This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Idk, it's just if a few are struggling to make it over. Meh, obv just wont say much, and most probably wont even notice.

If it was one night or w/e I'd happily go along, but just not a multi-day trip!
    I would advise staying in the hostel but getting a 2 man room if you are wories. Usually they are fine and otherwise you will miss out on most of the craic. Also backing up Loyds thoughts on the matter it will be negativley viewed and since you will undoubtable end up going back to the hostel for the post night out piss ups probably not worth it on balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
      I am in my ring putting pictures of my family up on this site.
      obviously find pictures of a better looking\more interesting\humorous family and post them instead

here's my own family:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

OK, I'm out of here in an hour, so just wanted to say happy stuff and merry everything to the people of IPB in case I don't get a chance to pop in over the next while. I'll probably be looking for bbv cliffs when I get back.

Adios amigos.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          OK, I'm out of here in an hour, so just wanted to say happy stuff and merry everything to the people of IPB in case I don't get a chance to pop in over the next while. I'll probably be looking for bbv cliffs when I get back.

Adios amigos.
          Let's run rampage while he's away.
          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
            I could tell from past posts you wouldn't take that well. LOL
            Anyone else think the new Kings of Leon song sound a lot like Mumford and sons
            Would make a difference from them copying U2 for the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
              A hostel is great craic as long as you don't want privacy or too much sleep. Sitting in the hallway till dawn break smoking pot with 15 or so fellow loons is more of an experience than lying in your hotel bed . If the up all night bit o craic experience of a field /class trip doesn't appeal I guess a hotel and some slippers is better.
              Been on many stags, best one was in a hostel in Carrick on Shannon. One guy got his head kicked in by a young wan, and refused to smack her back as he don't hit da wimmins. His mate had to deck her as he had more of a Sean Connery approach to wimmins in general. I left a jacket there in 2001 if anyone wants to collect it for me.
              hey I think you will find that roger moore is more the the women beaking type. Connery had a much more subtle approach to sexual violance.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                Any recommended new tunes BBV?
                Get on the grooveshark thread obv.

I'm currently enjoying the bluegrass stylings of Old Crow Medicine Show.

Comment

Adios amigos.
                  before you go, any chance you could crawl under the IPB Servertron2000 and apply a bucket of pig grease to the cogs. Maybe a few belts of a lump hammer as well while you're at it?

tyvm

Comment

Would make a difference from them copying U2 for the last 2 years.
                    Ah will you fucking stop!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      obviously find pictures of a better looking\more interesting\humorous family and post them instead

Comment

Premiership goalkeepers would be proud of this one

except the ball is going at about 145 kph, it's 5 inches across and hard

Adios Ponting
                        Nothing better than pulling off a full length dive and coming up with the ball in hand. I even preferred it to batting but then again as wicket keeper I was constantly involved in the game, I might have felt differently if I was relegated to deep 3rd man or something
                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Adios amigos.
                          Enjoy yourself Dom - all of us left here are fecking jealous of your trip!

Just took down my 2nd Sunday Million sat of the afternoon, if I manage to scoop a 3rd sat today I'll have a new record to aim at for the future Stars sats are the greatest things in poker.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                            Nothing better than pulling off a full length dive and coming up with the ball in hand. I even preferred it to batting but then again as wicket keeper I was constantly involved in the game, I might have felt differently if I was relegated to deep 3rd man or something
                            it was always good craic as captain to make someone field 3rd man at both ends

Comment

before you go, any chance you could crawl under the IPB Servertron2000 and apply a bucket of pig grease to the cogs. Maybe a few belts of a lump hammer as well while you're at it?

tyvm
                              Any issues, escalate them to CHD

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                Ah will you fucking stop!
                                So you honestly think touring as support for U2 didn't result in the guitarist suddenly thinking he was the Edge for the recording of Only by the Night? Vocally obviously they stayed the same style, but the guitar effects could have been lifted straight off All you can't leave behind or How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.

Comment

Any issues, escalate them to CHD

PM me my Admin details.

ty

Comment

So you honestly think touring as support for U2 didn't result in the guitarist suddenly thinking he was the Edge for the recording of Only by the Night? Vocally obviously they stayed the same style, but the guitar effects could have been lifted straight off All you can't leave behind or How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb.
                                    lol at anyone modelling themselves on the edge.

Comment

That's just cruel and unusual! I think you'd face a mutiny in short order though!
                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        I have no problem with giving RTE as much as it costs to provide the service that we need but the TV licence is a ridiculously expensive way of collecting it. That they do a crap job and grossly overpay their staff is a different issue.
                                        If it was an opt out tax it would be a lot more efficient imo

As long as your address had a fee attached to it & mammies house didn't count unless you proved you lived there

fuck all people would opt out so the inspectors would have a smaller pool of people to check up on and it would cut out all the payment handling costs

As for people who hate paying a licence

Dual thing here is a pisser but its a small country
                                        & as bad as it is now, RTE would turn into TV3 overnight without the money

For licence fees in general
                                        Taking England as an example
                                        NON-licenced channels are not free, everything you buy has a % of that price to pay for advertising (I remember being told it used to be about 1/3 on washing powder)

So the BBC is piss cheap at whatever it costs

If RTE was to run on advertising only, it would try to charge more for adverts (which you would pay) and drop anything approaching cultural product

Problem in Ireland is that government have never kept an eye on the old boys network that is RTE with regard to what they spend their money on
                                        (apart from making sure they don't slag off FF at election time)

Who on the planet would hire Tuberty at 1/3 his current wage
                                        Gerry Ryan's ratings went up on the days he was off and he still got fortunes
                                        Last edited by Guest; 16-12-10, 15:28.

Comment

TO Dom.
                                          Have a happy crimbo mate.

And now an Aussie joke. (apart from dar flamin Cricket team)

Bruce driving over Sydney Arbour Bridge, see his pregnant girlfriend about to jump off.

Strewth Shiela wtf?

Bruce, I'm pregnant with your child and you refuse to marry me, I'm going to kill myself.

Shiela Darlin, not only are you a great shag baby, you're a REAL SPORT to.

Comment

I honestly think that's a pile of shit tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                              Who on the planet would hire Tuberty at 1/3 his current wage
                                              Punch bag replacment, topless beehive keeper, crash test dummy the list of pointless but cruel jobs that I would find for tubbs is near endless

Comment

At home today, and got my first call from a scammer trying to tell me about computer security.

I really should have come up with a better line than "You are in your hole from the Windows Security Team, now Piss off".
                                                Well said.

Adios amigos.
                                                Hope you have a good trip man, take it easy
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post

Rounders actually seems more skillful if you can only hold the bat with one hand.
                                                  I demand this MOFO gets a slap with the banhammer

Comment

Adios amigos.
                                                    Have fun Dom.

The rest of you can bow down before your new leader.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_kGWWHwUXs[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                        PM me my Admin details.

ty
                                                        Did you decide on an avatar yet?

Comment

today I am mostly listening to Janis Joplin

what a voice
                                                          go on Grooveshark IMO
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

P.M sent

Comment

Wow iTunes is the most evin nasty piece of crappy bloatware I've ever seen. Its far worse than any virus.

WTF with taking 35 minutes to download a 135Mb podcast and then stopping if if you navigate away from the download page and starting from scratch again?

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                Can I suggest

Comment

Just got posted as a status by someone on my fb

Quote of the century:
                                                                  Aul Moanbag on Liveline, talking about cuts to the Widow's Pension: "The cuts are awful Joe, they've left the widows in No Man's Land"
                                                                  Genius
                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Wow iTunes is the most evin nasty piece of crappy bloatware I've ever seen. Its far worse than any virus.

WTF with taking 35 minutes to download a 135Mb podcast and then stopping if if you navigate away from the download page and starting from scratch again?
                                                                    I really like iTunes

Link to what you are trying to download, try it on mine and see if it is the same?

Comment

Irish abortion laws breach human rights

This
                                                                      will set the cat among the pigeons and it throws an enormous hand grenade into the election mix.

FFS! it really feels like we are reliving the early Eighties again
                                                                      Mate used to drive the "abortion bus" to England on the ferry

The double standard and the pretend blind eye

you cannot have an abortion here, fuck off like a dirty little whore and have one in England
                                                                      &
                                                                      welcome home when your done, did you have a nice holiday? anything to declare?

Comment

I think I'll get out of bed now.

Maybe try eat

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                          I really like iTunes

Comment

Winamp is still my player of choice. I despise iTunes
                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Comment

Adios amigos.
                                                                                few survival tips for life with the convicts

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8hF45fiAqQ[/ame]

my favourite gag:
                                                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obNwuswuIsg[/ame]

Comment

I'm far from an Apple fanboy but I also like iTunes, don't really see the issue with it. It's fast and does everything I want. I used to use Windows Media Player but it was shit and had a tendency of utterly destroying the ID tags on loads of my mp3s.
                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                    Winamp is still my player of choice. I despise iTunes
                                                                                    I am not as technically advanced as you guys clearly but Itunes suits me fine, choice of by album artist or song and if I am really crazy I can make a play list. What more do people really want?

Comment

Dermot Blain Ireland 360000
                                                                                      Level 19: 5,000-10,000, ante 1,000
                                                                                      Entries 563, 52 remain

52 players left in Prague, Dermot is still flying the flag for us.
                                                                                      twitter
                                                                                      moneybookers

Comment

Where is Dom of to for Christmas (sorry for being nosey )

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                          Where is Dom of to for Christmas (sorry for being nosey )
                                                                                          He's off to Oz..it'll be like Ben in Eastenders. He'll come back as a different character, 10 years older and we're asked not to mention it. Keep it on the down low

Enjoy it Dom
                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I just copied the link into iTunes and it brought up a few different selections, went into one downloaded 2 of the podcasts, 2 of them were downloading no problem and could navigate around other parts.

Comment

I would be very surprised if dbc doesn't have 2 accounts on the go recently, one parading about the bbv and the other doesn't seem to be able to find it. Obv I could be way off and it could be none.
                                                                                              Last edited by KevIRL; 22-01-13, 20:10.

Comment

Just got this email from a mate who is living in Columbia the past few months. No one knows him on here so I don't mind sharing and I hope ye enjoy his writing style as much as I do.

whats the craic. i havent slept in 2 days i think, last night was pretty fucked up. did 2 g'z with these english shitdicks, and then we got hookers. i had a thick lad ready.for her but by the time we got into the shitty "ho"tel room and she somehow got her pants off her legs i for the first time experienced irreparable shrinkage, so instead of busting her hoop wide open i slowly closed it by repeatedly chipping away down there with my now trademarked "3 inch blue veined diamond cutter". with my little spanish i explained to her i couldnt stop thinking of joe coles previous 4 months performance and i was sorry and i had to go.

havent slept since

i dont normally fuck hookers, but if i did i wouldnt do schnarf beforehand.

everyday a schoolday
                                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Whats the story here. is that out of some film or tv show?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utFlCpFG0iI[/ame]

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZrf0PbAGSk&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZrf0PbAGSk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ7wH0cWlww&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

This is excellent.

Rant half way through is absolutely incredible!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEDbJd1dCmA[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                                                            Dermot Blain Ireland 360000
                                                                                                            Level 19: 5,000-10,000, ante 1,000
                                                                                                            Entries 563, 52 remain

52 players left in Prague, Dermot is still flying the flag for us.
                                                                                                            1. Haykel Cherif Vidal
                                                                                                            2. Kevin Stani
                                                                                                            3. Paul Knebel
                                                                                                            4. Ronan Monfort
                                                                                                            5. Peter Skripka
                                                                                                            6. Dermot Blain
                                                                                                            7. Josh Prager
                                                                                                            8. Kevin MacPhee

I've been on easier tables than this!!!!
                                                                                                            twitter
                                                                                                            moneybookers

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNivRdxaXSQ&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

I realised today (well, I always knew it I suppose, just didn't want to deal with it) that I owe tax on all the foreign dividends paid to me since 2004, so I logged onto www.ros.ie to update the current and previous years' records with the specifics.

However, I was in Oz / SE Asia for much of 2007 and didn't start with PPP till early 2008, so I don't have an record for the year 2007 in www.ros.ie as I didn't have a job in Ireland at any stage that year; anyone know how I should handle this? Forget about making a declaration about that year's dividend income for the moment, or actually write to Revenue (as I can't see a way of updating online, unlike for the other years when I've a PAYE record).

I also want to claim relief for some health expenditure in 2010 but it only seems to allow you to claim online for previous years, so won't be able to do so until January, very annoying. The system is pretty decent regardless though, it seems Revenue is the easiest government department to deal with in my experience.

Comment

I'm not religious but I'm pretty sure if there were elves in the bible I'd be a little more interested!
                                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

more weather charts

wowzers

Comment

anyone having a problem depositing money to Full Tilt from moneybookers..
                                                                                                                      I deposited €20 there and it seems to have gone into mid air...not in my moneybookers anymore nor in my full tilt account :/

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                        I realised today (well, I always knew it I suppose, just didn't want to deal with it) that I owe tax on all the foreign dividends paid to me since 2004, so I logged onto www.ros.ie to update the current and previous years' records with the specifics.

However, I was in Oz / SE Asia for much of 2007 and didn't start with PPP till early 2008, so I don't have an record for the year 2007 in www.ros.ie as I didn't have a job in Ireland at any stage that year; anyone know how I should handle this? Forget about making a declaration about that year's dividend income for the moment, or actually write to Revenue (as I can't see a way of updating online, unlike for the other years when I've a PAYE record).

I also want to claim relief for some health expenditure in 2010 but it only seems to allow you to claim online for previous years, so won't be able to do so until January, very annoying. The system is pretty decent regardless though, it seems Revenue is the easiest government department to deal with in my experience.
                                                                                                                        There is a revenue place off O Connell Street at Burker King down the Savoy side (what directions ) place seemed pretty cool for getting stuff filled out and requested maybe give it a try if you cant sort it out online?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X