This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
    Problem is, most of them will require a local address to open one. I now have 2 deposit accounts, one in £ and one in €.

I may accept and hold your monies for a small handling fee tho!

Oh, on another note, just got my tax free allowance for 2011. Basic allowance is 10k. Just had an offer accepted on a house, with Barclays Wealth extending me my mortgage. 100% tax relief on mortgage interest on any house situated on-island* = I will effectively be paying <10% tax.

* - it used to be any house you had a mortgage on globally

In other news, I am off to Moscow on Monday for a week with work.

/shameless brag

So I cant open an account with any of those British offshore banks with an Irish address?

Comment

If I was to find myself selling a product to a school as an aid to teaching would it be subject to VAT. I presume not but want to make sure
      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
        It is not as if the Opposition's failings are somehow of a similar magnitude to the Government's record of ineptitude, even though there are some people on boards or politics.ie who argue in this way, and are as angry at the Opposition as at the Government; it is actually mind-blowing to me!

The biggest mistakes of the Government have been in the past two years, not in the years prior to this (whch were failure filled, definitely!), so the GE manifestos are not as important in this sense I think. I am sure we'd still be in a lot of trouble with an FG / Lab government, that goes without saying, but I like to think not as much....wishful thinking?
        I think so. *Shrugs*
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Lol stick it up your mortarboard! Genius.

Come on you two, I was really looking forward to this! Out with thr knives!

The drunk Irishman versus the potato stealer.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
            Its a four year program. The Gamsat has 3 sections, verbal reasoning, essays and biology,chemistry, physics. A bit different to Gmat and gre in that it requires at least a couple of months study (particularly if u didnt do any science in your degree, which i didn't)
            well I only studies for a month and as a result I didnt apply to England because my original reason for taking the fecking thing in the first place was a prop bet but I got obsessed with it and went to a few open days and all of a sudden being a doctor was all I could think about

I got 59 which gets me in comfortably based on the last 4 years scores but the way the country is going you never know...nervous 9 months ahead

Comment

Lads, consider Edinburgh for medicine. Plenty of top class colleges here

Comment

Some more Modern Family love

[NSFW="A collection of bouncy Sofia Vergara gifs"]

[/NSFW]
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

By the way, I sincerely hope the Irish Rugby team pay heed to what is going down here the last couple of days and the current mood of the nation. Yes, sport doesn't matter, but the last thing people need to see / hear tomorrow is abject humiliation and embarrassment by 20 - 30 points+

Hopefully they'll go out there and put their bodies on the line like the red jerseys did in Limerick two years ago.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

anyone want to stake me for the Voodoo big game on Sunday? €50 gets you 60% and I'm due a run good.
                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

Come on you two, I was really looking forward to this! Out with thr knives!
                      Yeah me too,it looked set for being an awesome clash of two of IPB heavyweights, our own rumble in the BBV jungle. It had be brewing for weeks too. Kinda feels like it was stopped in the first round for a stupid blood
                      injury. I think I've exhausted the boxing anolgy at this stage...
                      Profit before people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          Lads, consider Edinburgh for medicine. Plenty of top class colleges here
                          yes definitely - If I dont get in anywhere in Ireland by next Sept I'll def be applying to Edinburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                            well I only studies for a month and as a result I didnt apply to England because my original reason for taking the fecking thing in the first place was a prop bet but I got obsessed with it and went to a few open days and all of a sudden being a doctor was all I could think about

I got 59 which gets me in comfortably based on the last 4 years scores but the way the country is going you never know...nervous 9 months ahead
                            What degree did you do before Tony?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                              Going to guess that no-one has any knowledge of this

- but does anyone have experience with virtual money schemes? It's along the idea that you might mow someones lawn and that would earn you a virtual currency that you could then use to get your hair cut etc. The idea is that cash isn't involved, its purely about providing a service and 'earning' the right to another service.

Have been obsessed about it for years because my professor in Stirling uni ran the Stirling city version of the scheme and she's such a fascinating and brilliant person.

/ Going to be putting in a proposal at the end of next week and have an idea around virtual money in my head, but not sure how to turn it into practice. Would be genuinely interested in ways of implementing it.

(think we're talking about circa 500k in funding if successful)
                              So if I have this right, it's some form of advanced barter system using virtual money? How is the initial virtual money put into circulation? Is their anyway of taking it out of circulation? Is the aim for it to replace dole payments or similar (or has this not even crossed your mind?)
                              It is a fascinating idea alright, any links to articles about the Stirling city scheme? I did a quick google but didnt come across anything.
                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                What degree did you do before Tony?
                                BSc Athletic Therapy and Training. An Athletic Therapist is what they call a sports physio in the states so the course blossomed from that. I did extra qualifications in strength training and conditioning because it complimented my course pretty well

Comment

Oh I thought you did SSH.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                    BSc Athletic Therapy and Training. An Athletic Therapist is what they call a sports physio in the states so the course blossomed from that. I did extra qualifications in strength training and conditioning because it complimented my course pretty well
                                    That would have given you fairly good grounding in the stuff for the GAMSAT starting off I guess yeah?

Comment

ah no, think its been sorted:

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        That would have given you fairly good grounding in the stuff for the GAMSAT starting off I guess yeah?
                                        yeah most definitely - I was always good at biology and physics. I found chemistry tough but I could always pull it up with my balla english skills

Comment

Jaysus, getting raped in poker today so far, time for a few hours break I think - I'm continually amazed by the amount of players with OPR ratings of less than 50% who play dozens of tournaments a day, each and every day, it is great for the poker economy but surely if they are pissing away thousands a year (or tens of thousands in some cases) someone needs to tell them to stop for their own good? Particularly surprised at those who have significant drip-drip losses in PLO MTTs, I would think you either learn how to play and stick with it or go back to NLH, not stay playing month after month throwing away your hard earned cash.

Going to Montys of Kathmandu for dinner tomorrow night before heading out, can't wait, it is awesome. Saagar are having another good deal on Boardsdeals.ie if anyone is interested, I got this a few months ago and it really was ok, so will go again. What do people think of Marco Pierre White's place on Dawson Street? I've never been but might go next Tuesday before the comedy gig in the Olympia.

Comment

Does anybody know what the story is with Dicey's Jaegerbombs by the way? I must have had 12 of them last night and I was hardly drunk and not a bit hungover today.

I feek robbed

Comment

So setting up an offshore account seems like a sensible option, would rabbodirect.ie be a safe place for the loots. ??

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                So setting up an offshore account seems like a sensible option, would rabbodirect.ie be a safe place for the loots. ??

Keytrade bank has been recommended a few times

Comment

Urgh I have the mother of all hangovers

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                    Urgh I have the mother of all hangovers
                                                    Drink a bottle of cough medicine and spend the day watching funny films. Endorphins and drugs, sorted!

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                      If I was to find myself selling a product to a school as an aid to teaching would it be subject to VAT. I presume not but want to make sure
                                                      Anyone?
                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by The Istanbul View Post
                                                        Drink, drugs or a combo Danny?
                                                        Neither i'm afraid, just raw inspiration.
                                                        Here 6 years now and you have me converted.

Congrats colquhom and bubbleking, well played lads!
                                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Drink a bottle of cough medicine and spend the day watching funny films. Endorphins and drugs, sorted!
                                                          Or even better:

SPOILER
                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

or a couple of these.

Comment

Keytrade bank has been recommended a few times
                                                              i know the .ie but there a dutch company so assume there's no ties to Ireland other than they open Irish accounts? pretty clueless on this though just would make sense. Kinda funny how my money is probably safer if I just didn't cash it out of poker clients....

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                or a couple of these.

haha so this is what my mates that have been over in the States for summers have been raving about!!
                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                  haha so this is what my mates that have been over in the States for summers have been raving about!!
                                                                  Its meant to be absolute rocket fuel!

Comment

They are disastrous! Had one called Joos last year, essentially drinking a bottle of wine, and 5 espressos at the same time!

Comment

Congrats guys on your GAMSAT results. Hope you get in where you wish.

Comment

i know the .ie but there a dutch company so assume there's no ties to Ireland other than they open Irish accounts? pretty clueless on this though just would make sense. Kinda funny how my money is probably safer if I just didn't cash it out of poker clients....
                                                                        It's in Irish jurisdiction though and is under the same rules and regulations as aib or BOI. You need to have the money out of the govt's eyes to get it 'offshore'.

I have a Uk rbs accept but only cause I live here now, I don't know much about opening accounts in countries you are not resident in, by Herr Raoul has recommended Keytrade, and no other names have really come up

Comment

some more "I told you so" for Raoul and Vandetta
                                                                          Irish times breaking new.
                                                                          Run on AIB sees deposits fall by EUR13bn since start of year
                                                                          Last edited by smurph; 19-11-10, 16:19.
                                                                          Follow me in twitterland

Comment

While on the subject of moving money to an offshore. We have a few grand in the AIB but we also have an Ulster Bank Account. If we move everything in the UB, is that secure enough and problem solved?

Comment

If your money is in any of the three Irish banks, it is currently safer than it's ever been. In fact, any money deposited in an Irish bank is currently safer than it's ever been in the history of this nation. Three of the largest economies in the world are currently queueing up to make sure that your bankroll is 100% safe, because if anything happens to it then they will be completely and utterly fucked. Don't go wasting your time, spending money on transfer fees and incurring early withdrawal penalties from savings accounts because of irrational panic. Your money is fine.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Your money is fine under the bank guarantee scheme which is backed by the EU but I’m not waiting until that runs out. I’ve cleared my AIB account(bar still getting pay in there) and moved it to Rabbo whilst waiting for these keytrade forms.

Anyone who set up with keytrade how long does it usually take after you sent away the forms?
                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

It's in Irish jurisdiction though and is under the same rules and regulations as aib or BOI.
                                                                                  i.e none at all lol.
                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I agree with Andy, however we all know the value of bankroll management (oh the irony), and even if there is a relatively small chance of Ireland going completely tits up, it would be wise to spread your roll as you are effectively betting on the ability of Irish banks to continue as is by keeping you money with them.

However, for most people it matters not!

Comment

or a couple of these.

I had seem some stuff online about these lately but had no idea what so ever as to what they were.

Comment

Hey Bubble, if ya get limerick, I'll have a room coming up to rent about then Got a lecturer in at the moment, her contract ends in summer.
                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

or a couple of these.

Is that the new bucky? I was reading below and refuse to believe this statement.

Joe and Vicki Keiran say their son Jason was pushed over the edge after drinking Four Loko, which contains the equivalent of 18 beers and six coffees in just one can.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz15kFwzHgT
                                                                                          Last edited by RasTa; 19-11-10, 16:10.
                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Some of you should be looking for tin foil hats IMO.
                                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Upoming gigs. Tom baxter in Whelans twice next week should be good and even though I'm not a HUGE fan, the magic numbers play Whelans on Dec 3rd.
                                                                                              both gigs very good value for money.

Comment

At smoothcall, i'd be looking to diversify where your loots are held. Real gold/silver are rated by many as a good investment. Keeping your entire net worth in Euros/US is probably not an optimal strategy. I'm currently looking into fixed interest bonds and Zurich life funds on the advice of a more financially savvy friend.
                                                                                                Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Meant to post this the other day, solsk's post just reminded me there

gigs tonight

savage live!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HEzy1fdOsQ[/ame]
                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKSpT8IveAg[/ame]
                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 19-11-10, 16:34.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ass2VodOBho[/ame]

Comment

A few lol's for Friday

Original ad:
                                                                                                      i want a flatscreen tv. at least 40 inches and under $500. hit me up if you got what i want

SPOILER
                                                                                                      From Me to ***********@**********.org:

Hey,

I am selling my 42" Westinghouse plasma TV for $400. It is in excellent condition. I'm just selling it because I got a bigger one and don't need this one anymore. Let me know if you are interested.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

yeah man thats perfect. ill buy that as soon as possible. would you be able to bring it to my house? i dont have a car. im home pretty much all day every day

you can call me if you want 610-***-****

From me to jim ******:

No problem, Jim. I could bring it by tomorrow after work. Are you sure you want to buy it though? I don't want to bring it there and have you decide you don't want to buy it.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

no i definitely want it. just bring it over man

my address is 415 ********* rd, ******, PA
                                                                                                      just call me if you have any trouble

From me to jim ******:

Okay, I'll be over tomorrow.

From me to jim ******:

Jim,

I'm very sorry I was unable to make it to your house today. I had the TV loaded in the back of my pickup truck, and I was all set to go to your house. I just decided to make a quick stop in Chester to buy some stuff from a friend, and when I got back to my truck, the TV was gone. I can't figure out what the hell happened to it. I'm thinking maybe I hit a bump and it slid out of the truck, because I do forget to close my tailgate sometimes. I don't really remember if it was in the truck when I parked it, so I am baffled.

Anyway, this is totally my fault. Seeing as how I promised you a TV and lost it, I am going to help you out. I signed you up for a 2 year subscription to Plasma TV Enthusiasts Weekly. It is an excellent magazine that will give you a lot of information on plasma TVs to help you make the right decision when buying one. It is normally $84.99 a year, but I hooked you up with my referrer discount so it will only cost you $63.50 a year. I had it sent and billed to the address you gave me, and you should get your first one in a week or two.

Once again, I am very sorry that I lost the TV that I was going to sell you, but hopefully this magazine can help you out.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

are you out of your fuckin mind i dont want any fuckin magazines!!! what the fuck.. you better fuckin cancel that shit. what the fuck were you thinking dude, im not paying for that you fuckin dumbass

From jim ****** to Me:

and its obvious YOUR TV WAS STOLEN YOU FUCKIN RETARD. why the FUCK would you leave a tv in the back of your truck in chester?

cancel the fuckin magazines..NOW.

From me to jim ******:

Jim,

Why do you want me to cancel the magazines? It is a great magazine and I got you a great deal for it. You won't find it cheaper anywhere else. Also, to put it frankly, if you were going to buy a Westinghouse plasma TV from me without even looking at it, then it is clear you still have a lot to learn about plasma TVs. Reading this magazine will make you an expert in no time.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

you fuckin asshole i dont want to pay for some stupid magazine! i just want a goddamn tv. who the fuck would want to read a fuckin weekly magazine about tvs?! cancel it right now. im serious

From me to jim ******:

Jim,

I'm sorry you feel that way about the magazine. I was just trying to help. Unfortunately I cannot cancel the magazine. When I signed you up on the phone, they gave me a confirmation number I could use to cancel the subscription. I couldn't find a piece of paper to write it on, so I wrote the number on a napkin. I think I accidentally used the napkin to wipe my face after eating wings last night, and then threw it out. I'd look through the trash to find it for you, but the garbage truck already picked it up this morning. I think they take it to the dump/recycling center in Media if you want to go look for it. It was a napkin from Taco Bell, if that helps. I usually get all my napkins there.

If you think it would be easier, you could just cancel it once you get your first magazine in the mail. You'll probably be billed for the first month, plus a $75 cancellation fee because I didn't sign you up for cancellation insurance. I just assumed you would want to keep the magazine.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

i cant believe i just read all that shit because i should have known from the first few lines that you were a fuckin idiot

i dont care if you have to blow the fuckin editor, you better find a way to get it cancelled because i am not spending a goddamn nickel on that magazine!

From me to jim ******:

Jim,

If you don't pay for it, that may screw up your credit. I remember one time I forgot to pay my TV guide subscription for about 14 months, and that really messed up my credit. I had trouble buying a house because of that. You should be careful.

Since you seem to not know a lot about the importance of your credit, I signed you up for a year subscription of In Debt Weekly, a great magazine that can teach you a lot about credit. Don't worry, I got you the same discount as before, and this magazine is actually a little bit cheaper. It is only $34.99 a year. It came with a discounted subscription to Card Times, another magazine about credit cards. That one is only $25 per year, so I signed you up for that as well. It is a decent magazine for the price.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

GL4KJHSGSKFKJS YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE STOP SIGNING ME UP FOR FUCKING MAGAZINES!!!!

CANCEL THOSE RIGHT NOW MOTHERFUCKER!!!!

From me to jim ******:

Jim,

There is no need for that kind of language. Please do not talk to me anymore.

Unless you would be interested in a subscription to Anger Management Journal. I can sign you up for that if you want to learn how to control your temper.

Mike

From jim ****** to Me:

FUCK YOU

Original ad:
                                                                                                      New church in need of an LCD projector for our Sunday services. We do not have tax exempt status but the donation should be out of the goodness of your heart.

SPOILER
                                                                                                      From me to *********@*********.org:

Hey there! Are you still looking for a projector?

Mike

From Maria ******** to Me:

Yes.

From Me to Maria ********:

Well Maria, get ready to completely change the way your churchgoers go to church! What I am offering is a Multimedia Home Theater Projector system by JVC. It projects a beautiful 1920 x 1080 high-definition picture that will show the big game as if it was projected by the eyes of the lord. You can project on a screen as big as 16 feet, which comes in handy for those old folks in the back of the church that are still trying to watch the game. Powered by a 200W UHP lamp, it will be like the image was projected by the blinding light of salvation. Comes with HDMI inputs so you can hook it right up to a hi-def box!

Personally, I think it is about goddamn time you guys started showing the game during mass. I can't tell you how many Eagles games I missed as a kid when my parents made me go to church.

Let me know if you are interested in this badass projector, or if you want to hear any more specs.

Mike

The projector is not for football. We need to project our morning worship service to our silent room for people with infants.

Are you donating this projector?

No, this isn't exactly a donation. Who are you kidding, though? You guys don't even have tax exempt status. Why would anyone donate?

Don't worry. I have come up with a plan that will have this projector in your church in no time. I am asking for $2500 for the projector. This should be very easy to pay off if you use the collection money for mass this Sunday. I have to imagine you guys pull in at least that much each service. When people find out you will be showing the games, I bet you will draw in an even larger audience, and more donations. This projector will practically pay for itself almost immediately.

From all the money you will be raking in, I believe it can help turn your church into something awesome. I am also offering a 1000 watt surround sound system that you can install in the church. Every play will be heard in deafening sound as if it was told from the lord. Your churchgoers will feel like they are actually at the game!

If that isn't enough, you can use the new found collection money to replace all of your benches with leather recliners. The possibilities are endless. We can even install some kegs at the front of the church.

Thou shall not pass up on this HD projector and sound system!

Mike

Shame on you for expecting me to abuse the church collections. Mass is a time to celebrate the divine sacrifice, not football. The thought of abusing the collections for such a purpose is disgusting and downright offensive. We will not be needing a projector from you, thank you.

I wouldn't consider it "abusing" the collections. I would consider it a small investment to boost donations in the long run. You will get a shitload more donations if people knew it was going for a good cause, like a HD projector and recliners for the games on Sunday. I would much rather donate for that instead of having my donation money used in an out-of-court settlement for a child molestation lawsuit.

How dare you! You've got some nerve. This conversation is over.

Comment

2 mojitos for €10, i look forward tomorrow to not remembering tonight

Edit: may be some easy money in the Voodoo later as a result

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Going to guess that no-one has any knowledge of this

- but does anyone have experience with virtual money schemes? It's along the idea that you might mow someones lawn and that would earn you a virtual currency that you could then use to get your hair cut etc. The idea is that cash isn't involved, its purely about providing a service and 'earning' the right to another service.

Have been obsessed about it for years because my professor in Stirling uni ran the Stirling city version of the scheme and she's such a fascinating and brilliant person.

/ Going to be putting in a proposal at the end of next week and have an idea around virtual money in my head, but not sure how to turn it into practice. Would be genuinely interested in ways of implementing it.

(think we're talking about circa 500k in funding if successful)
                                                                                                            Scott Adams talks about things like that occasionally in his blog.

Comment

I would strangle an elderly glue sniffer for a Mojitto right now.
                                                                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                I would strangle an elderly glue sniffer for a Mojitto right now.
                                                                                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re8jQKAdZmU[/ame]

Comment

A recent picture from Barry's Casino..I didn't know Kevin James (Doug from King of Queens) plays there :O

Comment

I'm expecting a ban for back-seat modding on the other side. Let's see.

After Hours thread - Pat Rabbitte, short memory? by DeVore

Originally posted by FatherLen
                                                                                                                    there is a thread for this already you jerk. just look a few inches lower and you will see it.

Mod: Poster banned for this comment.

Yeah, bit of a mistake criticising Tom Murphy, one of the owners of boards.ie.

Hi Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                      2 mojitos for €10, i look forward tomorrow to not remembering tonight

Edit: may be some easy money in the Voodoo later as a result
                                                                                                                      for some reason or other I can drink mojitos all night and not get hammered.
                                                                                                                      Maybe the mint and my blood create an alchol scrubbing toothpaste on my liver....
                                                                                                                      Must look into that.
                                                                                                                      Could be a goldmine.
                                                                                                                      Never fear lads, I got this.
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'd a rare moment of national pride in Italy yesterday, got fed up watching MTV (the only English langauage station on the TV) and flicked on the Italian news on the hour. The first story started with pictures of the Dail, the first person shown was Brian Cowen.
                                                                                                                        I've no idea what the story was about but I'm sure it was good.

Proud.

Comment

<<<<< I don't think its a gay drink either

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X