X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Where is everyone tonight? Are you all at Theresa's going away party? Buy him a pint from me if you are going!

Comment

anyone got a good stream for the wales fiji game? all the ones on p2p and firstrow are laggy as hell

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          anyone got a good stream for the wales fiji game? all the ones on p2p and firstrow are laggy as hell
          Iplayer
          The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

UK only maybe though?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            Where is everyone tonight? Are you all at Theresa's going away party? Buy him a pint from me if you are going!
            I'm here eating pizza and about to crack open a can

Partouche Poker Tour Final Table on Eurosport now..only thing is that complete know of an analyst from Sky Poker is commentating!!
            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Iplayer
              The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

UK only maybe though?
              yup, no good for me

Comment

Had a bit on Night Glimmer at 5/2 to round off a good day.

I see Gunny is CL with 31 left in Malta EMOP Paul and Rory are still there,
                GL men.

Comment

Got any stickers? Superglue?

Nothing like a bit of vandalism to start the weekend
                  I'll be tempted to kick lumps out of it should be there tomorrow.
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

well done Fiji.

Comment

Kev you're up

http://www.facebook.com/mgavigan1/po..._comment_reply

Comment

Been trying to get this Linux OS working properly and the only thing pissing me off is the little glitches I have when watching stuff on VLC everything else is nearly perfect spent the last while messing around with various settings thanks to this chick

Has loads of Youtube videos up

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJaTA25tpMg[/ame]
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          I do love my Baileys
                          PM Damo - plenty floatin round the North-East at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            well done Fiji.
                            Wales gave away silly penalties like last week.

Btw New Zealand -14 @ 10/11 with Skybet, Totesport and Willy Hills is an outstanding bet imo. I expect a minimum 20 points mauling thats why I've had a small bet at 13/8 with bluesq -20.5 NZ.

Night Glimmer beaten into 2nd

Comment

skills

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GLWxgvfz3A&has_verified=1[/ame]

Comment

Comment

The haka is some gay shit.
                                  Everyone watching The Late Late I presume.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhzUBYjlBzg[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                      The haka is some gay shit.
                                      Everyone watching The Late Late I presume.
                                      Eurosport mofo..Selbst running over the table..

Brag: Don't know who won

Beat: One of you fuckers will no doubt tell me
                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                        Eurosport mofo..Selbst running over the table..

Brag: Don't know who won

Beat: One of you fuckers will no doubt tell me
                                        Beat: Can't believe I lost that autograph of hers on the back of the keno sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                          Beat: Can't believe I lost that autograph of hers on the back of the keno sheet.
                                          She's one professional poker player I don't think I'd ever want to meet!!

Dara O'Briein just said pwn!!
                                          Last edited by sligoboi; 19-11-10, 21:49.
                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

All the Cheryl fanboys will love this!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                              All the Cheryl fanboys will love this!

the perfect end to a perfect day

edit - on that note its beer O clock. night lads
                                              Last edited by Bubbleking; 19-11-10, 22:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                the perfect end to a perfect day

edit - on that note its beer O clock. night lads
                                                Or the start of a perfect night!
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                  interesting stuff on the communities thing. thanks! just woke up so need to reread it, but definitely looks like something that'll change the idea
                                                  You've got me bloody thinking about it on and off.

I was talking to 2 middle aged women this week who were talking about getting their hair done. They get it done every 4-6 weeks and are still paying €90-€120 for it. I was thinking to myself hair dressing can't be too difficult to learn, people should pair up, learn, and perform the service for each other. Hey, it works for sex. Probably better suited to guys getting a blade cut.

Anyhoos, cut to tonight thinking about your idea and I decided to do away with the whole virtual money thing (I know this means throwing out the whole concept from your economics perspective). I considered something more along the lines of groups of friends not just reciprocally offering what they do for a living as a nixer but learning skills for the express purpose of offering them to the group.

This would be like the 1970s sociotechnical systems theory driven Swedish car factories which combated the technical demotivating of Fordism by organising workers into autonomous units responsible for entire creation, and as such people were trained in multiple skills and had more flexibility and lateral movement.

Societally we essentially operate a town form of Fordism. But if we considered smaller groups of friends to be capable of providing a variety of services (if learnt) then that might obviate the need for money to be involved in all of these activities.

Obviously without money or virtual money the question of cheating and relative utility emerges. But we deal with cheating very well as a species due to evolutionary reasons.

Meh, I think Pat Rabbite's vitriolic polemic last night has angered up my communist blood.

Comment

10 Tabling 10 nl to clear a bonus then this beaut of a hand happens

Poker Stars $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1035265
                                                    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $20.05
                                                    CO: $12.47
                                                    BTN: $2.80
                                                    SB: $10.14

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 9 :club: 9 :heart:
                                                    CO raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 8 :heart: Q :spade: 9 :spade: (2 players)
                                                    Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero raises to $2, CO raises to $4.50, Hero raises to $19.65 all in, CO calls $7.57 all in

Turn: ($24.99) 8 :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($24.99) 9 :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $24.99
                                                    Hero shows 9 :club: 9 :heart: (four of a kind, Nines)
                                                    CO shows J :spade: T :spade: (a straight flush, Eight to Queen)
                                                    CO wins $23.99
                                                    (Rake: $1.00)

Wish I was back on party on a bbj table

Comment

And there was me about to post my bvb hand in the €11 feeder for the UKIPT where i shoved 10bbs with k9o and bb used all his time bank to call with AJ..hope the bastard has a genuine decision later on!!

If you're here I'm sorry!
                                                      Last edited by sligoboi; 19-11-10, 22:30. Reason: spelling..
                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Comment

Good stuff on the Late Late tonight.

Comment

You know Take me out is on?

Comment

Hint of sensationalism though, well made points are good to hear.

Comment

Should I be happy with a 14% return on my pension fund this year? What would your typical pension fund be expected to turn...5-7%? Nice to see my BCP bonds doing well, running at 34%.

Really suprised how much i have put away in the last 3 years rather than getting creamed on tax end shamless brag.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                  okay, well I'm putting you on the project organiser list (will pm to confirm that your real life name is indeed hotspur!). It's not just your responses to this, its your posts in general.

Really think that a life that is organised less around money is a better society. How much better would life be if you hair was cut by your pal, and your garden mowed by another pal, and you could also offer something of real value to your pals?
                                                                  I do something like that here in dallas, have a friend who is a massage therapist, another who does the realignments, one a personal trainer and in return give them recipes and teach them how to cook or teach one how to paint

Comment

1/3 for ukipt galway package

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                      You know Take me out is on?
                                                                      Fuck me I can see the headlines now:

English Irish Dances His Way Into Irishers Knickers
                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                        1/3 for ukipt galway package
                                                                        Ship it

No 2 - gettin like doke

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                          Should I be happy with a 14% return on my pension fund this year? What would your typical pension fund be expected to turn...5-7%? Nice to see my BCP bonds doing well, running at 34%.

Really suprised how much i have put away in the last 3 years rather than getting creamed on tax end shamless brag.
                                                                          no! anything under 14.18% isn't worth a wank imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

What the fck convinced me that playing the fitz scalps would be the ideal way to relax after a really long day
                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-11-10, 23:19.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

After the Bob Marley baby video, I'm not sure if this matches it. But its close!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnBau6fL8S8[/ame]

Comment

Got stuck behind one of these vans today, made me lol a bit

'tis a real company/service apparently http://www.doggiestyle.ie/#Home
                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                  Cheers for that. Managed to watch Episodes 9 and 10 there. Damn MegaVideo making me wait 54 minutes to finish watching it

Very impressed with Nam Phan and think he could take Michael Johnson in the semis. Actually thought Koschek would have wanted Nam to face Watson, but obv thinks his style works better against Johnson. Looking forward to the semis

Comment

Funny that you were talking about it earlier, i'm on my 8th can of miller and I feel blood sober.
                                                                                    Just going to have to keep on going I guess, slabs of miller on special for 27 yoyos in Tescos btw lads incase you missed it.

I'm bored and am busting out of tournies for fun here.

Three stakes for the 15k gtee superstack on FullTilt starting at 12 bells to the first 3 regular BBV'ers to post their fulltilt screenname.

Edit: Nevermind about stake back, 50/50 all the way.

Gogogo.
                                                                                    Last edited by dannydiamond; 19-11-10, 23:47.
                                                                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                      Funny that you were talking about it earlier, i'm on my 8th can of miller and I feel blood sober.
                                                                                      Just going to have to keep on going I guess, slabs of miller on special for 27 yoyos in Tescos btw lads incase you missed it.

I'm bored and am busting out of tournies for fun here.

Three stakes for the 15k gtee superstack on FullTilt starting at 12 bells to the first 3 regular BBV'ers to post their fulltilt screenname.

50/50 after stakeback.

Gogogo.
                                                                                      Would we be looking at 8am+ for a final table run in this danny?
                                                                                      You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

sligeachboi..original
                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                                          Would we be looking at 8am+ for a final table run in this danny?
                                                                                          I'd guess 7 hours at least.

Comment

Ok I apply TheReapOne on ft
                                                                                            You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Gimme a couple of minutes lads and i'll ship.

Comment

Ship Ship

SPOILER
                                                                                                another poker free night hic

Comment

Rec'd & Reg'd

Fair Play Danny
                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Shipped to Reaps and sligboi, run well lads!

Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                      Gimme a couple of minutes lads and i'll ship.
                                                                                                      R&R'd

Will give it a good go Gl danny/sligo

Comment

62/170 in ftops 6max. Mad aggro table atm. Hopefully when I spew I'll run good enough to compensate!
                                                                                                        It's all an illusion

Comment

Seems like my graphics card problem is ok for the moment, gonna watch something now to see if its choppy at all fingers crossed its all good.

This is my new desktop wallpaper for a bit, you have 4 work spaces to choose from but havent figured out how to use different backgrounds images for each one.

Pretty large image.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                            Seems like my graphics card problem is ok for the moment, gonna watch something now to see if its choppy at all fingers crossed its all good.

This is my new desktop wallpaper for a bit, you have 4 work spaces to choose from but havent figured out how to use different backgrounds images for each one.

Pretty large image.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            May I be the first to say you've made an arse of that Danny!
                                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                              She's one professional poker player I don't think I'd ever want to meet!!
                                                                                                              Ah why not? She seems very smart and level headed. I like her.

Comment

Can't think of a cheaper way of getting away from this one

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t5260)
                                                                                                                Hero (MP2) (t4930)
                                                                                                                CO (t4970)
                                                                                                                Button (t4970)
                                                                                                                BB (t4980)
                                                                                                                UTG (t4900)
                                                                                                                UTG+1 (t4980)

Hero's M: 164.33

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 10, 10
                                                                                                                1 fold, MP1 bets t60, Hero raises to t160, 2 folds, BB calls t150, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t1000, 1 fold, BB calls t840

Flop: (t2180) 2, 3, 3 (2 players)
                                                                                                                BB checks, MP1 bets t1280, BB calls t1280

Turn: (t4740) 8 (2 players)
                                                                                                                BB checks, MP1 bets t2980 (All-In), BB calls t2700 (All-In)

River: (t10140) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t10140

Results:
                                                                                                                BB had 10, 10 (two pair, tens and threes).
                                                                                                                MP1 had A, A (two pair, Aces and threes).
                                                                                                                Outcome: MP1 won t10140

Comment

Originally posted by 72zero View Post
                                                                                                                  62/170 in ftops 6max. Mad aggro table atm. Hopefully when I spew I'll run good enough to compensate!
                                                                                                                  Gl D, I admire the advanced poker philosophy.

That's a fantastic arse you have there Danny.

Comment

First hand of the tourney some scandie dude gets cups in on every street before he raises the river leaving 250 of his starting 3500 behind ... He then folds to Mick whatshisnames raise.
                                                                                                                    He then blinds down for a few laps until he gets his 100 in with 6d 9d. He plays on until just before the break only ever showing down diamond. He is now the chip leader with 24 left. He has still only turned over a few cards that weren't diamonds
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      What the fck convinced me that playing the fitz scalps would be the ideal way to relax after a really long day
                                                                                                                      a classic music moment to cheer you up. You boys can speak about all the fancy beers out there but nothing beats a great pint of plain and some decent music.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ITrQXES8kU&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ITrQXES8kU&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Amazing what an afternoon nap can do for you. 2.5 bottles of wine later still feel sober enough to be able to take down this tourney ... and type this

Comment

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t5050)
                                                                                                                          SB (t4720)
                                                                                                                          Hero (BB) (t4910)
                                                                                                                          UTG (t10965)
                                                                                                                          UTG+1 (t5540)
                                                                                                                          MP1 (t5245)
                                                                                                                          MP2 (t4360)
                                                                                                                          CO (t4250)

Hero's M: 109.11

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q
                                                                                                                          1 fold, UTG+1 bets t75, 1 fold, MP2 calls t75, 2 folds, SB calls t60, Hero raises to t205, UTG+1 raises to t5540 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero?

Ok so he's obv not shoving with AA, maybe with KK and probably with AK and everything else wecrush but having played this tourney before there's def softer spots than this to chip up..call or fold?
                                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X