Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meanies are disgusting, I'll never understand how people love them. Monster Munch/Doritos sounds good. But I find Wok to Walk noodles the ultimate when stoned have to go to the Dam for it tho, voted best fast food in 2010 in Dam i see from website. Much deserved

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
      Meanies are disgusting, I'll never understand how people love them. Monster Munch/Doritos sounds good. But I find Wok to Walk noodles the ultimate when stoned have to go to the Dam for it tho, voted best fast food in 2010 in Dam i see from website. Much deserved
      To be fair I did enjoy Chipsy King

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        Thats some great weight loss Moneymaker.
        Just a note of caution from someone who has got down from 16st to a suitable 12st at least 4 times (you see what I mean).

I found it great when everyone says Wow and Well done and asks you how you did it and your weight loss is the centre of attention etc.
        But eventually there comes a time when people actually forget about The Big You, maybe you even meet new people who've never even known you before the weight loss etc.
        And its at this stage that it suddenly becomes very easy to slip back.

It sounds as if you've made enough of a complete lifestyle change that it hopefully won't be an issue.
        Absolutely mate, it's very easily done(I've done it before in previous attempts).

I've done what you said, totally transformed how I live my life. It's gotten to the point where I enjoy eating healthy food and experimenting with different recepies. And I don't miss or need to go drinking anymore which is obviously a huge plus for keeping the weight off in the future.

And i'll never forget the Big me. Remembering how I felt and looked at my worst will be all the motivation i'll ever need to keep doing what i'm doing.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
          So blinkered young Carl I haven't even seen it and I know it was a peno
          I'm not biased, i'm a football fan .

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post

Watching the 4 lads on RTE is like going out for the night and sitting just staring at the 4 old droolers at the bar watching the football.
            What I loved the last time I worked in pubs was when you were talking to some lads who clearly had gotten all their speel from Gyles, Hansen or worse Gray

I would start chatting away to them and then start talking about reverse passes & inside to out runs ... any auld shyte I could think of, while they stroked their collective chin, nodding away goin yer right yer right

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Awsome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzmv5cq4cEw&feature=related[/ame]
                Last edited by dannydiamond; 06-04-11, 23:45.
                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  fck, drug dealer talking a night off
                  In a recession?

Fucking ridiculous

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiInBOVHpO8[/ame]
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

says he has to look after his kids
                        Dedicated drug dealers don't have kids. They sit at home all day watching films and hope that their clients might keep them company for an hour or so and get high with them.

This is the unfortunate truth.

Comment

well as you said it is a recession everyone trying their hands at different trades

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                            What I loved the last time I worked in pubs was when you were talking to some lads who clearly had gotten all their speel from Gyles, Hansen or worse Gray

I would start chatting away to them and then start talking about reverse passes & inside to out runs ... any auld shyte I could think of, while they stroked their collective chin, nodding away goin yer right yer right
                            Anything to keep yourself entertained tbf..I tell ya it's some shock to the system to go from student nightclub situation I was in a month ago to the quiet country pub during the day I'm in now.
                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                Stoney what is the best munchie food
                                chocolate , crisps , nuts in no particular order when i get the munchies whatever is in the house gets eaten, kids easter eggs they won't miss a few nom nom, left over dinner in the fridge not anymore down the hatch. Crackers and cheese yes please. You's seem to have favourites like meanies or monster munch I just call it crisps that way none get left out , I do like dark chocolate but would only have this for munchies if there is nothing else I let dark chocolate melt in my mouth so its way too slow a food for munchies, any other chocolate gets devoured. I do like mixing savoury with sweet when i get a serious attack of the munchies , alternitive bites or dual bites is good

Monster Munch (original recipe) clearly.

Also Pepperami - haven't seen it in Ireland though.
                                Pepperami are excellent
                                Last edited by Loopz; 07-04-11, 00:02.

Comment

Quite funny earlier turning up to the 'beers for graduates' thing. Got a huge cheer when went into the SU pub for the event (which presumably indicates that they interpreted my random hungoverness during the year as 'character'), but also funny for the ridic amount of Chinese girls that talked to me for the first time.

When we were having the photos (and bear in mind was still high from yesterday; in fairness think was still high at the time as had one or two cigs in this morning aswell), there was a cute-as-a-button Chinese girl who came over, sat on my lap and went 'i feel so nervous having a photo with you'. (All the while sitting on my lap while i'm trying to think of my poor dead grandmother, as would be so awkward if accidentally boned the girl).

You couldn't believe how beautiful this girl was.

So strange.

Really wanted to turn around and tell her that she had no right ever being nervous, but that if she ever wanted coke snorted off her ***ies i'd be there
                                  After all the shit you've said in here you decided to censor the word titties!?! Spelt incorrectly at that!
                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

He pixelated titties. Standard.

Comment

Comment

That's brilliant. Just watched a few of his other vids and he's amazingly talented.
                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                          BBV is shite tonight, rape & football ffs! good night!

without opening a can of worms, I lost 2lbs at WW
                                          WD MSN on the weightloss

Which was worse rape or football?

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          But eventually there comes a time when people actually forget about The Big You, maybe you even meet new people who've never even known you before the weight loss etc.
                                          And its at this stage that it suddenly becomes very easy to slip back.
                                          Old pics on facebook are get for reminding yourself of the old you

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                            Has she kicked you out ? You have started to post much more in the evenings..hmmm, i can see you now, down the bottom of the garden, in the potting shed surrounded by your larder, big pot of ragu on the boil for the week...old black and white portable with a coat hanger for an aerial watching the footie...
                                            This needs more love. Spot on!!
                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              Dedicated drug dealers don't have kids. They sit at home all day watching films and hope that their clients might keep them company for an hour or so and get high with them.

This is the unfortunate truth.
                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Goodnight all.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                  That's brilliant. Just watched a few of his other vids and he's amazingly talented.
                                                  Reminds me Beardyman is playing at the end of April in Twisted Pepper, chap does amazing beatbox and has a similar routine to above using whatever them pads are called.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XryzjprNqE&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

As for the Garda rape thing, the media and public reaction is tilting as shit.

First of all there is site that originally hosted the video/audio. The description is "gardi threaten to rape a woman in their custody". Now, a lot of people are going to brush over the audio (it mentions below that the relevant part starts at 13.30) and assume the description is correct. I lose all respect and faith when people, who may have a genuine case, start to make up stories and present them in a worse light on purpose.
                                                    She wasn't in their (the guards in question) custody.
                                                    She wasn't threatened with anything.

These two facts are hugely important. People re-hash the story and spouting opinions everywhere with the attitude "she may or may not have been threatened" is retard. She wasn't threatened, we all know this. Don't suggest she may have been, it really weakens your arguements.

While complaining about the actions, I'm yet to anybody once mention that the that the first reply to the rape comment was "I wouldn't go that far Jim*"
                                                    It's gettign so far blown out of proportion that I'm surprised the fact that they mention facebook being accessed from station computers hasn't been twisted yet.

Edit: Also, notice i haven't offered an opinion on what they said rather the ludacris anthics of one side. So anybody smashing out an irrelevant "position of authority...using the word...joke or not" retort can shove it up their hoop
                                                    Last edited by Mellor; 07-04-11, 01:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      Goodnight all.
                                                      Thats what you want us to think

Comment

All that man rape talk earlier reminded me of this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWlBgj0uOc[/ame]

Comment

Just finished Season 1 of Fringe and the strangest thing by far in it was

SPOILER
                                                          Leonard Nimoy was William Bell!!!

Pretty decent all round, reminded me a bit of the X files sowill crack on with Season 2. The Walter Bishop character is very good and his relationship with Peter is well done and very funny

Comment

While I agree it is getting blown out of proportion.

Any Garda Ive ever dealt with has been an imcompetent scumbag and I dont mean in the way of traffic fines, or pissing against a wall when drunk. They shouldnt have to put up with retards like that. I mean when you need them, or when somethings up in the air, they are a ridicuously lazy, self serving bunch.

I think anyone who says otherwise probably hasnt dealt with them for any extended time. Funnily enough, any solicitor/barrister Ive ever spoken to (besides Keith, although Im sure he would agree in part) has said the incompetence of the Gardai is astounding. Particularly among the younger generation.

FWIW, none of that has to to with StoS as I dont know enough about the case to comment. Just my own experiences.
                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                              While I agree it is getting blown out of proportion.

Any Garda Ive ever dealt with has been an imcompetent scumbag and I dont mean in the way of traffic fines, or pissing against a wall when drunk. They shouldnt have to put up with retards like that. I mean when you need them, or when somethings up in the air, they are a ridicuously lazy, self serving bunch.

I think anyone who says otherwise probably hasnt dealt with them for any extended time. Funnily enough, any solicitor/barrister Ive ever spoken to (besides Keith, although Im sure he would agree in part) has said the incompetence of the Gardai is astounding. Particularly among the younger generation.

FWIW, none of that has to to with StoS as I dont know enough about the case to comment. Just my own experiences.
                                                              I've had plenty of dealings with cops and gotten fantastically treated. Also, I have a mate in the cops in dub and he shows a reamarkable professionalism about his job that I wouldnt have expected from him, to the point where he is now earmarked for some task force work in teh near future. He tells me there was a radical overhaul in attitude in templemore around his training time, and that you will see a new generation of cops that will put the old ones to shame.
                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                that you will see a new generation of cops that will put the old ones to shame.
                                                                I have seen this.

Old school cops are right pricks. Younger ones have a bit of cop on about them and deal with things alot better.

Comment

I've had plenty of dealings with cops and gotten fantastically treated. Also, I have a mate in the cops in dub and he shows a reamarkable professionalism about his job that I wouldnt have expected from him, to the point where he is now earmarked for some task force work in teh near future. He tells me there was a radical overhaul in attitude in templemore around his training time, and that you will see a new generation of cops that will put the old ones to shame.
                                                                  Yeah I dont doubt there are heroes in the Gardai. I really dont. I'm just saying from my own personal experience with them I have no positive experiences.

I hope the attitude overhaul is true because it would make for a much better police force. Emmets comment a few pages back about the gardai not caring about arrests or convictions is completely false btw, at the moment anyway.
                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yeah I dont doubt there are heroes in the Gardai. I really dont. I'm just saying from my own personal experience with them I have no positive experiences.

I hope the attitude overhaul is true because it would make for a much better police force. Emmets comment a few pages back about the gardai not caring about arrests or convictions is completely false btw, at the moment anyway.
                                                                    well i've seen someone come through before, and someone come through after and there is a definite difference. The problem with the training is the placements they get. You can go through rigorous training in Tmore, then get sent to some backward town station and have some lazy old git do his best to knock it out of ya. Its a thing that will take a while to change but they've expressly acknowledged the flaws in the training, and encouraged the new recruits to be more professional and ignore the laziness of older generations, and actively try to improve service.
                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

well i've seen someone come through before, and someone come through after and there is a definite difference. The problem with the training is the placements they get. You can go through rigorous training in Tmore, then get sent to some backward town station and have some lazy old git do his best to knock it out of ya. Its a thing that will take a while to change but they've expressly acknowledged the flaws in the training, and encouraged the new recruits to be more professional and ignore the laziness of older generations, and actively try to improve service.
                                                                      And that should be commended and encouraged.

My best friends Dad is one of the top dogs in the DEA. He's taken voluntary retirement now though on account of the budget decimating his pension (going to Afghanistan for private security for 2 years $$$$$) but he says the same, theres a generation of gardai that arent up to scratch.

That said, its easy to whinge and moan from the outside and I still treat any guard I meet with respect until they prove to me they dont deserve it.

Comment

I've had negitive experience. Where they were total cocks.
                                                                        But I've also had good experiences, where I made an illegal right turn at the lights (turn is legal, but lights were for straight ahead only). Guard seen it and pull me over, seam to understand it was a genuine mistake and let me off.

I know quite a few younger cops, these guys are all by the book 100%. I'm not saying all the cops are, just the ones i know.

Comment

I've just watched every Game Of Thrones video on Youtube. Is it the 17th April yet?
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                            I've just watched every Game Of Thrones video on Youtube. Is it the 17th April yet?
                                                                            10 more days.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                              1. Take 20 diazepam
                                                                              2. Wake up on the 17th
                                                                              3. Get your Game Of Thrones on

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                1. Take 20 diazepam
                                                                                2. Wake up on the 17th
                                                                                3. Get your Game Of Thrones on
                                                                                That's not a bad idea. BRB, going to find an all-night pharmacist.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                  Referee is from Krypton!
                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                    Ah yes, the slow roast ham, the clue is in the name.

Seriously though boil it in future, might be just me but I prefer boiled ham.
                                                                                    boil it in cola.
                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Ham tip.

I normally throw a can of cider in with the water when I boil the ham but last time I got a skewer and made about 5/6 deep incisions in the ham and poured the cider in there. Made a huge difference, best Christmas ham I've had.

mmmmmm, ham, must get some.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                        boil it in cola.
                                                                                        that's what the Filipinos do with their dogs
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I see the Portugeezers have bit the bullet

can see JCT sweating mightily in Frankfurt as he puts in his last chips and starts roaring 'hold!!!! One time dealer, hold!!!!'

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                            boil it in cola.
                                                                                            This is definitley a good way to go. My mum did it at christmas this year. We all thought the menapause had sent her mental and said nothing but it was excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              I see the Portugeezers have bit the bullet

can see JCT sweating mightily in Frankfurt as he puts in his last chips and starts roaring 'hold!!!! One time dealer, hold!!!!'
                                                                                              hah call that a bailout. a mere 75billion we can burn through that in a matter of days and still have a massive hole inour economy. Portugal you suck but I really hope the ECB doesnt run out of money any time soon. Out of interest I presume we are getting closer to what we need even if we have been taking it in smaller amounts hoping nobody would notice us but how much more do we need?

Comment

Ah catching up and now at 9:27 with a long day in work ahead all i want is a nice ham. Damn all you people to hell. I cant deal with being hungry for ham in work.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                  I really hope the ECB doesnt run out of money any time soon.
                                                                                                  hooray for Guttenberg, the inventor of the printing press!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                    how much more do we need?
                                                                                                    nobody knows (further losses at the banks, NAMA losses, undershooting growth targets, overshoot on spending etc etc etc)

the debt will end up well north of 200 billion which is unserviceable anyway

so we're the living dead, we just haven't started feasting on the living yet

Comment

...

Comment

Blatant plugging of another mates band. Think the old boys like Strewelpeter and Icarus will like this one! Album coming soon, and they are extremely good live. Check it out please.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_bdgdqoJ0[/ame]

Comment

Right so who is going to win The Masters?
                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                            Ham tip.

I normally throw a can of cider in with the water when I boil the ham but last time I got a skewer and made about 5/6 deep incisions in the ham and poured the cider in there. Made a huge difference, best Christmas ham I've had.

mmmmmm, ham, must get some.
                                                                                                            Ham is lovely when after boiling for a 2 hours , empty out the water and refil but also add 2 large cans of pineapples with the juice and all!!
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                              Right so who is going to win The Masters?
                                                                                                              who cares? Always had you down as a fellow anti-golfer anyway RasTa

I predict some clean-cut young chap masquerading as a human advertising board. I further predict he will thank 'Gawd' and 'mah saviour Jesus Christ' in his victory speech.

It's almost enough to make you wish Wayne Rooney played golf.

Comment

Interesting article by Honohan in the FT yesterday Dukey, a fluff piece, but essentially suggests that the repayments be linked to GNP, that way there's half a chance we could repay.

Like I said, fluff piece, but interesting all the same.

Comment

who cares? Always had you down as a fellow anti-golfer anyway RasTa
                                                                                                                  I'm only anti-golf when I'm playing the silly game. My random darts have picked small EW for Kim, Molinari and O'Hare

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    Interesting article by Honohan in the FT yesterday Dukey, a fluff piece, but essentially suggests that the repayments be linked to GNP, that way there's half a chance we could repay.

Like I said, fluff piece, but interesting all the same.
                                                                                                                    sounds like he's given up the ghost so

was working from home yesterday so didn't see the FT, will see if I can get it online

Comment

m thinking Casey will be there or there abouts. cant wait to start watching it tonight. Although its really all about sunday.

Comment

nobody knows (further losses at the banks, NAMA losses, undershooting growth targets, overshoot on spending etc etc etc)

the debt will end up well north of 200 billion which is unserviceable anyway

so we're the living dead, we just haven't started feasting on the living yet
                                                                                                                        I thought we couldnt realistically service what we have now. This is the main reason why I wanted them to take it all at once and say so there is no chance we can pay this back ok. Why bother drawing it out and paying token interest in the short term. We know it, Europe knows it, the rest of the world knows it. Barring a few really optimistic people on this Island I am not sure what this ruse is set to achieve but I guess Im no politician.

200 billion has a nice ring to it tho but how the fuck are greece paying back 110billion. Are we waiting for them to default so we are not the first ones to go. Might make us look a little better in the long run I guess.

Comment

Rooney's two game ban upheld.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X