• Show
Clear All

the arcade section must die

Comment

stars just locked up for the past few mins, all cash tables

anyone no if there doing an update?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        You get over it, feels weird reading a real book now.

I was trawling through a few boxes of books i've in my parents attic yesterday trying to find something. all i was thinking was how much easier it would be if i just had it on my kindle.
        It sounds handy, cool and real convenient but I really hope it doesn't catch on.

In less than ten years time cd's will be pretty much gone from the market due to the popularity of mp3's, really hope that doesn't happen to books. That would be tragic.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by nuxxx View Post
          stars just locked up for the past few mins, all cash tables

anyone no if there doing an update?
          Tourney frozen 2

Comment

doing that top 250 movies thing. fairly sure i'll come out with the lowest number of anyone on this thread!

edit: hmmm, 60
            Last edited by Denny Crane; 25-11-10, 17:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
              It sounds handy, cool and real convenient but I really hope it doesn't catch on.

In less than ten years time cd's will be pretty much gone from the market due to the popularity of mp3's, really hope that doesn't happen to books. That would be tragic.
              I believe that books have an intrinsic value that CD's never had.
              In an ideal world each copy of a book would come with an electromnic copy of itself so I could have the choice to move between the two.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean.

Comment

good deal for 360 owners

some dude got a kinect out of it
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I <3 thanksgiving.

3 NFL games. NCAAF heavyweight contests like Arizona v Oregon and Boise State v Nevada on Black Friday. Plus the biggie of Auburn v Alabama. A full complement of NBA and college hoops. Then the premier league and NFL to round off the week. Rugby as well I think plus El Classico on Monday.

Gonna be some weekend! Needs more hours imo.

NFLCAAFBACAABEPL

Edit: Forgot the Ashes!
                    Last edited by Lurker23; 25-11-10, 17:47.

Comment

Fuckin yanks and their sports and early xmas.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                        they'll kill each other for a 50% off printer tomorrow.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          I believe that books have an intrinsic value that CD's never had.
                          True, but cd's represent the last of a long line of hard copy forms of music.

Vinyl was around for a century and a half and had huge intrinsic value, but was wiped out in one generation due to better technology.

Now digital music is on the way to wiping out hard copy music altogether, I fear the same could happen books if e-reading reaches the same popularity.

Comment

I actually feel trapped CHD. I'm a sports junkie. Too many sports too little time. You're one of the lucky ones

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                              I actually feel trapped CHD. I'm a sports junkie. Too many sports too little time. You're one of the lucky ones
                              I love me sports but the Americans got it wrong when it came to sport. Steroid fueled cricket, mens netball and ghey rugby are terrible sports.

Comment

True, but cd's represent the last of a long line of hard copy forms of music.

Vinyl was around for a century and a half and had huge intrinsic value, but was wiped out in one generation due to better technology.

Now digital music is on the way to wiping out hard copy music altogether, I fear the same could happen books if e-reading reaches the same popularity.
                                I dont think it will though.
                                This isnt really like me as I'm usually all for embracing technology
                                however, ereading, in my opinion doesn't improve the act of reading, it allows storage of multiple titles like an mp3 player, but unlike an mp3 player & walkmen/discmen it actively changes how you read. This I believe will be a major hindrence to widespread acceptance of the ereader replacing a book. It has a better future as an aid, doctors charts etc, although with that it'd need wifi connectivity to effectivly do this and all the security features that go with that. Of course this is all already available in other mediums but the idea that you can carry around your medical history is kinda cool imo.
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I love me sports but the Americans got it wrong when it came to sport. Steroid fueled cricket, mens netball and ghey rugby are terrible sports.
                                  It's all about the production.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    Gotta gamble, watch me get Lego Star Wars.
                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

It's all about the production.
                                      ads ads ads sport ads ads ads sport ads ads ads look at our cameramen ads look at our commentators ads ads reaction after the ads

Comment

ads ads ads sport ads ads ads sport ads ads ads look at our cameramen ads look at our commentators ads ads reaction after the ads
                                        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          anyone read The Big Short?

wavering over putting it on my Amazon mega-purchase for Xmas
                                          Yeah it's entertaining and well written, nothing groundbreaking in it

This was really good, def best I've read this year
                                          [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Putins-Oil-Affair-Struggle-Russia/dp/1441199683/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290708545&sr=8-1[/ame]

Comment

Steroid fueled cricket, mens netball and ghey rugby are terrible sports.
                                            Lucky they don't exist then

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                              Ive always seen dribs and drabs of 12 monkeys so decided to watch the full lot of it last night.

Yeah didnt really like it at all I think its the fact that I dont really like Terry Gilliams stuff, havent walked out of very many movies and I walked out of The Brothers Grimm.

I know the imdb top 250 is a little all over the place but I cant really see why 12 monkeys up in there, I like the premise of the movie but just dont like the final product.

Just checking out his stuff and I see he done Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas ive heard such good things about it but have never gotten around to seeing it I have a feeling it might be tainted now!
                                              You are crazy.

12 Monkeys is genius and brilliant. One of my favourite films. Definitely a bit weird, but brilliant.

Comment

I dont think it will though.
                                                This isnt really like me as I'm usually all for embracing technology
                                                however, ereading, in my opinion doesn't improve the act of reading, it allows storage of multiple titles like an mp3 player, but unlike an mp3 player & walkmen/discmen it actively changes how you read. This I believe will be a major hindrence to widespread acceptance of the ereader replacing a book. It has a better future as an aid, doctors charts etc, although with that it'd need wifi connectivity to effectivly do this and all the security features that go with that. Of course this is all already available in other mediums but the idea that you can carry around your medical history is kinda cool imo.
                                                Yeah, good point man, hadn't thought along those lines.

Comment

Broadband options

Just found out that i cant get UPC broadband in the house im moving into next wk which sucks.

Any recomendations- whos the next best option??

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                    Just found out that i cant get UPC broadband in the house im moving into next wk which sucks.

smart just doubled their packages, if you're in a smart area, i couldnt speak highly enough of them. zero contention, and never any downtime.
                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                      [/B]
                                                      Not retiring , Looking to emigrate and was thinking the money would be handy if there was some way to cash it in or sell the value of it ???
                                                      No dice damo. More then 2 years contributing and you can't get a refund of your contributions. Also no selling or using as collateral for a loan in practice in Ireland. You can probably early retire it from age 50 but that's no good to you I imagine.
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post

magnet are great (but that'll depend on your area i think)

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                          magnet are great (but that'll depend on your area i think)
                                                          Check your PMs.
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            anyone read The Big Short?

wavering over putting it on my Amazon mega-purchase for Xmas
                                                            Yes Glyn. Strongly recommend it. Lewis has a way of breaking down such subjects incisively, and writes in a clear and fun way.

It is more 'how did we get here' analysis though - which I personally can't get enough of, but hey.
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              You are crazy.

12 Monkeys is genius and brilliant. One of my favourite films. Definitely a bit weird, but brilliant.
                                                              Didn't like 12 Monkeys. Hasn't bothered to watch the Big Lebowski. What's next, he's going to come out and admit he's never seen/didn't care for Fight Club?
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                You are crazy.

Interesting, can you elaborate please?

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                Didn't like 12 Monkeys. Hasn't bothered to watch the Big Lebowski. What's next, he's going to come out and admit he's never seen/didn't care for Fight Club?
                                                                Fight what?

As I said yesterday when I was doing the top 250 from imdb I am really bad when it comes to things I havent seen but really should

I have seen like 15 minutes of The Big Lebowski but my mate didnt like it so had to turn it off and watch something else.
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Beat: In Blanch for the night after op on my ACL

Brag: Have PPP booted up and reg'd for some donkaments

Thanks for the idea Connie!
                                                                  You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    Interesting, can you elaborate please?
                                                                    No. If you watched it all and didn't enjoy it then there is no hope for you enjoying it. The second viewing was really good as well looking at things a different way because of what the ending explains.

Comment

12 Monkeys was good imo, not great but definitely a good flick.

Comment

Ashes highlights on at 8 for all you cricket fans that missed it last night (me)

Comment

lol cricket

Comment

Is there an iPhone app that would allow me to view Excel spreadsheets? I don't need to be able to use the functions,just to view.Pls + tnks.
                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                Is there an iPhone app that would allow me to view Excel spreadsheets? I don't need to be able to use the functions,just to view.Pls + tnks.
                                                                                quickoffice?

Comment

Monkey Island style Back to the Future Game?

Gets the Big Kev Big Thumbs Up!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                    Can you use the google docs webpage?
                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I see another FB campaign on the horizon.

Comment

Far too easy really

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                          quickoffice?
                                                                                          Will check that.Assume it's on the Appstore.Ty.

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                          Can you use the google docs webpage?
                                                                                          Dunno,will check though.Ty.

Comment

about time.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                                              Beat: In Blanch for the night after op on my ACL

Brag: Have PPP booted up and reg'd for some donkaments

Thanks for the idea Connie!

Get weel soon Reaps. hope you have a bit of luck in them tourneys. What i found was that it was very easy to concentrate while your in there, (depending of course on what pain ones in!!).
                                                                                              Made my stay there much less boring than I remember before.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                                                Monkey Island style Back to the Future Game?

Gets the Big Kev Big Thumbs Up!
                                                                                                You might be interested in this then:

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                For those fans of Monkey Island, Telltale Games are making a Back to the Future game. The first episode is free. It's not out yet but you'll receive an email with a link for download when it becomes available.

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer

Comment

Your link only brings me to the homepage?

Comment

Siddle. What a guy.

Comment

Not sure if this was posted before:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KAWXC5Z0wU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                        Not sure if this was posted before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KAWX...layer_embedded
                                                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaKX5Xs-0FI[/ame]

Edit to say: EU is great fun
                                                                                                        Last edited by Rufio; 25-11-10, 21:41.
                                                                                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Some first drive by the Saints!!
                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Where are the super says been held in Galway the night before UKIPT.....radisson or eglington?
                                                                                                            NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

A Monkey Island Back To The Future game? There aren't enough thanks buttons in the world for that news...
                                                                                                              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                                                                                Where are the super says been held in Galway the night before UKIPT.....radisson or eglington?
                                                                                                                Radisson

Comment

Colin Farrell must demand a clause in every film contract that he gets to punch at least one woman per film.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Id like to see some more cooperation between the FBI and the CIA in films for a change. One time for cooperation.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                      Colin Farrell must demand a clause in every film contract that he gets to punch at least one woman per film.
                                                                                                                      Just below the one where he doesn't have to try and do accents

Every accent he does sounds like some Yank trying to to an Irish accent & that includes when he tries Irish accents

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                                        Get weel soon Reaps. hope you have a bit of luck in them tourneys. What i found was that it was very easy to concentrate while your in there, (depending of course on what pain ones in!!).
                                                                                                                        Made my stay there much less boring than I remember before.
                                                                                                                        lol at bed bound pissing when multi-tabling
                                                                                                                        You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                                                                          lol at bed bound pissing when multi-tabling
                                                                                                                          Living the dream

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X