This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    Teniously linking cricket to the following subject. Friend of mine came home from thailand with about 20 Euros worth of BAT coins. There are about 40 Bat in a Euro. The Bat is exactly the same size and shape and look as the 2 Euro coin.
    So please be careful should you place these bat coins in vending machines and parking meters you might be harming the economy. Please dispose of them or place them in a drawer. (sips cool refreshing diet coke)
    My revenge on vending machines begins.
    I brought home loads of those when I was there. Cheap smokes for a month.

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
      Anyone seen the thread on 2p2? Ronaldo was playing Jungleman at 200nl the other day and PA this morning at 25/50. His screename is CR7sete.
      I read that thread. It made the football arguments in here sound like genius discussion between people with knowledge beyond their years.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
        Anyone seen the thread on 2p2? Ronaldo was playing Jungleman at 200nl the other day and PA this morning at 25/50. His screename is CR7sete.
        Link?

I assume ronni is crushing souls?
        Profit before people.

Comment

Teniously linking cricket to the following subject. Friend of mine came home from thailand with about 20 Euros worth of BAT coins. There are about 40 Bat in a Euro. The Bat is exactly the same size and shape and look as the 2 Euro coin.
          So please be careful should you place these bat coins in vending machines and parking meters you might be harming the economy. Please dispose of them or place them in a drawer. (sips cool refreshing diet coke)
          They won't go into vending machines Willie. Unfortunately they are a little skinnier. I even got them handed back to me by a barman at around 2 in the morning(although he was asian). Your best bet is to dump them off to the Mary Byrnes behind tills.

Comment

Can someone link me to the thread that was started about decent phones to buy recently? Can't find it now. My Sony Ericsson Vivaz got smashed up on Sat night and O2 told me it'd be €299 for a replacement model, fook that! Trying to get something cheaper with decent web browsing

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
              Can someone link me to the thread that was started about decent phones to buy recently? Can't find it now. My Sony Ericsson Vivaz got smashed up on Sat night and O2 told me it'd be €299 for a replacement model, fook that! Trying to get something cheaper with decent web browsing

Comment

and people say drummers have no musical ability.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D2o8F2MOuI&[/ame]

If you get bored, make sure you watch from 5mins on

Comment

^^^^ Posted it yesterday Emmet. Someone posted another clip since of him on one of the got talent shows during the summer.

Just found a few more

Jackson Tribute

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh97DYtr3x8[/ame]

Disney

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apO_cyZIZBo[/ame]

Beatles

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jif4fHAz4bE[/ame]

Opr
                  Last edited by Opr; 06-12-10, 11:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                    ^^^^ Posted it yesterday Emmet. Someone posted another clip since of him on one of the got talent shows during the summer.

Opr

anyone want to talk about conditional expectation? Snell envelopes? Super Martingales?

My head is fried, and we get a fresh battering of 4 inches of snow and continuing. So gonna get cabin fever too

Comment

Excellent and funny new Charlie Brooker column.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...arrassing-info

Comment

What we should do is not grit the roads and from the money saved, we can have a civic reception for Mary Byrne for coming 4th in a 'talent' competition Why don't we go the whole hog and have an open top bus trip down O'Connell St for her and close off the city for the day. Un-fucking-real !!

PS WD RDIII on your win.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                          They won't go into vending machines Willie. Unfortunately they are a little skinnier. I even got them handed back to me by a barman at around 2 in the morning(although he was asian). Your best bet is to dump them off to the Mary Byrnes behind tills.
                          Got me a diet coke from someone we both know who used it in a vending machine. (and one of them new ones too)

What did Raoul win?

Comment

been away for a while, but should have invested in grit imo..

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                @emmet: was that Chinese guy yesterday drinking beer in the library?
                                yup, was on his fourth pint can of Carlsberg when I saw him, had at least 4 more in a bag at his feet.

They do things very differently here obviously!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  bloody freezing in this office today. Wish I had brought a hoodie with me.
                                  Part 1 section 7 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007. S.I. No. 299 of 2007

Room temperature.
                                  7. (1) An employer shall ensure that—
                                  (a) during working hours, the temperature in rooms containing workstations is
                                  appropriate for human beings, having regard to the working methods being used and
                                  the physical demands placed on the employees,
                                  (b) for sedentary office work, a minimum temperature of 17.5°C, so far as is reasonably
                                  practicable, is achieved and maintained at every workstation after the first hour’s
                                  work,
                                  (c) for other sedentary work, at every workstation where a substantial proportion of the
                                  work is done sitting and does not involve serious physical effort, a minimum
                                  temperature of 16°C is, so far as is reasonably practicable, achieved and maintained
                                  after the first hour’s work,
                                  (d) means are available to enable persons at work to measure the temperature in any
                                  workplace inside a building,
                                  (e) the temperature in rest areas, rooms for duty staff, sanitary facilities, canteens and
                                  first-aid rooms is appropriate to the particular purpose of such areas, and
                                  (f) in relation to windows, skylights and glass partitions, excessive effects of sunlight
                                  are avoided in places of work, having regard to the nature of the work and the
                                  characteristics of the place of work.
                                  (2) The temperature referred to in paragraphs (1)(b) and (c) shall be a dry bulb temperature
                                  taken at the working position of the employee at 1.1 m above the floor surface.
                                  (3) Where, due to process requirements, a workplace temperature below 16°C is necessary,
                                  the employer shall assess the risks and take any necessary measures to ensure the safety,
                                  health and welfare of the employer’s employees.
                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

What did Raoul win?
                                    nothing really, a few quid in an onlineament while I was watching the cricket on Sat night, worked out at about 2500 yoyos for the night's entertainment.

5/6 the draw now; it never rains in Adelaide, weather gods are clearly Australian. You should have taken my 9/4!
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

lol
                                      Snow forces eight-day lock-in at Kirkbymoorside pub
                                      Snow surrounding the Lion Inn in January 2010 The pub stands at the highest point of the North York Moors National Park

A couple and five staff spent eight days trapped inside one of Britain's highest pubs because of heavy snow.

The Lion Inn at Blakey Ridge, near Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire, was cut off since Friday last week, as 20ft (6.1m) of snow drifted against the pub.

The couple, from Darlington, were trapped until a plough made its way over the North York Moors and they followed it back to the nearest town.

The staff remained until the road was officially opened on Saturday night.

The Lion Inn is also a bed and breakfast and during their eight days inside the pub the couple and staff were able to stay in its bedrooms.

Speaking before the pub reopened, chef Daniel Butterworth admitted he had been talking to himself during the enforced lock-in.

At first the staff, all aged under 25, got stuck into the drinks, he said, but on the third day they eased off.

"We haven't been getting ratty," he said. "It's been fun and we have had a laugh.

"We have been getting on with little jobs, having our tea, a drink, playing games and then going to bed.

We have had people phoning up asking to get trapped in, but it's kind of boring now and I would like to go home”

"The bosses aren't here, they are snowed out.

"We have wireless internet here and the television works so we have been fine."

During the day, the couple and staff managed to get out onto the snow on improvised sledges made from beer trays.

The beer did not run out and there was plenty of food at the inn, which stands 1,325ft (404m) above sea level.

Mr Butterworth admitted the icy internment had not been all fun.

"I have been going a bit crazy, doing weird things like talking to myself," he said on Saturday.

"Hopefully, we will get some more customers in when the road opens again. I could do with some more company.

"We have had people phoning up asking to get trapped in, but it's kind of boring now and I would like to go home."

Comment

It's PIZZA time, just ordered 12 pizzas and sides....I am such a good boss.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                          so you've gone from being a 'prick' to a 'brown-nosing prick'

you cannot win

Comment

Got me a diet coke from someone we both know who used it in a vending machine. (and one of them new ones too)
                                            I'd be very careful about using them in work, the vending machine boys will charge the company for any losses.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              so you've gone from being a 'prick' to a 'brown-nosing prick'

you cannot win
                                              I know!!
                                              They don't realise it yet but we have embedded performance enhancing drugs into the pizza dough to get a few extra % productivity out of them

Comment

Xavi, Iniesta and Messi announced as the final 3 for the Ballon d'or. Surprised that Sneijder isn't there, although it's difficult to knock one of those 3 out. Perhaps Messi? We all know how brilliant he is, but he had a relatively poor World Cup. Sneijder won the CL and was superb throughout the WC too. It will be a difficult choice obviously.

Comment

Opr

Comment

Season finale of The Walking Dead to look forward to, fingers crossed its good + season finale of Boardwalk Empire as well but have a few episodes of that to catch up on.
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I heard this on the radio this morning and thought it was my imagination ... apparently not

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1G6osCnsbA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

BTW the minister involved was interviewed about how they are going to guarantee access to universal 50Mb broadband in the UK by 2015, we'll probably be back to 28.8baud modems by then. Sigh!
                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-12-10, 13:22.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I gave up on the Walking Dead, such a let down. Looks like Darabont feels the same as he has fired his entire writing staff!

Edit - He wrote the first two episode himself which were by far the strongest.

Opr
                                                        Last edited by Opr; 06-12-10, 13:20.

Comment

Opr
                                                          Exactly what was ordered. So full now think i might close the office door and take a quick 10 minute power nap.

Comment

I gave up on the Walking Dead, such a let down. Looks like Darabont feels the same as he has fired his entire writing staff!

Edit - He wrote the first two episode himself which were by far the strongest.

Opr
                                                            Ive enjoyed it overall, took a little dip in parts, hopefully it will comeback strong for Season 2.

I like episode 5 was the highest viewed with circa 5 million viewers higher than Mad Men and Breaking Bad by a good bit.

Exactly what was ordered. So full now think i might close the office door and take a quick 10 minute power nap.
                                                            Love power naps

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                              Xavi, Iniesta and Messi announced as the final 3 for the Ballon d'or. Surprised that Sneijder isn't there, although it's difficult to knock one of those 3 out. Perhaps Messi? We all know how brilliant he is, but he had a relatively poor World Cup. Sneijder won the CL and was superb throughout the WC too. It will be a difficult choice obviously.
                                                              Iniesta's nomination and likely win is stupid, he spent most of 2010 injured or struggling to get back to full fitness before another injury. The impact the world cup has on these things is silly, the champions league is a far higher standard and tougher test if you want to base an entire year of football on one competition which is daft anyway, basing it in five or six games in summer mainly against shit oppositon seems quite flawed
                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Question for the almighty BBV,

Looking to pick up a compact digital camera for my sister for Christmas, anybody have any recommendations or have you seen any good deals around?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                  So that Solskjaer fellow was spot on then. I should be working for that Russian outfit FIFA. Sneijder Smeijder

got one of those lucky lloyd type handshakes this morning, I think I'd like to hear rounders views on limp handshakes.

Rounders?

Comment

Just saw Vesty was 3/34250 in the 1/4 mill on stars last night for $14.4k. Haven't seen or heard of the guy in months, nice score nonetheless.

Comment

Just seen Friday Night Lights Season 5 started back in October!! Watched the first 4 and found them very enjoyable. Anyone been watching season 5, is it up to much?

Comment

Speaking of pizza deals, I'm a huge Milano's fan and this deal seems good: http://www.milanooffers.ie/

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                          Iniesta's nomination and likely win is stupid, he spent most of 2010 injured or struggling to get back to full fitness before another injury. The impact the world cup has on these things is silly, the champions league is a far higher standard and tougher test if you want to base an entire year of football on one competition which is daft anyway, basing it in five or six games in summer mainly against shit oppositon seems quite flawed
                                                                          I completely disagree, Sneijder played well in the world cup and people are using that as one of the reasons why he should be selected. Yes he played well also in the CL. However that campaign was masterminded by Mourino and it was their defence that were so good and ultimately kept Barca at bay. For their part Xavi, Inesta and Messi have been playing brilliant football for the last 18 months and in my view also had an off night against Inter. that cost them the CL itself. A prefect selection for my taste buds anyway.

* I would argue that Rooney should be there as up to the World cup he was up there with the best in terms of performance and skill levels.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                                                            Just seen Friday Night Lights Season 5 started back in October!! Watched the first 4 and found them very enjoyable. Anyone been watching season 5, is it up to much?
                                                                            Yeah like you had no idea it was back them seen it on a site one morning, YES! Have the first 5 episodes downloaded but havent gotten to them yet looking forward to watching it back to back its a great show.

Shame I think this is gonna be the final season

Comment

got one of those lucky lloyd type handshakes this morning, I think I'd like to hear rounders views on limp handshakes.

Rounders?
                                                                              never be too weak, never be too strong. the secret to a good handshake is to judge how the handshake will be recieved.

never extend you hand with the palm down (unless you're a mason or pretending to be one) as it's a display of dominance. If people do that to me I counter it by putting my free hand over theirs.

meet thumb to thumb, slight grip.

light grips just make me think the person is uncomfortable with human interaction and or the situation in whiuch they are meeting you.
                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                I'd be very careful about using them in work, the vending machine boys will charge the company for any losses.
                                                                                Too late Tony toooo late, the diet coke is long gone and I have my eye on one of those pink snacks. This new machine has a 100% drop success rate in paying off the customer. Even so I still have this nearly uncontrolable desire to shake it , that last tightfisted machine has ruined it for the behaving compliant machines.

Comment

Anyone see this the other evening? Quite funny.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvhhd36fxPw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                                                                    it's more of the same really. still an enjoyable watch, but as Tyler said, it's the last season which is probably a good thing.

Comment

Front page of the Irish Times online there, some girl using Ski Poles walking to work in Dublin, lol

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                        Anyone see this the other evening? Quite funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvhhd...layer_embedded
                                                                                        Think he handled it v well. Owens is a class act as a ref.

See the scrum half Knoyles with the cheap shot on 20yr old Dom Ryan @ 2mins in. Real poor form

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-12-10, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                              Question for the almighty BBV,

Looking to pick up a compact digital camera for my sister for Christmas, anybody have any recommendations or have you seen any good deals around?
                                                                                              what 's your budget?

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                never be too weak, never be too strong. the secret to a good handshake is to judge how the handshake will be recieved.

never extend you hand with the palm down (unless you're a mason or pretending to be one) as it's a display of dominance. If people do that to me I counter it by putting my free hand over theirs.

meet thumb to thumb, slight grip.

light grips just make me think the person is uncomfortable with human interaction and or the situation in whiuch they are meeting you.
                                                                                                A good reply and it seems anyone following it will have a good grounding on the ol handshake, however, I need a more neurotic answer that only Rounders and his ilk can provide.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                  A good firm handshakes with the right nudges and tweaks is a necessity for conveying membership of the 'society'. Limp handshake really makes you doubt the person is so many ways.
                                                                                                  I've found that most Africans really don't like shaking hands and will only just place their hand limply into yours when offered, quite a strange cultural phenomenon. White Afrikaaners however take a handshake as a challenge to their manhood and will endeavour to break all of your fingers.

funny people

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

See the scrum half Knoyles with the cheap shot on 20yr old Dom Ryan @ 2mins in. Real poor form
                                                                                                    For sure, he handled the scenario very efficiently and was fair to both teams while drawing the line against any further transgressions. Just funny to see that many big lads being to told stfu and grow up. Owens is a top ref, I like the way he continues dialogue with captains and is consistent all through games.

Comment

A good reply and it seems anyone following it will have a good grounding on the ol handshake, however, I need a more neurotic answer that only Rounders and his ilk can provide.

ah, in that case:

"GERMS OMG GERMS INFLAME MY ASBERGERS"
                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

I hate that Welsh mong of a commentator. Has a chuckle over some knacker scrum half trying (and failing) to get cheap digs in on Dom Ryan but is up in arms about the hit SOB put in

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          I suspect Solksjaer's company can afford it

Comment

what's with the thread title btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                              I remember they used to work back in 2003 but they are not the same weight and they stopped working in vending machines for smokes as (I was told) they were able to adjust the machine somehow

Must dig a few out and try them again as am sure I have loads of them lying around somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                                                                                I hate that Welsh mong of a commentator. Has a chuckle over some knacker scrum half trying (and failing) to get cheap digs in on Dom Ryan but is up in arms about the hit SOB put in
                                                                                                                I can understand it though.

Whistle is gone, SOB hits someone high and late. Yellow Card almost all the time. Even if he protests that he didn't hear the whistle, his tackle is still high.

Dom Ryan would've murdered that 9. He's put on serious weight and muscle in the last year. I used to see him in college, if you can watch the video of him killing Cussiter and subsequently getting binned (unfairly) for not rolling away, and then look at the size of him now, its a ridiculous growth spurt!

And commentators are "Homers" anyway, never gonna give much respect for opposing aggression, and then "sure it was handbags" for home players doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  Moderately amusing discussion of the Martingale System from boards.ie gambling forum, with a bit of sidetrack discussion about poker bankroll management.
                                                                                                                  Hey all I've been doing a little reading on betting systems and probability.

Cliffs:
                                                                                                                  Martingale works best on roulette if you only start it after waiting for 4 blacks/reds/evens/odds to have already happened.
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  Just got banned for calling that dude delusional. Bizarre.
                                                                                                                  Its very easy to get dragged into a pointless debate with him.

I'd actually blame the mods (never even heard of the guy who banned you, seems to be relatively new to boards). Any mod of a gambling forum should be giving a warning to anyone who defends martingale, second time should be a banning. Its the poker equivalent of an 'Its all rigged' thread.
                                                                                                                  Anyone pointing out how delusional a viewpoint it is should be defended by the mods.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    I've found that most Africans really don't like shaking hands and will only just place their hand limply into yours when offered, quite a strange cultural phenomenon. White Afrikaaners however take a handshake as a challenge to their manhood and will endeavour to break all of your fingers.

funny people
                                                                                                                    Well it's better than some chesse eating surrender monkey trying to kiss you on both cheeks. How do you offer them a limp cheek? I had the audacity to stop a Frenchie in mid greeting, he got the 1st smacker off on one cheek and was moving in for the 2nd smacker when I cut him off with a nice cross arm block, enough! I am not French I am straight sez I.
                                                                                                                    It seems you can't sit at the bar in the George without some apparent French bloke coming up and greeting you. Last time I go in there let me tell you. French people everywhere. It could have been Icarus wearing a false moustache. (hmmm)

Comment

lol Newcastle. Sacked Chris Hughton. Always good for entertainment is that club.
                                                                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

lol Newcastle. Sacked Chris Hughton. Always good for entertainment is that club.
                                                                                                                        seriously?

they should be making him president for life with the start they've had

Comment

Such a disgraceful sacking. I hope they go down now. Bad result/performance yesterday but 19pts from 16 games is very good for a promoted side and they hockied Sunderland.

What more could he have done?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X