This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    Surely he's better off in Donegal than Paisley? (if you don't mind me saying; thought Paisley was Trainspotting-esque)

That's terrible Damo.
    Paisley used to be bad before they brought in pub/club curfews and now there are very few roaming the streets between 11pm and 2.30am. There is not a big car crash thing though like Donegal.

Drugs are not a big thing there either, you would need to go to Glasgow to really get into the scene. Edinburgh is rife with it though. They have the big heroin culture that the west side don't have.

I was in the nightclub that was used in Trainspotting! it's not even near Edinburgh and is in a place called Partick. It's a hole though haha

It was the children that made me move here, I didn't want them brought up in Scotland. I may have been from a nice enough area, but the not so nice is far too close! I saw 9 year olds (mainly boys) walking to school smoking. This freaked me out and I felt Donegal was the best place for kids to be brought up and I do still feel that way.

Everywhere has it's problems, just different ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
      definetly just out to put me in a bad mood
      Gosh, are you that easily upset?

Boohoo-Ball imo

Comment

Girl snuck out in the middle of the night. Proper lady obviously, didn't want to do the morning awkwardness!

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
          Girl snuck out in the middle of the night. Proper lady obviously, didn't want to do the morning awkwardness!
          nice

no morning quickie sucks tho

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Meeting the doctor tomorrow morning to get Champix, the supposedly wonder quit-smoking drug.

Was reading on boards that it costs 90 euro per month in Ireland and you have to take it for 3 months (but you quit smoking after 10 days and apparently it's effortless).

Seems like over here though you get any prescription for £7.20 and the doctor visit is free.

It doesn't make up for the horrendously high tax levels in UK, but that is some subsidy. There was once or twice in Ireland when I couldn't afford to buy a prescription because it cost so much, and could only go to the doctor because it was free in uni.
              Is it not £7.20 per item on a script though? handy though Doc is free.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                nice

no morning quickie sucks tho
                obviously, but sure I'm off to IKEA with the folks as of 9:30am already...

/ late for that so wouldn't even wanna know what they'd think if I was an hour () or so late

Comment

Comment

Comment

Meeting the doctor tomorrow morning to get Champix, the supposedly wonder quit-smoking drug.

Was reading on boards that it costs 90 euro per month in Ireland and you have to take it for 3 months (but you quit smoking after 10 days and apparently it's effortless).

Seems like over here though you get any prescription for £7.20 and the doctor visit is free.

It doesn't make up for the horrendously high tax levels in UK, but that is some subsidy. There was once or twice in Ireland when I couldn't afford to buy a prescription because it cost so much, and could only go to the doctor because it was free in uni.
                      Trip report in 11 days time please hitchhiker!

I must do some research on this stuff.
                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

ah yeah, so it'll cost £7.20 x 3 for the three-month treatment.
                        It depends on how the script made out. If it is a 3 month supply I think that it can be included on the 1 script for £7.20 but if it is done on 3 scripts they charge you 3 times.

If a single script was to have 3 items on it you will be charged £21.60

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                          obviously, but sure I'm off to IKEA with the folks as of 9:30am already...

/ late for that so wouldn't even wanna know what they'd think if I was an hour () or so late
                          IKEA is a great shop and I love the cafe with the Sweedish meatballs! and so reasonably priced

Comment

Comment

Today's ibood is an Air Humidifier...

Why would you want one of those? What are they for (besides humidifying air obv)?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                Just to add a bit of variation

Original video from VIVA Housefrau(first play : 17.06.1994)-----------------------------Interpret :------------WestbamTITEL :--------Wizards of the SonicYear...
                                Jaysus FD.

There is only one mix of that to be had. Or two if you included the remix of the remix

Red Jerry Version as heard in many UK clubs and sets back in ye yonder day.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0R6jfyYYKE[/ame]

Remix of Remix Matt Darey. His sets can be quite good.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGnQ-WFQns[/ame]
                                I read more than I post. I retain full ownership of all my posts. © etc

Comment

Originally posted by lol View Post
                                  Jaysus FD.

There is only one mix of that to be had. Or two if you included the remix of the remix

Red Jerry Version as heard in many UK clubs and sets back in ye yonder day.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Remix of Remix Matt Darey. His sets can be quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrGnQ-WFQns
                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qhdm5RMlVI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xGB5fupSD8&feature=related[/ame]

Ah yeah, The red Jerry mix is a classic. Was just just putting up the short original version. Some classic mixes by Dickens over the years

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                    Good movie on RTE 1 at 12:50 for any of you that are still up, The Weather Man.
                                    Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                    Now to watch The Weather Man dont forget folks RTE 1 at 12:50.
                                    Was alright show, wouldn't be advising anyone to stay up that late to watch it though

Comment

Old Crow gig in Belfast was awesome.
                                      David Rawlings and Gillian Welch were the support act and they put on one of the best performances I've ever heard, absolutely blown away by it.

WP BBV , it was out of Friday's ultimate gig thing that I realised a/ that it was on this weekend nstead of next when I couldn't go and b/ that I really didn't want to miss it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbo-RNw1Nu0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paE_WxZEJA8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXf-SuBbJa0&feature=related[/ame]
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I like music too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvtjRarucTc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BITiY8M_oDo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Vh3rLoM3g[/ame]

Comment

Oh jebus, I was online last night....better go check the FB a/c!

Comment

Fierce slow day in here today...

Comment

Isn't that stuff a bit dangerous? Seems to be loads of websites out there claiming psychotic episodes and its wiki page has a lot of worrying claims.

Ok, so they are probably a very small percentage of users, but I'd reckon someone like yourself who is likely to combine champix with large quantities of drink and drugs is statistically more likely to be in that dangerous percentage.

Have you tried all the otc stuff, patches, gum etc?

Comment

So tired, so very very tired.

Comment

yeah finkel is from wexford the other richie lawlor is from cork

hard to know which is worse

Yeah but without trying to sound arrogant you're wrong.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwuTHjoOOtk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwuTHjoOOtk[/ame]

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQU1LJQR9SQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQU1LJQR9SQ[/ame]
                                                      Last edited by kincsem; 12-09-10, 13:24.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1m5g4eHVk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY1m5g4eHVk[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                          IKEA is a great shop and I love the cafe with the Sweedish meatballs! and so reasonably priced
                                                          I hear this guy makes them

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Could some kind soul point me in the direction of a Windows XP pro activation key that works, via pm if necessary. Thanks

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                Isn't that stuff a bit dangerous? Seems to be loads of websites out there claiming psychotic episodes and its wiki page has a lot of worrying claims.

Ok, so they are probably a very small percentage of users, but I'd reckon someone like yourself who is likely to combine champix with large quantities of drink and drugs is statistically more likely to be in that dangerous percentage.

Have you tried all the otc stuff, patches, gum etc?
                                                                I was doing some googling after Hitchhiker mentioned it this morning and I came across this wiki page. Pretty frightening side effects.

I read a couple of articles on how it actually works and while I didn't quite understand alot of what I read, it certainly seems fairly invasive and some of the possible side effects aren't at all surprising.

I eagerly await hitchhikers report!

Comment

Juve 3-2 Sampdoria cracker so far 20 mins left http://www.veetle.com/index.php/chan...#4c8bbeb734f51

Comment

3-3

Comment

hello
                                                                      is there any body there???
                                                                      is this thing even on???

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                        hello
                                                                        is there any body there???
                                                                        is this thing even on???

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Must be all watching the fair city omnibus or something.

Comment

Pepe Reina's fkin awsome.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                              Pity he is the only one so far today that is.

Comment

Watching the Liverpool match on SkySports.com/Anywhere and I have to say the stream is top class and well worth setting up the account. I can do my work and watch the match at the same time at my desk without the GF knowing. Delighted

She thinks I am working and missing the match cause I am so busy. Keeps bringing me tea. Earphones ftw. She thinks it's iTunes
                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Jesus this is awful we could be 2/3 down and I wouldn't really have any complaints!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    Pity he is the only one so far today that is.
                                                                                    Yeah, it's pretty dire from both sides.

Poulson and Lucas have been shocking, is Maxi even still on the pitch?

It's depressing I tells ya.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

even the Argentinians think so...........

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfZZq78dnPs&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                        Jesus this is awful we could be 2/3 down and I wouldn't really have any complaints!

Opr
                                                                                        Something needs to change. Babel and Meireles should come on. Wht is th point of a shiny new 9m midifelder if we don't play him when playing terribly, and we need some pace down one of the flanks at least so shoud take Maxi or Javanovic off.

Comment

I don't buy this Lucas is rubbish stuff whenever Liverpool are playing badly

Defense play from back to front (carra)
                                                                                          Wide men are non existent
                                                                                          Gerrard does not take up positions to receive the ball in anything other than "give me the ball and I will do something magic" parts of the pitch

So when the CM's get the ball they are squeezed by opposition with no out ball and few options

He loses the ball trying to squeeze it through small gaps, Arsenal, Manu, Chelski etc do not play in these small gaps until they are around the box
                                                                                          We play in them on the halfway line
                                                                                          Liverpool play with too many players ahead of the ball as a starting position
                                                                                          (partially due to turning front men into wide men)

+A lot of the time Lucas looks bad because he is covering so much space he is going to look out of position for the very reason that he is the one trying

and the above is nothing to do with if I think he should be in a Liverpool shirt in the first place but when he leaves, he will do ok for himself elsewhere

Comment

genuine beat with so much on the line

Max Silver has just won a huge XX pot to claim a mammoth chip lead going into the heads up. Silver raised on the button to 135,000 and was called by Kitt in the small blind and Gilligan in the big. Silver made a 205,000 c-bet into the 6♥6♦K♦ flop and Kitt check-raised to 475,000. Silver made the call. Kitt fired another 600,000 at the 7♠ turn which Silver called after requesting a count for Kitt's remaining stack; he had 1.2m behind.

On the A♣ on the river Kitt moved all-in and Silver snap called with A♠A♣ for the nut full house to claim the 5,000,000 pot. Kitt exploded out of his seat as he tossed down 6♠3♠ for flopped trips.
                                                                                            gg Tom ul wp

pretty harsh to be beaten by the second Ac in teh deck

Comment

I agree if Meireles is fit he needs to come on. I would take Maxi off straight away he was completely anonymous in that half.

That performance from Pepe was one of the best half's I have seen from a keeper. The difficulty involved in some of those saves was incredible, he commanded the box and even his distribution at times was sublime picking out lovely balls from packed defences to find players in space.

Opr

Comment

I like Lucas, he's been shite today though, they all have bar Pepe.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKlaV-9Vzsk[/ame]
                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUlgN__Jrxk[/ame]
                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYyl78qQPVI[/ame]
                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovaGrcOEI-M[/ame]
                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5cbNcoVkBM[/ame]
                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqfS7NdcwdM[/ame]
                                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUPUpH81KmM[/ame]

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbzamJbxrk[/ame]

Paddy the Cellist looks out of his game which is good news regarding my plans to "interfere " with the other two.

Comment

LOL Liverpool in T minus 10 minutes

Comment

good point for Liverpool - gets them out of the relegation danger zone. could prove important at the end of the season

Comment

TV Query -

Watching NFL build up on SS4 and sound is slightly out of sync with picture. Is this happing for anyone else? It seems to happen a lot with 'satellite' channels. Is this just my tv or is it the feed. I obviously have no clue bout these things

Comment

LOL Liverpool in T minus 10 minutes
                                                                                                            You think a draw at St Andrews is a terrible result?

It was a pretty dire performance until the last 10 minutes, but I fail to see why you are laughing out loud at the result, which you were considering you were waiting til the final whistle for, so it couldn't be the performance or you would have already have been braying like a donkey if that is your thing, which it seems to be.

Comment

love this

Comment

You think a draw at St Andrews is a terrible result?

It was a pretty dire performance until the last 10 minutes, but I fail to see why you are laughing out loud at the result, which you were considering you were waiting til the final whistle for, so it couldn't be the performance or you would have already have been braying like a donkey if that is your thing, which it seems to be.
                                                                                                                Do you not remember last year Bubbleking openly admitting he knows fuck all about football?

Howard Finkel has nothing to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                  TV Query -

Watching NFL build up on SS4 and sound is slightly out of sync with picture. Is this happing for anyone else? It seems to happen a lot with 'satellite' channels. Is this just my tv or is it the feed. I obviously have no clue bout these things
                                                                                                                  Just checked and it is ok for me. I am on NTL though, not sky.

Comment

Just checked and it is ok for me. I am on NTL though, not sky.
                                                                                                                    I'm on NTL also must be the tv so

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                                                      Just heard an ad for Hurts new album on Today FM and I saw one the other day on TV3, they're gonna be huge, once more people listen to them they'll explode!!
                                                                                                                      Looks like they broke the top ten in ireland and england with the new album.

Dunno what that means these days though (or how many copies sony picked up!); Katy Perry got top spot and that album is pretty poor imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                        I'm on NTL also must be the tv so
                                                                                                                        unlikely to be the tv. This comes and goes with sky. It's rare enough tho. If it doesnt go away phone ntl imo.

Comment

What's the best program to use to grab songs from youtube?

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X