Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love how just one thread in wallstreetbets has 100000 comments in three hours. Dude must be over 50 million by now.

Great reading:

If you get infinite monkeys and give them computers they'll eventually fuck over hedge funds.

Comment

Kid had a bit of a temperature yesterday during the day. She was grand otherwise, we were keeping an eye. She's grand today.

Went up to her last night and she was awake saying she was a bit warm.

Her back and chest were hot to the touch so brought her into our bed to keep an eye.

I took out the phone to Google it.

I fucking almost, almost hit search on '6 year old with hot body'

Imagine trying to explain that.

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Anyone here eat much beef jerky? Like to the extent that you feel you'd be knowledgeable about it? Just wondering if there are some particularly good brands out there. Love the idea of beef jerky in general, but sometimes feel a bit let down by the quality and other times feel it is the best snack in the world.
        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Love how just one thread in wallstreetbets has 100000 comments in three hours. Dude must be over 50 million by now.

Great reading:

If you get infinite monkeys and give them computers they'll eventually fuck over hedge funds.
          DFV posted a pic this evening +$47m .

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Anyone here eat much beef jerky? Like to the extent that you feel you'd be knowledgeable about it? Just wondering if there are some particularly good brands out there. Love the idea of beef jerky in general, but sometimes feel a bit let down by the quality and other times feel it is the best snack in the world.
            So you're not even considering keeping your NaCl intake around 4g a day?
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The bro quit facebook and google as a result of some documentary on Netflix. Haven't seen it. Two months off both. Uses some search engine called Ecosia or something like that now.
              What email does he use. What does he use for instant messaging?
              Phone?
              Browser?
              Online maps/directions?
              Online Videos?

I believe there are many not used the search engine. Not really what I was referring to though.

Comment

How do I short Trump hotels?

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post

So you're not even considering keeping your NaCl intake around 4g a day?
                  My wha?

Could that be maybe more a heart attack than a heart valve thing? I'd say I'm at or around daily recommended salt intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    What email does he use. What does he use for instant messaging?
                    Phone?
                    Browser?
                    Online maps/directions?
                    Online Videos?

I believe there are many not used the search engine. Not really what I was referring to though.
                    It wasn't presented as a perfect solution! Nor does he think so. Just doing a little bit in the right direction. No harm in that. World is full of defeatists who think every little doesn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Looks opulent . I'd stay there and chase the former press secretary around the place. Although I prefer the new one . Those eyes

Comment

It wasn't presented as a perfect solution! Nor does he think so. Just doing a little bit in the right direction. No harm in that. World is full of defeatists who think every little doesn't help.
                        It would only be defeatist if they wanted to help.

I'm talking more about the contradiction of it all. Ranting about FB is evil and how they'd never use it..they just message on Whatsapp.

Don't get me wrong. I think facebook is a cesspit of idiocy misinformation. But if somebody reposts some idiot scam meme about covid. I don't blame FB for facilitating propaganda, I blame the user for being an gullible idiot. But that's just me. Online services need a certain amount of culpability, but trying to blame them for everything on their platform is too far. There's personal responsibility too.

I don't think twitter is any better tbh. At some point it all degrades to the intelligence of Youtube comments.

Comment

Looks nice. $400 per night for the cheapest room I'm more of a Holiday Inn kind of guy.
                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

It's probably not too surprising that a hotel is empty in the middle of a pandemic.

Comment

I'm talking more about the contradiction of it all. Ranting about FB is evil and how they'd never use it..they just message on Whatsapp.

Don't get me wrong. I think facebook is a cesspit of idiocy misinformation. But if somebody reposts some idiot scam meme about covid. I don't blame FB for facilitating propaganda, I blame the user for being an gullible idiot. But that's just me. Online services need a certain amount of culpability, but trying to blame them for everything on their platform is too far. There's personal responsibility too.

I don't think twitter is any better tbh. At some point it all degrades to the intelligence of Youtube comments.
                              Do you have any sense at to what level of data they scrape from WhatsApp?

Comment

nah. this is corporate-stoodge level talk - the argument that there's nothing you can do to make a difference so why even try. Of course it matters and makes a difference if you use a service less. If you use WhatsApp instead of FB. WhatsApp collects far less info and with a messaging service you are reliant on what other people are using. In some things that he can easily control he has made decent decisions to reduce his usage. I don't want to lightly use the word hero, but ...

Comment

Platforms change as time goes by, people dont really. I never paid much attention to the barstool rambler 30 years ago and I'm not going to change that because he has switched to Facebook or Twitter. I certainly never remember a pub getting pulled up by government for what was said in it.

Comment

Any Thyestes fancies?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      Any Thystes fancies?
                                      Nope , strict hetro here. Thanks for asking

Comment

Back when I ate meat I would normally order from this site https://www.irishbiltong.ie
                                        and was a big fan of chili biltong and droewers.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Any Thystes fancies?
                                          I've backed Class Conti in the big one. I'm banking on WP having a good day. I've backed him in 5 out of 7 races.

Comment

I see poor AIB could do with a GME boost. Come on Elon, tweet AIB you bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                              Do you have any sense at to what level of data they scrape from WhatsApp?
                                              I don't know the details. But I imagine they scrap some content. They bought the app for 16 billion. It's not monetised (yet). So FB obvious felt they could take $16b of value from it.
                                              But the data they take it not relevant to my point, in the slightest. It's simply the fact its a FB product.

nah. this is corporate-stoodge level talk - the argument that there's nothing you can do to make a difference so why even try.
                                              Where was that my argument? That's literally what you said in the previous post, that I also said wasn't the point.

Of course it matters and makes a difference if you use a service less. If you use WhatsApp instead of FB. WhatsApp collects far less info and with a messaging service you are reliant on what other people are using. In some things that he can easily control he has made decent decisions to reduce his usage. I don't want to lightly use the word hero, but ...
                                              If your brother is trying to make a small difference. Good on him. But I don't see how that is relevant to my post about being skeptical of anyone who says they never use any FB/Google product. Nothing to do with making a change. I don't know whether the brother is making that claim, my post was before you brought him up.

The reason for the skepticism should be obvious. It's difficult.
                                              Dropping the google search to make a small difference. No issue there.
                                              But claiming mid-rant that you'd never use anything by FB/Google; while you browse youtube and instagram on your android phone. Well it's just a weird lie to tell people.
                                              Platforms change as time goes by, people dont really. I never paid much attention to the barstool rambler 30 years ago and I'm not going to change that because he has switched to Facebook or Twitter. I certainly never remember a pub getting pulled up by government for what weas said in it.
                                              That was in response to the idea that the platform is liable for what people use it for. If somebody gets in a fight down the pub, the pub isn't charge with facilitating assault.
                                              I agree that we should take any notice of the nutters.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post

I've backed Class Conti in the big one. I'm banking on WP having a good day. I've backed him in 5 out of 7 races.
                                                9/1 for 4 or more winners across the card on pp
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The FT now going with the Astrazeneca story https://www.ft.com/content/e5b64f87-...a-bb76c013a284
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Any Thyestes fancies?
                                                    Dunvegan ew looks a nice bet

Comment

Browsing through WSB. It's mostly nonsense and memes.
                                                      But found one guy who pointed out back in october that the short interest was 250% of the public float back in October. That seems like a ridiculously risky position.
                                                      Anyone know how common that is?

Comment

The FT now going with the Astrazeneca story https://www.ft.com/content/e5b64f87-...a-bb76c013a284
                                                        Different line to this one.

AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine should only be given to people aged under 65, Germany’s vaccine committee said in an update to its vaccine recommendation, citing a lack of sufficient data to recommend use in older age groups.
                                                        This could influence the EMA to make the same recommendation tomorrow. Would really upset the rollout plan. $3-4 per shot, compared with $20 for the Pfizer/BioNTech jab. You get what you pay for I guess.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Don't know why they wouldn't speed up the Sputnik approval given the fairly huge problems with this vaccine (not enough of it and not good enough), as it seems way more effective (in verifiable ways)

Comment

Any Thyestes fancies?
                                                            Diol Ker looks a big price in this

Comment

Diol Ker looks a big price in this
                                                              Ugh! thought he was going to get back up, place will be ok but double going onto Dunvegan would have been a nice sweat

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

9/1 for 4 or more winners across the card on pp
                                                                Not working out so far..they knew

Comment

Saw the likes of robinhood and 212 now refusing to let people buy gme

Comment

Saw the likes of robinhood and 212 now refusing to let people buy gme
                                                                    Not letting them trade it at all. Not just not buy.
                                                                    ​​​​​​
                                                                    brokers are on the hook if accounts go el busto.

They don't get any of the profits, but take the losses. But the first reaction is that it's the brokers manipulating the markets. People are dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

​​​​​​

They don't get any of the profits, but take the losses. But the first reaction is that it's the brokers manipulating the markets. People are dumb.
                                                                      If the guys are locked in and cant sell does that mean the squeeze continues and the 2 hedge funds are screwed or without more upward pressure does it fizzle out somehow?

Comment

​​​​​​

People put up screenshots showing they are allowed to sell but not buy, with warning messages showing the same. This has changed you are saying?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

If the guys are locked in and cant sell does that mean the squeeze continues and the 2 hedge funds are screwed or without more upward pressure does it fizzle out somehow?
                                                                          You can still buy in various places.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

They're able to close positions. Just not open positions. In either direction.

Comment

It's really such bs. These guys found a wrinkle where hedge funds were taking on far too much risk, and punished them.

Value is totally objective, argue its not.

But only being able to close positions only helps the shorters, its infuriating really.
                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Awesome to see really.

Loads of non restricted people just willing to burn money to make a point.

“I always figured the global uprising would be more burning down buildings and less getting on my phone at 4am to check stonks. But this is the fight I’m built for.”
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Started again. I just stuck a grand on it now to test and up 100 in a minute. Sniff, my first ever "bet".
                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 28-01-21, 17:21.

Comment

I wanted to make myself a table for the Ooni Pizza oven, seemingly "pocket holes" are the easiest way of joining 2 pieces of wood together...turns out they were right, i can see myself making a few other projects this way.

Pro tip...if using gloss paint and yacht varnish, this would be a better summer activity rather than waiting 2 days between coats.

PXL-20210119-152526351.jpg

PXL-20210119-161426942.jpg

PXL-20210119-161435338.jpg

PXL-20210121-153613842.jpg

PXL-20210125-153338436.jpg

PXL-20210128-162300812-MP.jpg

PXL-20210128-162309180.jpg
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Started again. I just stuck a grand on it now to test and up 100 in a minute. Sniff, my first ever "bet".
                                                                                      I wanted to play with them from Monday but recalled how long verification took on the crypto sites when we were all going mad a couple of years ago.

Comment

What’s with all the shock horror headlines this week about people flying out of Dublin for sun holidays- been going on ages , everybody knew? And they chose this week to have a Pearl clutching frenzy?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I wanted to play with them from Monday but recalled how long verification took on the crypto sites when we were all going mad a couple of years ago.
                                                                                          That's what stopped me doing it too, and I don't have any valid ID atm. Then I remembered revolut today, so if you have that you can turn on investing in a few clicks.

Edit: Going to start investing in general now, been planning to for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                            It's really such bs. These guys found a wrinkle where hedge funds were taking on far too much risk, and punished them.

Value is totally objective, argue its not.

But only being able to close positions only helps the shorters, its infuriating really.
                                                                                            It's not just hedge funds who are short. Tons of people were shorting because they think it's overvalued. Every time it gaps up those accounts are wiped out and owe money.

Plenty of poker players posting six figure losses
                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-01-21, 18:02.

Comment

It's not just hedge funds who are short. Tons of people were shorting because they think it's overvalued. Every time it gaps up those accounts are wiped out and owe money.
                                                                                              You place your bets, you take your chances though right?

Comment

That's what stopped me doing it too, and I don't have any valid ID atm. Then I remembered revolut today, so if you have that you can turn on investing in a few clicks.

Edit: Going to start investing in general now, been planning to for ages.
                                                                                                Should get a little sub-forum going here for picks. Seems to be a fair bit of interest.

Comment

I love a good Ole builder/chef post.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Should get a little sub-forum going here for picks. Seems to be a fair bit of interest.
                                                                                                    I'd love that, I do a decent bit of DD before investing but I've no one really to bounce it off, least no one I would trust. This forum has some real smarties.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Would enjoy this, gonna stick most my money into US and World ETF's and have some fun money for mooning.

Comment

You place your bets, you take your chances though right?
                                                                                                        Yeah but trading isn't a table game. You can lose more then what's in front of you. Leaving others on the hook for the $$. Hence why they're restricting people.

Exchanges do this all the time to protect themselves.

Comment

oleras

Great work there, must be very satisfying. Would love to have tools and a place to use them and then some semblance of handiness wielding said tools.

Would be inordinately proud of myself assembling flat pack

Comment

I'd love that, I do a decent bit of DD before investing but I've no one really to bounce it off, least no one I would trust. This forum has some real smarties.
                                                                                                            You cunce chased one of the smartiest away

Do hope he isn't gone.
                                                                                                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Yeah, where is riggs anyway?

Comment

Reminds me that I did a bit of a sales effort on Zuroph over twitter last week.

Said he might pop his head in.

Comment

Did the auld tax return there and claimed the remote working allowance for 2020. €300 - odd. The MyPAYE website is getting much better.

Why in god's name do I have to push all these mad keys to get a Euro symbol to pop up when $ and £ are pretty redundant on me keyboard?

Comment

It's elec, heating and BB is it? Anything else?

Comment

It's elec, heating and BB is it? Anything else?
                                                                                                                      Fill in total spend for year for electricity and broadband in two boxes and then state how many days you worked from home in another box.

Comment

Okay I'm in.... as soon as Revolut verify me.

APES TOGETHER STRONG

Comment

Started dabbling on a tiny scale with Crypto on Revolut. I've noticed they take a percentage/flat fee when i buy it but...... when i sell do i get everything? i.e. if i see that my BTC holding is now €100 do i get that in full when i sell?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X