire drive as well. Works in conjunctions ...

Old thread from when the ipod was first announced 10 years ago, great read. Unbelievable how far things have come.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARXwOIFwY0&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARXwOIFwY0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                                                http://apple.slashdot.org/story/01/1...-releases-iPod
                                                                                                Old thread from when the ipod was first announced 10 years ago, great read. Unbelievable how far things have come.
                                                                                                Yeah, some really simple stuff there gettign people excited.

"5gb is plenty"
                                                                                                "My 64mb memory stick takes ages to fill"
                                                                                                "It's so small" <<<<<<<< lol

The sheer speed of transfers and downloads these days is amazing. I wonder will future generations ever know what it was like to wait for a full screen nude shot to download.

Comment

collingwood carlton tonight.

Come on you blues.

lol. New job secured today too, higher rate.

Everythings coming up Milhouse.
                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hate the automatic alarmclock at 7am everymorning! Feckin French builders!
                                                                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Weather is cracking today is there anything nicer than a sunny friday!

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                                        Weather is cracking today is there anything nicer than a sunny friday!
                                                                                                        Loadsa fuckin things.

Comment

Quite interesting developments in the lotto ticket fiasco.

Checkout woman owns ticket.
                                                                                                          Tesco owe €4 ticket person 500k.
                                                                                                          Was chatting to my mother yesterday about this, i asked her why the ticket wasnt voided at the time, as it was printed in error, for some reason if you fill in the numbers yourself it can be voided but a quickpick cannot, the lotto agent calls in once a month and credits you.

I cant understand the difference myself between self picked and quickpick when it comes to voiding the ticket, as i see it, every ticket has a barcode and as long as it it voided before the cutoff for the draw whats the issue ? Where is that conspiricy forum again...
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Like utd beating chelsea at stamford bridge?
                                                                                                            Chelsea winning nothing this year?

Comment

oh what a beautiful morning oh what a beautiful day!!!!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cGS4fkvifs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cGS4fkvifs[/ame]

Feelin good
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

this was my ultrasound. this is how I roll
                                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                  can't see it Zod, are you pregnant?
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Some sort of batman signal going on there?

ahh congrats I guess

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

its like an eagle!!!!
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

go westhit refresh, my boy, hit refresh

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X