• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI

No rush as it's not first come first served
    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I don't think this would be let off with a slap on the wrist tbh since they hit your man they'll be done for breaking and entering and GBH, surely not just a slap on the wrist? I hope not anyway.

I'll just be happy if they don't come back or if they do and someone is here, that it's me and not the mother.

Comment

We got robbed twice in a week last year.

First time, they broke in through a window in the kitchen and got a few phones, laptops and stuff. Guards came and took prints and we assumed that would be the end of it.

Thing was they came back a few days later, in through the same window. We were home this time, and one of my housemates came into the kitchen just as the guy was halfway through the window. He got away, but the Guards caught him and his accomplice shortly after. The prints matched from the first robbery, but why he robbed us again I'll never understand. Did he thing we had already got new laptops in the few days since the last robbery??? Lol thieves are pretty stupid. Luckily none of my stuff was pinched the first time, I had my room locked.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
          I don't think this would be let off with a slap on the wrist tbh since they hit your man they'll be done for breaking and entering and GBH, surely not just a slap on the wrist? I hope not anyway.

I'll just be happy if they don't come back or if they do and someone is here, that it's me and not the mother.
          At least the law is on your side now, you may use reasonable force to protect your family and property, up to a few months ago you would have been advised to walk out of your home if you came upon an intruder, the law was on their side if you beat the shit out of them.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post

First time, they broke in through a window in the kitchen and got a few phones, laptops and stuff. Guards came and took prints and we assumed that would be the end of it.

Thing was they came back a few days later, in through the same window. We were home this time, and one of my housemates came into the kitchen just as the guy was halfway through the window. He got away, but the Guards caught him and his accomplice shortly after. The prints matched from the first robbery, but why he robbed us again I'll never understand. Did he thing we had already got new laptops in the few days since the last robbery??? Lol thieves are pretty stupid. Luckily none of my stuff was pinched the first time, I had my room locked.
            Out of curisioty, did you ever find out what happened the thievs ?
            This too shall pass.

Comment

good documentary on tv3 about homeless people in ireland,

make you appreciate how lucky you are
              http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Beat: Work
                Brag: Last night until mid January
                Variance: staying up all night to get the 6.15 bus home
                Brag mk II: I'll be home by mid afternoon!
                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  At least the law is on your side now, you may use reasonable force to protect your family and property, up to a few months ago you would have been advised to walk out of your home if you came upon an intruder, the law was on their side if you beat the shit out of them.
                  I wouldn't have known that the law changed, thanks, but in reality it wouldn't have changed a thing, if someone came in and I was hear I'd do everything I could to stop them.

Thieves are pretty stupid. The back door was left open and it is literally beside the window that they removed.

I hope they don't come back any time soon, I don't plan on being here much over the coming sessions.

Comment

Out of curisioty, did you ever find out what happened the thievs ?
                    Yeah, they were charged shortly after they were caught, but it was thrown out since because of lack of evidence.

Comment

Yeah, they were charged shortly after they were caught, but it was thrown out since because of lack of evidence.
                      Lack of evidence? One of them was halfway in the window!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                        Lack of evidence? One of them was halfway in the window!
                        Tell me about it. I have a feeling that the cops just weren't arsed doing all the necessary paperwork, for what they say would have been a short sentence. He basically said that eventually the guys would be caught for something worthwhile, and get a longer sentence for it.

Comment

Tell me about it. I have a feeling that the cops just weren't arsed doing all the necessary paperwork, for what they say would have been a short sentence. He basically said that eventually the guys would be caught for something worthwhile, and get a longer sentence for it.
                          I really hate the sound of what you've just said. What a load of BS. Makes the whole system pointless imo. Like wtf is a prison for? It's almost as if those cops don't understand. Fair enough, it's rare that someone will actually be rehabilitated but should that not be the purpose! Not this rubbish of, 'Oh well, sure we'll get him for something better.'

Comment

The estate I grew up on in Galway had about 100 houses and I can only remember one burglary in about 20 years of living there, while a mate of mine lived half the city away and break-ins were a fairly common occurrence in his area while I was in secondary school. What type of areas do burglars focus on - terraces (as mentioned above), the homes of the really rich (are there many burglaries in Foxrock, does anyone know?), areas they know well or areas where no-one would recognise them? Anyone know if any studies have been done on this, I'd love to read about it!

Comment

Fuck You Steve Beaton

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXm3Kp3FotM[/ame]

Comment

Beaten fucks up some load of coupons I'd say

Comment

That was a hard fight !! great last 3 darts.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Deserved to lose, played embarrasingly bad.
                                    Beaten by a fucking handicap.
                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

link to this or the relevant law change?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                        Ugh, what's this and what do I do to fix it?

Try this

If that doesnt help delete the C:\Program Files\postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file (it may not be there, that is perfectly fine)
                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                          link to this or the relevant law change?

edit: I am sure Keith would be more informed then me on the matter.
                                          Last edited by oleras; 16-12-10, 22:05.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

iirc macspower from the old place broke a robbers arm with a golf club when he put it through the letterbox to open the door, and ended up going to court and doing a good bit of community service

Comment

one of the lads goin to be on One Night Stand on rte 2 now,

going to hilarious

Comment

Cheers, the fact that this becomes law only in 2010 is ridiculous imo

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                  & as bad as it is now, RTE would turn into TV3 overnight without the money
                                                  Fine by me.

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                  more weather charts

wowzers
                                                  wow. I have no idea how to read them.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  My analysis (without charts, or runs, gfzs or whatever) is that we'll have a generally ok weekend as the Gulf Stream comes to our rescue early tomorrow morning. A bit parky though with temperatures around 3 celcius.

A bit of rain on Saturday, dry clear day Sunday.
                                                  Waiting for Lloyd's forecast.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  Hmmm, Stella might have shot herself in the foot with her picks for her team.
                                                  She has that short haired blonde chick? She was the biggest tool on the show.

Many years ago, my brother told me about when his friends house was broken into.
                                                  Big old house in Navan, long drive way, etc.

Friend heard burglar, got his shotgun and found him in the living room on his way out the window. Burglar got away.

Garda Sergeant said 'Shoot him, put another shot in the ceiling. Burglar came at you, you fire a warning shot, he kept coming.'

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

going to hilarious
                                                  What is his name?
                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                    Cheers, the fact that this becomes law only in 2010 is ridiculous imo
                                                    A lot of pinko lefties would disagree with you...lol

Found this link while searching somewhat ironic, is irony the right word ?
                                                    SPOILER

maybe its just racist...
                                                    Last edited by oleras; 16-12-10, 22:16.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                      iirc macspower from the old place broke a robbers arm with a golf club when he put it through the letterbox to open the door, and ended up going to court and doing a good bit of community service
                                                      At least he rendered him 'armless.
                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                                        Fine by me.

wow. I have no idea how to read them.

Waiting for Lloyd's forecast.

She has that short haired blonde chick? She was the biggest tool on the show.

Many years ago, my brother told me about when his friends house was broken into.
                                                        Big old house in Navan, long drive way, etc.

Friend heard burglar, got his shotgun and found him in the living room on his way out the window. Burglar got away.

Garda Sergeant said 'Shoot him, put another shot in the ceiling. Burglar came at you, you fire a warning shot, he kept coming.'

What is his name?
                                                        denis has not made a tit of himself yet, the gard

Comment

Just on break-ins.
                                                          We had one about 7 years ago. Happened at lunchtime. Thieves just came along and kicked in the front door. Went straight upstairs and grabbed any jewellery there was in the bedrooms. Ransacked the living room and sitting room and took anything they thought was valuable.
                                                          My sister was passing and saw the damage to the door and rang me. Of course by the time I gotr home (5 mins later) they were well gone. On the plus side, I have to say that the insurance company were extremely co-operative, and we had no problems getting reimbursed for what was missing.
                                                          These scumbags dont understand the effect their actions have on innocent people. We were very happy in that house/home, but after that, my wife just couldnt stay in the house alone, (i think women are much more affected by these things than men are). So six months later, I put the house on the market. We sold it, bought a site in the country and built a new house where we are now extremely happy, so thats a plus side.

Funny side to it: A canary yellow bank bag was up on the kitchen table waiting to be carted to the bank to be lodged as a weeks takings, and they just ran past it!!! I couldnt believe it when I saw it still sitting on the table.
                                                          The cops told me that they knew who done the break-in as there was quite a few going on at the time, but they had no way of proving it. A friend of mine within the force rang me about 12 months later, telling me the guy they suspected was up in court shortly for a number of similar offences. I went to the court and sat there with a big grin on my face as he got put inside for 18 months. Im pretty sure he didnt have a clue who I was (he wasnt a local), but it didnt stop me enjoying the moment. My wife and I went out that night for a celebration dinner. Hope he enjoyed whatever slops were served up to him.

Comment

They are taking the piss a bit with the darts now, 8 nights this first round takes. The players who win tonight don't get their next game for 11 days.

On a sad note just looking at the draw theres no Mardle or Manley in it, so we don't have the two best walkons to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                              Of course by the time I gotr home (5 mins later) they were well gone.
                                                              Wouldnt like to have been those guys if you got there in time Connie

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                Deserved to lose, played embarrasingly bad.
                                                                Beaten by a fucking handicap.
                                                                I dangled that carrot in front of you to take the bet. Could have been the start of your journey to break even v me

Comment

A lot of pinko lefties would disagree with you...lol

Found this link while searching somewhat ironic, is irony the right word ?
                                                                  SPOILER

maybe its just racist...
                                                                  I hate pinko lefties

Irony isn't the right word but I cant put my finger on it. I did have to look at the about section to figure out what was funny about that though

Comment

They are taking the piss a bit with the darts now, 8 nights this first round takes. The players who win tonight don't get their next game for 11 days.

On a sad note just looking at the draw theres no Mardle or Manley in it, so we don't have the two best walkons to look forward to.
                                                                    Barneys walk on is by far the best obv

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                      Barneys walk on is by far the best obv
                                                                      I like the song but other than a rather painful looking eyeroll Barney doesn't do a lot other than walk to the stage whilst the song is playing.

Mardle and Manley get involved in it a bit more imo, so better walkons imo.

Comment

Standard every year re first round.

Yeah two of them are finished, Nicholson and Barneys walk on ftw.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                        I dangled that carrot in front of you to take the bet. Could have been the start of your journey to break even v me
                                                                        Lol im still cracking Beaton let down my acca.
                                                                        Knew he always twitches the worlds but still put him in, fml.
                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Weather will be nowhere near severe as predicted. A little cold, some sleet around the country and maybe some stuff that sticks on high ground. Nothing particularly out of place for an Irish Winter cold snap. Back to 6 degrees plus or so by Tuesday.
                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                            Just on break-ins.
                                                                            We had one about 7 years ago. Happened at lunchtime. Thieves just came along and kicked in the front door. Went straight upstairs and grabbed any jewellery there was in the bedrooms. Ransacked the living room and sitting room and took anything they thought was valuable.
                                                                            My sister was passing and saw the damage to the door and rang me. Of course by the time I gotr home (5 mins later) they were well gone. On the plus side, I have to say that the insurance company were extremely co-operative, and we had no problems getting reimbursed for what was missing.
                                                                            These scumbags dont understand the effect their actions have on innocent people. We were very happy in that house/home, but after that, my wife just couldnt stay in the house alone, (i think women are much more affected by these things than men are). So six months later, I put the house on the market. We sold it, bought a site in the country and built a new house where we are now extremely happy, so thats a plus side.

Funny side to it: A canary yellow bank bag was up on the kitchen table waiting to be carted to the bank to be lodged as a weeks takings, and they just ran past it!!! I couldnt believe it when I saw it still sitting on the table.
                                                                            The cops told me that they knew who done the break-in as there was quite a few going on at the time, but they had no way of proving it. A friend of mine within the force rang me about 12 months later, telling me the guy they suspected was up in court shortly for a number of similar offences. I went to the court and sat there with a big grin on my face as he got put inside for 18 months. Im pretty sure he didnt have a clue who I was (he wasnt a local), but it didnt stop me enjoying the moment. My wife and I went out that night for a celebration dinner. Hope he enjoyed whatever slops were served up to him.
                                                                            Women do seem to take it harder.

I was only back from my honeymoon 2 or 3 days and back at work, i was on nights when i got a call from my wife saying someone was in the house. When i got home they were gone, they broke a rear patio door to get in, took VCR ( it was nearly 13 years ago..lol) with our wedding video my brother filmed, we had a copy but the fact we were on the video really upset her.

They also came up the stairs and came into the bedroom but when they saw someone under the covers they turned and left, at the time she was unsure if maybe it was me moving around downstairs after finishing work early, when they came into the room and left straight away she looked out the window and when she didnt see my car she knew it wasnt me.

She spent the next few months on and off sleeping on the couch when i was on nights, never felt comfortable there anymore.

Long gone now, out in the sticks now and dont even lock my car or garage and regularly leave the back door open when i go to bed.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                              Weather will be nowhere near severe as predicted. A little cold, some sleet around the country and maybe some stuff that sticks on high ground. Nothing particularly out of place for an Irish Winter cold snap. Back to 6 degrees plus or so by Tuesday.
                                                                              SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

going to hilarious
                                                                                Guy I play 5aside was on it a few weeks ago, harmless enough show. Another guy I went to school with was on Take me out. He looked a twat on it but got serious female attention for the last month to make up for it.

Comment

I like the song but other than a rather painful looking eyeroll Barney doesn't do a lot other than walk to the stage whilst the song is playing.

Mardle and Manley get involved in it a bit more imo, so better walkons imo.
                                                                                  He sings the fuckin song, gogogogogogogogogoggogo Barney

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-bsXTdsexw&feature=fvw[/ame]

Comment

Women do seem to take it harder.

I was only back from my honeymoon 2 or 3 days and back at work, i was on nights when i got a call from my wife saying someone was in the house. When i got home they were gone, they broke a rear patio door to get in, took VCR ( it was nearly 13 years ago..lol) with our wedding video my brother filmed, we had a copy but the fact we were on the video really upset her.

They also came up the stairs and came into the bedroom but when they saw someone under the covers they turned and left, at the time she was unsure if maybe it was me moving around downstairs after finishing work early, when they came into the room and left straight away she looked out the window and when she didnt see my car she knew it wasnt me.

She spent the next few months on and off sleeping on the couch when i was on nights, never felt comfortable there anymore.

Long gone now, out in the sticks now and dont even lock my car or garage and regularly leave the back door open when i go to bed.
                                                                                    Good thing that they left her be and turned on their heals.
                                                                                    Brother's house got broken into when he was away on business in Carlow, they wanted the car. Some well known gang, about 4-5 of them, went straight to the bedroom where the wife and kids were and were yelling at her for the keys.
                                                                                    Pretty scary stuff.
                                                                                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 16-12-10, 22:30.

Comment

Why was the second game tonight 4-1 ?
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A8o0s2zsi4[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                          I'm with you on this.
                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                            That guy in the beige wasn't the quickest to duck under the desk, he must be bullet proof.

Comment

it was a preliminary match.

Comment

Prelim game, legs not sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                                  Says alot about the American culture that a school needs armed security.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                    That guy in the beige wasn't the quickest to duck under the desk, he must be bullet proof.
                                                                                                    he's one of those people who doesn't react to things till other people do.

i have a friend like that, he does the same thing.

here's an example: we were in the south of france at some bull running event (course camarguaise for the aficionados). Anyway, there were no seats in the stands so we were in the outer bullring wathing the event. at one point the bull comes straight for us, and jumps over the barrier,i react pretty quickly and jump in the stands, but what i hadn't realised was that my friend was holding on to me, and as the bull jumps over, my friend yanks me down and throws me in front of the bull. i get trampled, he gets to the stands safe and sound. cunt

Comment

Worth a small punt on the upset ?
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                        Guy I play 5aside was on it a few weeks ago, harmless enough show. Another guy I went to school with was on Take me out. He looked a twat on it but got serious female attention for the last month to make up for it.
                                                                                                        who was he on it?

wat he do etc?

he get a blackout?

one of the girls sinead was here name is a kissagram/stripper thing

Comment

The Mrs wanted to know has the weather widget totally gone now on the HTC desire? For some reason seeing the snow belt off the window and the wind going about 60 miles an hour isn't a big enough hint!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            The Mrs wanted to know has the weather widget totally gone now on the HTC desire? For some reason seeing the snow belt off the window and the wind going about 60 miles an hour isn't a big enough hint!
                                                                                                            Mine was back this morning Tony.

Ask Gil to turn it off and on if it is still missing.

i would say i could take The Power in this match..lol
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

The Power odds against on the machine........

Comment

The Power odds against on the machine........
                                                                                                                Should be an intresting interview ! nervs ? new flights ? cant see him blame lack of confidence tbh.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Should be an intresting interview ! nervs ? new flights ? cant see him blame lack of confidence tbh.
                                                                                                                  Seems to just be out of form since Jackpot beat him in Dublin.

If he plays Barney, Wade, Whitlock, Anderson or Lewis in this form hes a goner.

Comment

So the winner of the UK Apprentice in 2011 gets £250,000 to start their own business which Alan Sugar will co-own.

Stuart Heritage: Lord Sugar's winner next year will get big money to start their own firm. Let's hope it will attract better contestants

Comment

Seems to just be out of form since Jackpot beat him in Dublin.

If he plays Barney, Wade, Whitlock, Anderson or Lewis in this form hes a goner.
                                                                                                                      Never seen him so bad, that was shocking. Just laid him for a nice chunk at evens, the fecker will probably get 105 average's from now on!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                                        Never seen him so bad, that was shocking. Just laid him for a nice chunk at evens, the fecker will probably get 105 average's from now on!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                        How can he blame the crowd ? you would swear its was his debuet...the guy gets constant abuse, and when throwing good thrives on it i would say. i would agree with the comment about you need the oposition to throw good to pull you along but he is world champion after all, should always bring his A game, dont know what to make of his " maybe i am finished" comment...
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                                          Id be hugely against him after that.

88 average and a bag of excuses in the interview.
                                                                                                                          He never plays like that, dont know if he can put it right in a week or so.

Roll on the quarters vs Lewis hopefully!!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X