This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Michelle Obama deserves a place on that list.
    really? off the top of my head i would have said Bruni.

Comment

This system has been totally changed since the Good Fri Croke Park Agreement, with the unions agreeing to implement efficiencies.
      Strictly personally speaking and with respect to yourself, I haven't seen anything halt progress and stymie efficiency quite like the unions do. They are quite efficient at it 'round these parts to be honest.

Just my view, I'll probably come in for aggro for saying it but there y'go

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        Cheers Bless You!

That was my understanding from talking to people as well, but just needed to double-check as was fairly flabbergasted by the idea. What an absolutely dumbass system.

In academia it seems to essentially mean that the people who end up outperforming and feel underpaid will jump ship for appointment in another job at a more justified place on the scale, while the department is left with the overpaid useless workers.
        And they wonder why the public sector has less productivity then the private sector.

Of course the fact that it took you this long to understand the increments system and it's impact on staff quality and your future income stream is also a little scary if I'm honest.......
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Michelle Obama deserves a place on that list.

Ban for anyone who posts Mary Cowen photos obv.
          Please include pics with submission for consideration. Please and thanks.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
            really? off the top of my head i would have said Bruni.
            In fairness Bruni is the winner, I just think MObama deserves a top10 slot.

Carla Bruni does have the advantage of a huge back catalogue of glamour shots that can be wheeled out as evidence.

A fairer competition would be to seperate those who were with the guy before he became a powerful politician from those like Bruni and Mrs Berlusconi who only appeared on the scene when the man became El Leader.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRZvERI5nf8[/ame]

Just heard Joe talking about this being todays topic, couldn't find any longer clips. Seems tame.
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

[NSFW="NSFSS"]

[/NSFW]
                Last edited by Wombatman; 27-09-10, 11:52.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

A fairer competition would be to seperate those who were with the guy before he became a powerful politician from those like Bruni and Mrs Berlusconi who only appeared on the scene when the man became El Leader.
                  Il Leader

(I am suffering from a particularly virulent form of kayrooitis at present)
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Il Leader

(I am suffering from a particularly virulent form of kayrooitis at present)
                    Well, if it affects you like your little girl, someone's gonna die!

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                      Well, if it affects you like your little girl, someone's gonna die!
                      probably the next donkey who sucks out on me live and then celebrates with a fistpump and a "I knew it was coming"

Comment

Nice, Round Ireland with a Fridge is showing in the local picturehouse tomorrow night, and Tony Hawks (author, not skater) is doing a Q&A afterwards. Been a while since I read the book but very enjoyable

Comment

So something strange has happened to me. I went out on Friday for a few drinks, had to go to a couple of parties, was planning on taking it easy but ended up having 10 pints or so and getting home at 4. Was up at 12.00 on Saturday to go to a wedding, in pieces, had to have a pint before the church just to settle things down. Drank solidly all day, approx 12 pints, 2-3 bottles of wine, champagne, jaggerbombs, shots etc. Got home at about 6.30.

Woke up around 9.30 yesterday morning, felt fine. At first I thought I must be still drunk. Played squash at 11.00, went for lunch and a walk in the park and then spent the rest of the day catching up on some tv/films, just waiting for the hangover to hit. It never came, and I really need an explanation as to why I have suddenly become immune to hangovers.
                          "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                            So something strange has happened to me. I went out on Friday for a few drinks, had to go to a couple of parties, was planning on taking it easy but ended up having 10 pints or so and getting home at 4. Was up at 12.00 on Saturday to go to a wedding, in pieces, had to have a pint before the church just to settle things down. Drank solidly all day, approx 12 pints, 2-3 bottles of wine, champagne, jaggerbombs, shots etc. Got home at about 6.30.

Woke up around 9.30 yesterday morning, felt fine. At first I thought I must be still drunk. Played squash at 11.00, went for lunch and a walk in the park and then spent the rest of the day catching up on some tv/films, just waiting for the hangover to hit. It never came, and I really need an explanation as to why I have suddenly become immune to hangovers.
                            Tomorrow won't be so fun

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                              Tomorrow won't be so fun
                              Wreck, NewApproach is clearly the expert on such matters so he might say different but 2 or 3 pints tonight might be a good idea, help you come down

Comment

I really need an explanation as to why I have suddenly become immune to hangovers.

Comment

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=5582

Game 10 on tonight and you can possibly win free entry to it as well

fair play to paddypower

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                    Nice, Round Ireland with a Fridge is showing in the local picturehouse tomorrow night, and Tony Hawks (author, not skater) is doing a Q&A afterwards. Been a while since I read the book but very enjoyable
                                    More details please? Where is the local picture house / what time? I didn't even know there was a film of the book.

It must be about 8 years since I read that book, very funny

Have you read any other of Hawks work, One Hit Wonderland or Playing the Moldovans at Tennis?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                      More details please? Where is the local picture house / what time? I didn't even know there was a film of the book.

Have you read any other of Hawks work, One Hit Wonderland or Playing the Moldovans at Tennis?
                                      It's on in Waterford. Seems like the movie has just been released and there's a bit of a tour that Hawks is doing with it

I've read Playing the Moldovans at Tennis as well, pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Ya, it's all pretty funny imo, although it is a few years since I've read any of them. He also had one called something like 'Playing a piano in the Pyrenees' or similar.

Comment

d I really need an explanation as to why I have suddenly become immune to hangovers.
                                          hate to have to tell you this
                                          but neither of these would classify as sessions worthy of a hangover imo

actually sounds like a normal mid week relaxing drink to me

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

A brilliant last 90 minutes in WW, still ongoing.

Comment

I'm now pretty convinced that the 3 y/o is pulling a sickie (stuffing her face with chocolate, beating up the dog and marching around shouting her head off)

cunning, devious - and a rabid reactionary

I'm a great role model imo

Comment

Irish 10Y yields will probably hit 7% this week - jumping up from last weeks highs again today

the 'measure of fuckedness', as emmet so excellently put it, just got even more elevated

Comment

A brilliant last 90 minutes in WW, still ongoing.
                                                  Much as I hate WW, had a look in on the posts since lunch time and its been quite good/funny. Nice twist (CHD modding it?)

Comment

Can't stop laughing, not good in an open-plan office.
                                                    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 27-09-10, 14:20.

Comment

Being a villager is life-tilting every time it happens.

I really need to quit

Comment

Rapidshare question.

getting fatal errors when i try to D/L, checked account, says i have 500+ rapids, still dont know what these are but seems like its at least a months supply, account is premium till sometime in october, so still active...anyone having issues with rapidshare ? think i may just sign up to hotfile, what you guys doing ?
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Just hit 1000 posts

My post rate on boards has dropped dramatically since I found this place.

You guys are fuckin awesome - thanks for having me

Comment

RS still working fine for me as of last night. I have signed up to HF as well though.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                              Much as I hate WW, had a look in on the posts since lunch time and its been quite good/funny. Nice twist (CHD modding it?)
                                                              WW13 is brought to you by CC, AJ and CHD

Comment

I've been watching the racing all day today. while I have an occasional bet I don't bet in running. I was just wondering what people do who bet in running when there is a thick fog like in bath all day today? Can there even be a market formed for an invisible track?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  Rapidshare question.

getting fatal errors when i try to D/L, checked account, says i have 500+ rapids, still dont know what these are but seems like its at least a months supply, account is premium till sometime in october, so still active...anyone having issues with rapidshare ? think i may just sign up to hotfile, what you guys doing ?
                                                                  Same thing just happened to me trying to use jdownloader, was fine last night.

The website is all different though so not sure if thats why.

I tried downloading without jdownloader manually and it works.
                                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Rapidshare question.

there's an easy fix to this. you need to access your rapidshare account, go into your settings and tick a certain box (I can't remember what it's called and i'm in work so can't access rapidshare), but if you post them up, i'll tell you which one to tick. There are only 2 or 3 anyway, so it's pretty obvious the one you need to tick.

Comment

Just admit you want to play the next one

Comment

I had to change my settings on RS last night, to set it DL automatically and not ask for authorisation for every link

Comment

WP the WW mods just read a bit there ,excellent mindfucking. love it. bow this way I'm clapping..

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Irish 10Y yields will probably hit 7% this week - jumping up from last weeks highs again today

the 'measure of fuckedness', as emmet so excellently put it, just got even more elevated

will ya ever mind the fecking child and her lego house of death.

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
                                                                              Just admit you want to play the next one
                                                                              i may do just to piss you off

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                will ya ever mind the fecking child and her lego house of death.
                                                                                screw the child, she's a machiavellian arch-manipulator

the next Bertie imo

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  there's an easy fix to this. you need to access your rapidshare account, go into your settings and tick a certain box (I can't remember what it's called and i'm in work so can't access rapidshare), but if you post them up, i'll tell you which one to tick. There are only 2 or 3 anyway, so it's pretty obvious the one you need to tick.
                                                                                  I signed up to HF, i am not the most patient man in the world...lol

Is this the box ? This the one you had to check Kev ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

EDIT: Checking the Direct D/L box worked. Cheers guys.
                                                                                  Last edited by oleras; 27-09-10, 15:22.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                                    Great deal!

Half way down the list....

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...s-2290157.html

My favourite Chinese take away in Greystones is on that list and closed since July. I thought they were just doing renovations!!

Comment

I signed up to HF, i am not the most patient man in the world...lol

Is this the box ? This the one you had to check Kev ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                                                                                      Yep thats the one

Comment

Rapidshare question.

Seems like there was a massive swing towards Hotfile, what it the price and capacity and stuff like that?
                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

i may do just to piss you off
                                                                                          LOL bring it.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                            Seems like there was a massive swing towards Hotfile, what it the price and capacity and stuff like that?
                                                                                            All the rest are unlimited downloads, soon as my rapids are used im moving to another site for sure.
                                                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I just done a month to start, 9 US and unlimited.

55 for the year i think.

It also seems most uploaders have veared away from RS since the crap that happened during the summer, everything available on HF.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Price is the same as RS was (50 quid for a year).
                                                                                                Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                All the rest are unlimited downloads, soon as my rapids are used im moving to another site for sure.
                                                                                                Rapids are lasting much longer for me this way though. My premium account was due to expire in August, and my converted rapids won't expire for a while yet. If you d/l more than 30gb per month though from RS it might not last as long though.

Comment

Took a picture of a Garda Traffic Corps car parked on double yellow lines earlier with the camera on my phone, pity I can't upload or transfer anything from my shit phone.
                                                                                                  Considered calling the Garda Confidential number plastered across the car but figured I'd just get through to some gimp who would shrug his shoulders.

Simple cunts.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                                                                                    Just hit 1000 posts

My post rate on boards has dropped dramatically since I found this place.

You guys are fuckin awesome - thanks for having me
                                                                                                    Quoting this as the BBV has had me in stitches the last day or two, there's always some drama, some kind of bitch fight or serious business discussion, or Hitchiker degenning it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                      I just done a month to start, 9 US and unlimited.

55 for the year i think.

It also seems most uploaders have veared away from RS since the crap that happened during the summer, everything available on HF.
                                                                                                      I really like the idea of unlimited I was saying the other day I didnt download full HD movies because I never wanted to feel like I was wasting the bandwidth/rapids so once they are gone im on the move to something better.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                      Price is the same as RS was (50 quid for a year).

Rapids are lasting much longer for me this way though. My premium account was due to expire in August, and my converted rapids won't expire for a while yet. If you d/l more than 30gb per month though from RS it might not last as long though.
                                                                                                      I just logged into my account there and was checking some of the logs and it kept saying in the rapids transaction "automatic purchase of 5gb additional traffic" really hope that isnt eating through my rapids when I open jdownloader in the settings and premium section it shows me as having 730gb of traffic left with a little over 2000 rapids show im my account in rapidshare.

Comment

Can someone tell me the advantage of a site like RS over just dl'ing regular torrents? Is it just ease of access?

Comment

Not sure about this movie but going to see an advance screening of Buried tonight in the Lighthouse Cinema fingers crossed its interesting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVoUBgVcf8[/ame]

Comment

Can someone tell me the advantage of a site like RS over just dl'ing regular torrents? Is it just ease of access?
                                                                                                            Pretty much so, if you have a redic quick connection I think you are on 25meg? well then the difference is just about how fast it comes down now waiting around for seeding this seeding that you dont have to have a good ratio for torrents etc etc.

Torrents are good in general I still use them for some bits and bobs but I would think that a dedicated site like RS/MS/MU/HF etc etc are just worth the little bit of money a year for it.

700mb movie in about 5 minutes
                                                                                                            350mb tv episode in 2 minutes

Seriously man I would try out the one month plans they do and see how it goes.

Comment

That movie has gotten decent reviews Danny so I'd expect it to be well worth a viewing - I'm going to see it later this week I hope. Some good movies out at the moment after a few months of terrible dross - the Town and Winter's Bone both look good to me.

Comment

Pretty much so, if you have a redic quick connection I think you are on 25meg? well then the difference is just about how fast it comes down now waiting around for seeding this seeding that you dont have to have a good ratio for torrents etc etc.

Torrents are good in general I still use them for some bits and bobs but I would think that a dedicated site like RS/MS/MU/HF etc etc are just worth the little bit of money a year for it.

700mb movie in about 5 minutes
                                                                                                                350mb tv episode in 2 minutes

Seriously man I would try out the one month plans they do and see how it goes.
                                                                                                                Also ISP's regulary throttle connection speeds for peer to peer (torrents), whereas RS etc are all regular HTTP downloads

Comment

Segway scooter firm owner dies after riding off cliff

Not the greatest advertising ever.
                                                                                                                  Continue the research.
                                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                    That movie has gotten decent reviews Danny so I'd expect it to be well worth a viewing - I'm going to see it later this week I hope. Some good movies out at the moment after a few months of terrible dross - the Town and Winter's Bone both look good to me.
                                                                                                                    Ive seen a couple of good things about it but havent read them because im afraid it will give away a bit so thats why its a little up in the air to me, had to turn that trailer off halfway because I hadnt seen it a felt I dont want it to give away anymore to me

There is like 6 or 7 out at the moment I just havent gotten around to seeing yet and looking forward to a big catch up, did read some good things about Winters Bone on a movie site I use so looking forward to catching it, as for The Town really do think it has potential.

Comment

Not sure about this movie but going to see an advance screening of Buried tonight in the Lighthouse Cinema fingers crossed its interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWVoUBgVcf8
                                                                                                                      I read about it a few months ago and then recently in Empire or total film
                                                                                                                      It sounds amazing.
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                        Also ISP's regulary throttle connection speeds for peer to peer (torrents), whereas RS etc are all regular HTTP downloads
                                                                                                                        this is one of the main reasons tbf.
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X