X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
    LOL Xfactor
    Sad state we are in alright. 4 TVs at the IPB game yesterday in a room with 80 plus hardened gambling men. Three of the TVs showing X-Factor and one down the back showing RTE 2 Premier League show. I'd say you might even get two with the soccer in the George. What a bunch of homos
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey_f8Xd3K94[/ame]
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
        Anyone know where i can watch a reply of the pacquiao fight online?

Comment

IPB likes to party

Comment

Post of the day on Boards is brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
              http://twitpic.com/36xbzh

this is stunning, astronaut on international space station just tweeted a pic of Ireland at night.
              Wow - if you draw a line from Sligo, thru Galway and onto Limerick, there really isn't too much lights visable to the west, is there? Mayo and west Clare so dark! Might be cloudy / foggy there I suppose...

Also, an impressive amount of light from what I think is Shannon (the slash of light in between Limerick and Ennis), wonder if it is mainly from the town or the airport.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Get CHD's banning out of the way now imo.

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                Definitely getting Gyan into the FF team now cos he's really hitting form.

Chelsea always look very ordinary when Essien is missing.

Edit: FF disaster for me with Cech, A Cole and Malouda (capt) in the team and Malouda being subbed before 60 mins
                lol

Who won the league last year without Essien?
                Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                How on earth are we 3 points behind Chelsea, huzzah!
                Because Chelsea are the better side, obv.
                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                If I was a Chelsea fan I think I'd find that 0-3 Sunderland scoreline hilarious.
                Sometimes you just have to laugh at a freak result.

I remember back in the days that Liverpool used to win the league that we'd always ship a weird scoreline - getting thumped 4-0 by Coventry or something.
                Had a feeling today would be dodgy. Like to see how any side would do with the problems we have at the moment.

No Alex, Terry, Lampard, Essien and Benayoun. A midfield of Mikel, Zhirkov and fucking Ramires. Muck. Ferreira was a centre half ffs. Drogba is getting over Malaria and Malouda isn't going to play well without quality around him.

Sunderland were given time on the ball that you wouldn't see in the LOI, set pieces were terrible. Nothing weird about it, better team won imo.

Onuohas goal was class, WP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                  Sad state we are in alright. 4 TVs at the IPB game yesterday in a room with 80 plus hardened gambling men. Three of the TVs showing X-Factor and one down the back showing RTE 2 Premier League show. I'd say you might even get two with the soccer in the George. What a bunch of homos
                  I was begging for it to be turned off, it really is a bad state of affairs when you have all these big girls blouses asking for it to be turned on, I feel sorry for them!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                    I was begging for it to be turned off, it really is a bad state of affairs when you have all these big girls blouses asking for it to be turned on, I feel sorry for them!
                    Haters gonna hate etc.....
                    NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                      http://twitpic.com/36xbzh

this is stunning, astronaut on international space station just tweeted a pic of Ireland at night.
                      pictorial evidence that the lights are firmly off in Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by four of a kind poker View Post
                        Haters gonna hate etc.....
                        Well played (ghey)

Comment

Did Keane put up his trip report for Friday yet?

Comment

Did Keane put up his trip report for Friday yet?
                            I'm between two minds - I'm either going to write a magnum opus 20 page job I'm not going to bother.

I'm taking next week off work so I'll probably be bored enough by tuesday to get to work

The story is still stuttering on anyway - FML!

Comment

Just saw a rerun of the Greatwood Hurdle there. I've thought it since last March, and I'm even more confident now.

Menorah will win the Champion Hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                Just saw a rerun of the Greatwood Hurdle there. I've thought it since last March, and I'm even more confident now.

Menorah will win the Champion Hurdle.
                                About as much chance as Great Endeavour comin 5th in the Paddy Power
                                ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

I'm between two minds - I'm either going to write a magnum opus 20 page job I'm not going to bother.

I'm taking next week off work so I'll probably be bored enough by tuesday to get to work

The story is still stuttering on anyway - FML!
                                  You gots to or else...

Comment

Jersey Shore on MTV lols

Comment

About as much chance as Great Endeavour comin 5th in the Paddy Power
                                      You don't think so? This horse has everything. Speed, toughness, course form, class,... Wouldn't go piling it yet though, fair chance he will be beaten before hand in some small field trial (especially so if he runs in the Xmas Hurdle imo)

Comment

F1 season finally over,
                                        That was a bloody long wait to get the4 cash out of the schumacher bet
                                        ..now to blow it I suppose

Comment

@Keane: How does a Kerryman have such a strong Cork accent?

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post

Post of the day on Boards is brilliant!
                                          I'll never understand why people don't put their phones on silent when they sleep.
                                          Or at least silent for txts. I have a profile set up that is silent for everything bar calls from certain people.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Mr Destiny just starting on RTE2 - hardly worth staying up for is it?

Comment

Jersey Shore on MTV lols
                                              gif of the girly fight on the couch needed when snooky is getting off the floor. Epic episode from the few mins I've been watching.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPBR3sM-cU4[/ame]
                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Mr Destiny just starting on RTE2 - hardly worth staying up for is it?
                                                  100% worth it.

Comment

This Cat is badass

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sAF8gMN9c0[/ame]

Comment

The game saturday sounded a great laugh reading from the thread.

I will try harder to get to the next one!

Work and family shall go on hold.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                        @Keane: How does a Kerryman have such a strong Cork accent?
                                                        The Tralee accent is sort of like the Cork accent crossed with the Limerick accent for a start (it's an abomination in fairness, but I have a certain perverse affection for it).

I think the Cork-ish tones of the Tralee accent are more suited to my love of dramatic storytelling, and four years in UCC saw me gradually drift that way.

I put too much thought into answering this tbh

Comment

You don't think so? This horse has everything. Speed, toughness, course form, class,... Wouldn't go piling it yet though, fair chance he will be beaten before hand in some small field trial (especially so if he runs in the Xmas Hurdle imo)
                                                          Agreed the horse has all those things and i wouldn't totally discount him but with Binocular to beat again and Khyber Kym, Peddlers Cross and possibly Hurricane Fly turning up too, i'd be happy enough takin him on.
                                                          Not sure how strong that Supreme was last year either. Surely Binocular just has to get there in the same shape as last year and its a formality no?
                                                          ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                            gif of the girly fight on the couch needed when snooky is getting off the floor. Epic episode from the few mins I've been watching.
                                                            Have you seen them all? Next episode Sitch trys to pull the robbery!

Comment

meah, seen worse outside kranks on a saturday night...
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

No I haven't watched all of them. I've missed a few since I usually forget to turn it on. I must set weekly reminders. It's great viewing though. Next weeks looks good from the snips. Whats this about a robbery or do I want to know since it's a week away?

Comment

FML I can't find the remote.

Comment

Damnit, I missed today's episode, any idea which episode number it is from this series? I'll try to find it elsewhere...
                                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

The Tralee accent is sort of like the Cork accent crossed with the Limerick accent for a start (it's an abomination in fairness, but I have a certain perverse affection for it).

I think the Cork-ish tones of the Tralee accent are more suited to my love of dramatic storytelling, and four years in UCC saw me gradually drift that way.

I put too much thought into answering this tbh
                                                                      Langer.

Comment

No I haven't watched all of them. I've missed a few since I usually forget to turn it on. I must set weekly reminders. It's great viewing though. Next weeks looks good from the snips. Whats this about a robbery or do I want to know since it's a week away?
                                                                        Ah its in some of the old ones but he tries it on Vinny in the next episode, basically while you are trying to chat some chick up and need to go to the bar or for a piss and some guy pulls the robbery while you are gonna and creeps on her.

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                        Damnit, I missed today's episode, any idea which episode number it is from this series? I'll try to find it elsewhere...

Comment

Cats are pretty dumb.

Here is something pertaining to your interests.

Comment

Agreed the horse has all those things and i wouldn't totally discount him but with Binocular to beat again and Khyber Kym, Peddlers Cross and possibly Hurricane Fly turning up too, i'd be happy enough takin him on.
                                                                            Not sure how strong that Supreme was last year either. Surely Binocular just has to get there in the same shape as last year and its a formality no?
                                                                            Obviously Binocular looks very good and is the one to beat, but I don't see any reason why Menorah can't find the necessary improvement to have a serious chance in the race. After today I'd say he will be rated around 160, which leaves him 11lbs to find I think with Binocular et al. I don't think this is too much to ask, Binocular himself improved 17lbs on official ratings in his second season.
                                                                            Hurricane Fly while impressive in what we have seen of him is a horse I could never trust, too fragile especially to even consider backing antepost, and has never ran at Cheltenham so who knows how he will act there.
                                                                            I think Kyber Kim's chance was last year, and I just can't see how he could win it this year. He obviously has a lot to find to beat Binocular, and I have a feeling he done most of his improving last season. Whats more, everything that would suit Kyber (fast ground/pace) would suit Menorah just as well. For all that he could have a good season, I'd be shocked if he ends up the Champion Hurdler.
                                                                            Peddler's Cross looks a serious tool, but he still has to improve an awful lot imo on the formbook, but there is every chance he will. Initially I might take him on this season, I think he will be overbet. We'll see.

One thing that counts against Menorah is the record of Supreme Novice winners in the following year's CH...

Comment

Nothing worse than lying on the couch and getting yourself comfy and then realising you've left the remote on the table the other side of the room.

Comment

Ship!

Comment

Nothing worse than lying on the couch and getting yourself comfy and then realising you've left the remote on the table the other side of the room.
                                                                                  It's always in the last place you look.

SPOILER
                                                                                  It was on the couch and I spent a good 1/2 hr looking

Comment

Obviously Binocular looks very good and is the one to beat, but I don't see any reason why Menorah can't find the necessary improvement to have a serious chance in the race. After today I'd say he will be rated around 160, which leaves him 11lbs to find I think with Binocular et al. I don't think this is too much to ask, Binocular himself improved 17lbs on official ratings in his second season.
                                                                                    Hurricane Fly while impressive in what we have seen of him is a horse I could never trust, too fragile especially to even consider backing antepost, and has never ran at Cheltenham so who knows how he will act there.
                                                                                    I think Kyber Kim's chance was last year, and I just can't see how he could win it this year. He obviously has a lot to find to beat Binocular, and I have a feeling he done most of his improving last season. Whats more, everything that would suit Kyber (fast ground/pace) would suit Menorah just as well. For all that he could have a good season, I'd be shocked if he ends up the Champion Hurdler.
                                                                                    Peddler's Cross looks a serious tool, but he still has to improve an awful lot imo on the formbook, but there is every chance he will. Initially I might take him on this season, I think he will be overbet. We'll see.

One thing that counts against Menorah is the record of Supreme Novice winners in the following year's CH...
                                                                                    Ya that record is diabolical, seems like more Gold Cup horses come out of the Supreme than Champ hurdlers. Too lazy at the moment to debate further about Menorah, i might open up an ante post thread for Chelt tomorrow and will continue it then.

Comment

Comment

It's always in the last place you look.

SPOILER
                                                                                        It was on the couch and I spent a good 1/2 hr looking
                                                                                        That's because you don't keep looking after you find it ldo

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                          beat: shot myself in the foot not booking anywhere yet to stay in liverpool next saturday, went to book it there now and it seems the whole of liverpool is full

any ideas on next move now?
                                                                                          My plan is head to circus / leos and grind cash till it's time to head for the airport

Comment

I captioned this one myself

Comment

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 15-11-10, 05:02.

Comment

Randomly annoying Huck Seed on Twitter yesterday and he said he would love to get to the Irish Open at some stage asked me when the next one was on etc.

Then today got a response from El Tren on Facebook and he said he is going to try and makes the next one coming up.

Even if I am not playing in it, i will be there just to stalk El Tren and Huck if he shows.

Who else do you want me to try and talk into getting there?

Comment

Originally posted by montyrebel View Post
                                                                                                  Randomly annoying Huck Seed on Twitter yesterday and he said he would love to get to the Irish Open at some stage asked me when the next one was on etc.

Then today got a response from El Tren on Facebook and he said he is going to try and makes the next one coming up.

Even if I am not playing in it, i will be there just to stalk El Tren and Huck if he shows.

Jean Robert Bellande

Comment

Classic. Sign them up to WWE

Comment

I think the Cork-ish tones of the Tralee accent are more suited to my love of dramatic storytelling,
                                                                                                      Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                      Langer.
                                                                                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Vy_ADJVmg&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Garda website crashes under demand for speed camera map.

Still down for me. Dumb ass\'s.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                            glad didn't take that bet from Raoul last week now on us accessing EU money!
                                                                                                            ah sure, I get the odd one right

some (mostly terrible) commentary on this over the weekend but the most interesting point made was that we would be better off to request an 'IMF bailout' as opposed to an 'EU bailout' as the Eurocrats are gagging to get their hands on our CT rate. Which of course would kill the patient.

interesting few days ahead. Phantom Lord, your country needs you!
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by montyrebel View Post

Hitchhiker.
                                                                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

not drinking for 6 weeks

+

IPB session

=

still hungover

FML. back off the beer again. I'm some cringeworthy spanner with alcohol on board. Genuine apologies to anyone I offended (except Dom for lol'ing at liverpool). I thought I had alcohol poisoning I was in ribbons yesterday. not much better today.

@ Michelle - Westmeath is a county and not a town/area in Meath

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

A friends of mine posted this on her FB, she is in Nigeria atm doing some voluntary teaching work.
                                                                                                                      "Queues outside all the banks at 8am today! Not a sign of the collapse of banking in Nigeria but a sign that Tuesday and Wed are the Sallah holiday here so time to get out money for the celebrations"

So don't panic if yer driving through Blanchardstown and see hoardes of taxi drivers outside Bank of Ireland

Comment

You spent a solid 15 minutes explaining to me why your not a bollox! Solid job though.

Serious level of drinking done! I was barely comprehensible by about half 10.

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                        not drinking for 6 weeks
                                                                                                                        +

IPB session

=

still hungover

FML. back off the beer again. I'm some cringeworthy spanner with alcohol on board. Genuine apologies to anyone I offended (except Dom for lol'ing at liverpool). I thought I had alcohol poisoning I was in ribbons yesterday. not much better today.

@ Michelle - Westmeath is a county and not a town/area in Meath
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                          A friends of mine posted this on her FB, she is in Nigeria atm doing some voluntary teaching work.
                                                                                                                          "Queues outside all the banks at 8am today! Not a sign of the collapse of banking in Nigeria but a sign that Tuesday and Wed are the Sallah holiday here so time to get out money for the celebrations"

So don't panic if yer driving through Blanchardstown and see hoardes of taxi drivers outside Bank of Ireland
                                                                                                                          don't you know there is only one of them and he took the test for all his mates?

so a taximan told me anyway
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X