Clear All

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
    [ ] Had permit.
    Oh how I lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      It's just pure brilliance that film.
      I'm kinda annoyed I missed out on 3d boobies though
      3d full frontal lesbian underwater Kelly Brook scene...I mean it's the kind of movie magic that's been missing in Hollywood for a while now and it's good to see them going back to their roots and also bringing out films that justify being in 3d!
      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        I went to Iceland on part of our honeymoon. Fantastic place to visit, as well as staying in Reykjavik for a few days we travelled right up the west coast. At that time it was very expensive especially to hire a jeep but if I was going back I'd want to do more driving into the interior. Don't think I'd want to go outside of the summer more because of the length of the day than the weather.
        Doesn't Iceland have one of the most homogeneous populations in the western world?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
          Doesn't Iceland have one of the most homogeneous populations in the western world?
          about two thirds of them are blonde blue eyed Nordic types the other third look exactly like us. The Irish genes come from the days when any time they found themselves a bit short of cheap labour they would send some boats down to Donegal to round up some slaves probably swapping them for a couple of hot scandie women and a few cod.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
            Quick hand from $11 7.5k gtee on stars, 110 or so left, in the money.

Blinds 500-1000-100.

I'm playing 15k in the bb,

HJ opens to 2k playing 40k, CO flats playing 15k or so.

Who likes shipping with any two?
            Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
            a lot "depends" but mostly fist pump shove with any 2
            Originally posted by sligboi View Post
            Depends on your image. Also, CO seems pretty bad if he's flatting 2k from 15. He'll prob call it off with a baby pair in this situation.

Get through the blinds and find a better spot imo
            If the CO is a good player (a player that hasnt made any massive mistakswhen yu were paying) i would let "any 2" go, my range here would be tight enough to suited connectors 56+ and decent pais 99+ my reason behind this is tat agod player wont flat 2k of a 15k stack, he is looking o get it in ether allowing someone to hang themselves by squeezing or just slowplay a monster and hopes someone catchs a piece of it!
            Last edited by pgodkin; 07-10-10, 12:27.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              Hopefully Hotspur has some kind of valid reason for it, just find it a little strange.
              It's just confirmation bias. 11:11 is a pretty distinctive time so you notice all the times you do see it but you don't think about the number of days you don't see it. You also don't consider the examples you look at the time and it's some random uninteresting time.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                Im buying a new phone soon and im between the BlackBerry Curve 8520 and Nokia E5? Im on a budget so Im not splashing out on a iphone or desire.

Anyone everhave any problems with them or recomend either?
                Picked up the E5 a few weeks ago and am happy with it. The screen is not the best for viewing outdors but the phone packs plenty of apps

Comment

Meh shoved 56o and co tank called with AJ, prob should have taken into account the fact that he can be assumed bad, think it works if he has more behind if that makes sense.

Comment

^^ slowrolling bastard

Comment

Meh shoved 56o and co tank called with AJ, prob should have taken into account the fact that he can be assumed bad, think it works if he has more behind if that makes sense.
                      how can you assume him bad????? i dont undrstand the way he played it means he got you in the middle behind!

Comment

Calling 2 big blinds from a 15 big blind stack is bad.
                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                          Calling 2 big blinds from a 15 big blind stack is bad.
                          not if he is trying to create a squeeze behind him, the tank calling may point to the fact that this person may not understand what he is doing but it's a fairly effective move.

Assume the HJ is just after the blinds/pick up the pot, his hand cant stand a re-raise, therefore re-raising him wth a preium hand is a waste of a hand, esp given the fact he has like 40bb stack. i'd rasie shove on this guy with like 73o, by calling he allows the blinds/button to spazz out and shove "any two."

Also the fact that they were in the money is another decent reason, if the HJ calls the BB shove, we can fold and still have our 10bb+ shove or fold stack and move up the pay ladder!

Comment

meh 1/8 in the ANZPT Melbourne sat now with 8 left, 4 tix and small cash for 5th and 6th.

Comment

glgl

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                not if he is trying to create a squeeze behind him, the tank calling may point to the fact that this person may not understand what he is doing but it's a fairly effective move.
                                hmmm this could be an interesting discussion. the player in question made a good move but all his reasoning for doing such a good thing was false. does that make the move bad??

or on the other hand

A player makes a bad move but all his reasoning for making the move was good. does that make the move good?

Comment

meh 1/8 in the ANZPT Melbourne sat now with 8 left, 4 tix and small cash for 5th and 6th.
                                  Site and sn for a rail? You can delete afterwards if you wish

Comment

Stars and jammmmit, down a bit in the pack now. Don't play there too much but have been messing around the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      Tony, did you get your laptop sorted?
                                      Sounds like whenever you reboot it's resetting your connection to how it was after killarney
                                      Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      Yeh sort of got it sorted James.

In the Wireless Network Connection Properties, Internet Protocol Version 6 has the "Obtain DNS server address automatically" unticked and it had an alternative server address in the box. I had to reset it back to the auto again. Not sure what's changing it
                                      Came back in less than an hour ago and it was gone again and lo and behold there was an address in the settings again instead of the obtain auto which was ticked.

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                      Where could I buy an iPod cable? Just the cable...

They seem to go missing very easy around here and I cant charge my phone without it. Very tilting.
                                      I got one in the pound shop in the north and it attaches to a cigar lighter for charging in the car. I used it as well on the laptop for charging and it has been fine.

Comment

hmmm this could be an interesting discussion. the player in question made a good move but all his reasoning for doing such a good thing was false. does that make the move bad??

or on the other hand

A player makes a bad move but all his reasoning for making the move was good. does that make the move good?
                                        I would be of the opinion that if you have a good grounding in poker theory and you can have a reasoned discussion and articulate your thoughts then the vast majority of the time it will be a good move.

"I just didn't think he had it!!" - If this is the only reasoning you can give for making a call/raise then no matter what the results are I think it's a bad move.
                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Assume the HJ is just after the blinds/pick up the pot, his hand cant stand a re-raise, therefore re-raising him wth a preium hand is a waste of a hand, esp given the fact he has like 40bb stack. i'd rasie shove on this guy with like 73o, by calling he allows the blinds/button to spazz out and shove "any two."

Also the fact that they were in the money is another decent reason, if the HJ calls the BB shove, we can fold and still have our 10bb+ shove or fold stack and move up the pay ladder!
                                          No its pretty obvious flatting 2bbs out of 15 with AJ in the hope that someone might squeeze a worse hand is horrific.

Comment

or on the other hand

This is a long drawn out game, a player is only as good as his long term discission skills i feel, thats why im bad!

ie in the above example the shove the any two cards may win you the hand alot of the time, think about how rare that suitation will be, as alot of the time the player in the co will know what he's doing some of the time, and only call with hands that crush your and fold everything else even marginal calling hands such s AJ, etc

then there are bad payer will look at the pot and go god i've put 2k in and if i get my stack in now i can win 34-36k and be back in the game, so the AJ will only be the top of that range, he will still call with the likes of j10+ Axs etc and win what 60% of the time against 56o

Comment

Stars and jammmmit, down a bit in the pack now. Don't play there too much but have been messing around the last few days.
                                              See you're a bit short on the bubble. It's better having the 2 big stacks to your left as opposed to your right so that's 1 thing GL man, TID

Comment

Blast from the past...

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                RE health insurance, little known trick...
                                                first, go here

then compare your current policy to the list, there will be a comparable "company plan" for whatever policy you're on. according to EU law (so im told) if they offer a policy to someone, they have to offer it to everyone. the Company plans are the reduced rates they offer to get the foot in the door of large companies. You can ring up and insist to be put on the same policy and get the exact same cover for less.

Re using health insurance; I'm 27 and in the last few years, I've broken my nose, had my appendix rupture, had two wisdom teeth out, and am going in next week for a septoplasty to repair a deviated septum related to the first nose break. priced a septoplasty privately, €7000!! will be in hospital for 3 days apparently, quinn will be footing the bill. So yes, health insurance is worth every penny IMO.
                                                Has anyone had any success with this?
                                                I'm not currently in cover but was considering emailing my dad about it.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

or on the other hand

can you give an example wehre you can make a bad move with good reasoning?

in the hand above you can't really comment what he was thinking ,in isolation.

if he did it to induce a shove,well then he has to call the shove to make his flat-call a good play imo.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                    No its pretty obvious flatting 2bbs out of 15 with AJ in the hope that someone might squeeze a worse hand is horrific.
                                                    A classic example of someone flatting with AJ hoping the original raiser has a lower pocket pair and hoping no big stack will re-raise behind them and then they will be in a position to donk off the rest of their stack.

Comment

Cheers think I need it!

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                        can you give an example wehre you can make a bad move with good reasoning?

in the hand above you can't really comment what he was thinking ,in isolation.

if he did it to induce a shove,well then he has to call the shove to make his flat-call a good play imo.
                                                        its tough to give an example because it rarely happens.

I remember a couple of years ago Noel Hayes was playing a live sat. Now he was in good shape for a ticket but by no means was he locked up. I remember how he gave a really good detailed account of why he should shove any 2 in a certain spot but he ended up busting when the villain called with AK (terrible call at the time).

imo Noels reasoning was 100% spot on but he still gave up a ticket by trying a risky move when there was possibly easier spots to pick

Comment

This is a long drawn out game, a player is only as good as his long term discission skills i feel, thats why im bad!

ie in the above example the shove the any two cards may win you the hand alot of the time, think about how rare that suitation will be, as alot of the time the player in the co will know what he's doing some of the time, and only call with hands that crush your and fold everything else even marginal calling hands such s AJ, etc

then there are bad payer will look at the pot and go god i've put 2k in and if i get my stack in now i can win 34-36k and be back in the game, so the AJ will only be the top of that range, he will still call with the likes of j10+ Axs etc and win what 60% of the time against 56o
                                                          This is why there is no poker discussion in the BBV.

Also the first part made me think of this guy:

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Cheers think I need it!
                                                            Mucn need Double up followed by the old KJ suckout. Ship it Max, wp!

Comment

Ha yeah, pretty crazy. Got very lucky against the guy who bubbled earlier when i pinged a J on the river with JJ v his QQ aipf.

I actually saw they had $50 hyper turbo sats but didn't really have enough online cause I'm busto so I played a $20 DON, won that, bought into the $50 hyper turbo and won a $265 ticket then shipped the seat for $2515.

Had a few beers and spliffs while playing and watched Rain Man (which was as good as people said) so all in all a good nights work.

Comment

Uuuuugh, Martin Laird has the scottish version of Gmac's accent. Horrible

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y5Zy_aJ128[/ame]

Comment

its tough to give an example because it rarely happens.

I remember a couple of years ago Noel Hayes was playing a live sat. Now he was in good shape for a ticket but by no means was he locked up. I remember how he gave a really good detailed account of why he should shove any 2 in a certain spot but he ended up busting when the villain called with AK (terrible call at the time).

imo Noels reasoning was 100% spot on but he still gave up a ticket by trying a risky move when there was possibly easier spots to pick
                                                                    if you think his reasoning was good,then the fact that he busted doesn't matter.

if the move he made was a +EV one ,then the fact that it didn't work that time means jack really.

Comment

Love the crowd reaction

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKjDir2IMA8[/ame]
                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Any sites bar sharkscope tracking I-poker tournies?

Comment

I am running a charity day for The Irish Heart Foundation tomorrow and in memory of a friend who passed away last year.

If anyone has any spare €5's they dont really need and would like to help out by donating you can do so at the following link

Any help is greatly appreciated.

*Mods please delete if inappropriate.

Comment

Anyone here ever been to Colorado? is it interesting enough to spend a couple of weeks in even with a good amount of driving around included? more summer time I'm thinking,v rather than snowy winter.

Comment

Any sites bar sharkscope tracking I-poker tournies?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                Anyone here ever been to Colorado? is it interesting enough to spend a couple of weeks in even with a good amount of driving around included? more summer time I'm thinking,v rather than snowy winter.
                                                                                Stopped off there for an hour on a trip between San Diego and NY. The Pizza is phenomenally good in Denver airport. That's about the sum total of my Colorado experience.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                  Stopped off there for an hour on a trip between San Diego and NY. The Pizza is phenomenally good in Denver airport. That's about the sum total of my Colorado experience.
                                                                                  I'll bear that in mind. Cheers.

Comment

If you were there in Winter you'd have skiing as a brucie bonus.

You got all the major sports, the rockies, mixture of big cities and rural America rolled into the one state, liberal and conservative parts, etc, etc. I'd say you could spend about as much time there as most US States tbh.
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Came back in less than an hour ago and it was gone again and lo and behold there was an address in the settings again instead of the obtain auto which was ticked.
                                                                                      what is the address?
                                                                                      if i get a chance later on I'll do some sleuthing
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I saw Bombay Bicycle Club cover this song on a C4 program last night.
                                                                                        Its Loudon Wainwright III, father of Rufus and Martha Wainright. A really good song and very humorous lyrics about an older lonely touring rocker trying/hoping to get laid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKqZZg2U6t4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKqZZg2U6t4[/ame]
                                                                                        Last edited by GrangeUtd; 07-10-10, 15:30.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                          Time to splash out on the new xbox with the 250gb HD
                                                                                          Just got told that "apparently" I did buy game protection Sweet. I'll give you a game tomorrow so.

Also wtf is the story with the cheapest tickets being €90 for the game tomorrow vs Russia and bundling in the Norway friendly which isn't even on for another month?

Comment

Was in Denver for a day but also did some mountain biking up the Rockies which is well worth it. This was about 9 years ago, all I can remember from Denver was getting some burritos which may have been my first every burritos. They were very good.

Comment

Anyone know any windscreen repair companies that fix chips in glass. the wife's car got hit this morning and i wana get it fixed before the cold weather sets in!

thanks in advance people

@kayroo lol @me i read that and i was like wtf is he on about and then did my dyslexia thing and got it VWP sir! im not going to change it because i think that one bit of the movie is pro the funniest bit!

also anyone seen "the other guys" i taught it was alright, but i go into everyone of you mans films with my brain turned off

Comment

On the American theme, if a young family (like 2 small kids + Dukes III) were to spend a week in NYC and then have 2 weeks to go elsewhere in the NE, where would the BBV recommend? (non-city as we'll be all citied out)
                                                                                                May\June time

I've spent time in the Catskills and the Nantucket\Marthas Vineyard areas before.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone know any windscreen repair companies that fix chips in glass. the wife's car got hit this morning and i wana get it fixed before the cold weather sets in!

thanks in advance people

@kayroo lol @me i read that and i was like wtf is he on about and then did my dyslexia thing and got it VWP sir! im not going to change it because i think that one bit of the movie is pro the funniest bit!

also anyone seen "the other guys" i taught it was alright, but i go into everyone of you mans films with my brain turned off
                                                                                                  Yeah its a decent laugh and nothing more.
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  Highlight being the Rock and Samuel L. jumping off the building. Which is really early in the film. Never gets close to that funny again.

Comment

Ring Luke from Auto Glass.

He will call out and pump his special resin into your wife's windscreen

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                      Ring Luke from Auto Glass.

He will call out and pump his special resin into your wife's windscreen
                                                                                                      have you seen her add on that website?????

Edit: Do autoglass do it??
                                                                                                      Last edited by pgodkin; 07-10-10, 16:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        On the American theme, if a young family (like 2 small kids + Dukes III) were to spend a week in NYC and then have 2 weeks to go elsewhere in the NE, where would the BBV recommend? (non-city as we'll be all citied out)
                                                                                                        May\June time

I've spent time in the Catskills and the Nantucket\Marthas Vineyard areas before.
                                                                                                        Nice area around a town called Burlington (in New Hampshire I itnhk). Right beside a big lake, so probably kid type things to do as well nearby.

Comment

posted a new blog up, nothing TL;DR, opinions/tips on writing it welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            May\June time

Drive down to Asheville NC on the Blue Ridge Parkway You can go all the way to Atlanta but you can also drop off into places like Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge for the tackiest America can deliver including Dollywood.
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                              posted a new blog up, nothing TL;DR, opinions/tips on writing it welcome.
                                                                                                              You want it updating into the blogs forum on IPB?

Comment

You want it updating into the blogs forum on IPB?
                                                                                                                yes please

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                  yes please
                                                                                                                  Done.

*cough* link on blog to IPB *cough*

Comment

Done.

*cough* link on blog to IPB *cough*
                                                                                                                    LOL done

Comment

I found an apartment i want to take on kijiji/craigslist its 1100 a month and im taking it for 2 months.

Im taking this based on pictures.

She is looking for a 500 deposit whats my play only a fool would send that ?

Whats my play to try secure the apartment while here in Ireland.
                                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I sent a bank draft in advance of moving to Toronto. Standard imo, think of it from her point of view. You could be any ol' scammer.

Comment

Edit: Do autoglass do it??
                                                                                                                          Autoglass repair.
                                                                                                                          Autoglass replace.
                                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X