This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    Never seen that wiki thing before! (guessing that was back during one of my drinking binges!)
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
      Any computer nerds here?

I want to learn to programme but have no idea where to start. I'll be entirely teaching my self so if anyone here could recommend some good beginners e-books, or websites/programmes it'd be much appreciated.
      Dont do it it will wreck your head!
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
        Dont do it it will wreck your head!
        +1

Comment

Dawn of the dead on at the moment. My favourite Christmas film ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
            Dawn of the dead on at the moment. My favourite Christmas film ever.
            what channel ..great film

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              We could try to figure out what you want to do and why, mostly I say to people who ask this question that if you wanted to do it you would probably be doing it already.

Read and work through this book IMO

pdf here

Before you even do that though you should understand the basics how a computer works what happens in registers the different types of memory and how they are accessed.
              To be honest I dont really want to "do" anything. I've no particular reason other than I'm curious about it.

I also wouldnt mind having some sort of skill with regards to it... I mean, I've a Commerce Degree... Im not delusional enough to think that this affords me any sort of edge or advantage in todays (or the short-medium term) jobs market so I figure since I've some sort of curiousity for programming and a small interest in it, why not have a look into it and see if I can at least try make it into some kind of discernable skill.

I dont have time to do a course in it as Im off to Oz travelling soon but something to read/workthrough in any down time I have would be cool.

Thanks for the links.
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                what channel ..great film
                BBC4

Comment

anyone watchin the iwf stream? how many left and did i read one's an ipb?

Comment

nicosanty wins the IWF

well played.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                      To be honest I dont really want to "do" anything. I've no particular reason other than I'm curious about it.

I also wouldnt mind having some sort of skill with regards to it... I mean, I've a Commerce Degree... Im not delusional enough to think that this affords me any sort of edge or advantage in todays (or the short-medium term) jobs market so I figure since I've some sort of curiousity for programming and a small interest in it, why not have a look into it and see if I can at least try make it into some kind of discernable skill.

I dont have time to do a course in it as Im off to Oz travelling soon but something to read/workthrough in any down time I have would be cool.

Thanks for the links.
                      Learn a database package like Access(or modern equivalent) and some SQL imo
                      that or a website language like PHP

both of which could be handy to have if looking for an office job

database's are logic based so you will soon know if you like/can work with them

stay away from C/C++/Java etc unless you want to be hardcore backend programmer and as Strewelpeter said
                      mostly I say to people who ask this question that if you wanted to do it you would probably be doing it already.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                        nicosanty wins the IWF

well played.
                        did they do a deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                          did they do a deal?
                          Adam posted this on the PPP blog a while back

We lose Tom Finneran moments after players make a deal that sees 3rd place walk away with the same as 2nd place. Tom moves in for 800k and gets called by Nicholas Newport. Nicholas has 55 while Tom has K2. Board is 3-T-6 / 2 / A and another hand holds up for Nicholas. I’ll have counts in a minute.

Comment

did they do a deal?
                            Yep, ages ago when it was three handed. Bit of an odd deal as Nick had half the chips in play but they all seemed very happy about it so what do I know?

Noel Hayes comes over a couple of minutes later to say they had chopped it up wrong and there was 10k left.

I believe they gave some of that to the dealers. Which was a nice gesture.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                              Looking for some travel advice, can't make up my mind

I'm thinking of heading away for 4-5 days in the middle of November but can't decide where to go. Couple of options are

1)New York
                              2)London
                              3)Barcelona

Which one would be the BBV's choice and what would you do in each location?
                              Right then, I'm 90% sure I'm going to New York. I dropped into American Holidays and they quoted me over €1000 for 5 nights in NYC which seems very expensive.

A friend recommended The Edison and I had a quick check on line and it looks ok an is defo cheaper than what I was quoted in AH.

Anybody with any other good hotel recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                punch a Buddhist

they don't hit back
                                I was just looking at this post, I don't know of any famous Buddhists, they have to sell out soon.
                                Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                Think Mellor did it.
                                He did. Forgot to check did it remain for long

Comment

For those not following the updates. Jack90210 is heads up in the €500 side event at the IWF. He won the seat by coming second in the IPB/PPP league. Excellent spin up for him

Comment

Wp Nick for winning the IWF has being treating to win big won 4 a while, Took home 110k i think super stuff man.
                                    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                      For those not following the updates. Jack90210 is heads up in the €500 side event at the IWF. He won the seat by coming second in the IPB/PPP league. Excellent spin up for him
                                      whats the payout - no doubt the mods had a clause in the small print?

Comment

punch a Buddhist

they don't hit back
                                        Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                        noted.
                                        Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                        I was just looking at this post, I don't know of any famous Buddhists, they have to sell out soon.
                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDDUJnYdGmo[/ame]

Comment

whats the payout - no doubt the mods had a clause in the small print?
                                          18.5K ftw and 11K for second.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                            "Oh man i can not even count the amount of women i had fun with there lol"
                                            Please tell me he actually said the word lol, it alone would make up for all the spam e-mails I've gotten from Nigerian's through the years...
                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                              Right then, I'm 90% sure I'm going to New York. I dropped into American Holidays and they quoted me over €1000 for 5 nights in NYC which seems very expensive.

A friend recommended The Edison and I had a quick check on line and it looks ok an is defo cheaper than what I was quoted in AH.

Anybody with any other good hotel recommendations?
                                              Should get it a bit cheaper if you book directly have a look at flight and hotel deals as i am near certain i got over there for €700 for the same period.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                Learn a database package like Access(or modern equivalent) and some SQL imo
                                                that or a website language like PHP

both of which could be handy to have if looking for an office job

database's are logic based so you will soon know if you like/can work with them

stay away from C/C++/Java etc unless you want to be hardcore backend programmer and as Strewelpeter said
                                                good advice but Access is not a prestige package at all.
                                                Oracle, MSSQQL, MySQL, DB2 are all better options.
                                                A BI package is also a plus, COGNOS, InPromptu etc
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  good advice but Access is not a prestige package at all.
                                                  Oracle, MSSQQL, MySQL, DB2 are all better options.
                                                  A BI package is also a plus, COGNOS, InPromptu etc
                                                  If she was serious one of the above would be the job alright

ya I know Access is basically shite(always was)

tbh I was not sure which database package to recommend and thought Access was a good one to learn the basics on?
                                                  +was sure someone would come on and rec a better one

+Access (is?)was used in offices for small jobs (its a while since I worked a desk job tbh)

I suppose Oracle etc are so prevalent that starting on Access would probably be a waste of time alright and she would be better off starting with one of the packages you named?
                                                  Last edited by Guest; 26-10-10, 00:04. Reason: *now with a side order of waffle

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                    Nobody in the world runs as bad as me when all in. I could punch a muslim.
                                                    lol. Omaha one happened 5 mins ago, feeling a bit sick at the mo, biggest pot Ive played in years.

On Game, $5/$5 PL Omaha Cash Game, 7 Players
                                                    LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $706
                                                    BTN: $509.50
                                                    SB: $551.25
                                                    Hero (BB): $1,156.50
                                                    UTG: $455
                                                    UTG+1: $1,162
                                                    MP: $1,447.50

Pre-Flop: K K A T dealt to Hero (BB)
                                                    UTG calls $5, UTG+1 folds, MP calls $5, CO calls $5, BTN calls $5, SB checks, Hero raises to $20, UTG calls $15, MP calls $15, CO calls $15, 2 folds

Flop: ($90) 7 K 5 (4 Players)
                                                    Hero bets $62.50, UTG calls $62.50, MP calls $62.50, CO calls $62.50

Turn: ($340) T (4 Players)
                                                    Hero checks, UTG bets $340, MP calls $340, CO folds, Hero raises to $1,074 and is All-In, UTG calls $32.50 and is All-In, MP folds

River: ($1,425) 7 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $1,425 Pot ($3 Rake)
                                                    Hero showed K K A T and LOST (-$450 NET)
                                                    UTG showed 6 6 7 7 and WON $1,422 (+$967 NET)

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players

UTG: $272.60
                                                    MP: $514.85
                                                    CO: $509.20
                                                    BTN: $534.70
                                                    SB: $257.20
                                                    Hero (BB): $260.30

Pre-Flop: A A dealt to Hero (BB)
                                                    2 folds, CO raises to $3, 2 folds, Hero raises to $10, CO raises to $23, Hero raises to $52, CO raises to $83, Hero raises to $259.10 and is All-In, CO calls $177.10

Flop: ($521.90) 4 K T (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($521.90) 3 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($521.90) 4 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $521.90 Pot ($3 Rake)
                                                    CO showed K K and WON $518.90 (+$258.80 NET)
                                                    Hero showed A A and LOST (-$259.10 NET)

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

BTN: $132.20
                                                    SB: $125
                                                    BB: $126.85
                                                    Hero (UTG): $126.15
                                                    CO: $133.80

Pre-Flop: A A dealt to Hero (UTG)
                                                    Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BTN raises to $6, 2 folds, Hero raises to $18, BTN raises to $40, Hero raises to $126.05 and is All-In, BTN calls $86.05

Flop: ($253.35) 9 5 8 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($253.35) K (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($253.35) Q (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $253.35 Pot ($2 Rake)
                                                    BTN showed K K and WON $251.35 (+$125.30 NET)
                                                    Hero showed A A and LOST (-$126.05 NET)

Comment

You lost more but I run badder than bad, bad. I run bad.

Comment

WTF could MP have folded in the PLO hand?

Comment

On final table in the ipoker $25k $50 rebuy. 3/7 atm
                                                          It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            PLO is fun

Comment

K5 or K86?

Comment

he was reminded pre river bets that it was PLO Hi ...not Hi/Lo

Comment

the Irish woman presenting on SSN is a babe!

Comment

I'd love some cake.
                                                                    It should be possible to order cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                      I'd love some cake.
                                                                      It should be possible to order cake.
                                                                      You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Comment

Lotto conspiracy

Highlight:

Originally posted by Carra23
                                                                        I have been saying it's some how rigged for a long time but my theory is based on the fact that if you do a quick pick say of two lines , 9/10 times you will get at least one number on both lines. I know this wont gaurentee no winner but it just reduces the chances. If you've got 3 on both your lines and 3 doesn't come out your lines are dead. Coupled with the OP's theory it would be very easy to rig.

Comment

Originally posted by 72zero View Post
                                                                          He only went and won it, wp.

Comment

I'll have to come out of online poker tournament retirment at some point so you can all congratulate me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                              I'll have to come out of online poker tournament retirment at some point so you can all congratulate me.
                                                                              Play over 1,800 free online games. Shockwave.com offers the best puzzle games, cooking games, dress up games, car racing games, and more. New games every day!

Comment

Busted out.

Comment

18/27 in the 18k super stack on full tilt atm
                                                                                  been pretty card dead for the last 2hrs
                                                                                  so iam due a bust of 'em

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                    18/27 in the 18k super stack on full tilt atm
                                                                                    been pretty card dead for the last 2hrs
                                                                                    so iam due a bust of 'em
                                                                                    ul

Comment

obviously bbv curseaments

called a shorties push with AK but it didn't hold against villians A10
                                                                                      then pushed from the bttn with A9 no good against the same villian's 66

ah well

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Nice week for u, congrats

Comment

Very close to double shipidyshippage tonight...

SPOILER

Could have played better in the 8k hu but rushed it so I could have a celebratory beer

Did make a nice enough call in it though...

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 25000/50000 Blinds (2 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t1379066.12)
                                                                                          Hero (BB) (t1698433.88)

Hero's M: 22.65

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, Q
                                                                                          SB bets t79000, Hero calls t54000

Flop: (t208000) 3, 3, 2 (2 players)
                                                                                          Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: (t208000) A (2 players)
                                                                                          Hero checks, SB bets t94000, Hero calls t94000

River: (t396000) 3 (2 players)
                                                                                          Hero checks, SB bets t254000, Hero calls t254000

Total pot: t904000

Results:
                                                                                          SB had 6, 7 (three of a kind, threes).
                                                                                          Hero had J, Q (three of a kind, threes).
                                                                                          Outcome: Hero won t914000

Couple those with 3rd in the €200 IWF side event and it's been a pure savage weekend!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMDBflm711M[/ame]
                                                                                          It's all an illusion

Comment

With all this talk of thanks whoring lately I'd just like to say I shipped a $5 DON on ipoker.

Comment

flushdraw must be raging . . .

KevIrl was getting alot of thanks for his updates at the IWF. nearly made up the ground for the number one spot
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Obviously the BBV hates Tuesdays as much as I do. 5 hours without a post? Not even a rasher sandwich?
                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

So starting a new job in 10 mins.... So I've decided no poker playing till late dec/Jan! Should give me some time to look over stuff and get my game straight while also getting to grips with my new job!

Also brag: shipped a pretty great job!! So ship ship!
                                                                                                  Last edited by pgodkin; 26-10-10, 09:01.

Comment

Very close to double shipidyshippage tonight...
                                                                                                    Can i assume the run bad is over Dave? wp sir. Also nice avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                      Can i assume the run bad is over Dave? wp sir. Also nice avatar!
                                                                                                      How did u finish up in jp's league game???

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                        BBV help needed!

I'm supposed to be going to Spain (from the UK) in two weeks time but just realised my passport is expired. Rang the Irish Embassy in London, and they said they can't fast track applications at the moment and it's 6 weeks to get a passport.

My Irish driving license says that I was born in Ireland, would this be good enough as proof of nationality to travel within the EU?
                                                                                                        sorry to say AndyFB you are in a bit of a pickle
                                                                                                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

just had a muscle biopsy done - not nice at all but all in the name of science

started a new healthy buzz yesterday so I might start one of them personal log things

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                            How did u finish up in jp's league game???
                                                                                                            6th, bit gutted after going back as chip leader. Lost a monster pot all in on flop with middle pair having to dodge the flush draw and 2 overs which got there on the river and then 10s < 9s. Ah well got my mini WSOP ticket and a few quid out of it at least.

Where you playing or do i know you IRL?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              lived there (BC) and travelled around that part of the world a fair bit
                                                                                                              what do ya wanna know?
                                                                                                              Just wondering if that route is any good or if its overlooking something good really...

Comment

WP 72
                                                                                                                you are a curse to me 72, last two games I played with you I more or less bubbled. I enjoyed that 200 game, only dogged one person the whole tourny and that was the A8 call agianst my K 10 so not a huge one. I just need a run average card in the latter stages mo. If yer man didn't hit the case 7 I was in great shape for the FT never mind the bubble. 8 hours of poker was enough for me the weekend.

In other news there is a possibility I may be going to Russia with herself for a couple of years. Won't know till the New Year. Living in a resort for 3 years but not far from insurrection, as Capt. James T. Kirk would say. Sounds like fun

Comment

In other news there is a possibility I may be going to Russia with herself for a couple of years. Won't know till the New Year. Living in a resort for 3 years but not far from insurrection, as Capt. James T. Kirk would say. Sounds like fun
                                                                                                                  which bit of Russia solks?
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Wow,that is a big decision dude.The important thing is to take your time over it and don't go Russian into anything.
                                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

which bit of Russia solks?
                                                                                                                      can't really say but think 2014 Winter Olympics

Comment

Thanks
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                          Wow,that is a big decision dude.The important thing is to take your time over it and don't go Russian into anything.
                                                                                                                          don't preech to me.

It's only a possibility , some musing to be done in the next while.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X