X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i9000 galaxy s or Nexus one?

getting a new fone and apart from no radio (which is HUGE) nexus is winning
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

What about the Nexus S??
      Check out the latest deals on mobile phones, broadband, TV, bill pay and pay as you go plans from Ireland's leading provider.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
        Am I the only one who thinks RVP should have been sent off in the first half? He didn't make much contact but he made no attempt at the ball and went up with an elbow to Dani Alves.
        No I dont think he should have been sent off for that. Yellow card for diving down and rolling about for nothing IMO. RVP did push him so he deserved a yellow and got it. Second one was a nightmare but that was fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
          No way should he have been sent off in the first half.

What about this?

Checking his pulse as he was worried that he was gonna have a heart attack running round without the ball like that. Stress can kill you know.

Comment

i have the galaxy s and i must say its the fucking nutz
            i hardly ever use it for internet, never send or recieve emails with it, i have absolutley no use for any of the apps, camera isn't great, i never use the bluetooth or wireless connections, i have used the radio on occasion.
            but on the plus side the phone is good in it and it is also handy for sending and recieving texts
            plus it looks good when you pull it out in a crowd

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I suppose you can save pwds, I wouldnt but it's more a preference thing.
              Ah I'm just odd on the recycle bin, I generally never use it. It takes up memory and pagefile space.
              It's not a huge deal though.
              Just doing a bit of a cleanup because laptop is starting to run slowly so trying to tidy is up

Defragged
              Ran avast scan
              Ran malwarebytes scan
              Ran ccleaner and deleted stuff
              Will downloading microsoft security essentials and running it conflict with avast/malwarebytes?

Any other recommedations?

Comment

Htc desire hd is the best phone on the market imo
                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Im looking at getting the nexus one tbh.

Anyone know to get the best value one sim free?

I think the HTC HD is too big.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post

not my one, had to get motherboard changed twice, seems to be endemic problem
                    after a bit of investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Just doing a bit of a cleanup because laptop is starting to run slowly so trying to tidy is up

Defragged
                      Ran avast scan
                      Ran malwarebytes scan
                      Will downloading microsoft security essentials and running it conflict with avast/malwarebytes?

Damn cloth.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Sounds like the Pokerstars Big Game will be good next time around. Also, any TV prog that Tony G intends to run can only be a good thing

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                          Damn cloth.
                          Damp cloth

Comment

Back in from a week of snowboarding, Austria is some spot!

Cliffs on the last week as there are 34 pages to catch up on?

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                              yup, sorry that is what I meant
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                €99 for Galaxy S
                                €99 for Nexus S
                                €289 for HTC HD all with upgrade
                                It's better but it is not €200 better

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                    Back in from a week of snowboarding, Austria is some spot!

Cliffs on the last week as there are 34 pages to catch up on?
                                    Just read the posts between 11pm and 6am.

Just had pancakes for breakfast on a Wednesday, I'm an outlaw.

Comment

€99 for Galaxy S
                                      €99 for Nexus S
                                      €289 for HTC HD all with upgrade
                                      It's better but it is not €200 better
                                      I have a HTC Desire (regular one) and I bought my Dad the Galaxy S for christmas, IMO the HTC is miles better.

If the HTC isn't an option surely there's no comparison between the Galaxy S and the Nexus S and it'll always be the Nexus S, both made by Samsung but the Nexus will always get the Android updates first.

EDIT: Note I haven't done any research on the topic, but just intuitively that's what I'd think

Comment

Any plumber types in here be able to help?

Just home after being out for 2 hours and boiler is making noises. Its not on tho. Then neighbour knocks and there is loads of water pouring out the overflow pipe under my window (apt block). No water on in my place tho, but when put on mains water tap the boiler stops making noises. Seems like mains water just flowing right thru to the outflow pipe??? Have turned off water at mains coming into my apt and no more water to overflow.

Gonna have issues with management company i'd say to prove whether its my problem in my apartment or a mains issue which they have to pay for, if its a problem at all. Boiler is green before anyone asks

Comment

Get the normal Desire
                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Lads if you wouldn't mind filling out this very short survey for a college project I'd be grateful. It shouldn't take more than 1 minute, there are only 4 questions. Thanks a mil!

Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey software.

Comment

Defragged
                                              Ran avast scan
                                              Ran malwarebytes scan

MS security essentials is a must have
                                              fairly low on memory use and catches nearly everything.
                                              You may get some false postives based on avast vault (storing malware sigs it removed)
                                              but you can see that based on location

tbh, windows firewall & MS security essentials plus malwarebytes should cover nearly everything.
                                              ccleaner is just for clearing out rubbish. (scan the registry as well)

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                Lads if you wouldn't mind filling out this very short survey for a college project I'd be grateful. It shouldn't take more than 1 minute, there are only 4 questions. Thanks a mil!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D7N86ZV
                                                Done.
                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Done, + I'd love that to exist.

Comment

I would but don't think it applies to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                      I have a HTC Desire (regular one) and I bought my Dad the Galaxy S for christmas, IMO the HTC is miles better.

If the HTC isn't an option surely there's no comparison between the Galaxy S and the Nexus S and it'll always be the Nexus S, both made by Samsung but the Nexus will always get the Android updates first.

EDIT: Note I haven't done any research on the topic, but just intuitively that's what I'd think
                                                      yeah you may be right
                                                      The lack of radio, sd slot, the vga vs 720p video is giving me pause.
                                                      I'm intrigued by the NFC though.

Comment

done, no idea about oil prices though

Comment

Voodoo

Hi

i read that the voodoo have a festival on next week and was thinking about playing the main event , never played there before just wondering is it expecting many runners, saw it had an est 20k. Many on here playing?

Thanks

Comment

Done

Comment

I was filling it out but apart from the first question, none apply to me.

Comment

Done. We'd be in the minority that actually do order home heating oil over the phone/online

Comment

I think we may have missed the Nicaraguan flag, which is a shame as it's awesome.

It features a rainbow.

Comment

Not as good as this...

Comment

'dropping bills like stealth bombs in the hall'

Enda Kenny is hilarious. He is not a real person.

Comment

Fucking hell don't know how some people got their licence's seen one of the worst things I've seen on the roads in a long time today.

Was on the bus on my way into town earlier and the bus driver is turning right and swinging out to get in the proper lane, the traffic has piled up because the lights are red in front, some spastic comes up the inside of the bus to try and pass and mounts the foot path to try and manoeuvre around the bus I really couldn't believe it.

If the bus driver didn't hit the brakes he was gonna crash into the car, there was no room in front so was baffled to try and figure out what he was doing. Bus driver opens the door and goes mad at the spastic driver and the spastic tries to make out it was the bus drivers fault
                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Done even thou it doesn't apply to me I'm sure the more the merrier thou (used best guesses)
                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Hey everyone, here is this weeks blog. It's all about how I got into poker and a few stories along the way. Have a read if you have the time.

Hey guys. It's been a while since my last post. I've had a couple cashes since nothing major. Hovering just above even since my last post so...
                                                                            http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                            http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Defragged
                                                                              Ran avast scan
                                                                              Ran malwarebytes scan

Tony as far as im aware you shouldnt use microsoft security with your other antivirus as i asked that question on my work experience. i know dead parrot knows alot more than me but im just mentioning it as i was only talking about a few weeks ago.

try this antivitus instead of avast as compuvision where i worked swear by it!

they reckon avg and avast use alot of resources where as avira doesnt!!

http://download.cnet.com/Avira-AntiV...-10322935.html

also this is fantastic!!! i love it!
                                                                              http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-Sy...-10407614.html
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Quietly confident for tonight but for the love of god, one time and all that

Comment

Originally posted by briii1 View Post
                                                                                  Hi

i read that the voodoo have a festival on next week and was thinking about playing the main event , never played there before just wondering is it expecting many runners, saw it had an est 20k. Many on here playing?

Thanks
                                                                                  Think it will meet it's Est.

2 Sats the Monday and the Tuedays. Maybe one friday.

Head to their website with all the details.

Comment

Milan FTW tonight.

Comment

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                        Quietly confident for tonight but for the love of god, one time and all that
                                                                                        I read somewhere in the last couple of days that there was only one previous instance of a team losing the home leg in CL knockout stages and overturning it away from home, not sure how accurate that is though.

Comment

Doneski.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Done

Comment

stoopid servers

Comment

Forum broken again!

Comment

Well Spurs are on their starting blocks. Could be 2-1 already.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Put some money in the meter please

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                      Fucking hell don't know how some people got their licence's seen one of the worst things I've seen on the roads in a long time today.

Was on the bus on my way into town earlier and the bus driver is turning right and swinging out to get in the proper lane, the traffic has piled up because the lights are red in front, some spastic comes up the inside of the bus to try and pass and mounts the foot path to try and manoeuvre around the bus I really couldn't believe it.

If the bus driver didn't hit the brakes he was gonna crash into the car, there was no room in front so was baffled to try and figure out what he was doing. Bus driver opens the door and goes mad at the spastic driver and the spastic tries to make out it was the bus drivers fault
                                                                                                      Over the last few months the roads are absolute death traps!! Standard of driving is seriously down! Today I was on the roundabout and had to slam on due to a car coming straight out, luckily nothing behind me as it was a quiet roundabout.

Three theories - prob a mixture of all

a) People these days have a lot on their minds and aren't concentrating as much.
                                                                                                      b) Smart phones - people emailing/texting/interneting while driving.
                                                                                                      c) People looking to get crashed into to get claims.

Anyway be safe out there.

Comment

Is the spurs game on tv anywhere

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

for whoever was watching the galway UKIPT last night.
                                                                                                            ruling question- (hardly worth a thread in rulings section) im pretty sure the all in bet should have stood. but he was allowed take his chips back.
                                                                                                            i posted last night in bbv but no reply

the norwiegian guy(in stripy beanie hat) hand QQ vs silke JJ.
                                                                                                            when silke thought he 3bet raised and the guy in the hat shoved all his chips in while dealer called the floor before floor ruling silkes bet as only a call because he throw in too little chips for a raise.
                                                                                                            question is should the others guys bet not stand on the flop? why was he allowed take his chips back over the line. bad ruling imo
                                                                                                            Last edited by badugi; 09-03-11, 20:21.

Comment

Hitch, I heard a brief report on the radio yesterday of some case in Brussels which will have consequences throughout the EU.
                                                                                                              The gist of it is that Mothers of children born in Ireland will have a right to residency and a right to work.

I don't have anyother details, had a quick hunt online but found nothing about it.

Thought it might be of interest to you and your wife to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                                                                                                Is the spurs game on tv anywhere
                                                                                                                RTE2 and UTV, sure you can watch one channel each.

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                                                                  for whoever was watching the galway UKIPT last night.
                                                                                                                  ruling question- (hardly worth a thread in rulings section) im pretty sure the all in bet should have stood. but he was allowed take his chips back.
                                                                                                                  i posted last night in bbv but no reply

the norwiegian guy(in stripy beanie hat) hand QQ vs silke JJ.
                                                                                                                  when silke thought he 3bet raised and the guy in the hat shoved all his chips in while dealer called the floor before floor ruling silkes bet as only a call because he throw in too little chips for a raise.
                                                                                                                  question is should the others guys bet not stand on the flop? why was he allowed take his chips back over the line. bad ruling imo
                                                                                                                  I noticed this aswell. Was wondering about it. That norweigian lad was annoying the shit out of me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                                    Hitch, I heard a brief report on the radio yesterday of some case in Brussels which will have consequences throughout the EU.
                                                                                                                    The gist of it is that Mothers of children born in Ireland will have a right to residency and a right to work.

I don't have anyother details, had a quick hunt online but found nothing about it.

Thought it might be of interest to you and your wife to be!
                                                                                                                    Think it's parents off children born in Ireland.

Comment

Any idea where i'd find the details?

Comment

It is parents of children who are eu citizens, but their parents are not. Children born here though are not automatically entitled to citizenship now though. In HH's case though I presume there will be no issue since the child will be entitled to eu citizenship through him.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                                          Any idea where i'd find the details?
                                                                                                                          Not really, think I heard it on the news yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X